Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

getting it when its out?
  yes on both systems.
  yes for the wiiu gotta have that online
  yes for 3ds, i fight with my friends.
  no i'm a puss and dont want to fight things bigger than me.
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 pm
its on both Wiiu and 3DS. showcases 2 monster fights and all the weapon types. and its free! you can access it 30 times before its over, but the full games out in less than 30 days.

TRY IT! its better than Tri thats for sure.
if your stumped it has a manual to read on the home menu in game.

so far my favs are the gunlance, the hunting horn, the new mode for the heavy bowgun, and the Bow. all their new attack mechanics are pretty sweet. all the ones that were in tri function pretty much in the same way, with teh exception of heavy bowgun and its new siege mode.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 pm
Woo! Yay for demos!
I'll try it/them when I have wi-fi~  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:53 pm
Looks better than it did on my CRT television.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:36 pm
yeah, Tri was terrible on a CRT, and even when i ran Tri on my Wiiu, the text was still somewhat unreadable.

the demo shows clear text, beautiful shadowing*, much better texturing*, and some decent HD graphics*

*for a Wii to Wiiu Port.

and the changes they made to some weapons make it possible for anyone new to the game to pick it up and try it. in unite, you'd never see me using a hunting horn voluntarily. now i want to use it more than hammer.  

Xilo The Odd

Puu-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:56 pm
I've never played Monster Hunter before. But I've heard it's really good, so I downloaded the demo for my 3DS. So far I played through the demo three times, and I'm not quite sure how much I like it. o3o The weapons I've tried out are the sword, the long sword and the bow (sorry if any of these names are off).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:38 pm
some of the good ones for first timers that are easy to learn are the greatsword, teh hammer, the sword and shield, and since the demo nerfs the monsters a bit the light bowgun is also a good one to learn with. i dont ahve a 3DS so i dunno if the demo on there comes with a digital manual but its worth a look to see if you were missing something with a specific weapon.

the demo may not explain much but if its anything like tri a lot of the quests and advice villagers give will help you learn new things for new players.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:34 pm
Does it tell you how to do anything? Like, at all? I tried the demo on Wii U and had no idea how to use my weapon for a good long while, and when I did, didn't find it effective, nor know how to reload. I had to learn everything on my own and then I wasn't very effective at any of it. The second bad taste this game has left in my mouth.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:25 pm
In the demo?
nope.
No instruction whatsoever.
Dual swords will always be my first love.
Sword and shield is a great standby.
I'm terrible with the longsword.

Also, it wasn't until my fourth play through of the demo that I realized I had steak, bombs, and mega potions. /derp  

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:45 pm
Caramel Kisses
In the demo?
nope.
Lovely. "Hope you played the other ones because if you didn't, this demo is basically impossible for you to wrap your head around!"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 pm
Meta_Fish
Caramel Kisses
In the demo?
nope.
Lovely. "Hope you played the other ones because if you didn't, this demo is basically impossible for you to wrap your head around!"

I remember there being a tutorial in the game, though,
but then again, I haven't played MH since like, Freedom Unite when I had a PSP way back when...  

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 pm
Caramel Kisses
Meta_Fish
Caramel Kisses
In the demo?
nope.

I remember there being a tutorial in the game, though,
but then again, I haven't played MH since like, Freedom Unite when I had a PSP way back when...
But I mean, then who is the demo for? Fans of the series already? Great, they already knew it was another MH game with new content.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:09 pm
To be honest the demo is probably one of the worst ones I've played (as far as helping newcomers, anyway), and I have around ten demos on my 3DS, most of which from series I've never played before. I find it pretty sad that the demo itself doesn't tell you how to do anything other then how to track the specific monster. -_-
I'm a bit relieved I'm not the only one having problems with the demo. ninja

@Xilo The Odd: It does come with a digital manual, though I've always preferred in-game tutorials. I'm totally cool with looking up more specific aspects in manuals, like more advanced moves. But basics? Explanations in the game, please.

@Caramel: It took me awhile to notice that there were other items you could use, too.  

Puu-chan

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 pm
Is it me, or does the 3DS game seem to have lost some moves? I can't figure out how to do a charge thrust, which makes the switch axe less fun, and I can't figure out how to not suck with the longsword. It wasn't so hard in the first version of the game.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:53 am
Oh wow, hunting horn is actually pretty neat.  

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:53 pm
*plays*

how do you do anything

*dies*

yay  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items