Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Day of Silence Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's more awesome?
  Stickers
View Results

Emo Kuromi Nui

Everyday Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:30 pm
Woot first post!!! (topic....)
Anyways I don't know if and were this was discussed but...
who's participating in Day of Silence? I can't put a link because of this pc so sorry....  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 pm
I'd like to participate. I usually intend to, and then forget what's going on when the date actually rolls around. Maybe I'll set and alarm or something for myself, so I'll remember this year. owo;  

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

xXxAutumnxLeafxXx

Shirtless Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 pm
Next friday. i'm doin it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 pm
i am, and am probably going to be taking part in organizing it at my high school

and here's a link

http://www.dayofsilence.org/

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

Stars Flying

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:48 pm
Coincidentally, I don't have school that day because it's our community work day. I'll still be participating though. There's always swim practice.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:24 am
Unfortunately, my work requires me to talk. So, no, I will not be participating. I shall be there in spirit though~  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:29 am
lgtenos
Unfortunately, my work requires me to talk. So, no, I will not be participating. I shall be there in spirit though~

This.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:11 am
I took part it in my freshman year in high school, and forgot every year after that.

i don't think there were enough participants in my high school for the day of silence to actually be effective. The thousand-something kids weren't really paying attention to the fist-full of kids who weren't talking.  

Hashtagihateit

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:26 am
I'm taking part in it this year.

Off topic though: Does anyone know when Day of Purple is?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 am
I'm doing it. Last year I got picked on for doing it though which pissed me off but the substitute in that class stood up for me which was really cool because he was this older guy and was really quiet.  

Carolina_K_Jones

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Team Jacob 100

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 am
i might be able to....but then again i might not because i have a speech class on that day ( xd oh the cruel irony)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:57 pm
I dont have fu**ing school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, the only day i actually want school, there isnt school confused . FFFfff rant. I still probably will participate, but the only thing it will really do is further convince my parents that i am a lesbian. emo  

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm
I don't know about the day of silence, but I can wear purple or something, though that might be for a different day. Nobody where I live would know anything and they always buy me purple stuff anyways. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 am
this year i beleive its 4/20/12 and im so doing it : DD  

Anthony On Sega

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

heylookdixs

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:01 am
My school's very accepting and supporting of DOS. A lot of students actually are supportive, very excited even, but last year I may have tripped or stepped on some underclassmen-homophobes, hehe. >w<
Unfortunately, with the loss of my creative writing teacher, who happens to have been the teacher that heads our GSA, the club's been... well, I don't even know. From my impression, they've disbanded or atleast aren't working hard, so I'm a little worried about how or if it'll be organzied well this year, if at all. Just in case, I have a shirt I made for it, and I could always grab a ribbon, if I have to, to be a speaking supporter, though I always participate in silence.
I'm still excited, anyways~!  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces