Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Ugh. So hungry...."

Kataja was almost always hungry, but after deciding to fold herself into the protection of the Mava'Bunda pack, she was always hungry. Food was no easy task around here, and the green hyena was starting to wonder if it was a good idea to stick around. Of course, with how some of the other hyenas were, they'd probably beat the crap out of her if they knew what she was thinking. She felt trapped, but sticking around at least guaranteed shelter from rain, and no teasing from non-hyenas about her eating habits. She was just going to have to be a better hunter or something.

She moved lethargically around, debating on if she should attempt to find some carrion out in the rogue lands. Old meat was still meat, and it would help give her some energy to try and get a real fresh meal later.

"We need hunting parties..." she grumbled to herself before tripping over a bone and nearly falling on her face.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:22 am
User Image

By all appearances, Ibada had adjusted quickly and well to pack-life. Shortly after his little chat with Masuko he had decided it was better for him to be part of a group, he was getting older and he had been starting to get awfully hungry and paranoid on his own. He had started dispersing his hoard into several smaller hiding spots, feeling it would be safer that way now that he was part of the pack and couldn't guard his old spot at the border indefinitely anymore. He knew he'd been clinging to the idea of Aten returning for far too long, it had been his own little excuse. Now it was entirely for himself.

He had another hoard in mind, though, as he sneaked around the shadows of the graveyard with a fair-sized bone with far too much meat still on it to be considered fair game for hoarding- or even safe for hoarding, it wouldn't keep it would be impossible to avoid scavengers in a pack full of them. Still, he seemed oblivious to the flaws. He helped hunt, he wasn't that selfish.. but this was his, he found it and he was going to keep it for himself.

He wasn't, however, oblivious to how devious his plan was. He was working hard to stick to the shadows even when he didn't think anybody was around but he stumbled when he heard someone muttering and the awkward shuffle of paws barely keep the voice upright. He took a second to glance around and as soon as he spotted the green hyena, he scurried off, hoping she hadn't spotted him.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:37 am
Kataja had to recover from her fall a bit quickly, otherwise some strange pack members might heckle her for being a klutz. It was true, but sometimes it was hard to handle the teasing that was prominent within the hyena community.

It was hard to miss the fact that there was movement running away from her. Did someone see her? Were they gathering up their friends to come harass her as a group? It irritated her, but the green hyena had a hard time staying mad. She was normally happy, though it had been tainted with a bit of sadness recently.

"Hey, hey!" she called out, her lighter green legs carrying her over to where the escape artist was going.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:45 am
He didn't get very far before he heard the green stranger call out to him. Ibada didn't need to see her to know it had to be her, nobody else was around. He'd been spotted and he would fight to keep his prize- but only if she actually caught him. He could go much faster without his burden but that would defeat the purpose of running.. unless it had been the cranky alpha that had intimidated him into joining, then it might have been more prudent to drop it and run.

While he was used to moving quickly to take and keep what he needed, he wasn't used to the area he was in- if he'd been in this particular place before, he didn't remember it. One wrong turn and he tripped over some bones-- and he wasn't so lucky as Kataja, he fell. And it was all the more awkward since he refused to let go of his food.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:56 am
Well, it wasn't too hard to follow him, since he wasn't that fast. When he took a turn, Kataja thought that she missed him, but a crashing sound with bones proved that he had fallen a lot harder than she had, and was going to be really easy to catch up to.

It was then that she saw the food....she couldn't help herself. She drooled a bit as she smelled it, but she wasn't the type to be demanding, or steal food.

"Why...why did you run?" she asked with wide eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:01 am
Ibada was immediately scrambling to get back on his feet but it ended up being a lot of flailing as his feet seemed to be tangled into each other and random bones. He had to stop and think about how to get himself back on his feet and by then, the green hyena had caught up, noticed his food and asked why he had been running away.

So she didn't know he was trying to avoid the social obligations of being part of a pack. He was sure anybody would assume he had stolen this- and for all he knew, he had. He didn't know his way around the pack yet, maybe this was set aside for a reason. It hadn't exactly been far from the center of pack activity.

"No reason," he said, trying to sound innocent but his raspy voice, muffled by his refusal to drop his meal, didn't seem convincing.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:05 am
It was hard to be convincing when she was drooling, but she did the best that she could. Her stomach did have a mind of its own, so she swallowed a lot while talking at the moment.

"Don't....don't worry. I'm not going to take your food." Her tail swished sadly a bit, but she really wasn't trying to convince him to give it to her. She knew that food was scarce, and he didn't exactly look plump...

"But you don't need to run. Not everyone is a bully around here."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 am
He eyed her suspiciously, not believing either statement. She was clearly after his food. You could see it in her eyes and it was hard to take anybody seriously when they claimed not to be a bully when he was only a member because of intimidation (it was irrelevant that he later accepted it as the best option for himself). And even before all of that, there was one huge, obvious sign that she was actually up to something.

"Why did you chase me, then?" he asked, still looking her up and down suspiciously.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 am
Kataja's head tilted to the side as she debated his question. It made her NOT think about the food, so her drooling soon stopped.

"I don't know, cause you ran. I wanted to know why you ran from me. I'm...having a hard time adjusting here, and I guess I thought you might go find some friends of yours to laugh at me for tripping earlier..."

It was honest, and way more than what the older brown hyena needed, but Kataja wasn't the best at controlling how much came out of her mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:56 am
Well, that reasoning kind of took them in circles. He ran, apparently, because she chased him. She chased because he ran. As long as you didn't think too hard about it, maybe it made some sense. He was truthfully paranoid, even if his true reason for running right now was stealing.

The rest of her answer surprised him, though, and finally he set down his food- though he kept it between his front feet, clearly intent on protecting it.

"You're new here?" he asked, looking her up and down again but this time with a different kind of suspicion, "Did they bully you into it, too?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:01 pm
Kataja's head bobbed up and down. "Yeah," she said at first. "I didn't really get bullied into it....I figured it would be safer than wandering around all alone. I'm not exactly strong." She might have died if anyone thought to attack her.

"I'm bullied around at times from some of the others. It's not horrible," she lied, trying to convince herself it wasn't that bad. "I'm just lonely."

She wasn't visibly reaching out to him, but it was nice to just get it off of her shoulders, to help move on from that idea that she was lonely.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Hmm. Not bullied into it, that had to mean what happened to him wasn't the norm- but he would remain suspicious because that was just better, he felt. But she had similar reasons as him for accepting membership, at least. It was an interesting feeling, identifying with someone. He'd lost track of his mother and his brother so long ago, he almost forgot what it was like not to be completely isolated.

"I'm mostly left alone," he said plainly when she mentioning the bullying she was subjected to. While Masuko had intimidated him into joining and Ibada was sure she gave him menacing looks every once in a while to remind him, he wasn't really bullied. He was barely spoken to, actually.

He didn't know what else to say on that topic, though he felt he ought to. It was surprising to realize he still had any social tendencies.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:28 pm
Her ears flattened against her skull for a moment. "Oh..." Well, that meant that for some reason she was being picked on. Perhaps it was because she was such a strange colour, and not a more natural one like this hyena. That could be part of it.

"That's good, at least not everyone has to go through what I do," she said with an awkward humor to it. She was doing her best to look at the bright side of it all. "Anyway, don't worry about your food, I don't steal anything even if some of the others steal from me." She smiled at him, feeling like perhaps she should go....but she might come back to visit him again. When she had a more full stomach, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:43 pm
Hmmm, she must not seem him quite the same way as everybody else but perhaps that was because she was a former rogue herself.. and because, for some reason, she had managed a conversation with him. He wasn't normally so approachable, and he made no effort to make it easier on anybody. In fact, he usually took steps to avoid everybody. That was definitely how this started.

He couldn't decide how he felt about her attempted humor, though.. but then he was distracted by her assertion that she didn't steal, even if others stole from her. It was funny considering his food was stolen, but quickly he wondered if this was actually an attempt to guilt him into giving it back.

But he wouldn't, it was his.

Still having no idea what to say, he stayed silent and looked at her with yet another suspicious expression.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:46 pm
....oh well. He wasn't clearly the talking type, so she probably wasn't going to be able to make a friend out of him. She might try again...but for the moment, she figured she'd go out into the boring flatlands and see if she could find something to eat.

"Bye," was all that she said as she bobbed her head again, turning around with a swish of her tail towards the border. He would just eat his meal and not care, and Kataja would do her best to not be hurt about it!

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff