Submit

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:56 am
The Voltieri Manner is a large, looming building that lays within the woods on the outskirts of a large village just a ways down the hill from Tiri's Tower. It stands almost taller than some of the trees, the composition on the home giving it the appearance of an inn almost. A brick base secures the sturdy structure of the otherwise log cabin styled estate. A door that's always open, a warm fire that always burns offers welcome to any weary traveller or hungry child.

In the manner lives two siblings, the last of the Voltieri clan, at least, until their young come of age.

Strayel Violtieri - Mercer, surviving Lifemate of Angelus Mercer, daughter and blood descendent of the Voltieri family.
With her;
Adopted son,
Hawkins "Hawke" Alexandre Voltieri - Mercer
He chose to also take Angel's name with Straye's out of respect for the man who would have been his father.

The second of the siblings is her elder brother;
Razvan Voltieri, mate to Ivory Mercer - Voltieri, older sister of Angelus, and the last surviving member of her own family.
With these two;
Acheron Mercer - Voltieri.
He is their first, and so far, only child.

The family that lives within these halls is kind, warm, loving and accepting. Species or race or colour means nothing to them. Only another face of beauty. Always, their arms are open wide, waiting for another to enter their home and join their family.

The Voltieri Home houses homeless children, wayward travellers and even has a Roosting bard for lost owls and owls who are the familiars of a Meara without room for said companion.

At Present the family is; Dispersed.

Razvan is in the foyer, reading a book to Acheron and Hawke, telling them tails of lost treasures, pirates and angels who protect it with their familiars, fantastic Meara with the ability to take the form of a wild animal. The boys sit wide eyed, entranced by the rumbling baritone of the stallion and the tale he was weaving.

Ivory and Strayel sit side by side at the table in the kitchen, supper on the fire, fresh baked bread basted with melted newly churned butter and cloves of Basil and garlic sat cooling on an open windowsill while the women chattered away.

The women were deep in conversation about a play they'd gone to see a few days previous about a woman who loved a man so deeply that when he died a mysterious death she fought tooth and nail, disguised as a man, to find his killers and unearth them for the murderers they were, and when she had finally succeeded and had avenged him, grief finally took her life, allowing her to join him in the after life.

The story had hit especially close to home for Straye, whose own lifemate had been killed three years prior.

Cydern lay on the bench in the windowsill of an upstairs bedroom she was renting, scribbling away furiously in a loosely bound notebook. Duo Maxwell was in her thoughts, dancing with her muse, and her hands were barely keeping up with her thoughts.

The front door lay open, the smells of food, the sounds of laughter and the warm glow of joy and a welcoming fire bathing the outside world in contentment, beckoning those without a place to go.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:20 pm
Keeva walked up to the open door of the estate. She hadn't meant to wander this far and it was getting rather cold. "Hello? Did you know your door is wide open?" She inched inside because of the need of warmth.

Kyriana Razian

Devoted Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Raz closed the book and handed it to his son, standing in a single, smooth ripple of muscle. He made his way to the door, a fleece thro blanket in his hand as he approached the young mare. She was still a child in his eyes, not a baby, but not yet an adult. She shouldn't be out in the cold, especially in weather like this. He offered her a kind smile, warm blue eyes friendly. "Our door is always open. To everyone." he held out the blanket he had picked up and laid it in her arms, stepping back from the door. "Come on in hon. There's cocoa and tea in the kitchen, and there are warm rooms upstairs. I'm reading to the kids, you're welcome to listen in, if you want to."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:49 pm
Keeva smiled and pulled the blanket closer around her. "Thanks, m-my name is Keeva by the way." She walked farther into the large house and looked around. "Wow... seems like a nice place to live..."

Kyriana Razian

Devoted Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:02 pm
Raz's smile was sweet as he gazed down at her. He was a beast in height, unusually tall, even for an adult male mear.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Keeva. I'm Razvan. My wife Ivory is the pegasus in the kitchen, she's with my sister, the shorter female, Strayel, this is my son Acheron," he pointed at the young blue flurried pegasus, "My nephew Hawke," the purple pegasus, "And we have someone living upstairs. Her name is Cydern. She's very friendly. Everyone here is."

He welcomed her in and returned to the wooden stool he'd been sitting in, lifting his tail to avoid sitting on it as he lowered himself to it once more.

"Thank you for such a compliment. You're more than welcome to stay here." he told her kindly. "There certainly is no shortage of room."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:32 am
She stared up at him for a moment a bit daunted by his size. But he is nice, remember. She smiled and sat on the floor next to Acheron and Hawke. "It's nice to meet you and thanks." In all honesty she was tired of being on her own. Maybe she would stay here and in a way have a family too. She looked up at her host and smiled lightly before snuggling farther into the blanket to enjoy the story.

Kyriana Razian

Devoted Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:26 am
When she sat he smiled, and it even reached his eyes. Warm blue seemed to glitter with joy and life in this place. Acheron turned his pale gaze to her and he also offered her a smile. Hawke, from her other side beamed. She was welcome here and they were glad to meet someone new. Raz reopened the book. "It was uncertain when the pirates had arrived, all they knew was that it had been late night..."

As his voice rumbled on a female pegasus fluttered in from the kitchen with a tray of cocoa. She handed a glass to each young Mear in turn. She offered Keeva a smile and kissed the top of her head in welcome. After she departed a black, silver and lillac mare followed after her with a tray of cookies on plates.

She handed these out in turn and tussled Keeva's hair with a friendly smile. Both women returned to the kitchen, chatting quietly to each other. After a while even the golden hued one came down from upstairs to wave hello. She settled on the small wicker chair against the wall of the foyer, watching everyone with soft eyes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:19 am
Keeva smiled at the boys and began to relax. Then the pegasus, Razvan's wife if she remembered right, came into the room with mugs of hot cocoa. Just as she murmured her own thank you the woman kissed her head. She was busy staring after the woman when another female, who she could only guess was his sister, walked in with cookies and ruffled her hair. These people are really nice... but why are they so nice when they only just met me? I'm so confused. She nibbled on a cookie as she listened to the deep baritone of Razvan's voice trying to think of a possible reason why they were so kind. Another person came in then and sat in a nearby chair, Keeva barely noticed as she thought about this family. Maybe this is just how they are?

Kyriana Razian

Devoted Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 am
Cydern saw the confused gaze of the girl and covered her giggle politely. Soon enough Raz was ushering the boys to bed with promises of more sparring lessons the next morning. Cydern stood from her place on the couch. "This place... it might seem strange at first, but I promise, it's genuine. They're a family." she sat down beside the girl.

"From what I've heard, for awhile, it was just Straye living here, in this big home, all alone. Her husband was killed. It's been three years now, and this christmas she decided to adopt Hawke, she wanted someone to share the holiday with, and someone to share her home with. When she met Hawke's best friend Acheron, she learned her brother was in the city, looking for her."

She paused to sip her cocoa, waving goodnight as the mares from they kitchen headed to bed.

"She went to meet them and things just kind of went from there. They put their family back together and they got the estate cleaned up and made it a home for anyone, offering warmth, food and drink, and family to those without."

She grinned at the girl.

"Even if you're only visiting. I originally stopped in for the night, but I've been here two and a half weeks. I don't have plans to go anywhere right now, and everyone here genuinely makes me feel wanted. So, I stay."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:01 pm
"That is pretty intense..." They must be really close... Keeva turned her gaze to the fireplace and yawned. She would stay for a couple days and see how things went.

Kyriana Razian

Devoted Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:02 am
(Just so you know most of the links don't work)

Mint crawled up to the large house. The happy sounds and good smells had drawn her. She entered and looked around at the nearest objects. It didn't take her long to decide where she wanted to go. Mint cooed happily as she made her way across some soft carpeting.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:09 am
Cydern nodded in agreement. "Sometimes it can be. But it's intense in a good w--" She paused and listened. Had she just heard a... Coo? There were kids in the house, but none so young as to coo... "Did you hear that?"

For a moment she thought she might be crazy, then she heard something rubbing against the soft carpeting of the wool rug near the door and she turned her head, eyes quickly widening when she saw a small green pegasus. A baby Peggie had wandered into the house. How... Bizzarely adorable.

"Um.. Straye?" she called up the stairs. "Ivory?" this time she nearly squeaked. She liked kids and all, but, at a distance. She had this fear that if she touched a kid or a baby she'd break it. Put that down for her having been an only child, living alone for a long time.

Straye heard the alarm in the other woman's voice and she quickly rolled from her bed. Me or Ivory? she wondered as she made her way down the hall. Ivory was up a floor higher and probably didn't hear the squeaked plea from the younger woman. Straye trotted down the stairs to see what was wrong.

Shocked she stood at the bottom of the stairs. There is a baby on the rug. she couldn't help but think the obvious. A small smile crossed her face and she made her way to kneel beside the child. "Hello there," she said to the small thing. "What on earth are you doing out so late? And all by yourself. It's snowing out, you must be so cold!" she took a blanket from the stack on the chair beside the door and laid it on her lap, holding out open arms to the tiny child. "You want a blanket to warm you up little ones? I bet there's snow in your feathers."

Her voice was gentle, warm and sweet. She was maternal and she loved children, it was one of the reasons she had adopted Hawke.

Cydern went back to the teen age girl. "I'm going to head to bed, want me to show you where the available rooms are?"  

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:43 pm
Mint looked up from patting the soft carpet as a female voice called out. She gave the female a happy grin. It was nice here and the female was funny. Giggling she crawled a bit closer and reached her arms up waving her open hands. However it wasn't the first one she'd seen, but a second one that came down to her.

She burbled happily back to her new friends. " n'ooow?" She tried pronouncing the funny word. The proffered blanket looked delightful and Mint didn't hesitate to climb on. She smiled happily at both Straye and Cydern.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:05 am
"That's right! Snow!" she beamed at the little girl, scooping her up as Mint got into her lap on the blanket. She walked upstairs and grabbed the gentle wing brush she'd had made so she could tend to Hawke's wings to keep the feathers clean and straight.

She sat on a large cushion on the floor and gently unwrapped the child's small wings. She took a soft towel and dried the little one's hands, feet and hair before brushing any snow from her wings, drying these too in turn, before taking the soft and gentle brush to the surface of the downy soft wings of the baby pegasus. "Are you hungry little one?" she asked as she held her, brushing in long, easy strokes.

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200

Kyriana Razian

Devoted Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:20 pm
Keeva stared at the madness that ensued as the baby crawled into the house. It was positively freezing outside! It was a miracle the poor thing was still alive! She scrambled to her feet when the shock subsided. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff