Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
coming out stories Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheGoobler

Greedy Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 pm
out of curiosity, what is your coming out story?
you don't have to tell the whole story if you don't want to.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:34 pm
My boyfriend outed me to my friends, they already we're suspicious of me, but he confirmed it to them. (long story short, I was depressed I wasn't pick up my phone, my bf got worried I had harm myself, so he sent them a message asking them to check on me to see if I was ok)
then I had to tell my parents, beacuse I was tired of lying to them and everybody else.  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Pink Slowpoke

Liberal Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:09 am
I had spent the Christmas holidays in an out of every manner of medical institution about my heart palpitations (all A-Okay now) and when I got back something about me just changed, holding in that I was gay was just so exhausting, I figured of all the things that could kill me, this won't. So I grabbed one of my friends in halls who was a Lesbian and whilst she was doing some work on my laptop I told her, out of the blue. Honestly my heart was going 110 miles and hour, but after I said "I'm Gay" The feeling stopped, my heart stopped palpitating the second those words came out of my mouth.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:43 am
I was on facebook talking to one of my friends and i told her that i was gay so the next day at school she told my friend who ive known since i was two and they were both fine with it so they asked if i wanted to tell everyone else at lunch that day so i said yea and now everyone knows im gay at skool  

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Versatile Hunter

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:52 am
I was outed in 8th grade by this girl in my class. By the same time tomorrow everyone was talking about it. By the same time next year I didn't give a s**t.

I'm not out to my parents, but if they don't know they must be dense. I never talk about relationships or being attracted to anyone, let alone females.

I don't acknowledge relationship questions, and if it has anything to do with any sort of sexuality I just leave the room.

I'm pretty open about my sexuality with other people though, that's not to say that I bring it up in every conversation.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:20 am
Mainly like this:
Came out in November 2008 as a lesbian
Came out a year later as transgender male

Mom has not accepted this whatsoever even though I don't talk about it often now. She is starting to come around, but ends up doubting me.  

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

sweet goddess 808

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:55 am
it was first outed when i was in the like the 4th or 5th grade when i first found out tht i was bisexual. I had been hiding my curiousity for quite some time and when i finally figured out what it was i couldn't hold it in anymore so i told my step dad one day just out of the blue and he was okay with my mom still has no idea but atleast my step dad does i finally had let it out only a few of all my friends know. I'm guessing about half the skool know as well. I'm ok with it now since i'm much older now i'm 18 now and have a wondersul gf we been together for about 4 years now. Just thought i'd put tht out there lol  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:57 am
To my sister:
Me: I'm Transgender.
Her: I'm touched.

To my mom:
Me: I'm Transgender.
Her: Oh... Whats that?
Me: I feel that I am a girl.
Her: Oh okay.

and yet I am scared of coming out to my dad.  

FR03Y

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 am
i have two

one was to my aunt and uncle, who are like my parents. i told them through a letter to them left on the table in the morning before they went to work. it was a nice reception to the news, but since then the subject has been avoided and passed off as a phase........that was two years ago and if anything, i'm more sure of myself as gay than before

the other was to my friends. essentially it was a open-and-shut answer. they asked, i answered truthfully. didn't really care who knew, and i didn't feel it was something worth bothering to go around telling everyone about. and so far, haven't really lost any friends that i've missed too much. it's a slow and steady process, like news going around that isn't too important, and i'm glad it isn't treated as too important, because i don't think it is

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:39 am
not gonna menton the whole story but...i told my parents they r extreame catholics so they kicked me out i told my friends now they hate me and beat the crap outta me  

loving kitten luna

xX_Miss_Puppet_Xx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 am
Well. I started realizing I was attracted to girls at a very young age. When I began to realize what that meant, I panicked, because I grew up in a very strict fundamentalist religion in which being anything but heterosexual was one of the greatest sins you could commit. Then my older brother came out, and was not allowed to even enter the property or call. By the age of 12, I was completely disgusted with myself. I remember thinking "Okay. No. I guess I'm bi. There's no way I don't like boys. I have to. I have to get married and have kids and stay in this church." I also remember, though, having strong feelings about how there's nothing wrong with other people being gay. It only wasn't okay for me. So., I fought it. And it was freaking hard. When I was 17, I moved up to Washington, far away from my mother and her church. I started dating a guy...my first "boyfriend"...It took one day for me to realize "Yea....uh no. There's not a single physical aspect about this I like." I waited a month, to make sense of everything. I was still freaking out, because, of course, I felt that it wasn't okay for ME to be gay. So I told my older sister, and she and her family were super supportive. So I broke up with the poor sap, and came out over FaceBook. My mother hates me even more, I have yet to actually be able to be with a girl and have a girlfriend, I still deal with feeling disgusting sometimes, but, all in all, coming out was the greatest decision I've ever made.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:28 pm
I told everything to my parents a week ago. sweatdrop They were kinda surprised, but they said they like me the way I am.

I won't come out of the closet totally for now, though. I'm still young. lol  

Sajjue

Sparkly Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Wall Street 200

On_A_Cold_Stormy_Night

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:03 pm
Now this is when i told my sister: One day me and my sis were sitting on my couch watching tv and we were talking about gay's and how they were my sis was alright with it so i was going to tell her but i played a guessing game with her..i told her the word started with an L...e....s...eh...she still didnt know and i told her the meaning and she did not know what that ment...so i told her...she looked at me and said.....You don't look like one..i punched her in the shoulder and she said it was ok..it wasn't a big deal.Good sis cat_3nodding

This is when i told my mother: I thought about this day for a long time and well i wanted to tell her at a healthy age...i was afraid she would have a heart attack so i played the guessing game with her and after all those guesses she told me....Do you think you are gay? I kept stuttering and dropped the subject and told her that i wasn't ready to tell her....so we dropped for weeks and she kept telling me what you dont trust me? Come on are you? So i gave up and told her and she said ok and i told her your not going to hit me? She said no...you are my daughter....I love you no matter what....besides my sister is gay so i know how it works and it's ok.I was literely flinching because i thought she would hit me.... cat_xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:29 pm
I've known I was at least bi for a few years now, probably before I even started dating girls. I Came out to my mom just last week with help from you guys. I won't be openly gay untill the Summer when I move, so when I get to a new city and school I can start dating. I haven't come out to any other family members, yet. I will by next year, though.

Werblergerble

2,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

breeze0910

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 pm
Well all my friends know I'm a lesbian and it's pretty obvious. I'm real open about it now.
I came out to my mom a couple weeks ago when I was drunk lol
And my dad walked in on me and my ex gf 3 years ago so he knows but he doesn't accept it!  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff