Emerald Elyon
Vice Captain

Questionable Bookworm

13,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The hotel is at the center of the city, a grande sight to behold. It is for the rich and famous of the city, as it is not exactly cheap to stay in. One night would rob a working person of their savings to get a top notch room. It is highly recommended by all who stay and nothing but good is said about the place.

The Rooms

[x Single Rooms]

[x Double Rooms]

[x Livingroom]

[x Kitchen]

[x Hotel bathroom]

[x The View]

The hotel has a variety of rooms, oriental, flashy, and even custom rooms for the regulars. The penthouse room has two floors and is by far the biggest in the hotel.

A main attraction that guests seem to favor is the pool. There are two in total. One outdoor pool and the indoor one.

INDOOR

OUTDOOR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:18 am
Magik had driven around for quite awhile before coming to the City's Grandest Hotel, Of course, owning a resort Hotel of her own she'd want to stay somewhere reminiscent of home. Shutting off "Once In A Lifetime" Talking Heads, she shut her Ford GT off too, twirling her keys around her fingers as she got out and popped the trunk to gather her twin Henk Luggage. Putting one in each hand she pushed the door open with her back and smiled as her eyes took in the lobby, breathing that clean lobby smell deep into her soul.

"Home Sweet Home, for now." She stopped at the receptionist desk, pulling out her credit card and handed it to the woman, asking for the best room in the place. Wasn't like she had a limit. She paid to receive a parking spot and valet parked, pretipping the Bell boy as his eyes got wide and he scurried off to handle her bags. Maybe she had gotten too accustomed to living the high life. Taking the elevator up to the top floor, she swiped her keycard into the door, swinging it open as her eyes lit up at the luxury it contained. "Thank god, a hotel that delivers what it promises." Walking over and grabbing an apple from the complimentary fruit basket, she tossed it up into the air, taking a bite out of it on the way down and walked over to draw aside the curtains, taking in the view.

She'd then check the bathroom and smile at the old fashioned luxorious footed tub, knowing she'd get lost in a nice bath later and went to her couch and pulled out her laptop to plug it into the wall with its charger. For now, she'd do some online research of the area and see just where exactly her car brought her to.

"Life's a Journey, not a Destination. Indeed."  

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

rosewhite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:16 pm
Ria walked into the hotel a little dazed, inside it seemed even larger, if that was possible. " Wow, this is pretty cool." Her voice barely above a breathy whisper. " How does Bells afford this place?" She asked assuming it was pretty expensive. The lobby was elaborately decorated making the outside look like a dogs dinner in comparison. " I don't know what to say." She told Takeru. " Let's go to Bell's suite, then we can get some grub at the Japanese Tea house." She headed to the nearest elevator and pressed the up button. She waited patiently for the elevator to make its way down the many, many floors to the lobby, watching the numbers change on the panel indicating where the elevator was currently located. Eventually the elevator doors slid open and she entered holding the door open for Takeru. She had no clue which floor bells suite was on.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Takeru entered the hotel same time as Ria, who finally stepped into the building, she seemed to be in another awe moment. Instead of stopping to wait this time, Takeru continued to the elevator, waiting for Ria of course. Letting Ria click the button, and the elevator travelled it's way to the top floor. Takeru watched as the doors slid open slowly, Takeru walked out after Ria, "Thanks" she said to Ria for holding the elevator door for her. Taking the lead, not by much, she showed the direction to the hotel room.

Reaching their destination, Takeru used the key card on the door opening it for Ria and herself, letting Ria enter first, and entering afterwards.  

MyTiggeress
Crew

Greedy Fatcat

6,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:00 pm
After getting settled down for a nice nap and making sure her hotel room was up to standards, not to mention checking up on Jokers to make sure the inventory was taken care, she stuffed her hands into her dressy suit pants pockets, After adjusting the beret that she still chose to wear, she'd been wearing it so long, it was just like clockwork. So were the leather gloves she wore, better than touching things that might prove disastrous.

Whistling, she took the stairs down, simply content to get some exercise and know she was going to get out for awhile. Keycard in pocket, Cane tucked under her am as she found her way to the lobby, nodding at a couple people in passing. Never hurt to be polite, the night was calling, but for different reasons than most of her old friends. She liked to sightsee and night was the best time to get a feel for a city, after all. Seeing the light drizzle of rain as she went through the merry go round doorway, her song switched to "Singing in the Rain." Not even rain was going to dampen her spirits.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 pm
With the slow tapping of his finger Tasuki let his mind wander about as he stood silently in front of a misty window. His eyes drifted idly across the sidewalk and a slow grin crept across his face.

"That didn't take long."

He slid an ornately decorated pocket watch from his side pocket and rubbed his thumb across its face, feeling the ticking and wurring inside of it against his now softened skin. As Magik escaped the death trap of a door this hotel called an entrance Tasuki tapped gently on the window, a warm smile replacing his grin.

Returning his watch to its place in his vest he found himself outside in the drizzle next to her, eyes swirling eerily in the little darkness they could find from the clouds. This weather made him feel so fresh and clean inside. He thrived on it. He took in a load of fresh air and closed his eyes to relax. This place would benefit him greatly.

Abeyant Acrimony

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:58 am
There was always a moment of uncertainty when running into someone you hadn't seen in a long time, the moment of "Is that really them", "Am I going crazy" or the "No, It can't be" Line. This fit more into the "It can't be" one as she heard the tap on the window, whistling stopping as Sapphire blue eyes took in the figure standing there.

Her eyes blinked a couple times, probably fighting the demons of the past in her mind, she'd known alot of people over these years and most of them had moved on, disappeared into where people disappeared to.

"Tasuki?" There was also the problem of never really knowing which category the man fit into over the years, after all, he had originally been hired to kill her all those years in Barton. And then there was the realization that he wasn't just a drunk and a serious raver. Then again, looks could always be misleading, Case in point being her as well.

"What are you doing here?" She smiled widely and was torn between hugging the man or shaking his hand. But she settled for a one handed shake and draped an arm about his back. "Good to see you! What have you been doing with yourself? It's been...years." Way too long. But seeing an old friend always made her feel better.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 am
"I've been here... I've been there..."

Bright white teeth flashed through his huge smile as he pulled her into a deep embrace, picking her up off the ground a little. He could feel the uncertainty in her, but what did he really expect after all this time? He had a shady history with her to say the least. As he set her down he let his smile soften some. Seeing her eyes gave him the most interesting memories. There weren't many people in this world he had grown attached to, but he was happy there was one he could still find.

"You weren't so tough to track down you know. My people have barely even unpacked my things."

With a sly wink he turned to the road and slid his arm through hers, tugging her gently in whatever direction he happened to turn in. He didn't want to waste this beautiful atmosphere.

"I need some coffee."

Abeyant Acrimony

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:51 pm
It wasn't also like Tasuki to be so damn...happy. Which put her more on edge than before. Her eyes would have bugged out if their reunion had been done in an anime type setting as he picked her up in an embrace and swung her around. She'd had alot of friends but well, she couldn't recall the last one to do such a thing like he just had. As he set her down, she adjusted the lapel of her trenchcoat, making sure one of the ends didn't flick up, fashion was part of who she was now. That and well, for once she was wearing a white trenchcoat which went against every rule she'd ever created.

Blood so stained white.

"Wait, you were trying to track me down?" Yeah, that sentence probably didn't help at all either. She tucked her cane under her left arm as Tasuki slid his arm into hers as if she was the man. That was interesting. She couldn't help laughing at the whirlwind greeting she'd received. Life was very tricky sometimes. And it seemed it still had some tricks up its sleeves where she was concerned.

"Coffee. Now you're speaking my language. I hope you know of a good place, because I just got into town literally. And is this where we start skipping and singing "We're off to See The Wizard", but I absolutely refuse to run into any more mages." Her heart was light as she was half drug, half walking down the street in whatever direction Tasuki was leading her.

"So, what exactly have you been doing in since the last time I saw you?"

Making a mental reminder to somehow stop using her Credit Cards. If he could track her...that meant anyone could.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 pm
"Trying?"

Tasuki weighed his hand in the air a little sarcastically and twisted him mouth slightly.

"I was going to try and then... well... you just kind of showed up. You're just simply too attractive. You've got this cat trying to love you and this cat trying to kill you and every which way I look there's this magical little trail of sparkles leading right to you. Go figure, huh?"

As she questioned his recent activity he couldn't help but raise his eyebrows slightly and lock eyes with her. He hovered there for a moment, taking in the warm tinge of her gaze. There was a spirit there he hadn't seen in her before. It comforted him. His eyes trailed down slowly and he reached his free arm across his body to flatten out her coat some.

"I've been behaving. My activities have become startlingly white collar as of late. Buy here. Sell there. I suppose you could call me a vulture economist, but that's a little cold sounding. At this point I've become a traveling hobbyist to say the least."

With a wink he slid his gaze across the street and shrugged a little.

"I'd really like to stay out in this weather. I like how clean it makes me feel. I suppose we might find something along the way that's not so terrible.

Abeyant Acrimony

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 pm
Ok, either this man was really high or he had evolved into something way out there. He seemed almost debonaire and charming. It was like coming across the Mad Hatter in the heart of the city. He was vivacious and warm-hearted, soft spoken and damned if he didn't have her trying to work on her vocabulary?

"Simply too attractive? Riiight. Well, this cat isn't going to even try to date again, So don't worry about any of that crazy man stuff anymore. I'm simply all...catted out. This mouse is out?" She couldn't help smiling widely at the analogy, Ranon had been the last straw in a very long list of relationships that simply shouldnt had been or would never be. Sad but true isn't just a Metallica song.

"Making me sound like Alice in the Looking Glass isn't helping me feel better about everything that went wrong in my life, but you sure do paint a pretty picture." She knew it wasn't much of a straight answer from Tasuki, but for now,. it would have to do.

"Vulture Economist? Does that make you Jekyll or Hyde? You know those..oh wait, those were crows." She found herself laughing genuinely and stopped, clearing her throat. It was refreshing to be so happy to be reunited with him but still, they hadn't spoken about why he had been looking for her. "Lets' go then? I saw a ...tea house down the way but I don't believe they'd take too kindly if we went in asking for coffee. Might consider it an insult." She walked beside him, slipping her hand through his arm instead. "Walking in the rain at night makes me remember Barton. I do miss the old days sometimes, don't you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:14 pm
"Well we can't all be born diamonds you know. Some of us had to start as coal and work our way up."

Tasuki offered a playful wink and squeezed her arm gently against his side. Seeing her break through with some genuine relief made him warm up on the inside. They had both been down every bad road that city had to offer. Maybe that's how they knew the right ones now. They both came out alive on the other side though, and they wouldn't be the same people without it.

"You can make something beautiful out of everything this world has to offer. Sometimes you've just got to look for it. It's not so hard when you've been in the places you and I have been you know..."

As she began to laugh he found himself unable to contain his smile. Now that was a sight. As she reeled herself back in he looked over into her eyes and let out a gentle laugh. This was the culmination of their journeys. He knew she wouldn't have any hope of wrangling in what he had become. How could she? He had been a far too complex character in her mind he was certain.

"If only we were birds, yeah?"

He slid his hand over hers and tilted his head a little, feeling the cool rain on his skin. What a simple thing to enjoy. The touch of rain on your skin. Some things were too phenomenally wonderful for him to take for granted. After a moment he quirked a smile and nodded slowly.

"I'm not so hard to please. In all honesty I'd rather drink leaves than beans anyway."

Abeyant Acrimony

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:28 pm
"I can't help asking, have you gone through a personal enrichment or enlightening class? Your speech is much more colorful, either that or you have been sober in alot of ways for a long time?And you were never coal, you were more like Amethyst, you just need to be carved into a crystal to find your true potential? Indubitably..." What was with the cartoon references tonight? It's because Tasuki was making her feel younger, reminding her of a time when she could be carefree and worry free, then again, what was stopping her from doing just so here?

She covered his hand with her other hand at the squeeze, as if saying she understood completely. They'd walked the back alleys of Barton and come out pretty much still intact.

"If I was a bird, I'd want to be a bird of paradise. All those beautiful feathers, tropical climate. Then again, no, can that, I can't take hot weather, I need my air coniditioning." She too was enjoying the night, looking over towards said tea shop.

"Long as we drink them and they don't read them?.Sounds good to me. Want to check it out? My treat?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:46 pm
"You could say that. Then again you could just say that perhaps I just plain ran out of mistakes to make."

As she referred to him as a jewel he contained a laugh, only looking slowly back over to her and smiling very brightly.

"So you're saying I'm a beautiful crystal huh?"

He bumped into her slightly with his hip and offered a wink before looking ahead of them. He hated the heat. He practically wanted to live in an igloo. Just the thought of being somewhere so hot all the time made him insanely uncomfortable.

"I think we should be penguins instead."

As she mentioned the tea again he grinned and nodded slowly. Oh the smugness they would encounter. How beautiful it would be. Berry infused this and ginseng laced that and power mixes galore.

"First you're showering me with lovely compliments and now you're buying me a drink? I could get used to this. I guess I should have come much sooner."

Abeyant Acrimony

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm
"So...question, if we're two of the musketeers, whose the third? Or would that be two of the three Stooges?" Ok, so his personality seemed to be infectious, but she hadn't taken any time to just...enjoy life, it was always being on edge and fighting this person and trying to keep everyone she knew from being destroyed from Lillith. Yeah, it was all a wild ride and she wanted the hell off.

Or at least to get out of line and do what normal people did, even just for a night? "A beautiful crystal, or you could be...dum dum dum...the Dark Crystal? But I don't like Shekses. They give me the creeps. Them and they're..." She just shivered, bumping him back somewhat as she started across the street at a slight hurried jog. People that lingered crossing roads, even less traveled roads still ran some of the same risks. Like gunning engines looking to run people over. With her luck, it was a possibility.

"Penguins. I could get used to wearing formal. Don't let it go to your head, I do own my own nightclubs you know? So I buy alot of people drinks on a daily basis?" She couldn't help smirking, coming up on said Tea House.  
City of NIght Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff