Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply Roleplay (dice)
[3.X/PF Midnight] The Spark of Hope <Recruit 0/6> Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:41 am
[ Character Sheets ]
  • 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

Midnight setting, using the Pathfinder rules. With minor modifications.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

The world is dying. Not by a sun, not by a lack of magic. But by a malevolent God, Izrador. The same God who caused the Sundering. The destruction of the connection between this world, and the multiverse beyond. The diety who seeks to destroy the last remnants of those whom may oppose him. The dwarves, elves, gnomes, and every "good" creature is in danger of becoming extinct to The Shadow. The dead do not stay dead. The Night Kings are terrors behind the countless armies under the rule of The Shadow. They live, thrive, and haunt the waking world with their dominance.

It is the Last Age of Eredane. Literacy, Magic, and weapons are illegal. Coin is mostly useless. The world is dying to a cruel overlord.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

In this dark, grim world, there are heroes rising and falling daily, while many are imprisoned for sacrifice or slavery. It is here that the story for many end, and for countless others, they're merely erased from the books of all of Eredane as merely a nameless number. Each number painfully branded the right and left shoulder of each captive member.

It is here that the the story begins, as mere slaves to an Elder Legate. For countless days now droves of servants like yourselves, and of countless other races he kept for either his pleasure, to breed his seed and continue his legacy, or to torment. Sometimes a combination of any, even to the mothers-to-be.
If they could not withstand him, they would never be worthy of Izrador.
However, one day when one of the servants came to wake him from his slumber, the man did not wake. He died within his sleep some time during the moon-less autumn night. Not long afterwards many of the servants fled the mansion, seeking their freedom. Trying to get as far away from the accursed place before word got out that the legate died. However, all was not as foreseen, forces of Izrador quickly reclaimed the building and order, restored back within the mansion.

Despite the Shadow's ever present eye within this region, unrest remain. The passing of the old power stirred up old feelings of rebellion, and gave hope to the enslaved. The enchantments holding every creature within against their will diminished the moment the Master's life force faded. While there remains many who simply cannot leave, be it for lack of will, strength of fortitude, or simply physically inept to leave the security of these walls, there still remains a small, tight knit group that wishes to try to reclaim their freedom, or fight to gain what they never had.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Everything under the Midnight setting, and most in the Pathfinder SRD, restricted only by Midnight's world. Paizo published, for the most part, are good to go as long as they don't have magic attached to them. Any other classes from other publishers must be passed by me first.
Home brew you must ask first, but do not expect acceptance.
Banned Resources: Anything not already mentioned, run everything else by me first.

ECL: 1
Gold VP:
Rolled, or average. Characters may begin play with weapons, armor, shields, adventuring gear, tools and skill kits, clothing, and/or anything granted by their racial descriptions. You will want to spend everything you can. The moment you begin the game you won't have a VP to your name. It's all in trading, bartering, and necessities.
Although much of the mansion shall have been raided from the fleeing slaves, each shall be able to find that much.
Races:
Stick to these races or if you find one on here that interests you. If you choose a race that's typically loyal to Izrador, I want an explanation why he's going against the grain. And no, I won't accept Drizz'ts.
Ability Scores:
4d6 best of 3, 6 times, with the ability to reroll once if your total modifier is +1, and/or your highest stat is a 14 OR 25 Point buy
xxxxxxxxxx
Hit Points:
To start with, all characters will begin with HP equal to your Constitution score plus 6.
Afterwards, upon each level each character shall roll one die equal to their hit die. Should the result be less than the character's Constitution Modifier then they may take that instead as their roll.

Alignments:
It's a gray system
Pantheon:
There are no Gods other than Izrador, The Shadow. Beings may pray and hope to the Gods long past, but they will not answer. The denizens of Eredane know this well. It has been many ages since The Sundering, and the day every God but Izrador has answered any being's call.
Backgrounds:
I love character fluff! But I don't like to read novels in a day. Keep your backgrounds like a skirt. Long enough to cover what's necessary, but short enough to keep me interested.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] All characters will start as a Level 1 Commoner, as written in Pathfinder. However, this one level will not count towards your total 20 levels, favored class, nor any class dependant restrictions, essentially this is level 0. At 500xp you will be able to garner your first level of your chosen class, at which point you will be able to gain all benefits noted on Page 8 of the Tome of Sorrows Vol 1.
2] We'll be using a variant for Massive Damage which shall consist of the following:
  • Massive Damage Threshold is equal to your constitution score plus 2 per hit die you have.
  • Upon taking massive damage you must make a fortitude save of DC 15 plus 1 per 5 points of damage beyond your threshold.
  • If you suffer from the effects of massive damage by failing your fortitude save, you roll 1d10, the result rolled becomes your current hit point total in the negatives.

3] I shall allow two traits via the Pathfinder rules, banning any that may give a free Masterwork weapon, or bonus gold. Any magical boons shall have to be passed by me first.
4] Every 4 HD instead of getting a +1 to one stat, each character gains a stat bonus to two separate stats.
5] Some modifications may be needed to bump the Midnight classes and races up to par with Pathfinder. I am willing to work with players whom are interested in doing such.
All changes will be listed below:
  • All skill rank gains from base races are cut by 1/4 due to conversion from 3.X to Pathfinder.
  • Erenlanders gain another +2 to any other stat not already selected by the existing racial modifications
  • Dorns a +2 to Constitution to continue with their strong, and large physique
  • Dwarves gain a +2 to Wisdom as per the Pathfinder racial modifications

6] For those that have it, you may roll either Craft or Profession once before the game in hopes of getting a desired item, or more "coin"/VP to spend. You get no rerolls, may not take 10 or 20.
7] Between pages 42 and 43 we shall be using the Armor Absorption, and Weapon and Armor Degradation rules.
8] In addition, we shall be using the Reputation rules, which also means we'll be using the despair rules, as stated within that site as well.

Any and all Midnight classes, races, feats, and character options may need to be bumped up to match the Pathfinder classes. I am willing to work with players to get them up to par

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:46 pm
I'M IN!!!  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:28 pm
I'll launch when I have 6 players whom I deem are correctly filled out, and completed. Any errors and I shall not include you within the list.

And short of getting the book yourselves, I really can't say much else.
I mean, there is this review by an excellent gamer. But other than that? I've given everyone the information they need.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:09 pm
I don't suppose there's any more information you can give us? The two sites that you gave only one of them actually appears to list the races that I see and it gives a shallow non-descriptive write up that's hard to understand for people who do not own the book.

Also are we making Pathfinder characters to fit a DnD game or a DnD game character to fit pahtfinder style play?  

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:53 am
DarknessFalls is essentially the Midnight SRD. You've actually gotta click around to find the classes, paths/bloodlines, and everything of use and interest. AgainstTheShadow is only supplement.

And kinda. I'm going to be using most of the rules from Pathfinder, but in replacement for the things that don't suit Midnight, I'll be exploiting Pathfinder's backwards compatibility.

Think of Midnight like Eberron. Or Faerun. Or Ravenloft. Only not made by WotC.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm
I'm in.  

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:13 pm
What classes do we currently have? I'm planning to play a elfling wildlander, but can change it up a bit.

Also are we using Pathfinder equipment and armor beyond that listed in the Corebook?

Also what's up with the battle and health points? Do we count armor points with it? Since currently that'd leave my character with a con of 10 and the size of small with 4 health and 4 battle points which though I'm not sure I'm fairly certain it means if someone so much as sneezes on her then she's dead.

Also are we using pathfinder traits or DnD traits if DnD even has traits and if it does where can I find them? Do you have a standardized character sheet you want us to use?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:51 am
Zero submissions have been given to me. If there were any, they'd be in the first post.

Yes, you may use said equipment and armor.

Essentially Battle and Health Points are an alternate towards Hit Points. Battle Points are used up before Health is ever touched. ... On second thought, no armor as DR. That'll be as is in regular games.

Also, keep in mind your first level is your HD*3+Con Mod. Meaning instead of the typical 8 HP, you're starting with 24+Con Mod. This extra HP is not because I plan on having this REALLY gritty, it's just I don't like to have PCs die at the swing of one sword. So, while yes, your Health is still low, you've still got more sustainability before anyone touches you.
Health: 6
Battle: 18
By my calculations

Pathfinder traits, with what I've banned not included.

Any D&D sheet host can work. DnDSheets, TheTangledWeb, or even Myth-Weavers works.  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:51 pm
Hector makes a comeback.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:49 am
Four more to go!  

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:45 pm
Hmm maybe we should go kidnap some people and drag them into our game.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:22 pm
I've bugged everyone I know. If you know anyone whom might be interested, I'd welcome them.  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Jacior rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 5, 1, 6 Total: 13 (4-24)

Jacior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:41 pm
I am gonna risk the rolling!  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out