Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
"Gays vs. Gays" Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:13 pm
While browsing through the LD I stumbled upon a comment relating to the "different kinds of gays." This sparked something in my mind to dive into this topic. I was just wondering what you guys thought about it. It seemed appropriate for this guild. In order to not be redundant, I've just added a link to direct it to you here. You can talk about it here or there. Doesn't matter to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And you posted it in the LD? lol

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

TylerAnnihilate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:49 am
I think it's bullshit. I think that Homophobia within the gay community is worse than homophobia from the straight world, to be honest. And I really think it's annoying when a guy says he's "straight-acting", and doesn't want to date a "femme" or anything. If you ask me, it's not very "straight acting" if you're having sex with a man.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:27 am
"Men are gay for a reason. If they wanted to be with a woman, they would. So I don't see why a gay guy would go with a feminine guy. That doesn't make sense..
."

lol, i dont even know where to start on this comment rofl

i think too many people nowadays get offended by simple labels.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:34 am
Shanna66
"Men are gay for a reason. If they wanted to be with a woman, they would. So I don't see why a gay guy would go with a feminine guy. That doesn't make sense..
."

u may find it funny but that's exactly how i and my boyfriend feel.
supper effeminate guys make us feel uncomfortable and aren't attractive to either of us. its really depressing watching them perpetuate a crappy stereotype.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:43 am
Vaan_Lohengrin
Shanna66
."

supper effeminate guys make us feel uncomfortable and aren't attractive to either of us. its really depressing watching them perpetuate a crappy stereotype.

im not much for dating feminine people either, i prefer my men and women to be on the more masculine side but that comment is just so stupid xd

also who cares if they keep a stereotype going? as long as they are happy with who they are who are we to judge? stereotypes will always exsist and there is usually a bit of truth to them

i dont like the stereotype that if you eat veggie burgers you must love peta, but i live with it becasue im still happy to eat my veggie burgers and hate peta at the same time  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:59 am
Shanna66
Vaan_Lohengrin
Shanna66
."

im not much for dating feminine people either, i prefer my men and women to be on the more masculine side but that comment is just so stupid xd

also who cares if they keep a stereotype going? as long as they are happy with who they are who are we to judge? stereotypes will always exsist and there is usually a bit of truth to them

i dont like the stereotype that if you eat veggie burgers you must love peta, but i live with it becasue im still happy to eat my veggie burgers and hate peta at the same time

ive said the exact same thing i really find some women just sexually unattractive to find a man who goes super girly is equally unattractive.

i care if they keep it going. their half the reason people can continue to deny us rights. they cant pull it together for a year so we can get all the rights and stuff passed first..

and when is that a stereotype. thats stupid.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:29 pm
Vaan_Lohengrin

i care if they keep it going. their half the reason people can continue to deny us rights. they cant pull it together for a year so we can get all the rights and stuff passed first..

so let me get this straight. you think that the LGBT community is being denied rights because some men are effeminate and some women are masculine?
you're obviously ashamed of those who don't fall within the sexist gender-conforming binary of manly men and girly girls; i'm surprised you even agree with men being with other men and women being with other women. or are you against other sexual orientations besides "straight" along with being against other gender expression besides "normal"?

etluhcs

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:52 pm
Centipedes In Utero
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And you posted it in the LD? lol
Well I didn't feel like coming all the way here. xP And I think I would get a lot more different opinions than in here.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:55 pm
I hate feminine gay guys not because they're guys acting like girls, but because they're simply annoying as ********. I myself am actually rather feminine, but even homophobes admit that they can tolerate me over those prissy little annoyances.

Deleteasaurus

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:33 pm
I am called a femboy a lot. I don't really care, who I date just as long as I like them enough to date them really.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:31 pm
The only person I've ever heard rude "femme" gay-guy comments from a gay guy.
I'm not bothered by anyone's masculinity or femininity. What bothers me is the LGBTQ community cries out that their rights are denied and they deserve more respect, but honestly I hear more negative, rude, harmfully stereotypical comments from my friends that are gay than from my christian friends. Maybe we should first give the others in the community the utmost respect before we expect any from those outside.  

Kelai_Caberin

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:14 pm
schulte
Vaan_Lohengrin

so let me get this straight. you think that the LGBT community is being denied rights because some men are effeminate and some women are masculine?
you're obviously ashamed of those who don't fall within the sexist gender-conforming binary of manly men and girly girls; i'm surprised you even agree with men being with other men and women being with other women. or are you against other sexual orientations besides "straight" along with being against other gender expression besides "normal"?
dont you know its now LGBTQA... -_-
i dont think, i know. one of the governors running for NY went to a effing pride parade and we convinced him single handedly that we were a effing subspecies. -_-
never said i was ashamed, i said i was uncomfortable. im all for tolerance and what not but i dont have to tolerate someone who has a blatant disregard for the right of those around them to be comfortable with their surroundings. they are the stereotype my friends thought all gay people fell into and had a really negative view of gay people me coming out changed a lot of opinions i was also some peoples first gay friend too. i can stand behind LGBA people, but TQ are difficult for different reasons
T because its a relatively ambiguous term that defines various levels. also everyone is transgender because we all display both male/sex,gender and female/sex,gender characteristics. to separate it out to define extremes isnt something we really do very often and i dont see the point.
Q is gender queer if you didnt know, someone devoid of gender which is impossible because society wont allow it if some one really wants to be gender queer they can get a grey jumpsuit shave their head and get out of america...

so yeah now that you have made me recap everything i have come to understand about sex and gender to a point i think my sociology teacher would be proud of maybe not necessarily with my views gender queer people though : if anything you have made me reaffirm position even more with myself and im perfectly happy with where i am in life i stand by my views even now that you have basically tried to make me look like an a** by calling me out on my beliefs which isnt a very tolerant or understanding position to take in an argument of equality i might add. if i had my way id give everyone equal rights and we'd all get a long but it's not gonna happen my way now is it their are way too many differing view points in this country to allow for that. so calling me in more words an "a**" because im uncomfortable around super feminine men is really rather sad. sorry i can't be super confident and whatnot, but attacking me for it is pointless go write an angrily worded letter to your congress person or something next time.

have a nice day  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:17 pm
Deleteasaurus
I hate feminine gay guys not because they're guys acting like girls, but because they're simply annoying as ********. I myself am actually rather feminine, but even homophobes admit that they can tolerate me over those prissy little annoyances.
lol  

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

MissDemeter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:30 pm
Vaan_Lohengrin
dont you know its now LGBTQA... -_-

Nope. The short form is LGBT. The long form is LGBTTI2QQA.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff