Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World of Aincrad [Closed]

Back to Guilds

In the year 2022 the new VRMMORPG of the year becomes everybody’s worse nightmare. 

Tags: Role Play, Survival, Fighting, Romance, Sword Art Online 

Reply The World of Aincrad
Questions & Comments Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:57 pm
Have a question; well I have an answer….hopefully. cat_sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:17 am
just one question... i was wondering how does the blacksmith system work or there isnt a specific way?  

XxLovelessassassinxX

Emperor Ecchimau
Captain

Rare

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 am
Ravis Warrior of Justice
just one question... i was wondering how does the blacksmith system work or there isnt a specific way?

Originally we had someone working on that I think..
ArrowOfZen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:57 pm
Emperor Ochimaru
Ravis Warrior of Justice

ArrowOfZen

Look at the Guild System.
Read it carefully scream  

ArrowOfZen

Desirable Player

XxLovelessassassinxX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 am
ArrowOfZen
Emperor Ochimaru
Ravis Warrior of Justice

ArrowOfZen

Read it carefully scream

i did i read it about a dozen times and all it said was that i have 2 get the items need 4 the new weapon 4 the blacksmith but wat im askin is that im a blacksmith and how does the crafting work!? gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 pm
Ravis Warrior of Justice
ArrowOfZen
Emperor Ochimaru
Ravis Warrior of Justice

ArrowOfZen

Read it carefully scream

i did i read it about a dozen times and all it said was that i have 2 get the items need 4 the new weapon 4 the blacksmith but wat im askin is that im a blacksmith and how does the crafting work!? gonk

You watched the anime right?
You first take the ingredients, put them into a metal pot and melt the ingredients. Put the melted iron onto the shaping pan. Then let the iron take shape then you maul it with a hammer. After a few hits, the item is done.

But first, you must send the character to get ingredients. The ingredients is up to you.  

ArrowOfZen

Desirable Player

XxLovelessassassinxX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:08 pm
ArrowOfZen
Ravis Warrior of Justice
ArrowOfZen
Emperor Ochimaru
Ravis Warrior of Justice

ArrowOfZen

Read it carefully scream

You watched the anime right?
You first take the ingredients, put them into a metal pot and melt the ingredients. Put the melted iron onto the shaping pan. Then let the iron take shape then you maul it with a hammer. After a few hits, the item is done.

But first, you must send the character to get ingredients. The ingredients is up to you.

i kno that wat i mean isshould i use the dice roll or a random number to succeed in making a new weapon or do i just succeed?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:42 am
Ravis Warrior of Justice

Yeah. It's the same as if you're upgrading a weapon.  

ArrowOfZen

Desirable Player

XxLovelessassassinxX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:46 am
mkay  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I was rather curious as to something actually ~
Why are the teleport items scrolls instead of crystals?
I'd never heard of scrolls in the anime or manga ~

Filegethiel

Lord Zodiac101

Timid Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:51 am
Filegethiel
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I was rather curious as to something actually ~
Why are the teleport items scrolls instead of crystals?
I'd never heard of scrolls in the anime or manga ~

Well, teleport items are both Scrolls and Crystals. Scrolls are cheaper than Crystals, but are one use only. Crystals are available to players Level 40-100, and can be used 10 times. Both items are available from the Alchemy shop. (Although they still would cost a lot, mind you.)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:23 am
Players will be able to create there own shops ingame correct?  

Infinity Dark Resonance

6,100 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Lord Zodiac101

Timid Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:52 am
Infinity Dark Resonance
Players will be able to create there own shops ingame correct?

You have to use the Vendor's Carpet before being able to open up shops. Contact the Captain for more information.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:55 am
Here's something to keep you busy. I do have some suggestions on how each could be done in my opinion. I state these cause I am a hard core gamer and they're a common thing in all the games I have played.

Is tailoring going to be similar to blacksmith? Going off the question above, when you say upgrading a weapon, you are referring to "evolution"? cause there's nothing in the Guild System page you have about rolling a dice for the creation of a weapon or evolving...

Will there be an enchantment feature? Like giving a weapon the ability to have a 5-10% chance of doing double damage. Course, enchanting could fail.

What about enhancing weapon/armor? Like +1 just adds 1 to the lowest and highest damage for that weapon, though at the higher levels it could add more. Course, it could fail.

Breaking down weapons/armor/etc into materials?

Rare drops? emotion_kirakira maybe even ultra rare drops too...

Player created Quests? I only have heard of this in a few games, simply put they're quests that a player makes for other players such as courier/delivery missions, more typically.

Stunning? (can't do anything for 1 turn) Knock back? (can't attack next turn due to needing to close the gap again) Typically they're skills effects, but they can also be enchantments. Note that enchantments don't always activate, though some activate on certain criteria such as HP is dangerously low.

"Item Recipe" = "Recipe Materials" ?

That's all i can think of for now...  

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:14 am
More comments/suggestions (ignoring the system i suggested and posted in the OOC for herbalism)

Critical hits:
Making the system more balanced as right now it's quite powerful at the low levels, (~60-100% your regular attack added on to your attack) but it'll be pathetic at the high levels (some where around ~10%) i would like to suggest it do a percent damage like 25% that is added to your attack

Familiars:
I see there's a skill for them, but no system at the moment. Perhaps for now they are monsters that you convince to join you. If you want to make it hard for players and not just "oh, you now have a familiar" you could do:
1) They need the skill "Familiar communication"
2) Roll a d4, if evens they join, odds they attack you
3) pokemon style: beat 'em up and force them to join you.
or of course a combination of those above, though i definitely suggest the need for #1

Mini-bosses:
Part of this is from the fact in video games I LOVE to kill mini-bosses, I go out of my way to hunt them. Basically, they are similar to your regular mobs, but have something to make them stand out such as being larger, a different color, special features not on the regular mobs. They are also stronger than the regular mobs of it's type. Of course, for the challenge, they also drop more loot that can be even rare drops some times. They may, or may not, be surrounded by mobs of their type that will attack with them if you attack. It's suggested you be in a party. (or you can solo them when you're stronger than they are)

Unique fighting styles:
This relates to what Bumble posted in the OOC, but I want to expand on this a bit. It's more than just a change in "at x level you get this unique skill" as people have their own way of fighting. My own example being Kai: In the long run, he'll be using both sword and claw. However, even before he gets his claw, he'll be trying to use his free hand like a claw (so expect him to be slapping opponents on the a**). The thing is, for now, he just can't use it because, well, only 1 weapon skill allowed for the start. However, for characters like Bumble's it's something they will always have, where using the built in game's skills for 1H sword techniques would just be awkward for them to use.  
The World of Aincrad

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff