Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
What's worst? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 pm
-What's more damaging, Alchol or marijuana?

-Based on what information is your opinion created from

-have you ever sat down and actually took the time to read about both?

-are you a user of any of these?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:50 pm
i use both and personally like alcohol more, but if any should be illegal it ought to be alcohol. it's more physically damaging with worse side effects and long term effects, and it can make people violent.
then again there are always bad trips with pot...
people just need to be responsible. :/

etluhcs

Deleteasaurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:10 pm
I've seen the long term effects of both of them on people I know, and I think marijuana is worse. While both do damage, and can completely ruin a life if taken to extremes, I just think marijuana is worse. Hard to explain. I guess I base that off the people that I've seen.
I do drink, however. But not much. Drinking is a big thing in my family, so it isn't exactly easy to avoid (not that I wanted to).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm
I think alcohol is probably worse. I've seen alcohol ruin people's lives, but I don't really know anyone who does marijuana, so I guess you could say I'm pretty biased. I've never smoked marijuana, and it is very rare to see me drink alcohol. I'll have one mixed drink with a meal probably close to one time a year, and I've never really had enough to feel any kind of effect (aka, I've never been drunk). I studied the effects of both in various psychology classes at college, which has also led to me thinking this. I'm just the kind of person who likes to keep control of my emotions and actions.  

bollier

Milady Tabbs

Beloved Sex Symbol

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:41 pm
Alcohol. I'm not gonna get into all the nitty gritty though, because I'm a Psychology major.
But if you're really interested, check out these websites:
http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-brain-food/201012/alcohol-vs-marijuana-in-the-brain
http://mphdegree.org/2010/marijuana-vs-alcohol-25-enlightening-studies-and-infographics/
And you can Google for more information. However, .com websites are less reliable, unless it's a website like psychologytoday, or another reliable source such as the one stated. .org, .net, and .edu websites are the best to find good information.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 am
Well since I'm 21 I do drink sometimes but I've never nor will I ever smoke Marijuana. Anything to do with smoking or doing any sort of drug I stay clear away from.  

Ninja-Puppet-Master

Nightshade Beauty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:19 am
With my group of friends we do a lot of different things but between alcohol and marijuana I believe that alcohol is worse. I see more people get trashed and carried away while drinking. With marijuana they just pass out lol, but this doesn't mean it is okay to smoke pot.....well until they legalize it lol xd . But ya They are both bad if you get carried away with them and don't know your limits.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:57 am
Alcohol is worse. I might be biased, because I've had alcohol poisoning, but that's not the point.
It's far more damaging than Marijuana, and honestly I think Marijuana should be legal.

Think back to prohibition. Alcohol was illegal, but every still drank, crime syndicate activity was on a rise, it was just a mess. Just because it was illegal doesn't mean they weren't gonna drink it.

I think america would improve if Marijuana was legal, I think the crime rate would begin to decrease. I don't think it would go away entirely, of course.  

TylerAnnihilate

FeenixPhyre18

Tipsy Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:23 am
I think that media has done both a disservice. Alcohol has been shown as a harmless, fun substance in both movies and t.v shows, while marijuana has been shown as a terrible, harmful drug along the lines of meth. Both are untrue, alcohol is addicting where marijuana is less so, alcohol has just so many drawbacks and so many people have died from it. Marijuana is actually beneficial if taken in small doses (but so is wine so I digress sweatdrop ) so I suppose its all in the amount of what is taken.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:37 pm
I think both are an excuse for people to act like dumb asses. I drink, and I have never assaulted anyone, never killed anyone in an accident, nothing but fun in the sun. There's a reason why doing things "under the influence" is not a valid excuse in court. If you beat the hell out of someone when you were drunk or high it's because you either have temper issues or you're insane.  

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:01 pm
Alcohol is worse; It has a lot more negative effects.
+Liver Damage
+Violent behavior
+Alchoholism

Weed;Honestly is it that bad for you?
If its pure, its unaddictive
Possible tar damage is smoked too much

All it does is make you look act funny, and get hungry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:45 pm
i've seen alcohol send a family into an ecomonic crisisand being high on pot cause a class mate to crash his car and kill a person.

I say they're tied.  

Kelai_Caberin

loveAkiochan

Hygienic Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 pm
i think they are both terrible and pot should never be legalized.

First, alcohol can kill people. not just the liver damage(and boy is that ugly!) but when your wasted you do stupid things and that can sometimes kill you. I'm not saying having a few drinks with friends is bad, but people don't know how to stop or draw a line. And then we have DUIs and DUI related crashes which can kill or maim. If your gonna drink, do it at home or with a straight-laced friend who can get you home

second, I've seen weed ruin people. They say it's not addicting, but it is. You're not addicted to the weed, your addicted to the high/low/nothingness it gives you. You stop doing other things cause you just want to be there with your bowl/blunt/roach (i have the knowledge because i have pothead friends) and then they do nothing with their lives. And legalizing the crap is only gonna give LOTS of people a reason to be impossibly lazy. Sure it's fun to watch someone be high and flop around and talk nonsense, but if that's all they do then they've got no hope for a real life. What are they gonna do when they're 25, have sh*t grades because they were high all the time, no job will hire because they can't pass a piss test, and have no money?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:03 pm
my gouvernment has made it manditory that students know the short term and long term effects of drugs and alchahol, weed is worse. and i don't do either and have promised myself i never will under any situation.  

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200

Excalibur Foxe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:35 pm
They both have their pros and cons.
How much the one outweighs the other all depends on the person.

I've seen alcohol take people on a bad turn but I've also seen marijuana do it too.

I suppose the only difference I've seen personally is that alcohol makes people more violent (it totally depends on the person, i know. but most people i know turn quite gobby and offensive when someone starts up on them. none of them have really gotten into any fights they're just a lot more 'sensitive'(?) to insults)
Where as marijuana can make you prone to all kinds of paranoia.

Both can be addictive. Either mentally or physically.

Take any other drugs with alcohol and it could help you to your death bed or send you to jail.
Take any other drugs with marijuana and it could damage you mentally or send you to jail.

Of course you're all smart enough not to do that aren't you :p

It really does depend. Just s**t happens when you let it get out of control, and you may not even realize till it's too late.

I typedddd toooooo muchhhhhhhhhh!!

Personally I drink alcohol more than I light up.
I'm more of a lovey drunk and a space-out hippie and I balance it all nicely with my life.
I've seen people well into their 50's who all seem perfectly normal and happy that have done both the majority of their life.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff