Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasia ~ A Disney Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussion on Disney movies and relating subjects. 

Tags: Disney, Animation, Fantasia, Mickey Mouse, Disneyland 

Reply Disney Discussion
Disney College Program Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

netherfreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:05 pm
Ok, so I had to post something here. I applied for the Disney College Program for Disneyland in CA today. I got through the online interview and I will have my phone interview scheduled tomorrow. I'm super excited! I wanted to ask if anyone on here has done the program before or is applying/pending/accepted for Fall 2012. If you've done it before, PLEASE post tips! If you're in the second category, please post below about you're experiences thus far (how long have you been waiting? What did they ask you on the phone interview? etc etc). Also, if you are eligable for the program and haven't applied for it, look it to it. It sounds awesome. Thanks for reading my rant!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:32 am
Is this the one for being a Cast Member? Saw something online about it. I wish you much luck with this!

[Posting using this account due to noticing thread while on this one, rather than having to switch to main.]  

Mrs Dobbins

netherfreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:12 pm
Mrs Dobbins
Is this the one for being a Cast Member? Saw something online about it. I wish you much luck with this!

Yes, it's for working in the park as a cast member or in the hotels or in the downtown disney area too. It ranges from working attractions to retail to food service to customer service and pretty much everything. Thanks so much, I have my phone interview Wednesday and I need all the luck I can get. If I get accepted I'm seriously considering starting a vlog.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:16 pm
netherfreak
Yes, it's for working in the park as a cast member or in the hotels or in the downtown disney area too. It ranges from working attractions to retail to food service to customer service and pretty much everything. Thanks so much, I have my phone interview Wednesday and I need all the luck I can get. If I get accepted I'm seriously considering starting a vlog.

Ah I hope you get accepted! Getting to work as a Cast Member would be awesome. O_O I'd be very interested in reading about your experiences working for Disney if you do get accepted. I adore the parks.  

Mrs Dobbins

netherfreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:32 pm
Mrs Dobbins
Ah I hope you get accepted! Getting to work as a Cast Member would be awesome. O_O I'd be very interested in reading about your experiences working for Disney if you do get accepted. I adore the parks.

Aw, thanks. If I do get in, I'll probably either be doing attractions, retail sales, or park greeter. There are a lot of stuff online about people's experiences if you really wanna read about it. Just google disney college program experiences or something, there's tons to see.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 pm
netherfreak
Aw, thanks. If I do get in, I'll probably either be doing attractions, retail sales, or park greeter. There are a lot of stuff online about people's experiences if you really wanna read about it. Just google disney college program experiences or something, there's tons to see.

Ah okay, might check that out at some point.

And it would be amazing to work at one of the attractions. o_O  

Mrs Dobbins

netherfreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:39 pm
Mrs Dobbins

And it would be amazing to work at one of the attractions. o_O

I know right?! It's my first pick. It's also the most popular. Lots of people do the photopass photography, too, which I think would be fun if I was any good at photography lol I just hope I get at least one of my top three if I do get in.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 am
netherfreak
I know right?! It's my first pick. It's also the most popular. Lots of people do the photopass photography, too, which I think would be fun if I was any good at photography lol I just hope I get at least one of my top three if I do get in.

Oh if you do get the attraction ones I wonder which one you'd be working at? Hmmm. What would be your ideal attraction?  

Mrs Dobbins

netherfreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 pm
Mrs Dobbins
Oh if you do get the attraction ones I wonder which one you'd be working at? Hmmm. What would be your ideal attraction?

They assign you to a specific land, not just one ride. I'd either want to work in Adventureland, Frontierland, or New Orleans Square. Tomorrowland would be cool too. Basically I don't want to work in Toon Town. Fantasyland would kinda suck too because of all the REALLY small children.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:32 pm
netherfreak

Oh okay, sorry I was just thinking along the lines of when Cast Members have specific outfits for the different attractions and such.

Anyhow those choices seem pretty good. Hope you get a land you like. ^_^  

Mrs Dobbins

netherfreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:52 pm
Had my phone interview tonight. I was shaking throughout the whole thing. I think it went really well though. I might make a video with the questions she asked to help people and whatnot and post it on youtube or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 am
netherfreak

Yeah that would be cool. I would of been really nervous too.  

Mrs Dobbins

netherfreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:06 am
I got my 'pending' email today. Basically this means I haven't been denied and made it to the final screening. Now I just wait until April 25 at the latest to know if I'll be in CA next semester or not. I'm soooo excited (in case I didn't mention in any of my previous posts lol) and can't wait to hear back. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 am
Oh cool; hope you get the job! Err... you know what I mean... yeah? XD Good luck!  

Mrs Dobbins

netherfreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:11 pm
So, since I haven't posted anything since March, I obviously didn't get in for Fall 2012. BUT I did apply again for Spring 2013 and I heard back yesterday that I GOT IN!! I'm super excited and can't wait for Jan 13th. I'm going to be there for 7 months as a custodial busser. WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!  
Disney Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff