Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The plains had taken time to settle after The Flood, and before he knew it, he was a buck. Towards the end of his self-imposed duties, he felt the pull once more - some called it 'The Ache', The Ache that first sent their people to the great unknowns beyond.

Distant Thunder always had The Ache. Not for some place, but someone, that creature that taunted him from his first sleeping moments in his egg, that distant figure mercurial, tinged with the green-blue of wide waters, running, running, away from his strong hooves, away from his desire.

So with a grunt, he left the plains to chase that someone. His yearning had made him strong and swift, which aided him in surviving The Flood and eased the long journey to where he now stood. The air was wetter, and the ground muddier; it was a distinct change from the plains. He could only assume it was the swamp.

He paused to survey the land, grim as he realised the magnitude of the area, how fruitless his chase still was.
Then Thunder saw her.

He led with heavy steps, approaching for a better look - so it was, that enigmatic hue. It was especially curious; she was of his kind, but he had not found a candidate as suitable as this in the plains.

Perhaps his Ache had finally led him to the right place. Thunder, with all his cautious optimism, declared, "Greetings, beauteous maid. I am new to the swamp, and you look like you would be a most capable guide."

Amorpheous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Starburst was grazing quietly in the middle of a slightly soggy clearing, her hooves just slightly sunk in. Somewhere nearby, but not within hearing or smelling distance, Dances with Shadows must be nearby, hunting or foraging for food that did not resemble grass. Her ears flicked minutely as she detected another hoofed creature nearby, must be a kin, but she didn't look up for she wasn't worried about being attacked. It wasn't until the heavy steps became louder and finally stopped near her that she looked up, surprised to see a pale hued kiokote, one of her kind, one of Waltz's kind, standing near her.

There was something of some wish that seemed to show in his expression, in his pale yellow eyes, framed by bright color. The rest of him was gracefully beautiful in the palest colors and sweeping lines that made Starburst think of the wind sweeping through the summer air.

It was his greeting that arrested her though. His tone of voice, not so open as Waltz, but the phrasing, just something about how he spoke was so reminiscent of Waltz and it made her freeze and blink. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts of Waltz, she had children, and she was happy, they were friends, friends, but he was waiting and she wasn't so sure anymore that she didn't want to just stay with Waltz for the rest of her life, but she wasn't absolutely sure that she didn't want to continue flying through the swamp and meeting wonderful bucks who would give her beautiful children.

But regardless, before her was a beautiful buck who was waiting for an answer. Smiling, Starburst spoke softly, easily, "Thank you, I would be most amendable to being your guide. May I ask, have you just arrived in the swamp?"

Maxx D
Ah, finally home and with some food in my stomach.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:04 pm
Thunder did not mean to startle her, slightly surprised by her momentary stillness - had he frightened her? And yet her demeanour was so genteel, so charming, so trusting. Agreeing to, now that he thought about it, an abrupt request that she need not accept. His heart was warmed, and he lowered his voice to match her sweet tone. "Aye, just. I have travelled many a day, and only today have I encountered such....wetness." A rumbling chuckle, and he said, with all seriousness, "Lovely lady, I have been searching for something - and I believe, perhaps, the Motherfather has fated us to meet. I could not imagine a more fortunate encounter than with yourself." His eyes glittered bright, with an intensity that reflected his words. Thunder had never been particularly subtle in his approach.

Amorpheous
Hope you had a good Sunday! And that he's not going to creep her out too badly. 8D;;

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:30 pm
When the buck next spoke, his voice was lower, softer, and oh so sweet. The plains must be a long journey from the swamp, she knew that much from Waltz, but never having been there herself or made the trip from grasslands to swamp, she had not point of reference to how trying it must be. The run however, she could imagine. Sometimes she ran for days only stopping every once in a while when she had to. "Perhaps the Motherfather has."

She smiled and wanted to ask what he was searching for, but he was so serious and it seemed so personal. Starburst didn't want to pry and send him running off into the distance. Though she didn't know what he was searching for, there was such an intensity to his eyes, so light, and not so twilight-dark as Waltz's, more day-bright like hers, that there was no doubt that there was something else, perhaps, that he was searching for. "May I ask what your name is?"

Maxx D
I did have a pretty good Sunday, I missed breakfast and lunch, but made up for it with dinner. It's okay! He has this really chivalrous way of talking that is making her think of Waltz even though he isn't so cheerful and open! Do you have any ideas for when Waltz should enter the scene?

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:59 pm
"Ah, how boorish of me," He said with frustration at himself, and nodded at Starburst graciously. "I am Distant Thunder - in the plains, they call for Thunder, and I suppose in the swamp it will be the same?" The buck was truly clueless, but much more at ease now that he had such a kind guide to enlighten him. "And may I know yours, sweet miss?"

Amorpheous
When I was a college student [it hasn't been THAT long but I'm making it sounds pretty awful right now haha] I never ate anything but dinner. lol Glad you had a good one!

Short tag but looong quote! You know, I didn't know that he and Waltz both spoke in that vaguely medieval/Olde English way - I just went and had a read of your RP and I'm astonished! lol I guess they were even more perfect to RP than we thought, awesome. He's a good contrast of Waltz, it looks, being very much alpha, so it'd be interesting to see how things work out.

I think Thunder will ask a little bit more about the swamp after their intro, and then suddenly express the desire to know her better, much better. at this moment, before she replies, perhaps Waltz could be seeking her and stumble upon the scene? If it's IC for Starburst, she could be torn - on one hand, this buck is seeking her approval and trusting himself to her while she isn't technically Waltz's, but at the same time, she's afraid of sending the wrong idea to him despite the fact she's so sure they're 'just friends' right now. She could abruptly intro the two to each other, then Thunder, being clueless, will repeat his request once more. From there I think Starburst's anxiety and Waltz' resignation could play off each other, then he gives his approval. [I've thought of Thunder's response to this already, it should be pretty funny!] Does that work to you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:22 pm
"Not at all." Starburst smiled disarmingly. He had been perfectly gentlemanly. Yes. 'Like Waltz,' she couldn't help but add to herself. "Distant Thunder - a strong name, fitting for one who has run from the plains to the swamp."

"And Thunder it is," Shifting easily to the nickname, Starburst nodded in turn, offering her name in turn. "You may."

"I am Tastes Like Summer, but I'm often called La-" Starburst paused. No, kin didn't often call her Lady summer. Only Waltz called her Lady Summer. Smiling again to hide her stumble. "I am often called Starburst, or, Summer."

Maxx D
Ooh, I just love eating too much. xD

Haha, it's so perfect that they both speak in vaguely similar ways.

That situation sounds perfect! She's trying to friend zone Waltz because he's waiting for commitment and she's not ready, but she still seeks his approval because although she doesn't know it, she's in love with him. Blinded will jump in when we get there~

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:45 pm
He returned the smile in thanks, a broad, bright-eyed one of his own. "Both iterations are most charming. Starburst suits you well, a most appropriate description of such loveliness against the murkiness and mud of the swamp.

"And if you would tolerate my ignorance once more," Thunder inquired, "may I ask when you were pulled here, by The Ache? I have not seen you before in the plains, and that is a curiousity to me. I have traversed much of home as a youngling in search - " of what, he did not mention " - and I cannot believe I would miss a beauty such as yourself. It would be a travesty." He wasn't humble about his achievements, his strength nor capabilities; he had worked hard to be an accomplished Kiokote, and it showed in his physique and posture. Thunder would show her how impressive it would be to have him by her side...he needed her to believe it as much as he did.

Amorpheous
Food is NEVER bad! Neither is three square meals, that's how it should go. lol

Great, we'll work with that! We're making really good pace and I'm having lots of fun. Thanks for letting me flesh out Thunder with your gorgeous girl.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 pm
Again, the buck's words made her think of Waltz who had first told her her name suited her very well, but she smiled through the thought. More and more frequently, it seemed her thoughts strayed to Waltz, her Sir Shadow, but, no, here in front of her was such a gentlemanly buck who smiled so well and spoke so kindly.

"The mud does hold it's charms," Starburst paused for a second, her head tilting and her eyes fond of her home. Her head was dipped slightly down, bashful at his compliments, but pleased. "Though, I suppose that it is because I wasn't pulled here by The Ache. I was born in the swamp and it is all that I have ever known."

Again, the buck seemed to be hinting at something, this something that he was searching for, but it nothing about the buck struck her wrong and so she wasn't too worried that he was hiding something untoward. Even so, her thoughts drifted to Waltz again even as she noticed how well he stood, how it was obvious that he had traversed long and with great speed. She could imagine running next to him through the swamp, eyes focused on the sun, running and running with so much intent.

Maxx D
Food is the best. Three meals is perfect. Haha, I'm definitely a snacker though. So much snacking.

Brilliant! I'm usually really wordy, but I'm really liking this pace. Thank you for letting me forward Starburst's plot with your perfect buck.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:24 pm
And that was why! A child of the swamp - ah, Motherfather, he had indeed come to the right place. "So, it is proven how little I know, of the swamp and its charms...and how fortunate I am to run into you, and all of your charms. I look forward to learning how to navigate this place - your home and discovering how small my world has been, back in the plains. I am tremendously priviledged, my lady Starburst.

Amorpheous
Now you're making me hungry at work... lol  

You're making me feel a little ashamed! wink But as you've seen our silly Rise & Co. RP, Jun and I RP quickly and in short posts, especially me... I'd rather not subject people to acres of my awful writing when it isn't strictly necessary. I'm really glad that you're feeling comfortable though, feel free to be as short as you'd like, haha!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:36 pm
Though the nickname gave her pause, she forged ahead as to not let the conversation dropped.

"Ah, I'm afraid that my charms might not live up to the charms of the Swamp once you are fully introduced to them. They're rather vast and constantly changing."

Smiling at the buck, her mind went to the nickname. Lady Starburst, how similar it was to Sir Shadow calling Lady Summer. She wondered where Waltz was at that very moment. He was nearby, but where?

Maxx D
Haha, well, hopefully you have a wonderful lunch or snack waiting for you?

Ah, I love Rise & Co. RP, so much fun and silliness, but still so brilliant. I think it really depends on the character for me. I have some characters that require many words, some that don't. Starburst works either way, though she does tend towards slightly shorter posts, so this is perfect. I'm a bit of an obsessive post matcher though, so the longer the post previous, the longer the post I'll write, though the opposite with short posts doesn't seem to hold true.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:50 pm
Thunder could not tear his gaze away from her pelt, that beautiful blue-green that touched her eyes and her hooves - the intensity of his dreams would bring any Kiokote to the depths of pining that he suffered, so desperately wanting to believe that once he came to the accursed place (no, that blessed place) of waters, he would quench that thirst, and everything would fall into place. It was that belief that spurred him on through dark nights and sweltering days, it was his reason for living and he would not - could not feel otherwise.

The coincidence was too much, sighting her at his first few steps into the new land, with her colours, her birthplace and her incredible kindness. It should, it should have fallen perfectly into place.

He would not, could not even bring himself to recognise that one abstract, contrary realisation that it hadn't felt as...right as he'd imagined. But what would a lost buck know of reality? He had always been impatient, but he had taken too long to be impatient now. She was beautiful, she was darling, she was, by all means, perfectly suited to all he had imagined. He would have to continue the path, and he would know that happiness. He would stop chasing, he was absolutely, absolutely here. He would have to...

Her eyes were distant. He could not lose her now.
"Dear Starburst," Thunder said, his voice low, urgent and full of yearning, "forgive my impudence. I intend for you to be my guide, yes, but also perhaps...more. Your sweetness, your delicacy and innocence of character - it is such a comfort in the face of a strange land, and a soothing balm after my lengthy journey. It is a thought to be well-considered, of course, but I am not a buck of many secrets, and it would be dishonourable to pretend that my feelings towards you are wholly platonic. Hearing this, lovely maiden, would you kindly grant me an opportunity to your heart, if that is what we head towards?"

Amorpheous
I've got a scone Jun baked, which is quite marvellous, but also 4.5 hours of work left to go. lol I'll deal!

I really hope we'll see you around Rise & Co at some point, even if we'd scare your kin. Then we'll push you to your limits of short posting! wink Starburst is lovely to RP with, what a sweet creature. 

Aaand...OH MY BBQ THUNDER?!?! Okay, there's the crux! lol Now Starburst can be caught out and you could tag Blinded, I think. If she's online it'd be awesome, it's nice to get my brain working while numbly tabbing down Excel sheets and formulas.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:17 pm
Thunder's words brought Starburst's thoughts back to the buck in front of her, the buck that called her Lady Starburst, so similar to Lady Summer, but who she could not bear to call Sir Thunder or any variation of such because it felt wrong. When did not being around Waltz begin to feel wrong? She had felt fine leaving Mug with her first clutch and she thought after Desert that she was fine, but, oh, here she was again letting her thoughts drift, always to Waltz always. And, no, look at the beautiful, handsome buck before her who plied her with sweet words.

But even as she thought this, even as she listened to his sweet entreaty, she felt a sense of wrongness, something different from the thought of calling him Sir Thunder, but still the same. She gave a half-smile, not so bright, but still sweet for it wasn't in her nature not to be so and though her eyes remained focused on Thunder, so bright like the sun, her ears cast around for signs of Waltz. She wondered why. She could always trust Waltz to be her champion, but she shouldn't feel like she needed it. She would be fine, especially with a buck so fine as Thunder.

Yet, an opportunity to her heart, she wasn't sure if this was the same hope of commitment that Waltz held, or the same type of love that she believed in, something pure and wonderful, but something that did not tie oneself to another forever (or at least that's the type of love she told herself she believed in, now she wasn't so sure it was the only type of love she believed in).

"I-," she stopped, unsure of how to continue. "I-"

The sound of hooves on the swamp ground, drawing close, stopped her. Waltz.

Maxx D
Ooh, I love scones! Is it a British-type scone or an American-type scone? (Either way, scone-love!)

Oh definitely! I'm hoping that Howl will get to meet the family after meeting Beloved since I think he's going to be freaked out by, but also strangely comforted by seeing a family after his first clutch... With Delicate. And Ember too since she's going to be adorable-friendsies-forever with Killing Moon.

<3 Starburst is so easy to RP because I just have to think to the nicest way to respond to things and talk about Waltz a lot. xD It's going to be weird since I'm RP-ing her out of chronological order, haha, pre-Waltz RP, here I come.

Blinded's not online, she headed to bed a while ago since she needed to get up for her job, but tagging her below, and we'll get this going again tomorrow.

Blinded By Silence
Your turn! <3

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Waltz had been hunting for a good part of an hour, hunting for his lady. She was hungry, so he would hunt. That was just how it was, and how he hoped it always would be. After all, it kept him close to her while he waited, and, even if she would not let him share her life, at least he was still a part of it.

He had let so many prey escape this time, however. There was something specific he was looking for. A large bird with frightful talons and beautiful plumage. Perhaps, if they shared a meal as they had before, he could bring her back to him, he was thinking. Ah! There! He spied a group of them, preening and chittering about in the tall grass of the clearing, pecking at the bugs in the dirt.

. . . . . .

A few minutes later, Waltz was cantering his way back to his love, the large bird dangling from his mouth with its head hanging at a very odd angle.

"My dear Lady Summer, I have retur--" The twilight colored buck spoke around the bird's neck, only to stop suddenly at the sight before him.

The bird fell from his mouth. His eyes filled with hurt at a scene he had seen far too often in their time together. The buck gave a sigh and stepped forward slowly.

"I am back," Waltz murmured, his eyes holding tightly to those of his Lady Summer, trying very hard to ignore the presence of the radiantly white buck beside her.

Amorpheous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:29 am
The discomfort that she was feeling eased and her thoughts seemed to settle the moment Waltz came up to her and her smile was easy and free, bright like the setting sun and when she met his eyes, she visibly relaxed. It took her a few moments to even realize he had brought back a bird. Her gaze flickered down to it, but after all the churning thoughts she had had, she was less hungry than before. She came forward and gently pressed her nose to his ear, greeting him. "Sir Shadow."

Eyes going down to the large bird again, "Thank you."

It was only after these few long moments that her thoughts returned back to Thunder, thoughts of him having fled once Waltz had entered the clearing. She wasn't so sure she would agree to anything Thunder asked of him, except maybe to be a guide for a little while, but it seemed that was little on his mind and especially with her dear Sir Shadow here, eyes so sad, she didn't know how long he would wait, he had waited so long. Looking at Thunder, she smiled, but it was not so bright as the smile she gave Waltz and some of her churning thoughts showed as concern on her face as she made introductions, "Thunder, this is Dances with Shadows, Sir Shadow, this is Distant Thunder."

Then she paused, unsure, especially now, though she had easily made the decision before, how to continue.

Maxx D

Blinded By Silence

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:39 am
"Well met, Dances with Shadows." Thunder started brightly, then paused to take in the sight of them standing around delicately and the meaning behind their awkward looks.

Ah, how could he so foolish? Of course it would be the case.

"I see!" He stated with a broad smile, feeling, finally, in the loop. "Naturally dear lady Starburst, with her beauty and gentle nature, would be under the care of a stallion. And you, good man, are her's! I see, I see indeed." He thoughtfully stood solidly on his hooves, tapping a leg briefly and finally nodded towards the darker buck. "May I ask permission then, for her most gracious affections should she find me worthy of granting them to? I would not force her into such a decision, no," he straightened up, his strong shoulders poised formally. "So please have no concerns on that aspect." Thunder really did not doubt he wouldn't succeed, but it was best to have it approved. It was unpredictable how stallions behaved sometimes - he learnt that as a colt.

Amorpheous

Blinded by Silence
Sorry for the slight change in plot, Morphy, Blinded! I was reminded that since he's from the plains and a total dork he would think of Waltz as her stallion, like the groups that the plains Kiokote travel in. It doesn't change what happens very much, so I hope it's alright!

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff