2011 Holiday thread! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:23 pm
Just occured to me no one has posted about xmas yet. What if anything are you getting for your non human kids (human kids too if you have lol)

I did all my shopping for my kids today. I managed to spend ONLY $55. I got Cowboy a rubber kettlebell style ball. It's a giant rubber ball with a handle, so he can enjoy it in the snow and cold weather and I can throw it even with gloves on. And then he has to figure out how to pick it up by then handle, so that should be cool. His aunt got him a GIANT teddy and I will film him freaking out when he opens that.

I got both boys a TON of canned food. Both boys also getting free samples of stuff from the pet show in their stalkings, managed to save a bit of money that way and 12 bucks with my staff discount.

Rascal is getting a new collar, his purple collar is an insult to his manlyness. I also got Cowboy some bones, tendons and other chew treats. I feel a bit guilty after getting Rascal such an amazing gift last year and just a collar this year but he's so frigging difficult and I don't want to waste money on something he won't play with. At least with food I can't go wrong!

As for the rats, tomorrow I attempt to find mini stalkings, cause I'm crazy like that. I got them some fruit&veggie dog treats and each a veggie bone. Their auntie got them a "bird cabob" and omg I still have to make their xmas tree!

I'm getting a divider for the fish tank as well and some better fish food, so hopefully all my fishies will be happy with that.

And everyone (except the fish) gets their gifts wrapped. Cowboy and the rats love to unwrap gifts, and well, Rascal likes to get gifts, unwrapped for him lol. He likes the surprise but is too lazy to open it himself.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:28 pm
I haven't done any shopping at all yet (whoops) I really need to get stuff for the family but have no clue what to get them. As far as the dogs go Abby got the extra classes(more so for me I guess) hopefully possibly a new collar(I would love a collar mania collar) Bo will probably get some as close to indestructible toy that I happen across. Josie will get maybe a toy or some treats. I have like no money though so we'll see  

Animelover955

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:44 pm
Animelover955
I haven't done any shopping at all yet (whoops) I really need to get stuff for the family but have no clue what to get them. As far as the dogs go Abby got the extra classes(more so for me I guess) hopefully possibly a new collar(I would love a collar mania collar) Bo will probably get some as close to indestructible toy that I happen across. Josie will get maybe a toy or some treats. I have like no money though so we'll see

Yeah, same here, that's why can food is going in their stalking, it's still fun to get as a gift but it's something they need anyway, well Rascal especially, Cowboy more as a supplement. It's just hard to resist certain things when you work around them every day. Had my eye on some things for MONTHS and talk myself out of buying it all year so now I can justify it lol, but it goes on my visa, I literally have no money lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:02 pm
Bandit is getting a Kong. He's getting some treats to go in it in his stocking. He's also getting a part of a bully stick, tennis balls, and z-bones (these) in his stocking. I might get him a few other things for his stocking, lol.

Charcoal is getting one of these and a different attachment as well. she's also getting a couple different attachments in her stocking. She's getting a kitty kong from my parents.

I got Ekans a bigger water dish and she already has it lol.

I haven't gotten anything for Squirtle, Ace, my betta (I haven't named him yet ^^'), Country, Jonny, Tigger, Patches or Boots. I dunno what to get Squirtle, or my fish. I might get my fish some new silk plants. biggrin

I'll record Bandit opening his presents. I'll see if Charcoal will open hers, I've never tried with her yet. I'll record her just in case. XD I'll be sure to post the videos! biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:54 pm
Well.... I spent lots of money on just my parents.... Sooo not much for the pets.

The guinea pigs can't have anything for their cage, it's so freakin small. Working on getting them into a bigger one soon. But hopefully the christmas lunch and celebrations will be held outside (it's summer here), and then the boys will go into their outdoor pen on some fresh grass, will get some yummy food, and I will probably put newspaper in there and brown paper bags for them to run in and under and around.

Dogs? Well they will get a nice big raw bone (big in their eyes anyway), along with some chicken necks and liver, and any leftover that go their way. Deedee will just want attention and a comfy place to sleep. Sparky is getting a cheap rope and plush toy from the supermarket. It's a plush ball on the end of a rope, with a squeaker and is made for puppies, won't last that long, but the rope will and I'll take the squeaker when he gets it out and stick it in other toys. Plus they will have biscuits made for them when I get time.
There is a toy I reaallllly want for Sparky, but I will wait until April, his birthday. It's this longish, soft snake toy, but has sewn off sections all along it, at least 8, and each section has a squeaker. He loves soft toys with squeakers.

The chickens.... Wellll.... it's not like they will want much. Some cooked rice which they loooovvveeee, and vegetable and fruit scraps, And I will hose the bit of their yard near the gate a few times. They love it when they can drink from puddles, and on hot days don't mind being sprayed with water themselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:19 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
Bandit is getting a Kong. He's getting some treats to go in it in his stocking. He's also getting a part of a bully stick, tennis balls, and z-bones (these) in his stocking. I might get him a few other things for his stocking, lol.

Charcoal is getting one of these and a different attachment as well. she's also getting a couple different attachments in her stocking. She's getting a kitty kong from my parents.

I haven't gotten anything for Squirtle, Ace, my betta (I haven't named him yet ^^'), Country, Jonny, Tigger, Patches or Boots. I dunno what to get Squirtle, or my fish. I might get my fish some new silk plants. biggrin

I'll record Bandit opening his presents. I'll see if Charcoal will open hers, I've never tried with her yet. I'll record her just in case. XD I'll be sure to post the videos! biggrin

The mini z-bones are GREAT for rats. I should really try a reg sized one for my dog some day lol  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:00 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
CrissAngelLover12345

The mini z-bones are GREAT for rats. I should really try a reg sized one for my dog some day lol

I got Bandit one to see if he liked it and he loved it! biggrin

I want to get rats at some point. I'll remember that when I get some! biggrin

I forgot to mention that Bandit is getting a couple frisbees from my parents. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:14 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Animelover955

Yeah, same here, that's why can food is going in their stalking, it's still fun to get as a gift but it's something they need anyway, well Rascal especially, Cowboy more as a supplement. It's just hard to resist certain things when you work around them every day. Had my eye on some things for MONTHS and talk myself out of buying it all year so now I can justify it lol, but it goes on my visa, I literally have no money lol.

I have some money (right now like 30 bucks) set aside but im saving it for our next set of agility classes (since I will have to pay for that) and dog food. But just got 40 bucks for presents so I'll have to spend everything wisely. I'll probably get my ill sis a iTunes gift card and my other sis a DVD or something and something for my parents and what's left will go to presents for the dogs. I really need a job. So hopefully I'll get my license in a few weeks and I can finally apply since I'll be able to drive myself.

But I might be getting a new tunnel for Christmas which could technically be Abby's present because she loves tunnels now lol  

Animelover955

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:08 pm
I bought Dex and Finn each a new collar from Collarmania.com and a new bar id tag. Thats all I got them, but we are participating in 2 different secret santa things. so far they have gotten one package, in it came 2 kongs, 4 large skinneeezs, tennis balls, and a plethora of treats. We are still waiting on the second package.

Pixie got a collar and tag as well, and a bag of moist treats and a few kong kitty toys.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:24 pm
I got my brats and brabbit each a long treat chewy stick, the kind that look like they were made for birds, I got Chance a pack of toys, haven't gotten Cas anything yet, might not, he has mostly what he wants, maybe I will soak him some beet pulp for christmas breakfast, a nice big one lol  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:05 pm
Oh that reminds me, I'm making liver pancakes for all my furries christmas morning biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:34 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Oh that reminds me, I'm making liver pancakes for all my furries christmas morning biggrin
there is just not an emoticon to express my face at this X.x liver is STINKYYYYY lol does that include the rats?? lol  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:38 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
there is just not an emoticon to express my face at this X.x liver is STINKYYYYY lol does that include the rats?? lol

yup, the rats too. I won this liver flavored pancake ready mix. I just add milk, shake and throw it in the pan. So ima make mini ones for the rats.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:48 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Cowgirl-with-heart
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

yup, the rats too. I won this liver flavored pancake ready mix. I just add milk, shake and throw it in the pan. So ima make mini ones for the rats.
oooohhh haha I was imagining like either thin slabs of liver, OR like a pancake with chunks of liver xD  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:42 pm
We got Piper a Ferret thing that he grabbed out of the christmas bag and tried to play with. They pair got about 8-10 new fuzzy mice between them, and Annabelle got herself a new collar. The fish'll get a nice bloodworm breakfast and Lila will get as many veggies as she can stuff herself with, the little pig.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff