Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]
[EVENT] Hide and seek - Open! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Usafi Tukufu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 am
User Image

Nobody had any idea where the cubs had come from - They'd just shown up on the temple doorstep, left behind by some unknown patron. Tiny, helpless, they all clung to each other. No parents, no family, not even names. With nowhere to live, nobody to care for them, Shakuntala, a new leopard in the colony, took them in as her own... Except this proved a problem, because they took full advantage of her memory troubles(While better, they're still not their BEST). And now... They've gone missing!

Welcome to the first Usafi event in a while! I'll tell you how this is going to work in a moment, but first I need to lay down some ground rules smile

1. These cubs MUST remain in the colony! No exceptions, sorry!
2. You may use a leopard(Current member, new member, or passing leopard), a familiar, or an NPC animal - The only limit on that is no elephants, and no gorillas. The leopards aren't about to let an elephant into the temples(They're afraid they may not FIT, for one...), and they're a bit testy about gorillas. Sorry!
3. If you're using a leopard, it's a limit of one per person being used there. Wanna keep it fair smile Screw 'fair', at this point the CUBS aren't playing fair xd ; Go for using multiples now! If you've got a JOINING leopard, I'd be happy to count this as your JRP wink *
4. To win a cub, you have to match the numbers EXACTLY - Order DOES count, and you'll see why in a moment!
5. Remember that these cubs will be raised in the Usafi way, so that means no hybrid litters!

* a good rule of thumb for that is to, at minimum, make each post 100 words. Next thing you know, you'll have five posts, and thus 500 words! I use Word Count Tool for this, myself!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:30 am
The name of the game is seek and find! You'll be using this search area to try and find the cubs:

User Image

Not very big, is it? That's because they're cubs - They fit in small places, so they can hide REALLY well! I bet you're wondering how you're going to be finding them... Well...

You see the numbers up the side and across the top? Those are rows and colomns! And here's what you do with them:

arrow You make a post with something simple in it, like a ~ or an emote
arrow When you make said post, you will roll two 20-sided dice
arrow The first die will be the row, the second will be the colomn!
arrow You will then go back and edit the post with your leopard(Or familiar, or NPC-type animal) searching that spot, and if they found a cub or not
arrow Don't worry, I'll tell you in a moment which cub is under which spot!

Usafi Tukufu

Usafi Tukufu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:35 am
So about those prizes...

User Image

Cute, aren't they? In order from left to right, they are under spots:
Stripes - 14, 2 18, 7
Bling Bling Boy - 9,7 8,4
Paaank - 20, 11 18, 6
Taste the Rainbow - 12, 1 7, 17

Yeah, don't ask me how the boys are hiding in plain sight, they're just TALENTED like that ~ Or maybe they're in holes - That part's up to you!

None of these cubs are related! But one of them IS related to SOMEONE(Just not in the colony) ninja That one I'll discuss with the winner in PM, and it won't be revealed until I get... Well, something that'll become less secret next customs... Then you might figure it out xd I will only say that she's the only one who shouldn't be seer-rolled ninja

Edit - One last thing I forgot xd These lovelies WILL need formal JRPs(But you can use this for the JRP - Just remember the 5 post dealie!), and they were colored by Safaia heart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 am
User Image

She was in a panic - They cubs she'd been trusted with were MISSING. The leopardess, much recovered from her injuries and ordeals, turned over rocks and shoved leaves aside as she searched. When nothing turned the cubs up, she began to hyperventilate. Oh, what would she do?! What was she going to tell the leaders?! Sayen had TRUSTED her! She sat down, reaching up and pulling her face down a bit with her paws and claws. And then, just as suddenly, a calm started to come over her. She could ask for help... She could ask others for help! She was in a colony, full of leopards, and they'd be able to help her find the cubs!

The leopardess, marked in greens, browns, and blues, found a tree and scaled it. With a good vantage point, she looked out over the jungle she could see, trying to spot the tell-tale pelts of her fellow leopards. When she didn't see any right away, she took a breath and let out a roar, calling for help in the strained sound. She just hoped somebody would answer...

Usafi Tukufu

Buffy_the_Bloody rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 12 Total: 27 (2-40)

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 am
User Image

Grimm had been wondering unusually close to another clan's lands when he had heard the call. It was unlike him to be out this way, but he figured it had been for a reason. The male liked to think of himself as someone who would rescue damsels in distress, and fight off all evil doers. Rarely did anyone get the best of him.

The frightened call made him perk his ears, and he lifted his head as he scanned for who had made the call. Unseeing anyone, he let out his own roar, hoping to see what he could do.  
Tanakako rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 6 Total: 26 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:04 am
User Image

He had no ides why he was out here, hunting down the missing cubs, except that with Fu gone, he hd discovered something called ‘time’ and had found he disliked having quite so much of it. So any distraction that presented itself that didn’t require close interaction with the pard, was welcomed, or as much as the silent, ghost of a leopard could welcome anything.

Criss-crossing the trails and pathways he knew better than his own scent, he methodically went back and forth around the area where the cubs had been spotted, or at least where one cub was thought to have been spotted. He did pick up a scent but when he followed it, he only found an empty spot beside a rock where it seemed a few bits of fur still rested. But no cub... He moved on.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Chobi_Chocobo rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 20 Total: 31 (2-40)

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:05 am
User Image

Caius had been out and about on his own. He'd become separated from his older brother and had given up looking for his old family all together. Now Caius just wandered about aimlessly. That was until he came across a female in distress. Cubs had gone missing and that was serious! The leopard jumped on the chance to search for the missing cubs. The leopard nosed behind some brush only to find his first efforts were proven fruitless , however. The leopard gave a dissatisfied grunt. It was pretty embarrassing and shameful to fail at things in front of a female who needed help.  
wooga Paes rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 am
Mkichaa was not quite the sort to get involved in this sort of thing, because she was usually far too busy. But yesterday she had abandoned Zao and flown off. Of course she would go back, eventually, but he still hadn't given in to her undying love, and that just made the bird mad. What was his problem? Was it just because he was a lion?! Weeeirdo! They were perfect for each other! Geez, what a jerk.

...Anyways, she had been perched near the temple when the commotion all started, and had fluttered over closer to figure out what was happening. After finding a nice little perch, she focused on a... leopardess. Or something like that. Frankly, all these big cats looked the same. Except Zao. Zao was beaaautiful!

But really, what was going on?

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Tisiphone rolled 2 20-sided dice: 2, 11 Total: 13 (2-40)

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:11 am
Sedna was a flighty bird, she'd found her way into some sort of leopard establishment, and they were missing some of their young. The bird didn't mind much letting young go, she dumped her own hatchlings into other's nests so that she did not have to raise them; but leopards - mammals were different, they needed to be taken care of.

So wanting to just be a bit helpful, Miss Sedna peered around the area she was, "I don't see anyone over here," she chirped.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:11 am
As soon as she heard the call, Shakuntala roared back, then climbed from the tree. As she hurried through the jungle, she soon found herself on the leading steps in front of the temple. It was there she spied a gray leopard, as far as she could tell just passing on through. When she got closer, the fear became clearer in her eyes. "Excuse me, could you help me? There's these cubs... I was watching them, taking care of them..." She looked around, raising one paw as her tail swished under her. "I can't find them, they're missing!"

She noticed Caius and a couple others, pleading the same case, trusting that more eyes would mean the cubs would be found faster, though she was sure they'd already caught it. Her fretting only got worse as the cubs failed again to turn up, and she began to search again, moving bushes and looking in holes in trees. Where could they have GONE!?

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Buffy_the_Bloody rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 20 Total: 21 (2-40)

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 am
He waited a moment, and sure enough the sound came to his ears. She had roared in return, and so he decided to wait where he was. It didn't take long for him to see the leopardess. He leapt off one of the steps the temple had allowed him to stand on.

A chance to do some good? Well that was surely a welcome adventure. His face took on a serious look and he nodded.

"Why of course!" He said, and his eyes began searching the areas around them.

"Ohh Cuuuubs." He called, it was clear he was unused to searching for children..

"None here, I don't think.." He said, frowning.  
Syrius Lionwing rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 4 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:19 am
User Image

The little bird fluttered over head, she didn't usually float about in the shadows, but the strange temple like structure had attracted her. plummeting to the ground the yellow bird landed upon a mouse and quickly ate it. Her watery deep green eyes flickered around spotting all of the leopards trotting about. Clicking her beak she shakes her head, she wondered if these leopards were chasing mice too, it certainly seemed like a good place for mice to be.

She decided, that yes, they were definitely out looking for mice, they were good to eat after all.

Syrius Lionwing

Chobi_Chocobo rolled 2 20-sided dice: 2, 15 Total: 17 (2-40)

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:23 am
More help had arrived which was a good thing. Cubs going missing was a serious matter. The blue striped leopard wasn't about to let cubs just stay hiding... at least Caius hoped they were only hiding. Him and his brother had played games like this before and were always punished for such childish behavior. It made a lot more sense why he had been punished now that he was on the other end of things.

"Do they disappear often?" He questioned as he nosed behind some more brush. Cubs would be cubs after all but it was helpful to know they were only hiding if this was a common thing.  
wooga Paes rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 2 Total: 9 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 am
Even though avians were known for good eyesight, not ears, she still managed to find a close enough perch to the pair of leopard just in time to hear what was going on. Oh, these sillycats had misplaced their chicks! How dumb of them. She resovled to fly away that instant, when Mkichaa saw another avian on the floor, looking like it wanted to help them.

She was a very silly bird, and she was also a very jealous bird. The result, she felt jealous and competitive for the most ridiculous reasons. She wouldn't just sit by and let this other bird be all... nice, and stuff! So with a little bird-like huff, she dove down towards the first spot she could find. It didn't seem like a very busy, good to hide spot, but she still looked around it anyways. "Not here!" The avian chirped loudly.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas