Submit

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:18 pm
The news is that the new Super Smash Bros. is being developed for WiiU/3DS! What characters would you love to see be included in the upcoming roster? http://gematsu.com/2013/01/new-super-smash-bros-to-be-revealed-at-e3

Personally, I would love for Midna to be included~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ~ The awesomeness (*Q*)/  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:43 pm
Mega Man, Tails, Meowth.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

The Angelic Guard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:52 pm
I would really like to see Shulk from "Xenoblade Chronicles", and Travis Touchdown from "No more heroes". I know that SSB already has a fairly large amount of sword users, but I would still enjoy fighting as these guys in the next game.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:08 am
A Platinum character's almost guaranteed a spot at this point; probably one of the W101 characters, or even Bayonetta.

I'd love to see Travis Touchdown, even though it's probably not gonna happen.

Another Kid Icarus character's also probably likely now that Sakurai's done Uprising. Medusa or Magnus would be cool.

Megaman and/or Viewtiful Joe and/or Amaterasu. I'm gonna be pissed if there's a Capcom character and it's ******** Ryu.

Another MGS and Sonic character would be cool, as long as it's not a bullshit character like Blaze. My first choices would be Cyborg Raiden and Tails or Knuckles.  

Waynebrizzle

The Angelic Guard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 pm
Waynebrizzle
A Platinum character's almost guaranteed a spot at this point; probably one of the W101 characters, or even Bayonetta.

I'd love to see Travis Touchdown, even though it's probably not gonna happen.

Another Kid Icarus character's also probably likely now that Sakurai's done Uprising. Medusa or Magnus would be cool.

Megaman and/or Viewtiful Joe and/or Amaterasu. I'm gonna be pissed if there's a Capcom character and it's ******** Ryu.

Another MGS and Sonic character would be cool, as long as it's not a bullshit character like Blaze. My first choices would be Cyborg Raiden and Tails or Knuckles.

I agree with Bayonetta. Her wild and outlandish style would fit greatly into the SSB game  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:45 pm
This probably wouldn't happen because Square Enix has the rights, but... I would love to see Geno in the next Smash Bros. Poor Geno hasn't been in a game since Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and he was just a cameo.  

Puu-chan

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 pm
Yes to Midna, yes to Geno, and mega yes to Travis Touchdown.

Would love to see O'Chunks from Super Paper Mario (or any character from the Paper Mario series, for that matter), or Goemon from the Mystical Ninja series.

Ghirahim from Skyward Sword also has my vote.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:25 pm
Mega Man is a must. If he's not in it, I'll say I'll try to stop from buying it, but I'll still get it day one-I'll just be mad for like five more years. As far as Zelda goes, though, I'd say Midna would be a pretty safe bet if they hadn't ignored her for Brawl (which had TP assets). I'd expect Ghirahim, if anyone from Zelda and Skyward Sword versions of Link (cool) and Zelda (AW YEA). I'm interested to see what Shiek (if she makes an appearance... it'd be weird if she didn't) looks like in the new Smash--maybe Zelda transforms and changes places with Impa or something. Who knows.

Travis Touchdown would be a great addition, though stripping him of his brutal murders and cursing might make him seem too strange. I wouldn't mind bleeps, though. That might actually be funnier.

V-Joe would really just be a mini-Falcon which is actually alright with me. I don't mind clone characters as much anymore, especially if they're different enough to live on their own and V-Joe COULD be one of them. Plus, he's just way too cool and hearing his terrible dialog and voice would be fantastic in Smash Bros.

As for Kid Icarus, Magnus is a possibility for a big, slow sword wielder like Ike, but... different, but I think Medusa or Hades would be a more likely candidate. I'm excited to see what Uprising content we get in it since it was such a good game with great writing and Sakurai also made it.

Don't put GENO in it. Has anyone played through SMRPG in the last five years? What's so great about him? He has little personality and kind of sucks in general. I don't get the uproar. Give me Tails or Knuckles over him.

But god, give us costume changes.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 pm
Frankly, I'd like them to drop Wolf and add Krystal.
I'm sick of them making clones of pre-existing characters. Falco was a good idea because he was little bit less focused on speed but still had the overall feel of Fox. Wolf was a bit much. I understand that characters have only a couple of fighting style models. I'd obviously expect Mega Man to be played very much like Samus or Mewtwo but I feel like they tried a bit less hard with the variation from Melee to Brawl than from SSB to Melee.
I want them to even out the characters a bit more. The tier system just ruined the gameplay imho. You could still feel a bit of a difference in power and speed in the earlier games but I feel like everything was practically equal in the 64 version. It felt like you actually had a chance as Jigglypuff, you know? I mean, I know a bunch of people who can annihilate people with Jugglypuff so I'm not pointing out specific characters, I'm just pointing out the fact that the characters are a bit unbalanced and harder to use to the point where it doesn't matter how big the roster is because everyone chooses the same characters unless they're total beasts. Not to sound like a hipster or anything, but as someone who's been using Fox since day 1 (I use everyone but Fox is my fave) it bothers me so much that everyone plays with Fox just because he's made to be so much stronger and faster than most now because of how unbalanced everything is.
I'll give credit to Brawl for kind of balancing the roster out but you still get troll characters like Sonic who just rape the whole thing. GTFO my game. I LOVE Sonic. I'm a HUGE fan of Sonic. I'll raise Chaos like children but I was super pissed when I saw the treatment of Sonic's character in Brawl.
IDK, this kind of turned into a rant. Sorry. I guess I just want them to balance the characters out and make the move sets less clone-like.

I want to see Megaman and Tails. I know this sounds weird but I'm more excited for the items.
I really really REALLY want an SMB3 raccoon leaf. It should make you fly and make that trill sound. Imagine. You're Link or something and suddenly you're taking out Kirby in midair because BOOYAH, YOU CAN FLY.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:29 pm
@60 Thou Goes Ghost: O'Chunks would be hilarious to see. I could imagine his recovery move being him blasting the pants cannon, kinda like Wario. xD
I didn't even consider Ghirahim until now. But now that I am, I think I'd rather have him in it than Demise, though Demise's flaming hair is awesome.

@Meta_Fish: I've played through SMRPG in last year or so. While I do agree that he doesn't have that much personality, I really don't think that has anything to do with what characters do or don't get chosen for Super Smash Bros. Honestly I just think it would be cool to see Geno fighting since he's a star spirit in a doll's body, plus I think his attacks would fit in well with the game.

@Skitty-san: Brawl was really unbalanced because the only person that worked on balancing it was Sakurai. He's already said that he won't be the only person this time, so that shouldn't be a problem with the next game. c:  

Puu-chan

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:20 pm
Okay. Let's talk Super Smash Bros.

Skitty-san
Frankly, I'd like them to drop Wolf and add Krystal.
I'm sick of them making clones of pre-existing characters. Falco was a good idea because he was little bit less focused on speed but still had the overall feel of Fox. Wolf was a bit much. I understand that characters have only a couple of fighting style models. I'd obviously expect Mega Man to be played very much like Samus or Mewtwo but I feel like they tried a bit less hard with the variation from Melee to Brawl than from SSB to Melee.

I feel like Wolf was at least the most different of the trio. Sure, they all have slightly different guns, but I don't know, at least Wolf's B over was different and his standing A combo went forward and stuff. He felt the most different to me, but having a third clone (or edit, Tatsuman) of a character does kind of stink when you just want ******** MEGA MAN TO BE IN THE GAME.

The worst part is that they all have the same Final Smash. Granted, Wolf's is very apparently the best, it's annoying to see the same one for three characters. I'm really blown away that Falco didn't get in an Arwing and that Toon Link didn't blow you away with the Windwaker. That just shows that they really ARE clone characters and that they didn't care enough to differentiate them.

I want less clones in the next game, but they're pretty good with that. Even characters that played very similarly in SSB (Mario and Luigi... Kirby and Jigglypuff) got changed to be their own strong characters in Melee. Clones in Melee (Fox/Falco, Link/YoungLink, Mario/Dr., Marth/Roy, C.Falcon/Ganondorf, Pikachu/Pichu) even got changed a lot, or removed/replaced, which made it a lot cleaner, though to the chagrin of fans of characters removed. Brawl did the same thing, but it always stinks when there's a clone character ingame and a cool character you can imagine fitting in that isn't. Hopefully with the next game we'll see unique Final Smashes and even bigger changes with clones.

Skitty-san
I want them to even out the characters a bit more. The tier system just ruined the gameplay imho. You could still feel a bit of a difference in power and speed in the earlier games but I feel like everything was practically equal in the 64 version. It felt like you actually had a chance as Jigglypuff, you know? I mean, I know a bunch of people who can annihilate people with Jugglypuff so I'm not pointing out specific characters, I'm just pointing out the fact that the characters are a bit unbalanced and harder to use to the point where it doesn't matter how big the roster is because everyone chooses the same characters unless they're total beasts. Not to sound like a hipster or anything, but as someone who's been using Fox since day 1 (I use everyone but Fox is my fave) it bothers me so much that everyone plays with Fox just because he's made to be so much stronger and faster than most now because of how unbalanced everything is.
I'll give credit to Brawl for kind of balancing the roster out but you still get troll characters like Sonic who just rape the whole thing. GTFO my game. I LOVE Sonic. I'm a HUGE fan of Sonic. I guess I just want them to balance the characters out and make the move sets less clone-like.
There are tiers in EVERYTHING, though. The difference between SSB and SSBM is that Melee got a HUGE following because it was SO much better in playability, content, visual appeal, character roster; EVERYTHING. It blew up and was a top selling game on the system for almost its entire lifecycle. It also had a five year lifespan, compared to SSB's (about three?) and it had the help of the internet coming into its own with the turn of the century. People met up and played it together, ran it to its limits and figured out all sorts of things like how many frames are in each move, ways to break the game with glitches and so on. The competitive scene for SSB was non-existant. People loved it and some people played it competitively, but Melee is NOTORIOUS for competitions. The term "tourneyfag" was BORN to it.

The difference, which people almost never understand, is that for people that don't play like... well, tourneyfags, tiers don't matter. Sonic is not top-tier, according to the competitive scene in Brawl. Meta Knight is god-tier and banned in almost all tournament play. But if you don't play like tournament-level competitors, even the lowest-tiered character can have an easy time against someone playing as Meta Knight. Tiers are shattered when in the hands of those that don't research frame counts, priority and adhere to tournament rules.

That said, Sonic is incredibly fast, and in the right hands, a gigantic douche. But, in the right hands, anyone else can be, too. I went to a tournament in Toronto and played a few rounds with a guy playing as Zero Suit Samus that would just freeze me in place with her stun-gun over and over and over and over again to rack up damage into a short-hop B down cancel kick, which almost always instantly killed me. Out of all the round we played, I didn't win any and believe me, I was trying. I even tried a bunch of different characters.

Puu-chan
@Meta_Fish: I've played through SMRPG in last year or so. While I do agree that he doesn't have that much personality, I really don't think that has anything to do with what characters do or don't get chosen for Super Smash Bros. Honestly I just think it would be cool to see Geno fighting since he's a star spirit in a doll's body, plus I think his attacks would fit in well with the game.
Personality doesn't really matter, I suppose, I just don't get the huge appeal to Geno. Sure, it's neat that he's a living doll, but he was so easily forgettable as a character in both attack-type as well as dialog that I never really cared about him. I'd rather see Count Bleck, Bombette, Spike, Ms. Mowz or the Rawk Hawk or something.

Though most of them (Geno included) would be better as Assist Trophies or background characters in a stage or something. OMG WHY HASN'T THERE BEEN A PAPER MARIO STAGE JSLDKFJSLK

Puu-chan
@Skitty-san: Brawl was really unbalanced because the only person that worked on balancing it was Sakurai. He's already said that he won't be the only person this time, so that shouldn't be a problem with the next game. c:
Where did you hear that? I can't imagine one man would EVER alone tweak and balance a game on his own, even Sakurai.

The fact of the matter is, there will always be balancing issues. Even great, almost perfect games can be broken. One of the "selling points" for the rereleases of Capcom's new fighters (SSF4, UMVC3, etc) is "balance." Marth was thought to be useless until Ken appeared on the tournament scene and dominated with him. But as I've stated above, balance doesn't matter for a lot of people.

I could say I'd like a system where the better you're doing, the worse your luck is or the weaker you become, but that can be mindlessly frustrating, too (Mario Kart Wii). I think the most important thing is to find people that are fun to play with. The greatest and worst thing about Super Smash Bros. ANYTHING is that it has such broad and lasting appeal, that people all OVER become huge fans of it. The greatest and worst problem is that you'll find these people and they'll want to play it and you won't like it because they may beat you or they may use a technique you find devious and too harsh or they may play with rules you don't agree with. You may be beaten by a character you found useless or chain-grabbed by King Dedede or the Ice Climbers to where you can't escape. You'll go online and complain about "balance" when it's just that you're playing with gigantic (pardon my french) faggots.

Play with fun people.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 pm
Pardon the Smash Bros. Bible I posted.

MEGA MAN FOR SSB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:25 pm
I think I just need to avoid playing VS tournament otaku

I love switching it up and playing with everyone despite the fact that I prefer to play with Fox.

I was super disappointed that Mega Man wasn't is Brawl.
Hoping he's in the new roster.

It's so bizarre that he isn't in it. Why isn't he in it? gonk

I want moar items. I'm all about items. SSB isn't SSB without items. I hate playing without items. I'd love to see FLUDD as an item.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Items, stages, music and even stuff like new dialog and easter eggs are all very exciting, on top of the new roster. I've heard Sakurai saying there will probably be some cuts because he doesn't want to saturate the game with characters. Who would you cut if you had to? Or who would you replace?

I think Ganondorf has come into his own since Melee, but it's still silly to see him pull out his sword as a taunt, then to just be a Captain Falcon clone. Maybe he could replace Ike as the slow, heavy sword-hitter? He could even shoot the balls of energy that he tends to use and we could get a NEW Captain Falcon clone in Viewtiful Joe (please god crying ).

Anyone think the Pokemon Trainer will get different Pokemon? I seriously hope they make his final smash different. It's so stupid that they use triple finish, which isn't even a Pokemon MOVE and at Brawl's release, triple battles weren't a thing, yet. His final smash should be to use Mewtwo or something so people can play as him again and because he is supposed to be insanely powerful.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:08 pm
hmm pokemon trainer using legendaries.

doesn't sound right but maybe pokemon ranger would work.

gotta have megaman, im sure before the roster reveal for brawl i came up with many good ways to NOT make him a SpamusKirbah. but im too lazy to go find it.

needless to say, his down+b should be a special grab that copies a power. and it doesn't necessarily have to be the opponents B move, it could be specific for each character or something.

and yeah i think falco should either 1, be completly different or 2, replaced with another starfox character.

as for other sonic character... knuckles and tails could be very different from sonic, they are in most games so i dont see why not. as long as tails doesn't end up a fox clone some how...  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff