View Results

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:29 pm
Yea so... the ESRB is apparently known for rating games that have yet to come out.
Here, they've rated something called Zelda Universe E for everyone for violence, what's interesting is the "online" next to it.
Zelda Universe is actually the name of the official LoZ Site ut it's thought that it may be an unannounced game for the Wii 2 or possibly an online flash game.
Read about it here

Thoughts? Corrections? Let's hear em.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:55 pm
It's the website.

This hoax has made the rounds before.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:27 pm
Deathgod of Legend
or possibly an online flash game.

That would just be a disaster.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:59 pm
It's a decade old rating for the interactive s**t they used to have on the zelda site...

I just feel I should repeat myself. Maybe be more exact this time.

If you read GoNintendo you would have know this thread was coming.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:31 pm
[Kegan]
It's a decade old rating for the interactive s**t they used to have on the zelda site...

I just feel I should repeat myself. Maybe be more exact this time.

If you read GoNintendo you would have know this thread was coming.

Lol, I had a feeling something was off.
LoZ would be a horrible mmo and there's no reason to go online with it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:20 pm
Why would it be a bad MMO?  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:48 pm
It has a lot of stuff to pull from to make a neat MMO, with interesting races and an already rabid fanbase. It would be one MMO I'd at least try.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:56 pm
Trenn Flashkill

I just don't feel an MMO element from it.
The legend of Zelda has always been about the one hero saving the princess of hyrule, if they made it MMO what would it be for? I mean, where's the plot?
You might be the hero in your story but there'll be a hundred others making your character like a speck in the world.

(Even though Majora's mask was only about saving the world. I don't even think Zelda was mentioned in it. )

*EDIT: It would be like making an MMO for Mario.
Sonic would probably make a better MMO but wouldn't have much lasting appeal in my opinion.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:16 pm
Zelda's totally got all the elements for a great MMO. It probably wouldn't play like a Zelda game, but it'd be a cool thing to see. I'm not really against it, rumor or not.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:25 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill

The legend of Zelda has always been about the one hero saving the princess of hyrule, if they made it MMO what would it be for? I mean, where's the plot?
You might be the hero in your story but there'll be a hundred others making your character like a speck in the world.

(Even though Majora's mask was only about saving the world. I don't even think Zelda was mentioned in it. )

Sonic would probably make a better MMO but wouldn't have much lasting appeal in my opinion.

Pretty much what Wayne said.

An MMO based on Zelda doesn't necessarily have to play like a Zelda game. Look at WoW. It doesn't play like a Warcraft game at all. The Zelda universe is rich and interesting, and I think that's worth exploring deeper into.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:59 pm
i guess it could be two groups fighting for the triforce in the golden land like in LttP. but i'm just through plots at the wall though.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:21 am
Trenn Flashkill
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill

An MMO based on Zelda doesn't necessarily have to play like a Zelda game. Look at WoW. It doesn't play like a Warcraft game at all. The Zelda universe is rich and interesting, and I think that's worth exploring deeper into.

In that case, it could be pretty fun but I think they would need to change the name to something like The Legend of Hyrule.
Or something like that.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:23 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill
Deathgod of Legend
Trenn Flashkill

In that case, it could be pretty fun but I think they would need to change the name to something like The Legend of Hyrule.
Or something like that.
I'd be on board with that.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:52 pm
A Zelda MMO would actually be pretty sweet, considering there is the distinct line between the good and evil people or whatever. A lot of bosses would already be set up from past games that they could use, instances could be like old dungeons.

Even with the LotR MMO, its not like you play as the fellowship. You play as the races, and hear about how far they get or whatever, while you are fighting in the war.

I think it has potential, however unlikely it may be.  

LifelessFawkes

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:17 pm
There are alreay races like dekus, zoras and gorons, so that would be a good starting point for classes. There's tons of worlds, and they know how to build good, solid worlds for exploration. Granted, it would be different than a single-player Zelda game, that kind of goes without saying. I'm not really sure where/when it could be placed, and I really doubt Nintendo would ever do it, but I don't think it's a bad idea.

A Sonic MMO > a Zelda MMO? Gag. A Sonic MMO would ruin the internet even more. Please god, do not let that ever happen.

I'd actually play a Mario MMO, though. It would at least have a different setting from every other MMO and Zelda.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff