Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:50 am
User Image

The new arrivals seemed to be settling in well enough. The entire Isle was a new place for them, not just the Great Tree, so some seemed to be spending time here getting used to their new home; others had gone out to explore the Isle further. They were free to do as they wished, of course, and Laisidhiel would always be waiting as their true home.

The Tree was generally abuzz with new voices, the 'Faunies' (as some had taken to calling themselves since their connection to the Isle's Faun had been revealed) were constantly moving about the inside of the Tree, selecting alcoves to call their own, and moving in with what few belongings that they had brought with them. Some possessed more than others; but it made no real difference in the end, as Laisidhiel could provide all the necessities. Of course, luxury items were up to those who wanted them.

The blind Seer moved with a quiet grace through the Tree, listening to all the voices, and seeing things that only she could see. So much life and energy. It practically pulsated, sporadically 'lighting up' one Fauny, then another, with a rainbow of colors, but each tinged with calming forest green at the edges of their aura. It wasn't 'seeing' as she used to, or even as many would even understand if she tried to explain it, but it was something. It was reassuring.

She had no particular destination in mind today, she was simply moving about, while staying out of the way. Making her presence known quietly, in case any needed to seek her out. She was, afterall, the spiritual guide and counselor to the Faun, among her many duties. That extended to the new arrivals as well, if they chose to seek her out for any questions about their new home.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:25 pm
User Image Celestia looked from the entrance of her new "home," no different in appearance from outside than any of the others, yet all knew to whom it belonged and seemed to avoid it if they were not in need of her guidance and help. What good had her guidance become? She was now only a princess in title without any power of her own; the head belonged to he who ruled the established majority. Yes, here it appeared that she was to be on equal responsibility as all who had arrived, yet she still felt their eyes follow her when she entered or left their view, knew they were still looking to her as the example of how they should behave. A perfect princes, as she always was supposed to be.

Though, how could be do this without any knowledge of the land they now belonged to? What manners of speech to use in a greeting, which gestures were considered offensive; none of it she knew, yet she did not feel it appropriate to outright ask such a thing. They were once the same people, were they not? Should not these interactions be of the same whether they be between faun or 'fauny'?

Glancing away, a movement of black and blue caught her eye. A figure, one whom she had seen once before, and whom had watched her for longer. The seer of the tree, Vanya, was it? Even the title was foreign: seer. What does a seer do, 'less the name imply itself that she is there to see. See what though? What is different through her eyes?

Perhaps if she would just ask... The fauny thought, taking an impulsive step forward before pausing, calming her excitement.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:39 pm
The slightest twitch of an ear was the only sign the Seer gave in response. It was the same sort of motion one might see a deer in the woods make, having heard a small noise. But what could she have heard in this large space with so many living and moving within...right?

She did not stop immediately, but slowed her pace until reaching one of the simple seating alcoves carved into the walls of Laisidhiel. The wood was seamless, simply shaped from the inside wall itself, to provide a simple seat, much like a bench in fashion, for it's residents within. She used the tip of her staff to check her position in relation to the seat before sitting down. Navigating among other Faun was much easier given her new Sight; navigating inanimate objects was not. Though, sometimes, it was easier within the Tree.

Suspecting that someone was debating getting her attention, she simply made herself available and waited for them to make the first move. She seated herself comfortably, leaning her staff against the wall nearby. Her sightless eyes stared unfocused over the large gathering center at the base of the Tree, though one got the sense that she was watching something else that only she could 'see'.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 am
Her head turned, only Celestia's eyes followed the movements of the other, from her walking to her sitting. She was tapping the bench, was she not? Blind then, but how could one who cannot see hold the title of one who is assumed to see all? There were so many questions moving through her head that she simply had no answer for, so many curiosities left unanswered from their arrival.

Nodding once, barely, to herself, she took the first steps forward. The grace at which she moved and held her head up to masked the innate haste and timidness that flashed throughout her thoughts. She must present herself as the princess her faunies know her to be, proud and dignified, yet graceful and soft; anything else might evoke confusion, and that mussn't happen.

Arriving near the seer, she glanced back behind her, catching the view a few whose eyes trailed her movement as her eyes had trailed the darker one's. Looking back too her, she silently took a seat across, saying nothing as she brushed her bangs out of her eyes.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 am
The stranger was far from loud in her movements, however, Vanya had learned to pick up the slightest sounds, even separating them from ambient noise. She listened as the other took a seat, taking a preliminary read of her aura. The color kept shifting, and yet, as always the edges of the aura remained green. Perhaps a bit lighter green than she was used to seeing on other Faun, but close enough.

After a moment of silence between them, she nodded briefly and decided that she may as well start the conversation. "Greetings, friend," she smiled, inclining her head. "You are one of our new arrivals, are you not?" She could not see as others did, but her ability to read auras gave her some information. She had learned that the green edges of an aura belonged to those connected to the Tree. Most of the Faunies had a green aura by this point, though it seemed a bit lighter than those Faun who had been born in the Tree. Though, she'd noted as the days went by, they were becoming more and more similar. Their connection to their new home getting stronger perhaps. In time, she wouldn't be able to tell them apart from those born in the Tree.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 am
Placing her hands on her lap, she nodded once, realizing instantly the likely uselessness of doing so and replying soon after with, "Yes, I am princess of the ones who were once ponies. They seem to prefer the term fauny for themselves now since we have arrived..." Trailing off, Celestia looked towards the everyday movement around them, background noise of the warmest kind. How many days had they been here, and already everyone felt at home.

They had even left their kind's name to be forgotten eventually. Soon enough there would be borne those who held no memory of their beautiful home, nor of the hardships of leaving such a place. Their identification, and their loyalty, would be to the tree, and the tree alone. Perhaps it was foolish of her to still wear her crown and jewels, yet without them, all of it, the leadership and the difficult work, would feel for not.

But that was neither here no there, so she continued the conversation forward. "Your name is Vanya, is it not? How have you come to find your place within the great tree?" She knew it held a specific name, but preferred their own title of reverence for it.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 am
Vanya smiled understandingly, reading the thoughts between the words and responding, "I think it's a nice compromise. A blending of your culture with our own. It's important to not forget where you've come from, but at the same time, to remember to keep your eyes looking forward for what's to come."

She found herself the target of the next question, though it was to be expected. The new arrivals had been so curious about their new home, questions were the business of the day sometimes it seemed. And given her unique position in the Faun hierarchy, she was used to questions, even before the predominantly-female Faunies had arrived.

"Indeed, I am Vanya," she said with an inclination of her head, "Seer, Spiritual Guide, and Healer to the Faun of Laisidhiel." Having related her full title, she chuckled softly. "It's a bit of a mouthful, so yes, Vanya will do just fine." She smiled warmly, hoping to break the ice a bit and make the other more comfortable with conversing. She got the feeling that this princess, used to being a leader of her people, was feeling a bit out of place in her new home. Completely understandable, given the predominantly-male hierarchy in the Tree, at least with most leadership positions.

"As for how I found my place here, well," she turned at the waist, laying her hand fondly against the wall of Laisidhiel. "I was born here at the Tree. Long ago. I left the Tree when I was younger," she explained, glossing over her reasons why she departed; it all seemed so foolish now in retrospect. "I traveled the Isle for a while, observing other Pae'il of all types, but I never really got involved. I was an outsider, watching from a distance. Though, I did make a very good friend along the way," she added with a smile, thinking of her mate. Back then, only friends, eventually very good friends, to become so much more after she returned home.

"I returned many seasons later as an adult." If reluctantly at the time, she thought to herself. "Our Chieftain had called us all home for important business; finding and appointing his Council members. The Faun needed leadership, support, more than he could provide on his own." She pantomimed looking about, as if seeing if he were nearby. "But don't tell him that," she whispered with a smile and a wink. Rais was a good leader, but he couldn't do everything himself. She'd gotten used to his demeanor in past seasons, and she had to admit, he seemed to be giving her a bit of begrudging respect in return. Even if he could be annoyingly stubborn at times.

"I don't know what possessed me to even step forward," she admitted with a shake of her head, "but, I did. And apparently the Spirits wished it as well. Guided by their words, Rais chose his Council from the assembled Faun, revealing that his Inner Circle were actually his brethren who had served at his side in a past life." She let that sink in for a moment before continuing; even now it was hard for her imagine she fell into that category. "I was asked to take my position as the Seer for the Faun. It was still my choice, and I could have refused, but I would become a leader for our people, providing guidance and healing for those in need, gaining powers beyond anything I'd ever imagined for myself. But there was a price, and it was a steep one."

She 'looked' down at her hands in her lap, a sad smile on her face. "I could see like you or any other Faun once," she murmured. "But I gave that up, an exchange out of the sense of duty to my people. My earthly sight for a new spiritual one." She'd had other selfish reasons as well; like gaining the ability to heal others, some small penance she felt she needed to pay for any harm she'd ever done with her own abilities before. She raised her head. "It is a choice I would still make the same, given the chance again."

Calm and collected, she turned her attention to the Fauny princess with a smile. "You asked how I found my place here in the Tree. Perhaps that was a longer, more detailed account than you'd hoped for, so I apologize. However, do not worry; most stories are not so dramatic as mine," she finished with a chuckle.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:12 pm
Listening to the story, the princess's gaze trailed off towards the interior of it. How could such a tree hold so many, remain so hollow, yet continue to live, continue to thrive and to give off such a magic as it did. Such smooth walls despite time's erosion. Such green leaves despite the winter winds... How...?

Returning her full focus back to the seer, she held back a soft smile. "I suppose not all is as it appear here..." pausing, she continued, "...though, that holds true for all places, and all creatures, does it not? For you, for I, for even the youngest of foals." She looked back to the distance, sighing as softly as her words. "Sometimes we do not even know of our own selves, what we really are or are meant to be..."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 pm
"Nothing is ever as it appears," Vanya agreed, continuing, "Especially to natural eyes, which are easily deceived. My gifts allow me to see beyond some of the shadows and hiding places, but there are doors that are shut even to me. Those are the times when we must trust, not our eyes, but our hearts and our minds."

She sensed...a sort of sadness in the other's voice. "Tell me, is there another name that you are known by, Princess? Forgive me if I have missed or forgotten it. There have been so many new names lately. It would help if I could match a name to a voice," she smiled. The dark Faun shifted herself slightly, turning towards the princess's voice. "You seem troubled. I'm guessing, from your questions, that you're having trouble finding just where you fit in here. Am I wrong?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:49 am
The princess laughed lightly, shaking her head. "Oh, I am sorry, how rude of me to not introduce myself. I am called Celestia, and i rule, or used to rule, over the faunies during daytime. My sister Luna is the same, but of the night..." Her voice trailed off as the other's questions continued, hitting her in just the right way. Was is really that obvious to others how uncomfortable she was? She tried to hide it so well... But it was no use continuing as such if the seer was already aware of her feelings.

Taking a breath, she nodded before continuing softly, "The title and duty of princess is all I have ever known, all I am and have become, yet here it is of no significance..." She looked away, barely whispering, "I feel of no significance... I led my subjects to safety, and haven't a use remaining..."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:14 am
"It's quite alright," Vanya nodded understandingly. So much had happened in so little time. "Such beautiful names, you both have. Almost, musical," she mused, then laughed softly. "I'm sorry if that seems strange. Differences in perspective now and all that." She could have sworn the names meant something as well, though she couldn't place where she would have heard such a thing before. The images in her mind though were rich in color, a bright brilliance, brought on only by the sounds of the words. She wondered if the sisters looked as her mind told her they should to fit their names.

Her thoughts strayed to strange places these days. Focusing on the one who needed her help, she listened carefully, nodding as appropriate. She could only imagine the distress the other must be under. She, herself, had gone abruptly from having no power, no control, no say, to becoming one of the most powerful, most influential Fauns, second to only Rais and his mother in a more subtle role, in a very short time. She'd been reeling for some time afterwards.

But to have the reverse happen, to have been so powerful, responsible for the lives of so many, and suddenly have that ripped away by your own actions to save them...it must be devastating. She reached out to place a comforting hand on Celestia's arm. "You saved their lives, if I am to understand correctly. And you brought them home. It is a new life, and a great change, but is that not still better than the alternative?"

She sat back, withdrawing her hand to let it rest in her lap. "Besides, there is no one that has no use. Everyone has a purpose, a meaning to their life. Sometimes it gets lost and must be found again. Sometimes, a new one is found instead." Turning towards something less philosophical, more concrete, she continued, "Our ways here are different, it's true. But while you may not be a princess anymore, by our customs...that does not mean you have no purpose. Our roles in society are different, yes, but...there are roles for those who wish to have them. It just requires work and dedication to achieve what you want." She tilted her head with a smile. "I wouldn't suggest aiming to lead our hunters or soldiers into battle, but there is much respect to be earned as teachers, care-givers, and counselors. I understand that this may feel like a step down, when you are used to a ruling position, but there is a different kind of honor and purpose in this work."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:53 am
She continued to look away, her tone not raising far above the softer notes of regular speech. "Perhaps. There was not really proof of a danger from whence we came, only a weakening of our magic and ties to the land's energy. It is possible that such a drastic change was unneeded. My sister was very against the entire idea, and there are those whom we abandoned..." She sighed, trying very hard to hide the emotions of her words from her body gestures and features. This was tiring, being here was tiring, having not a say was tiring.

Couldn't she simply return home?

Celestia shook her head, her bangs obscuring her eyes. "All I know is of us, our history and our culture. That serves no purpose here. A teacher without knowledge cannot hope to teach; a caregiver who feels not the warmth for the young cannot hope to care; a counselor without understanding for herself cannot hope to council." Pausing, she looked to the seer, smirking ever so slightly. "Perhaps it is different for you, for you have been given a power, albeit at a cost. I, too was. My cost was loosing any other serviceable skills. For doing what I felt was best, I have lost that power, yet the cost remains." How foolish this was, how horrible this feeling. Is this was envy referred to, this dislike caused by another being better off?

This conversation... She wanted it to end... This was not what she wanted to hear, to be reaffirmed of the fact that here, nothing she had lived for mattered. Should she leave, after seeking her out to begin with? What would that prove: a spoiled, conceited disposition. Perhaps that was more like her than she could understand, than she had allowed herself to understand.

Either way, for the moment, she simply wished to retire before anything worse, more unlike her, came from her lips.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:38 am
Vanya listened, frowning slightly. "Do not doubt yourself, so," she offered. "As Faun, of whatever type, we are bound to the power of the Earth, no matter what land it is we call home. If that connection is weakened, we are threatened, by whatever force it is that has caused the lapse. While I cannot speak as if I were there, I feel that if you believed this connection threatened, then you made the correct decision in choosing action before more serious danger could find you first. That is not to say that there is no hope for those left behind. Perhaps they too will find their way here, called as you all were; perhaps they remain safe in hiding, if their numbers few. You have done what you could for as many as you could. Do not lessen your accomplishments with doubt."

She meant to calm, to reassure, and yet, the princess seemed to grow more hostile rather than at ease. Vanya pulled back, inwardly questioning what she could have said wrong. Celestia wasn't the only one full of doubt; the seer battled with it every day, even now.

"Celestia," she said the other's name calmly once she had finished. "Did you not lead your people once before? Could you lead without knowledge? Compassion? Devotion? These are the traits of a worthy leader, and from the way your people still look to you for guidance in this strange land, I would not take you for a bad one. You have earned their respect through your own efforts; can you not do the same here, in this new place? You know your history, yes, but you also know your people. Get to know those who live here in the Tree, and you will know our people as well. Become the bridge between our two people and help them become one once more." Vanya reached for the other's hand, though she knew not if the princess would take it. "I believe we have much we can learn from one another, as well as much we can do for one another in this adjustment period."

Quieter now, with less fervor, she dropped her voice, as well as a bit of her personal mask. She was still the Seer of the Faun, but also, a wary, unsure young woman. "I...am but a simple girl from the Tree. I asked for none of this; but if it is believed that I have some role to play, that I can do some good here, then I shall try my best. I do not know everything. I make no such claims. And yet, I am sought for advice. Do I always know what to say? How best to respond? Of course not. Sometimes the best advice is saying nothing at all; only being a willing ear to listen to the troubles of others."

She fell quiet, allowing the sounds of the Tree to whirl around them, a part of their energy, and yet, disconnected at the moment as if they were in their own small bubble. Abruptly, it seemed, she spoke up again with a question.

"Celestia? Would you like some tea?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 pm
Even if the other faunies sought her out in their times of need now, soon enough that would end, she knew it. She had nearly come to accept it; the faster she could, the better. Even so... It was not something she simply could accept, no matter the effort put into it. No matter what would happen from it, she would always remain loyal to her subjects over the land that had taken them in. Perhaps that was selfish on her part, but that was the way she felt it had to be.

Looking back to the seer at the mention of her name, she felt her emotions calmed by her words. Not dissipated, but calmed. Change is hard and painful for all that must, but it cannot be avoided so easily. Not moving her hand, she allowed Vanya to take it, actually a bit startled by the touch. How warm and reassuring... just like her own. Any ill feelings she felt seemed to fade by it, as well as by her own admittance of doubt and worry. There is a respect to be given to those willing to put themselves out there for a stranger, such as herself, and Celestia felt a little touched by the motion.

Ears flicking slightly, she smiled. Tea? How did she know that the princess had a love for the hot drink? Probably a coincidence of some sort, but not something she would ever willingly turn down. Nodding, she responded much more warmly than the last she spoke, "If you were to offer, the pleasure would be all mine."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:49 am
Vanya smiled in response, though with a touch of weariness in her expression. "I find it does wonders to ease one's stress, no matter what the source." She rose, taking her staff in hand and pausing to wait for Celestia to join her. "I won't pretend to be an expert, but Mojo has some wonderful brews in stock." Here within the Tree at least, Vanya fared well enough to guide herself to where she needed to go. It helped that the Faun's Brewmaster shared a space with the Chef here on the main floor, and the 'tavern' always seemed to smell of the most delicious treats and enticing beverages.

"Not as refined as you're used to, I'm guessing," Vanya narrated, leading the way towards a simple table and seating, shaped naturally from the Tree itself. "But, perhaps you'll find something new to your liking instead. Mojo is a seasoned traveler, and he's brought back the most interesting teas and other beverages from far away lands. We do have some local specialties as well."

With a bow, the Seer gestured for Celestia to take a seat before crossing towards the bar to order. She was back within moments, and their tea arrived some minutes after. Comfortably settled in, Vanya cupped her hands around the smooth wooden cup, the heat evident from within. Inhaling deeply, the aromatic steam was like an invisible blanket of relief laid about her shoulders. "Dandelion tea, sweetened with just a bit of honey and a pinch of mint. I hope you like it. It is a favorite of mine."

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff