So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
All-In-One Animal Crossing Thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the Animal Crossing franchise?
  Yes
  No
  [neutral option]
View Results

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:04 am
In this thread you can/ are encouraged to talk about:
-Everything Animal Crossing!
-Which is your favourite?
-What are your town names?
-Are you getting AC:NL in Q2?
-Do you have a favourite villager?
-Do you hate Animal Crossing? Tell us why. We know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but we want to know why you don't like it~
-When did you start playing Animal Crossing?

Oddly enough, Animal Crossing: New Leaf / Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori is THE game I'm looking forward to this year. I'm an adamant Pokemon fangirl. I'm an adamant EVERYTHING NINTENDO fangirl but the game I bought my 3DS for is Animal Crossing.

I already know that I'm going to name my town Garnet. I was thinking of a jewel that is green but that can also come in many different colours. Garnet fits for me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(Wow, I forgot how low-res Gaia is. I had to expand my browser so this image didn't stretch the page =S)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:10 am
I haven't ever been really drawn to an animal crossing title in the past. I always had other priorities for my money, but I think I'm going to buy new leaf at launch.

I already am coming up with ideas and plans for roads and designs! :U  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:40 am
I'm gonna name my New Leaf town Podunk! I took it from Mother but the main reason I like it is because it describes an Animal Crossing town perfectly.

Been playing since the GameCube one came out. Bob was my favorite villager on that one, pthhhpth! I like him so much that if he shows up in my New Leaf town, I won't even change his phrase to something inappropriate (intentionally, at least). It's a shame he hasn't shown up in my City Folk town (or Wild World, when I had that).

Did anyone else ever get the e-Reader cards? I used to buy booster packs even though I never had an e-Reader because they were so fun to collect and had cute descriptions.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:16 pm
Aah, I love Bob.
Filbert is my absolute favourite though <3

I always wanted to collect the e-Reader cards but I let the fact that I didn't have an e-Reader get in the way. I've considered getting one just for the cards. I also have some old gen. 3 Pokemon cards with e-Reader codes on them. So cool.

I love the fact that we're going to be allowed to be the mayor in the new one~
I'm so excited to make a beautiful town so that my flowers wilt less often <3

My favourite game so far is probably Wild World because of how portable it is. Animal Crossing is just more convenient to play when it's not on a home console IMO

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:30 pm
Bob is definitely my favorite~ <3 In every town Bob always manages to be there. I've been playing Animal Crossing

since I was a little girl, in fact it was probably one of my first GameCube games. My favorite thing about Animal

Crossing is that it's a game where you can chill out and just do whatever, I always play it after I get stressed out

and it never fails to relax me. My favorite one is the GC version, I only played that and WW and that game left out

what I usually do ( Help animals ;A; ) But I hate the snooty female animals, I wish I could just give them a little slap

in the face... With an iron pipe. I always name my town after the neighborhood I grew up in because it's the name I

always used and it brings back good memories when the name is mentioned in the game <3 I'm definitely getting

the new Animal Crossing when it is released  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:44 pm
I really miss being able to get NES games as furniture. They definitely need more furniture that does more than make a sound when you interact with it.

The NES games and the soundtrack of the GCN one are what I miss most about it, but aside from that I prefer pretty much everything about whatever the latest game in the series is.

Portability is a plus when it comes to just about any game, so I'm super excited about New Leaf!  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:46 pm
i may get NL as well. i kinda missed the first one, wildworld was ok but beings it was on the DS it didn't look as crisp. knowing what the 3DS is capable of though i know i wont have to worry bout that.

heh i remember being able to get the "dummy" item in the GC one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:28 pm
I remember one time in GC Animal crossing when I went to my cousin's town and the dog ran acrossed the room and unplugged the power cord. When you see the gyroid face on your character you will know what it means to fear.

User Image  

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:31 pm
Friends With Bacon
I remember one time in GC Animal crossing when I went to my cousin's town and the dog ran acrossed the room and unplugged the power cord. When you see the gyroid face on your character you will know what it means to fear.

User Image

Wow, does that happen if you unplug the power cord or something? Freaky.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:30 pm
Jaycorn
Friends With Bacon

User Image

Wow, does that happen if you unplug the power cord or something? Freaky.

It happens when you turn off / restart the system when you're in another town. *Shiver*  

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 pm
One night back in the day, my old best friend slept over at my house and we decided to reset my Animal Crossing game repeatedly for kicks. After awhile Resetti said he was going to delete all my save data and the screen went black. We both freaked out!!! But it turns out he was kidding. That would be so cruel. crying

But I must admit, the gyroid face thing is definitely creepier.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:18 pm
all i can say, now, i wish you could have greenish skin with that face.

ssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  

Xilo The Odd

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 am
Jaycorn
One night back in the day, my old best friend slept over at my house and we decided to reset my Animal Crossing game repeatedly for kicks. After awhile Resetti said he was going to delete all my save data and the screen went black. We both freaked out!!! But it turns out he was kidding. That would be so cruel. crying

But I must admit, the gyroid face thing is definitely creepier.
AHAHAHAHA I remember when that happened to me. Resetti scared me so much. I was sh-tting bricks.

I have an old VHS recording of me in my empty basement with K.K. Dirge playing. I turn around and... DUN DUN DUN Gyroid Face Syndrome.

Man, I want them to bring that back. The NES games too. I turned on my old GCN ver. last month (omg the weeds) and played pinball for like three hours.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:29 pm
Hahaha K.K. Dirge was like the first song he ever played for me since I didn't know how/what to request. I was like "this is nice... I guess"

As if the first time hearing K.K. do a song isn't weird enough.

The only NES game I had in it was Balloon Fight, but that was a lot of fun then too, and really cool since I'd never had an NES or any NES games before that. It would have been so cool to just have all of them and fill a room up with them. Ah, memories.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Have a coffee with me

Beloved Bunny

8,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:58 pm
Jaycorn
Hahaha K.K. Dirge was like the first song he ever played for me since I didn't know how/what to request. I was like "this is nice... I guess"

As if the first time hearing K.K. do a song isn't weird enough.

The only NES game I had in it was Balloon Fight, but that was a lot of fun then too, and really cool since I'd never had an NES or any NES games before that. It would have been so cool to just have all of them and fill a room up with them. Ah, memories.

Just listened to K.K. Dirge Aircheck for the first time... What in the actual f**k? O___O  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff