So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Discussion: What would you want to see next on the 3DS? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which unannounced Nintendo franchise would you most like to see on the 3DS... and why?
  Advance Wars
  Donkey Kong (Country)
  Fire Emblem
  Mario Party
  Metroid (Prime)
  Pokemon
  Punch-Out!!
  Super Smash Bros.
  Zelda
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:45 pm
GameFAQs has a poll of the day, the one for today (April 5th) sparked my interest a bit, so I thought I'd bring it here to liven things up a bit and get some good conversation going, since we kind of just talk about what we're playing and don't really get to the interesting topics.

Now, before I vote on a GameFAQs poll, I try to predict what the poll outcomes will be, and have a sort of mentality of the GameFAQs user mentality. Zelda wasn't included on their list, but even if it was, I predicted it would go SSB first, then Zelda, Pokemon and then scatter a bit.

SSB did take the lead, as expected, and I can't say I blame the lot, but my personal vote didn't go for my favorite franchise (Smash Bros, Donkey Kong), but instead for Metroid, just because I think it would work better on the 3DS. Metroid Prime Hunters could be ridiculously cool on the handheld, and I'm honestly pretty shocked to realize that there aren't any slated FPSes for the machine, as the industry is so saturated with them right now (though Conduit might be going to it, and the REs are TPSes, whatever).

Smash Bros would be pretty awesome, but it doesn't exactly jump out at me with its 3D depth, though playing a really sky-high stage would be pretty neat... I still think that moving around and shooting people in 3D would be really awesome. The only real multiplayer game the system has is Street Fighter, and while it's neat, and has cool 3D effects, it's not as neat to play as say, Pilotwings, in 3D.

Anyway, just my long thoughts. What sayeth thou?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 pm
Smash Bros. on the go would be a dream come true, 3D or not.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:41 pm
Agreed, but it's kind of the same as what I was excited for when the Wii first launched. I wasn't excited to play a new traditional, say, Super Mario sidescroller as much as I was Red Steel or something along those lines. I really wanted a lot of games that used the controller in a unique way, and now I want games that will make me go :O :O :O :O with the 3D effect.

Interesting to think about what franchises could do an AR game.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 am
i'm gonna keep pushing either a remake of the first starfox game on the snes, or a new one.  

Xilo The Odd

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:49 am
Smash Bros. and you can be Ty in it

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:24 am
The answer is Pikmin 3.

It never stopped being Pikmin 3.

That's still what it is.

But I'd probably opt for a Metroid prime styled game before a Zelda title. I'm still gonna have plenty of Zelda to go around, what with skyward sword hopefully still coming this summer.

I'm really hoping the bring majora's mask over to the 3DS, but I'd be reluctant to buy OoT, if the superior product is on the way.

I see no reason why Majora's Mask or OoT 3D could not be 3DSware, since they've made it clear that they are too timid to add ANYTHING NEW.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:11 pm
Long, exasperated sigh... Kegan.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:19 pm
I'd like to see an AR Pokemon game where your Pokemon can battle on the table, but with over 600 now, I don't see that happening. I'd honestly be fine with them doing a third remake of RBY, if it had AR battling.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:23 pm
If they still use sprites in Pokemon on the 3DS... UGH. They have no excuse. It's the 3DS. THE 3DS 3D CMON YOU LAZY ********  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:30 pm
Meta_Fish
I'd like to see an AR Pokemon game where your Pokemon can battle on the table, but with over 600 now, I don't see that happening. I'd honestly be fine with them doing a third remake of RBY, if it had AR battling.
wait fish i got it, pokemon TCG, you use the cards in real life and each card would have the info the game needs. or something. something along those lines. it'd be like that thing c3po and chewbacca were doing in starwars.  

Xilo The Odd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:33 pm
Oh mah gahh that would be so cool. It would bring back the old days of collecting Pokemon cards, except they'd also be AR cards now. They could sell booster packs and junk at game/toy stores.

In fact, I read somewhere that they were hinting that the first 3DS Pokemon game is going to be a spin-offy thing. Let us hope it involves AR cards.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:31 pm
Kinda want to see a console quality jrpg like a new Tales Of... or something. Not necessarily for my enjoyment, but I feel like the 3DS will be that more legit if it had some heavy weight rpgs behind it.

Or Monster Hunter.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:09 pm
The Eleventh AK
If they still use sprites in Pokemon on the 3DS... UGH. They have no excuse. It's the 3DS. THE 3DS 3D CMON YOU LAZY ******** class="clear">
They'll just add 300 Pokemon next time. SPRITEZ FOR LIEF.

Xilo The Odd
Meta_Fish
wait fish i got it, pokemon TCG, you use the cards in real life and each card would have the info the game needs. or something. something along those lines. it'd be like that thing c3po and chewbacca were doing in starwars.
That would be neat too, but I don't want to buy the cards. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:51 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Kinda want to see a console quality jrpg like a new Tales Of... or something. Not necessarily for my enjoyment, but I feel like the 3DS will be that more legit if it had some heavy weight rpgs behind it.

Or Monster Hunter.
yeah i kinda hope MH does make it to the 3ds though the 4th one they make will probably go to a console first but hopefully they pick the Wii again, if not i hope they go for the PS3, the graphics would be amazing.  

Xilo The Odd

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:51 pm
Sorry, Fish, but if they make another portable Metroid I'm kind of hoping it'll be side scrolling.

I want another Chibi Robo, or Luigi's ******** the police.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff