Welcome to Gaia! ::

11th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

This is where the 11th Annual Ball will be planned! 

Tags: eleventh, annual, ball, roleplaying, official 

Reply яєcуcℓє вιи
Committee HEAD applications Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robayn
Vice Captain

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:43 pm
This thread is for applying to be the head of a committee.

Rather than assigning someone I'm going to leave this up to you all to decide what you would like to do or try out and what you think you would be best at.

Committee heads will be responsible for any threads and/or events within their committee. This does not mean that you will create everything. You are free to delegate to your members and encourage and teach them to take a roll in your committee.

It is also important to note that the committee head may be required to poke and even reassign members to projects if projects are falling behind.

Committee heads should be available at least a few times a week, even if it is just to check messages. If a committee head is unavailable or offline for any reason then it is the committee head's responsibility to delegate someone as their replacement, either permanent or temporary as the case may be. It is important that the committee head neither starts nor allows a project to start if the completion of that project is beyond the ability of the committee to finish it. Projects should not be forgotten or left uncompleted. Committee heads may also be required to submit status reports on projects depending on the size or the members committed to the project.

Advertising
The Advertising committee will be in charge of getting the Ball's name out there. This means keeping an eye out for large user-run events that we can affiliate with and, hopefully, help out with. It's one thing to have a banner in a thread and it is another to make our presence known on the site. This will include having at least one major thread that is an information thread for the ball which should be kept updated and active by the committee members. Other threads can be created in other forums as well, but only if we have the man power to keep them active.

Fundraising
This committee will be in charge of organizing all of the shops and auctions that the ball will get its proceeds from. This can range from bump shops, where committee members volunteer to be hired out as bumpers in other shops, to auctions featuring the varied skills that the Annual Ball members have to offer to the community. This committee will work closely with the other committees, so good communication is key!

Art
Finally, this committee will be an organization and delegation of all of the artists, graphic artists, flash artists, and even the writers in the guild. Keeping track of what artists are working where and what they have committed to is important. It's equally important to keep track of the progress of projects and to make sure that realistic deadlines are assigned and followed. Keeping track of all the artists will make sure no one is forgotten and no one gets over burdened, either.

Host Club
This will be the Annual Ball's RP events. This committee will work in conjunction with the advertising committee to get the Annual Ball's name on everyone's tongue. By creating fun, creative, and friendly role-play atmospheres, the Host Club will be responsible for keeping track of popular holidays and coming up with fantastic events to coincide with them. The committee head will decide how to handle the events, whether they will all be a central theme of a literal host club, or if we would rather have many different events like last year.

Please use this application to apply to be the head of one of these committees. You can apply to head more than one, but you will only be chosen for one. Your assignment in that case will be determined by most qualified.

[b]Username[/b] is applying to head the [b][INSERT COMMITTEE NAME][/b] committee.

[b]Ball Experience[/b]: How many years have you been with the ball? Were you a guest, a host, a co-host, a role-player?
[b]Other Experience:[/b] Have you hosted other user-run events or been a part of them? This can include guilds or forums, or even off-site projects.
[b]How often are you online?[/b] Committee heads will be very important people, so being available to your host and to your members will be important too!
[b]Skills[/b]: What is your strongest skill set (pertaining to this application)? Why would you say you are well suited to head this committee?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:35 pm
        Spottedteddybears is applying to head the Host Club committee.

Ball Experience: Uhh, I would say two and a half? I was a stalker for the 8th, a cohost in Wrath for the 9th and a secondary host in High Adventure for the 10th! ^^
        Other Experience: I've hosted an art auction, non-roleplay host-club like hangouts and house parties and various contests for a bunch of guilds. I don't even remember a lot of them! XDD
        How often are you online? I don't want to give away how anti-social and lame I am, but I can say daily. And a lot. Hehe.
        Skills: Well, I've literally been involved in every single Host Club event there has been last year, save for the Halloween one. I was on vacation during then, and I didn't want to promise anything I couldn't deliver.
        And I'm active and have an upbeat personality?
        I'm also pretty flexible with whatever the main hosts decide, so I'm just going to throw that in.

This is pretty vague, actually. Uhh, if you want some personal, in depth things, ask?

Spottedteddybears
Vice Captain

Vicious Pants

Sabatagear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:47 pm
Sabatagear is applying to head the Host Club committee.

Ball Experience: Just a Guest in this 'ere time. Guest and Role-Player. Always saw the Ball take place, but never gave it much thought until this last one.
Other Experience: Used to host some other Roleplays in other places, but that was a long time ago. My skills are more than rusted, but hopefully I'll be given a chance to shine.
How often are you online? Everyday. Have yet to miss one. If I haven't logged in within 24 hours... somethin's up.
Skills: I'm mostly a Role-Player and the fact that I have a large time on my hands usually gives me time to plan. I ain't the best with initiative or even the best Role Player, but hopefully with enough experience I'll be able to change a few things for the better. Specializing in Plots, settings and the like is my forte. Sadly... I can't add much else.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:48 pm
Host Club
This will be the Annual Ball's RP events. This committee will work in conjunction with the advertising committee to get the Annual Ball's name on everyone's tongue. By creating fun, creative, and friendly role-play atmospheres, the Host Club will be responsible for keeping track of popular holidays and coming up with fantastic events to coincide with them. The committee head will decide how to handle the events, whether they will all be a central theme of a literal host club, or if we would rather have many different events like last year.

Rogue_Logan is applying to head the [Host] committee.

Ball Experience:
Halloween Event- Cruella/Megara/Elphaba
V-day Host Club- Lola
March Event- Loletti
Easter Event- Mistress Green
10th Annual Ball- (Nightmare room) Dolly
Balls Attented:
5th Annual Ball- Dark and Light Rooms
7th Annual Ball- Vampire Ball Room
8th Annual Ball- Hades Room
9th Annual Ball- Lust
Other Experience: Heaven Vs Hell RP in Light Guild! (A guild built from the 5th Annual Ball's Light room by a group of us who made friends and wanted to RP with each other)
How often are you online? Every day possible
Skills: I'm good at Roleplaying, organizing and keeping track of things (I helped with the numbers games this year)  

Rogue_Logan

Fashionable Regular

11,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Robayn
Vice Captain

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:55 pm
Sabatagear

Hey, since you are self-admittedly rust at role-playing and new to the Ball, are you sure you wouldn't rather apply to be a member of the Host Club, rather than head it? The Head of the committee is a big responsibility for someone new, but you can still contribute everything and anything you'd like as a member. The only difference is that you won't be expected to be in charge of everything smile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:00 pm
PinkieKitty is applying to head the Art committee! And to prove how artsyfastsy she is, she made her post COLORFUL! Or at least, pink...

Ball Experience:
9th Annual Ball- Guest, Sloth Room
February Event- Pan, cohost
March- O'Malley, cohost
April- Black Queen, secondary host
May- Percival the Jester, cohost
June- Camilla, Main host
10th Annual Ball- Pippa, Flying Room
11th Annual Ball- We shall see. But I'll be here!
Other Experience: I am a participant currently in the 4th Annual Camp NSTG, and I was an official artist for a Gaian user-run game show.
How often are you online? ... Too often! I check Gaia frequently throughout the day, so technically, I'm on 24/7, But I'm physically on Gaia going around spamming people at least one, if not/most likely way more.
Skills: My strongest skill set is the ability to lead in a gentle but firm way. I am extremely flexible and hard working. As a fellow artist, I appreciate, respect, and love all my artist friends and Gaian family. I'm an eager beaver people pleaser (say that 5 times fast!) and a fun excited peppy person!

Let me be your star artist! If you have absolutely any questions at all, or need to see any examples of the arts by me, please contact me, I'm real friendly and I stalk Gaia like a criminal!  

PinkieKitty
Crew

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100

jessieomer
Crew

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:01 pm
jessieomer is applying to head the Fundraising committee.

Ball Experience: 4 years. 1 year as a guestd uring the 7th Annual Ball, 3 years helping with fundraising (8th-10th), and I also roleplay in the forum, in rather random rooms. I remember the 9th ball I usually drew everyone my character had come into contact with.
Other Experience: I was part of the Gaian Sponsored Nudity event as a nudist. That was great fun. I've done several lottos, and have been pretty much in the mini shops forum since birth, i kid, but ive been there for about as long as I have been on gaia.
How often are you online? I am on almost every day. I say almost because there may come a day where I am in internet-less land camping (winter campnig is so interesting), but im on often and at random times.
Skills: I like working with shops, via either my own or helping another's. I also like to keep everything organized. I've had several years as a major header for the Fundraising Commitee, so I can easily take the responsibility. I also bring about creativity and being able to follow through on the various ideas, weird or normal, that I seem to get. I also deal with people on a regular basis, so I can help field any questions or concerns in this department.

I have 4 years experience as a secretary/receptions, so this means I can easily keep track of and plot the donations recieved (well at least the ones that we used the fundraising mule for last year).

And 2 years in the service industry means I can handle a lot of things people give to me, including multi tasking, time management (had to get them tips somehow). My memory is also pretty up to par, so if I say I am gonig to do something, I usually try to get to it. I had problems with lack of motivation with the bump shop last year, but I will be on top of my game this year.

And, being at the top of my game, I had already posted a topic in the fundraising committee to try and psyche people up as it was. Sorry if it was too forward of me to post, but Fundraising is my home here at the ball.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:02 pm
Robayn

Understood. Guess I'll line my marks up for a member to help then. Note to self. Read more before making a post. Thanks Robayn.  

Sabatagear

Robayn
Vice Captain

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:22 pm
Sabatagear
Robayn

Understood. Guess I'll line my marks up for a member to help then. Note to self. Read more before making a post. Thanks Robayn.

Oh, no worries!
I'm not trying to discourage you, either. If you meant to apply in this thread then there's no need to take it back. I got the impression that you meant to apply in the member's thread, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:27 pm
jessieomer

Absolutely not, it is not too forward. It's gung-ho and I like it.
Plus, I respect your experience fundraising mightily.  

Robayn
Vice Captain

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500

jessieomer
Crew

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:33 pm
Robayn
Absolutely not, it is not too forward. It's gung-ho and I like it.
Plus, I respect your experience fundraising mightily.

Thanks, its nothing really though. Fundriasing is what I do. Well technically gathering funds is what I do. Gotta love those years of being a very avid quester, doing anything and everything to get money for those special items.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 pm
User Image
I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives..

Hikari Aijuntani is applying to head the ART committee.

Ball Experience: I've been with the ball 4 years now. Roleplayer, Co-host, Room Host, and whatever this year brings. I've helped every year in at least 2 if not more of the advertising events.
Other Experience: I have hosted Guild Balls that included games, roleplaying, dueling, contests. I hosted two of those every year for almost 3 years before finally turning the guild over to others. Upon running another guild, I've just helped in advertising events and roleplaying events rather then hosting them.
How often are you online? I'm online almost everyday for several hours.
Skills: I'm freakishly organized when it comes t6o things like this; it's something I thrive at. Art whether visually, musically, or written is my passion so I take a job pertaining to it seriously.

User Image
...I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say!

Hillbilly Hikari
Crew

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100

LilChibiusa
Vice Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:32 pm
Are we having a plot committee this year?

*wants to apply for it* whee heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:48 pm
Maybe I clicked on the wrong link...heh heh.
Can I just maybe co-host/help run a committee and not actual be the head honcho? I'm more of an aid the leader not take charge kind of gal...  

iNk_mAy
Crew

Time-traveling Ally

яєcуcℓє вιи

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out