Submit

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pacing over the sand at dusk, Morag searched out her half brother, hoping to speak with him.

After all that had happened, there were some new paths open to them now. New opportunities, but also new responsibilities, and a knowledge that could very well be a heavy burden.

What did he think of it all? She wasn't even sure what she thought of it, but that was part of why she wanted to talk to him, and to all of the newly-made Watchers. Some bonds had been forged, but they were new yet, and could be fragile. It would be her job to strengthen them, to turn them into a cohesive force... but she could not do that if everyone wasn't willing to let her do so. If anyone wasn't sure about this, she needed to know about it, just like she needed to know their strengths and weaknesses, the way their minds worked...

Sighing, she glanced around, peering around the rock and sand of her home.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:42 pm
User Image
Aodhfin had no idea that this half sister was seeking him out, though he should of known that she would after all that had happened during their 'adventure' north of the firekin with the group. with the promotions and everything else that came with that, he would of went seeking her out soon anyways. but it seemed she would find him instead of him going and seeking her out. lucky for her he was wasn't hiding out anywhere he wouldn't be too hard to find, he actually came walking into her veiw as he had been leaving the dueling/training area after having done some sparring with his mentor Huojin to blow off some steam.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:10 pm
"Aodhfin." Morag called she caught sight of her brother coming from the training grounds, a little bit of a smile pulling at her jaws. It seemed some just couldn't relax after a big mission and needed to blow off steam. The black lioness herself felt like she could sleep for days, rather than run around in the sand some more.

Notable about her this time was the lack of bandages. She'd recently been to see the healers and been pronounced healed... and what's more, she had two bright red eyes. The scars that covered the right half of her face had missed her eye and she'd kept it, a thing she had feared she wouldn't up until the bandages were removed.

"Working out some extra energy?" She teased him, though there was no sting to the words.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 pm
"Morag." smirking, he was quick to noticed she did not have her bandages any longer on her face. " i needed to think and blow off some steam so i pulled Huojin from his family for a bit of a spar even though i know he would of preferred to be playing around with his son or daughters."chuckling, he still would never get over how his mentor ended up with his half sister with a little family though he was happy to be a uncle to Huojin's kids. " i'm glad though to see your bandages are finally off. so is it safe to assume the eye is fine?" he had been curious about how her injury had healed up and had hoped she would heal just fine which to him it seemed she had but he was not going to assume.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:12 am
Morag chuckled as she turned her scarred face for him to look over, her red eye blinking in the center of it.

"My eye is fine, as you can see. Once the rest had healed up, I was able to open it and we discovered no damage to the eye itself. I'm grateful, of course, to have kept the sight in that eye. I could have lived with it, but now all I have to deal with is some memorable scars." Turning, she glanced around to find some shade, motioning for her brother to follow.

"Come on. Lets go sit out of the sun. I wanted to talk to you for a bit, if you have the time. There has been so much going on, I feel like I'm being pulled in all directions at once."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 am
"well i am glad to hear that, even though we both know you already proved you can handle yourself with one eye." grinning, it made me instantly think of the moment when they all had been caught by the guard and use Morag as a excuse as to why they had been over at the rock wall just so they could keep going on the mission. he had to keep himself from snickering out load at the thought, since he knew Morag had not enjoyed that moment at all. " i have plenty of time to talk with you and if i didn't i would make the time." nodding, he followed her to cool shade as he actually welcomed the shade after sparring in the sun with Huojin.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:21 am
Affecting a posture of relaxation and uncaring, she flopped down on her stomach, stretching her legs out as though she were simply enjoying a free moment with her brother. No one looking at them needed to be clued in that they were doing anything special, or talking about anything unusual. Word of her new position in the pride might be spreading, but there was no reason anyone should think Aodhfin was anything more than her relation.

The dark lioness took a moment to let them settle before she spoke, and when she did, she kept her voice low and easy.

"I believe you've been approached by the Regents for a new rank, yes? One of Watcher? I just wondered what you thought of it, what you were going to do... I wouldn't hold it against you if you decided you were content with the position you already hold." She said softly as she eyed him, taking in his expression and posture.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:00 am
that was the upside to him being a watcher and his sister being the spy master. it was all too easy to fool anyone that wasn't suppose to know his new rank that he was simply having a chat with his older half sister and none was the wiser that the spy master was actually talking with one of her watchers. once he was done flopping onto his side and relaxing, he spoke softly so that others wouldn't over hear. " yes i was approached by our Regents about that and to be honest i was surprised by it. i have not had any ambition to climb the ranks past being a good soldier who does his duty but with everything going on i went on that wild mission to try to help make a difference and help in how i can." and now he had a grin on his face. "so naturally i said yes to the new rank since with it i can do more than just be a good soldier even if it has to be in secret. though now i answer to your orders." it was clear by his grin he had no issues with having his older half sister as his boss because of her new rank of spy master and him being one of the new watchers. " plus i look forward to the new training i will receive and learning more about my new duties."  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:30 pm
Morag chuckled at her brother, reaching out to give his shoulder a smack with her paw.

"I didn't have ambition either, so the promotion came as much a surprise to me as to the rest of you. I hardly know what to do with it... that's part of why I wanted to talk to you. I do feel the same way... even if I had only been a watcher, I would have still thrown myself wholeheartedly into this. I'm glad that you feel the same." She said as her expression softened, her whole demeanor easing a little. "I think training will have to be done carefully... I can't pull you all away from your regular duties to run skirmishes the way the soldiers do, and being seen together, for some of us, would be unusual. Especially if its always with me. I can't hide my position and still be effective, so it won't be long until everyone knows what I am."

Morag shrugged, putting that aside for now. With things still in flux, it would take time for everyone to settle into their roles, for the information to start coming in and trained spies going out. "I did want to know, though, what your take was on the information we gathered in the North. I need to know what everyone gathered, in case someone heard something or saw something that no one else did."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:16 am
Bluefire Dragonz

" it wouldn't be odd to see me off training. when i'm not on duty as a soldier, i am usually training with Huojin. but as you said we will have to watch what we do to keep our ranks a secret even though for some it will be harder for them to keep it secret. though i think i have the advantage seeing as i am your brother and its not unusual for family to be seen together." Aodhfin took a lazy swing back as she smacked his shoulder. " i don't think i got as much information as the others since i kept back mostly since i would of been really easy to spot with my bright mane and red. sadly i feel i wouldn't be much help with giving any extra information than what we already have.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:02 pm
Morag rolled her shoulders in a shrug, rocking on her paws as she tested her balance and loosed up her muscles. It was an unconscious motion, simple a body feeling its own power. She was still young, at the peak of her strength... she felt capable, and even more so knowing that at least this member of her family had her back.

"Well, I'll have to settle for what the others heard then. There were certainly enough of us along that we should have caught all there was to hear or see. Its mostly the interpretations I'm after... everyone will have their own opinions of what they saw or heard and what they think it means with the other information we have. Sometimes someone will think of something the others didn't and it could be the final piece to the puzzle."

For a moment, she hummed quietly to herself, staring off over the dunes in thought. "There are a lot of opportunities for my watchers." She said finally. "Not all, in fact most of them, don't involve being in the pride. There is a lot going on out there that could use our eyes and ears. Is there anything in particular you think you'd like or be able to do? I have some plans, but they're not stone and depend greatly on who they involve. I would prefer volunteers, rather than giving orders."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:10 pm
"there was a fair amount of us so i am sure one of us heard something really useful. we can not underestimate the Nergui and what they might do." Aodhfin did perk up when she asked him if there was anything in particular he would like or be able to do. " well your looking at a volunteer right here for anything you might have. if you think you have a plan that suits me, i am more than willing. i want to be helpful and i am eager prove myself worthy of this new rank." it was clear he was more than eager to get started and prove himself since he felt he had not earned this rank quiet yet.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:57 pm
The dark lioness smiled at her brother's eagerness, flexing her paw against the ground to feel the sand between the pads.

"While I want to keep a good number of Watchers here, with the pride moving outwards to find resources, I want to place Watchers in these new prides, or even prides we haven't made contact with yet, to gauge our reception. We could be a lot more successful if we knew what we were walking, or matching, into when we come to a new place." She said, hoping he would see her line of thinking in this. "I will be sending Watchers out to many places, probably in pairs for safety. Would something like this interest you? Or would you rather stay in the pride for other jobs I'll be arranging?"

The Spymaster had many plans, but they depended greatly on the forces she commanded. You couldn't ask someone to put their lives in possible danger and expect to get results if they were reluctant to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm
" i'd prefer to stay close to home and do something here. but if there is a reason you need me specifically to go outside of the pride, i am more than willing to at any time." Aodhfin did want to stay close to home so that he could do things here when needed. plus in a selfish way he still wanted to be around for the fact he enjoyed being around Huojin and he brood of cubs who are his nieces and nephew. grinning, he was glad he was finding it so easy to deal with working under his half sister and he was also glad that she was asking him if he was willing to do certain things. though in all honesty he was willing to do any job she needed even though he preferred to be doing things around the pride so he could still be near family.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:08 pm
Morag smiled as she rose and stretched before shaking herself vigorously.

"Don't worry, Brother. I have plenty of people I can send out into the wilds if you don't wish to go. I would rather have you where you want to be, doing the things you want to do. The more you have to struggle to do something, the poorer the results will be. I'll find something you can do here, on the home front, and save the outside world for those who are itching for the chance to do something like that. I'm going to be seeking out the Huria in particular for that job, since their atypical pelts will be less noticeable than ours."

She bumped him playfully with her shoulder, giving him a shove like any playful sibling. It was good that she had gotten a chance to talk with him. It made her feel more secure in her own position and in the choices she was, and will, make.

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff