StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 pm
User Image
Nerida sat on her throne her magical cup in her hand as she sat, she glanced around and then thought over it and looked over at her Husband "maybe we would throw a celebration so we can celebrate the people" she answered, she felt that if they threw a celebration their people would feel more comfortable around them and go to them for advice.

User Image
Nereus tapped his chin as he too sat on his throne, his own cup sitting on his throne's arm rest. He glanced over at his wife and agreeded with her "I think that would be a very good idea" he put it "that way they know they can count on us for anything" she put in. He stretched a bit as he left his throne to swim around to stretch his muscles.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:50 pm
User Image

Felis seemed to come and go like the tides, around when he felt that there was a reason to be, that being enough people about for a game, and wandering around for fun when there was nothing fun going on. One might see the older Aelin as a bit of a vagrant, he didn't seem to have a place of his own, was often camping out wherever he could find a nice kelp bed to settle down, and as for anything he needed in the way of food he got that by beating fools at various games, winning all the coin he needed from them. For those that won though there was a rather fun and interesting prize to bad had, normally a tidbit of information that might lead one to something that would be of use to them. Having traveled as far as he had he knew the locations of many interesting things, such as the location of various ship wrecks where one might find some interesting treasures, caves filled with all manner of things that could be prepared and eaten by talented Aelin chefs, and so on. How often he had to give out such information though was rare, he seemed to have the devil's own luck or so those that competed against him might say.

"Mmm, been a while since I have been in this area." He mused to himself, so close to where the royalty of the House of Cups might be found he realized, pausing, his tail wrapping around a coral formation in an unconscious gesture as it always seemed to do when he was standing still. It was all part of his sea horse like nature he supposed but was so used to it that he didn't even notice anymore. Glancing around he crossed his arms over his chest, one finger tapping against it, "I wonder if I should stop by." How long had it been since he'd peeked in on them? Some time now. Always just the passing glance of a curious onlooker, one like him didn't get a lot of meetings with those of significance without announcing himself by his title, something he saw little need for. If anyone knew exactly who he was they might come to bother him after all, thinking that because he had a title that he might have all the answers. He preferred seeking others out, it made things far more interesting. After some time of deep thought he released the coral he was holding on to and swam forward, no reason not to see if he might get a glimpse of the royals he thought himself, a bit of a grin on his face.

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Shanra the Dragon Bard

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:03 pm
User Image

Benevolent was patrolling the surrounding waters, always on the lookout for anyone or anything that should not be there. He took his duty to the King and Queen as a matter of honor. The code of a knight was big on honor, and he was not about to let his family down on that front. He was just coming around to the main entrance to place the King and Queen called home when he noticed the Aelin swimming toward it.

"Halt!" he called out.

Though his liege lord and lady were the sort to entertain any and all of their subjects, it was still protocol to ask admittance first, be announced second, and be granted entrance last. One did not simply barge in on the King and Queen at one's own whim.

"What business do you have with the King? State your name, and I will see if he will meet with you."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Felis gave pause when he heard someone call out 'halt' ears giving a twitch before he turned toward the sound of the voice and found himself face to face with a rather glittery individual. Ears turning forward he gave a smile, swimming a bit closer to him as the other spoke, asking him of business with the King and what his name was, "No real business to speak of, Sir Knight, just passing through and realized that since I was so close I might be able to sneak a peek at the royals of the House of Cups. I meant no disrespect." He explained, then gave the brunette a bit of a smile, "As for my name I am know simply as Felis." He introduced himself.

He had to admit that even if this was as far as he got at least he'd gotten a glimpse of this one who he would assume was the Knight of Cups, though he couldn't be positive without proper introduction, "If it's not too much to ask, may I have your name in return?" He asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. The Knight of Cups, if that was in fact who this young man was, would be worth this little side track even if he was the only one that he got to see today. Being that he was approaching merely as 'Felis' he wondered if he would actually get any further then this or if he'd be tossed out on his tail for loitering about. Either was a possibility he supposed and he couldn't say he'd be too upset if the latter thing happened since he wasn't an expected guest or anything.

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:17 pm
Nerida watched her husband pace about to and fro before rubbing her temples "Darling, please stop you are making me nervous" she said. Before she herself ended up leaving her throne as well she swam towards the balcony that was outside their throne she leaned on the railing, as she peered into the distance she saw Sir Benevolent "Darling, Sir Beneveolent has decided to make an appearance" she said as she lightly swirled her glass in a circle to get a better look.

Nereus stopped "I apologize my love" he said before swimming out to the balcony as well as he peered into the distance "Ah..our most loyal knight" he said. He knew that Sir Benevolent was usually patrolling, so it was natural to see him rarely. But it looked like he was tending to another of their people. He glanced at his wife "Lets go greet him at the door" he said, before his wife could protest he was headed towards the door.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:27 pm
Benevolent swam up to the male, effectively placing himself between him and the entrance. He seemed harmless enough, but one could not be complacent when it came to the safety of the royal pair.

"Felis you say? Your name has a familiar ring to it. Have we met before? I am Sir Benevolent, the King's knight."

It was uncommon for an aelin to simply swim up to the home of the King, and not have a purpose for being there. That in itself gave Benevolent reason to pause. He was waiting for the male to give answer when he heard the doors to the throne room behind him opening. He swam off to the side, so as to have both the doors and the strange male in his line-of-sight, and waited to see who would emerge.

#324F17

Shanra the Dragon Bard

Devout Worshipper

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm
Nerida swam after her husband "oh, darling you can't just decide to greet people at the door whenever they come" she said shaking her head at the antics of her husband. She repositioned her cup so she wouldn't drop it during the chase, the cup was her key to seeing how their kingdom was doing. She sighs brushing a strand of her hair from her face.

Nereus pushed open the door that led to the throne room, before pausing on the steps that led to the door. He blinked and tilted his head to the side as Benevolent shifted to the side so he had both the male and them in his line of sight. He thought for a moment before handing his cup to his wife and slowly swimming out.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:48 pm
At the sight of his Lord and Lady in the doorway, Benevolent straightened up and said, "Your Majesties!"

He was a little surprised by their sudden appearance, and he went into knight mode instinctively, putting himself between them and the stranger. With his back to the King; something he would not normally think of doing, he said over his shoulder, while keeping an eye on Felis, "This aelin was hoping to have an audience with you milord."

Shanra the Dragon Bard

Devout Worshipper

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:41 pm
When the other Aelin commented on how his name had a familiar ring to it he merely smiled, "I must say if you have heard of me then I am most honored, Sir Knight. Given as much as I move from place to place and how big the oceans are it sure is difficult to be remembered." It was easier that way though, he had no desire to sit still for too terribly long and he didn't want to drag unwilling friends from ocean to ocean with him. He wasn't sure what he thought of the idea of the knight knowing him though, it could be fun, perhaps he might want to play a game? It was a fleeting thought though, this one seemed so serious about his job that he doubted that he could draw him away from protecting the King and Queen just to play a game with some random passerby.

"Benevolent, is it? What a wonderful name for a knight." He murmured, rather liking the sound of the name, finding that it was rather fitting for a knight, especially a knight such as this one who seemed to be quite loyal to the King and Queen that he served... and speaking of those two individuals they seemed to appear before the two of them. He turned his ruby red eyes to regard them, giving a smile. Just as with their knight these two people seemed to glitter as well. He got to look at them for only a moment before Benevolent was between Felis and the two royals, something that caused him to smile that much more, he really was a wonderful and protective sort.

When the knight commented on how he had come for an audience and Felis instantly bowed to the pair in a polite manner, "Only if your majesties would indulge a wanderer such as myself." He said, an actually meeting with them, now this was unexpected and could be quite interesting for sure he thought to himself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:15 pm
Nerida stayed at the top of the stairs near the entrance to their throne room, she was a little unsure about the aelin male to decided to drop by. She tilted her head as her husband went forward slowly. She brushed a strand of her hair from her face and watched from a distance. It was rare for her and her husband to make an appearance to anyone in public but there were times where it was part of their duty. Such as going into town and checking on their people.

Nereus swam to where Sir Benevolent was standing between them and the aelin male, he stopped a few meters behind the knight and shifted to the side to get a better look at the aelin male "what is your business here? and why would like an audience with me?" he asked out of pure curiousity he would never willingly give his people a audience unless they had a legitimate reason to request for a audience with them. True he and his wife were the kind of people who loved interacting with their people but there were certain times when they were weary of it. This was one of those times where he was weary.  

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200

Shanra the Dragon Bard

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 pm
There was not much for Benevolent to do, now that the King had come down and addressed Felis himself. He simply remained where he was, with his body positioned between the two. He did not see anything in the others manner that led him to believe he meant the King or Queen any harm, but appearances could be deceiving. He waited for Felis to answer the King. He quickly glanced back and was relieved to see that the Queen had remained in the doorway, and had not ventured forward with her husband.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:38 am
Felis seemed to be considering the King's question for a moment before he gave a little shake of his head, "I must say in all honesty that I am unsure of my business here, if anything I just wanted a glance at those with the titles of King and Queen, I never though I would be so lucky as to actually meet the two of you. Even with the luck I have it's never run toward something of this nature." He admitted, to think that he was actually speaking with the King of Cups, it was something quite special to Felis, just as it was to speak with the King's Knight and to even be in the presence of the Queen. It truly was a good day, one that he would look upon fondly even when his journey continued and took him far from this place which it would likely do in less time then he would like. It was just the nature of one like him, the wanderlust always took him even when he tried to sit still for a time.

Giving another bow to the pair he said, "Even just this much is far more then I could have ever asked for, so I thank you all for indulging one such as myself." He told the trio, even if Benevolent was careful to keep him away from the royals, something that he understood since it was his job. One had to admire him for his loyalty to his King and Queen, it made him think for a moment how useful someone as helpful as Benevolent might be to him during his journeys. A shame few, if any, could really keep up with him. Perhaps the next time someone lost a game against him though he might use that as a reason to employ them he thought to himself, giving a little mental grin. A bit devious but it could work.

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 pm
Nereus blinked as the mer answered "ah..I see..well..next time you decide to drop by please have business with me or something, instead of just dropping by just to see the royalty" he put in before he glanced at Benevolent "Sir Benevolent, we would like to catch up with if your time permits" he said before turning with a flourish and swimming back to his wife and taking his cup from her hands. "Come darling, we shall return inside" he said taking her hand with his free hand.

Nerida nodded her head as her husband took her hand, with the same flourish but smaller she turned and let her husband lead in her in. She glanced back at the mer at the gates, feeling a little unsure about him "We, shall talk to Sir Benevolent, about that mer when he has time" she put in. The door to their throne room closed with a light thud, and small bubbles forming with the sound. She lightly peered into her cup and swirled it around a bit to check on the rest of their kingdom.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 am
"Of course, My King, I hope the next time we cross paths, if there is a next time, that I come with a more interesting reason for doing so." He said, giving a bow to the pair as they turned and moved away from him, lifting his gaze to allow his ruby eyes to follow them. He knew, were he to announce who he was, he might get their attention, to cause them to speak longer with him, but it wasn't what he wanted. If they didn't want to speak to passing traveler he understood, he wasn't going to use his title or powers for personal gain. He preferred to use it to benefit others as well as to indulge in fun games with those daring enough, or foolish enough, to play with him.

Turning to look over at the Knight he gave a bit of a smile, "Ah! I know." He reached into one of his pouches and took out a glitter coin, one he'd found within an Ista ship wreak, and said, "Indulge a man whose enjoys to play games with those he meets? Heads or Tails, my dear Sir Benevolent?" He said, as simple a game as their was out there save for maybe a round of Rock, Paper, Scissors, but worth at least one flip of a coin. If the man won then he would indulge him in a secret, if not, then he would be one his way, disappearing as quickly as he'd appeared, nobody around him any the wiser.

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Shanra the Dragon Bard

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:59 am
User Image

Benevolent nodded to the King as he turned to leave saying, "Of course your majesty. I shall be with you shortly."

Then turning back to the stranger, he looked at the coin in his hand and said, "I am not usually a gambling mer Felis, but this once I shall humor you and play this game of yours. I will choose heads if that meets with your approval." Benevolent had no idea what the mer was playing at, as he had not provided any insight as to what would be won should the coin land in his favor. He had seen mers play this game of chance before and there were usually stakes of some kind involved.

#324F17

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces