Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Your Fursona... and You! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm awesome. You're awesome too.
  Unless you're not.
View Results

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:41 am
I know there are a lot of topics here and there about what kind of Fursona everyone has. This isn't one of those topics. What I want to talk about is fursonas in general and more specifically: how everyone came about making and choosing them.

I'm very interested, so be as detailed as you want to be. How did you make your fursona? How did you go about choosing all the nuances of said fursona? What is a fursona to you, anyway, and how do you feel about having one? Stuff like that.

I'd love to know. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:02 am
I considered myself a furry long before I had made a fursona for myself.
When I decided I should make one, it wasn't too difficult. I enjoy making characters so it was pretty fun too.
He's basically just me as my favourite animal, a fennec fox. With a few aesthetic changes, of course.

To me a fursona is a character that is just like yourself apart from the species. You can have as many characters as you want but your fursona will always be the one that's most special to you.  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Vulpiano Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:43 pm
My fursona is my inner child manafested. It also has to.deal a lot with the fact I'm very self conscious and insecure and take concert in wearing diapers. Laugh I don't care its part of me and I'm proud of it. The fact I chose a fox is because my inner child does enjoy causing trouble and doing things I've been told not to (not to disobey more to be a pain in the a**). My natural element is fire which is shown in my fursona and I'm also a music lover and s Goth/emotion/scean kinda person. My fursona is me, and my babyfur side is only one of my fursona.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:20 pm
I dont have a fursona. Nor any kind of persona.
When I was a kid I would imagine I was a dinosaur a few times. Once I prayed to the god I believed in to be immortal, have four arms, and a tail, which should be green and reptilian.

Perhaps I was influenced for the 4 arm choice from the game mortal kombat. But once I did dream I had four arms. Unlike the mortal kombat character, my second set of arms came from the same shoulders, extending from the armpits of the first set sort of. I had exagerated freckles in that dream to resemble toadskin almost.

When I was a kid I started to develop a character for a kind of story. He is basically a dark blue scaled, buff demon-like character who was a person, but altered in a lab. some reason I associate his creation with the frustration Ive had for my mom.

Since then Ive created more characters. One other character has snake like features, not in a creepy way but cool way, but then he dresses creepily. And he has a snake all wrapped around him alot underneath his black cloak, and he can pull on its head so its spine comes out like a sword and can slaughter people, and its extremely sharp and flexible and light, and he could kill a handful of people very quickly with it, them losing limbs and heads. I created this character when I was depressed and literally going crazy.

Before I made a thread in here about shapeshifters, not only normal shapeshifters but ones that were creepier too who had to step by step change into an animal if they wanted to change into one, rather than all at once, but they could do other things too, like add individual attributes or qualities of different species onto himself, or even stuff other species dont really have.
I was crazy when I was roleplaying that, then I remember it ended abruptedly and someone was like, what happened? Then I said something like NOTHING happened. I had issues.

And Im fine for the most part except Im starting to get depressed again, hopefully not crazy. I get more sad during fall and winter for some stupid reason. I know why though, less sunlight, less air quality, and the cold can cause me to need more calories, and I already eat less than I should. Lack of certain nutrients too perhaps, lack of sleep. Lack of excersize. And I was researching conspiracy theories and stuff emotion_facepalm  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

WoofyGoo

7,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:07 am
how I created my Gooey fursona,

Well it was mostly a cause because I always had a thing for slime, how it stick together and still is like a liquid, at first I was just a feline, never heard of a gooey or atleast thought of it, I wanted to fit in and wanted to try as many things as I could, I've been a Feline, Raptor, Canine, Micro, shark and then a goo, I generally kept the Shark in there because one of my dearest friends is a shark, and the gooey itself had no real shape yet

I added all kinds of 'sexual' stuff to the gooey idea later, because I was mainly hanging around people who were a bit perverted x//3 Ofcourse, I am a bit of an attention whore, and still I like to be a loner, it was a very bad combination then and still is, although, the goo creature became that what I am now, I am now trying to remake my fursona here on Gaiaonline, I got a ref sheet of my current fursona, but the shape is incorrect, but due to the lack of actually having a main shape it's perfect =D
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/8830006/

the colour was actually pretty simple, I would have gone for black or red if I didn't had a mate, but I mainly went green because that is my mates Favorite colour, to show my love to him, I went to a green slimey creature <3! and will never go back <3  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:21 am
Well, mine's not fancy. Just a bluebird anthro. Came up with him years ago on here. It all just kinda clicked into place. razz  

Mani Ze Wanderer

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:10 am
Well, I'm a wolf. I consider my fursona to just be who I am on the inside. I'll change the name between Tsuki and Zoe most of the time because I just really love the name Zoe. But I'm a silver wolf, with a sky blue color on the tips of my ears, my tail, and my toes. There's other markings, but they're just too hard to explain with great detail. Sometimes, my fursona will change from silver to just blue all over. I don't know why. I just do that.

It started when I was a kid, way before I even heard of furries. For a good year or two, I would run around my house like my dog, on all fours, with one of her old collars around my neck. I'd eat out of bowls on the floor just like her and bark like her too. I found that barking came really natural and I could imitate other dogs, from Chihuahuas to Rottweilers. Well, I don't really know where the switch came, but at some point, I remember the first time I went to the zoo. I spent an hour just sitting in front of the wolf pen, watching them. I wanted to let them out to play. That was the first time I heard a wolf howl. And it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. Something sparked in my chest and I ended up howling back. At first, I sounded like one of those cheesy human made recordings. But after a few tries, I sounded just like one of them. (That's not exaggeration. I got a job at a haunted house a few years ago because of my howl.)

But fromt hat point on, there was no going back to humanity. Unfortunately, I had to stop the running around on all fours. So I settled for just playing with my dog like another puppy would. When people aggravated me, I bit them. In my high school years, it got to a point where I could hear some things that other people couldn't, and smell things before they could. I know that makes me sound crazy, and for a while I thought I was.

I told people that I simply had an obsession with wolves. And this girl in my school actually had a competition with me to see who loved wolves more. I won of course. So I just assumed it was just an irrational, uncontrollable love for the animal. But after I was introduced to the concept of furries and fursonas, I realized that inside, I really am an animal.

I worked with my brother on the idea and it turns out, I'm not the only fur in the family. He's a black wolf. And damn proud of it. He isn't a part of this guild because he's not on Gaia very much, but he's become a wolf like me. He's extremely strong with really good muscle tone, but that didn't really start until after he'd accepted that he was a wolf. He's got good hearing and smell too. And he's wicked awesome at seeing in the dark, which I have yet to master. What made me start to wonder if he was furry was the fact that he would growl when someone pissed him off. So, people that believe us about being wolves call us Yin and Yang (because we're opposite in color and personality). But it's not so bad. And I almost always have a fursona for him along with mine in any roleplays or stories.

My previous mate was a dragon. He was my perfect match.. But unfortunately, we fought a lot after I came to college and it ended. We're working things out.. and I can only hope that he comes back. My brother is actually married to my ex-mate's adopted sister. She's a dragon at heart too. They have a couple of kids. And I'm excited to see whether the furry-ness has been passed down to them.

I know this was a lot, but I like explaining my story to people who will accept it and not call me crazy. Maybe I can convince my brother to share his change too.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:26 pm
I guess mine all started like almost 10 years back, when i used to hunt. i used only a bow and knife, im a good shot with the bow and a good throw with the knife. but my specialty is sneaking and hiding. It mainly came from wen me and a bunch of my friends were out hunting and i broke off from the main group, i thought they knew i left, but supposedly they didnt even notice until a bit later. anyways when me and my closest to my age cousin (we grew up as kids together.) used to talk in howls of a distance, tone plus length equals what ever we're trying to say. my cousin was chasing this big buck through the trees and it started getting away, so my cousin gives off a howl and gets a short yip in return. next thing they know my knife comes flying from up in the tree's to catch it in the flank and slow it down enough for them to get within bow range. i was watching from slightly above, it was already pre-planned. after that he started getting called coyote and i started getting called fang. in a way the voice and the hand. and thats about how i started with the whole wolf thing, and over time different things have just come together to make my fursona what it is today  

Count Von Tempest

Dangerous Prophet

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Statustician 100

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:27 pm
I love the discussion people are bringing to this topic! <3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:22 pm
How did you make your fursona? Well I really like cats so a feline it is. Non specific feline (house cat).

How did you go about choosing all the nuances of said fursona? I had an idea of what I liked. But i decided to ask my girl friend what she would imagine me looking like. So from the colors and patterns she said I applied and its never changed ^^

What is a fursona to you, anyway, and how do you feel about having one? A fursona to me is just me with a different body. Same personality and such. The only imaginary thing about my fursona is the body, the rest is just me. And i really enjoy having one. Its how i imagine myself on a regular basis.

Hogosha neko

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:32 pm
Me personally, my fursona's are nothing special (Except to me.) For I have one for any animal I wish to be.

I traded uniqueness for variety. (If that makes any sense.)

Not that I don't have any customized fursona's, I do, but for the most part, it's just generally the animal anthromorphisized.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm
How did you make your fursona? well i love foxes and the color purple, and i loved to dress up, although my parents dissaprove of it and dstroyed my only suit i had, i made one previously.. but anyways..

How did you go about choosing all the nuances of said fursona?well, my first fursona came to me in a dream i had were it was like a third person perspective of me, but not as a human, i just saw purple fox with a dark aura around him, and was.. not scared but.. appauled by his essence, he had began to talk t me as if it weren't a dream, i still dont remeber what he said to me, butwhen i woke up i had a pendant in my hand

What is a fursona to you, anyway, and how do you feel about having one? to me a fursona is more than just a part of you, it truely is what IS you as a "human". i feel proud of the fact i have a fursona, mainly because i like the fact i realize i'm not truely a full human, but something more.. ya' know what i mean?  

another fox guy

Shy Bachelor

11,075 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 pm
How did you make your fursona?
How did I make my fursona.. well I spent alot of time reflecting on what animal my personality traits/quirks mimiced the most. I deduced that I had a number of both feline and canine qualities and then looked at animals of the sort. I decided upon that a fox was like boh a cat or dog but different in its own ways so I decided with that. I then decided I wanted it to reflect the cheshire cat, a personal favorite.

How did you go about choosing all the nuances of said fursona?
The little bits and such where mostly personal preference of style and so on. I liked the cheshire cat represented by Disneys Alice in Wonderland so I went with a purple base with a striped pattern but I dislike pink enough to not want magenta I decided crimson as a darker shade and went with it. I like the shark-esque teeth cause they make quite he unsettling crazed grin. Heterochromia was a relection of another personal desire.

What is a fursona to you, anyway, and how do you feel about having one? Stuff like that.
To me my Fursona is a representation of me. One piece of the pie so to speak. I don't mind having one to me its like an identity in this community I've grown rather fond of.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm
My fursona would be a volpes volpes. I created the idea of him a good number of years ago. His characteristics and sexual attitude are very similar to mine. He essentially me. He dyed his fur purple and pierced his ears. He is gay as the rainbow itself XD.  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Lycoris Kafka

Shy Phantom

17,075 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 pm
I came up with my fursona based on my personality! At first I thought I was a mouse, until a friend pointed out that I'm neither shy nor innocent like mice usually are. I thought about it for a bit and I decides to be a bat. I'm awkward and introverted in social situations, but one on one I'm pretty nice c : people always tell me that I'm really eccentric, and that's not a trait I oppose.

My fursona's coloring is also based on my personality xD I'm an albino because I don't go outside very much~!  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff