Submit

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Secluded in the shadows of a great willow, resting beneath the gently moving fronds, a young doe lay hiding. From what, you ask? The peering eyes that followed her every hoof-step. From the females who want to talk and chat. From the males that want for her. This was her place, the only place where she could let down her defenses and remove that friendly smile that made her jaw ache.

Distorting the Light lowered her head and relaxed, letting herself sink into the tall grass that almost completely hid her bright colour-speckled pelt.

Alone at last.

Or at least, so she thought.

Dresdon Highsmith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:49 pm
A young Buck walked carefully along his well beaten path, a path towards witch his favorite food awaited him. As he walked to the clearing where young green shoots of red clover covered the ground in a think blanket of green leaves and red flowers.

However this kimeti saw only a blur of color, he being mostly blind by a haze of cataracts across his eyes. His sense of smell greatly enhanced from his disability he smelt the flowers strong sent and began his bountiful graze.

however as he began a small tingle entranced him, this tingle, this feeling, this odd thought as if someone or something was close by.

He looked up and caught a quick glimpse of colorful movement across the field in the long uneaten grass of the clearing.

What was this that had brought his attention from eating, a kimeti or animal of some sort? He finished his mouth full of bright blossoms and greens and slowly quietly trotted his way towards the colors. They were moving away from him.

As he came upon them the slipped into a shadow of greens and browns, the wind blew a faint smell across him, the scent of a female wafted the passages of his nose. She did not know he was there; he slowly lowered himself into the thick grass and moved his way towards the pleasant sent. Not more than ten feet ahead of him was this kimeti, her colorful pattern striking him in his world of greens and browns.  

Dresdon Highsmith

Greedy Fatcat

3,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Trader 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Mirage was just about to surrender to a much needed rest when the wind suddenly changed direction. Instantly, her hunter's nose caught the scent of buck. In that same instant, her body froze so completely that even her silky fur refused to be tickled by the breeze. Her upper lip curled, exposing her sharp teeth that clenched tightly, trapping the growl that threatened to erupt from her.

How stupid she was to think she was safe even here, in the far reaches of the swamp. Now she'd have to go find a new hiding place.

With a silent sigh, she shook the stone from her fur and turned to face the male, her face as perfect and pleasant as a cold, porcelain mask. She lifted her eyes to him and batted her lashes, positioning herself just so in order to seem harmless, inviting.

"Hello there. May I help you?" She asked softly, sounding as if she were truly interested and not seething. Stupid bucks and their constant need for attention.

Dresdon Highsmith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:05 pm
As suddenly as the breeze moved across him it changed, it wafted his strong scent threw the air and into the nostrils of the doe. She froze, rigged, as if seeming to turn to stone. He could feel the air fill with a sense of uneasiness.

The bright colors of her pelt wavered and moved until a small gleam of eyes looked at him. A few words came out of her mouth but he could not hear them, he was too distracted by her bright colors. "So sorry to intrude on your most needed rest, but I was grazing on those wonderful clovers ways over there. I was wondering if you would wish to join me in its bountiful harvest."  

Dresdon Highsmith

Greedy Fatcat

3,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Trader 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Mirage's mask held true, even though she wanted to gag. Of course, another buck looking for a piece of tail. Well, she was not going to let that happen, that's for sure. So, with a kind smile and a faked sigh, she declined.

"Oh, that is just so sweet of you, but I'm afraid I must be returning home. It is getting dark and my colts are waiting for their mother." She lied through her dazzling smile before turning away and trotting off into the darkening wild edge of the swamp.

Dresdon Highsmith
Blarg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 pm
As she spoke, he sighed knowing that he had been declined. However he knew she had lied about the colts, he could tell by the way she held her self and spoke. "I am sorry to hear that you have declined my gracious offer, however may I ask if I shall ever see your wonderful colors with in my world of greens and browns again?"

He had never seen such color before; he wished to be near it for many more times to come. However he knew that she may decline and so he prepared for what she was to say in return.  

Dresdon Highsmith

Greedy Fatcat

3,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Trader 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Mirage gave her ears a twitch and mentally rolled her eyes. Batting her eyelashes she stepped forward, brushing her muzzle along his neck gently.

"Colors can be found everywhere you look," She whispered in his ear with a chuckle, "Even in the darkest of places, if you just look hard enough."

Mirage turned away from the blind male, allowing her tail to caress the slope of his jaw, before bounding off in the direction of the setting sun. Darting between the trees, the doe let her mask fade, her cold, and now irritated, glare returning to her eyes.

Ugh! That buck was so obnoxious. His eyes looked off. And he spoke oddly. His markings were interesting enough though. Mirage couldn't shake the strange buck from her mind. She found it very distracting. So distracting, it seemed, that she didn't really pay attention to where she was going. Not until her hooves fell out from under her and the startled doe plummeted into a very large hole left by the roots of a fallen tree. Mirage let out a strangled cry as her hoof twisted in a painful direction.

Dresdon Highsmith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:23 pm
As he stood there shocked by the grazing of her tail a whisper leapt threw the woods. Something was wrong he could feel the air vibrate with a thousand needles; a scream rang into his ears. This scream was one of his own, the doe from just a moment ago, something was wrong.

A flutter of his heart and a leap into the air he sprang quickly in the direction of the scream. The pounding of his hooves and heart where all he could here. He ran as fast as his legs would move, suddenly the ground became darker and he came to a stop. A hole in the ground was before him and from within came the sounds of a whimpering doe. The hole was deep but he knew he could get out if he could get in, we careful walked around the hole looking for a way to walk down. “Hello, are you ok!? It is I the one from before, I heard your cry’s and came to help. What has happened?" he said while slowly, carefully making his way down the steep slope.  

Dresdon Highsmith

Greedy Fatcat

3,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Trader 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Mirage was breathing heavily, her exhalations weighed down with pain. The swamp had plunged into darkness, her eyes flashing wildly in the dimming twilight. Shock clouded her mind. She squirmed, trying to get to her hooves, but slipped in the mud when her obviously broken foreleg crumpled under her weight. Another cry tore from her lips as she curled up in the muck, her eyes filled with fear and pain slowly rolling back as she went unconscious. Because out here, in the darkest parts of the swamp, if you couldn't fight or run, you were dead.

Dresdon Highsmith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:21 pm
As the sound of a collapsing body echoed through the hole, he came upon her. Her colorful pelt smeared with the muds dirty browns. He leaned closer to her mouth, still breathing he sighed in relief.
Using his head to push the hurt doe on to his back, slowly nudging until she was placed. He walked out of the mud and as carefully as he could up the dredged slope until solid ground touch his mudded hooves. The smell of water tickled his nose and he began to walk towards it. Quickly coming to a small creek, its noises and flashes of blue almost hypnotizing, he lay the wounded down and cleaned her, waiting for her to awake.  

Dresdon Highsmith

Greedy Fatcat

3,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Trader 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:12 pm

The broken doe lied still for quite some time. Unbeknownst to her, the moon had risen and now hung high and proud above their heads, shining through the canopy. When her eyes flickered open, she found herself dry, soft grass tickling her face which was no longer sticky and encrusted with mud. Suddenly it felt as though ten Kin were bringing their hooves down on her front leg. Mirage bit her tongue to keep herself from crying out, for, by the heat that radiated behind her, she knew she was not alone.

Dresdon Highsmith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:18 pm
As the sun set and the moon had risen the doe had not yet awaken. To his eyes heaviness had taken, tired he brought himself to lie next to the doe. Her warmth relaxed his aching muscles. As the moon rose higher and higher she had still not yet awakened, sleep took him and his eyes closed.
All thou he was only to be awakened by movement against him. Finale the doe stirred he lifted his head to see if she was fine. Awaiting what would happen when she finally turned to look at him, he patiently waited.  

Dresdon Highsmith

Greedy Fatcat

3,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Trader 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:25 pm

The white doe did not even have to turn to know who was behind her. His scent was everywhere, a calming mist right after the rain. She tried to reassemble her fallen mask, but was far to weary. Instead, she sighed and closed her eyes.

"Why?" was all she could manage at the moment.

Dresdon Highsmith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:30 pm
"'why' would i save you." he said almost as quickly as the word mumbled out of her mouth. "why would i leave one as beautiful as you to die? it is not so, it is not your time." he said in a calming soothing voice. "must i answer a question in which you must all ready know the answer too?"  

Dresdon Highsmith

Greedy Fatcat

3,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Trader 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Mirage's eyes closed harder. She would not open them, not to see him looking at her with those strange, mysterious eyes. So, she took a deep breath and exhaled, gathering the strength to will the pain to hide beneath her mask as it always did. Carefully, she struggled to her hooves, only to slip and land back in the grass. She was exausted. Her mask was gone. Defeated, she sighed.

"What is it that you want, buck." She said harshly, keeping eyes on the grass.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff