Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Then what's a gay "supposed" to do? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:38 am
So I visited some old friends yesterday. All eight of us haven't been in the same vicinity for more than three years; guess you can say we had a reunion. As with any reunion, people ask about what has been happening recently. When it was my turn to shine, I said:

"I was a firefighter for three years. I loved it, but it turned out to be a hobby instead of a career. Then I enlisted in the military for one year. Awesome experience, but as soon as news of my homosexuality was released, I was dismissed. I REALLY want to go back, but I can't, obviously. A few achievements every now-and-then: Inter-Club Council President, Military Order of the Purple Heart Award recipient, $1000 scholarship, nothing too serious. And now I'm an Anthropology major, studying to become a Primatologist. Yes, I want to work with monkeys and apes."

Friend: "Wait. You're gay? Aren't they into fashion and hairstyling?"

Me: "Um... Is that ALL you think a gay is "supposed" to do?"

I found it rather funny surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:47 am
Silly Stereotypes neutral  

Sariou

Greedy Receiver

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:42 am
lol sad part is though, most of the gay men i know have taken up careers in hair and theatre  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:45 am
Oh, you silly stereotypes. I'm gay and I'm an East Asian Studies major with a focus on Japanese ^^; Nothing hair or fashion about that.

...Then again I'm really talented at character design when I make up characters for stories and RPs >w<; oops.  

Misharu Foxrayne

Dapper Werewolf

5,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

SkyCore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:18 am
lol this happened to me once, my idiot manager overheard i was gay and asked me if i wanted to go dancing with her...

Really? you never expressed any interest in hanging out with me before this, but because I'm gay you think i want to me your gay friend to go clubbing with?

I dont even like dancing or clubs or any of that stuff...

I am a Geek thank you very much!! I like Children's card games on motorcycles and watching funny people with spiky hair scream at each other for 30 minutes before throwing a punch... i couldnt give a crap about fashion if i tried.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 am
Lol.

Another Friend: "Wow. You have some serious balls to go into the Army."

Me: "Well, I am a guy after all."  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:22 pm
PrismCity
lol this happened to me once, my idiot manager overheard i was gay and asked me if i wanted to go dancing with her...

Really? you never expressed any interest in hanging out with me before this, but because I'm gay you think i want to me your gay friend to go clubbing with?

I dont even like dancing or clubs or any of that stuff...

I am a Geek thank you very much!! I like Children's card games on motorcycles and watching funny people with spiky hair scream at each other for 30 minutes before throwing a punch... i couldnt give a crap about fashion if i tried.

abridged series ftw lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:13 pm
I chuckled, imagining it.

You could tell them you climbed Mount Everest, cured cancer, have a boyfriend, and were abducted by highly advanced aliens, and the response might still be, "Wait, go back to the part about the boyfriend...?"  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:54 pm
I want to be the first gay person in space! scream  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:37 pm
Shanna66
lol sad part is though, most of the gay men i know have taken up careers in hair and theatre

Well, it's good to have men in the theatre business. I was recently in a musical, and half of the male characters were played by girls. We had two guys in the whole cast.  

Mistress Le Gasp

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:40 am
Mistress Le Gasp
Shanna66

Well, it's good to have men in the theatre business. I was recently in a musical, and half of the male characters were played by girls. We had two guys in the whole cast.

i should lend you some gay men then lol its hard to find a straight man in the theatre stuff here  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:21 am
Taeryyn
I chuckled, imagining it.

You could tell them you climbed Mount Everest, cured cancer, have a boyfriend, and were abducted by highly advanced aliens, and the response might still be, "Wait, go back to the part about the boyfriend...?"

"I plan on stealing all of America's nuclear weapons to bomb my enemies."

"Wait, you're gay?"  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

SkyCore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:22 am
TorpidoKoi
I want to be the first gay person in space! scream

I thought Lance Bass was?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:41 am
rofl oh ignorant people...a lot of people tell me "oh hey! you don't look gay at all, neither you act gay!." "you're like another bro..." (WELL NO s**t MAN)  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Misharu Foxrayne

Dapper Werewolf

5,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:54 am
but PrismCity, I hope you don't like Card games in Space, because THAT'S just silly.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff