Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Should I steal a kiss? VOTE! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sould I?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Tifey_Lewis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:50 pm
User Image

User Image

A year has passed since I have wanted to do this. My relationship with this particular professor (target) has gone from good to bad, from bad to worse, and from worse to not-so-bad. So it really doesn't matter much (socially) if we don't ever speak again. We also won't be taking anymore classes together.

A few details about the situation:

My target professor is female, and considerably older than me.
She does not know about my feelings, but I'm pretty sure she is slightly aware that they exist.
[edit] University

The point of this topic is to get or find that little "push" of self-confidence on the matter.

REMEMBER: I really want to this, even if it is just to have the experience.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:26 pm
I say yea.

But, she could like, tell the prinsable, other teachers, etc. And they could send ya to counsaling. Unless you are in colledge... then I say go for it. :3

ElijahSlonk

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Critic 0

Vivioxo

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:29 pm
BAD IDEA. Do not go through with it.
While you might not be taking classes with her, you will still be in the same school where she works. Not only will YOU get in trouble, but so will SHE. If word gets out, someone sees you, or she reports you, then you could be in serious trouble. She is still part of the faculty, who students should not be associating with in that level. On her end, you could get her FIRED. While you won't be in her classes, people might suspect you were involved while you WERE in her class. Then they will suspect that you did not earn your grade.

No one will take either of you seriously as teacher or student because of what YOU are willing to risk.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:33 pm
The Hobo Stripper
I say yea.

But, she could like, tell the prinsable, other teachers, etc. And they could send ya to counsaling. Unless you are in colledge... then I say go for it. :3

Yes, I'm in college. I don't think she'd tell other teachers. I plan on doing it privately. Still think I should go for it?

Thanks for answering. 3nodding  

Tifey_Lewis

Vivioxo

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:34 pm
The Hobo Stripper
I say yea.

College does NOT take huge risk out of the equation. No matter what level of schooling it is, the problem remains.

If someone risked MY job that I worked so hard in college to get, I would have a SERIOUS problem with that. I would be beyond pissed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:44 pm
Vivioxo
The Hobo Stripper
I say yea.

College does NOT take huge risk out of the equation. No matter what level of schooling it is, the problem remains.

If someone risked MY job that I worked so hard in college to get, I would have a SERIOUS problem with that. I would be beyond pissed.
Okay, maybe you do have a point. I may be desisting from the idea, but what if we were out of school grounds. We were like hanging out or something?

Thanks for answering. =)  

Tifey_Lewis

Vivioxo

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:24 pm
THAT might be a much better idea. Just make absolutely sure that you will be in a place where no one will recognize you (or at least her) from school. Play it safe!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:55 pm
So she's bi/gay and not married? Hmm... I dunno about it unless you know she wouldn't throw a huge fit or even care.  

Ratz-ItsJC

5,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

longinus212

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:31 pm
id say do it outside of school.. maybe if she wasn't a professor at the school or you were no longer going there... but go for it anyways!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:25 pm
I say don't do it. Not even because one or both of you could get in trouble, but just because I don't think it is a good idea to steal kisses from someone. In my case, for example, there are not many people I would want to kiss me. If someone outside of that small group were to do so, I think I'd flip out. Basically, I'm just saying to keep her feelings in mind as well.  

bollier

LuckytheShadow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:46 am
In a normal situation, stealing a kiss could range in consequence from very good {sex?} to very, very bad {sexual assault charges}.

This is never, ever a good idea. Taking this kind of chance based on the vague notion that she might know you're crushing on her is foolish and irresponsible, not to mention blatantly careless in regards to that woman's feelings.

In short, don't do it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:57 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
xxx
xxx

.-facepalm-

Oh my Jesus.
It's college. Everyone is an adult.
You can DATE your teachers in college.
The only way she'd ever get fired is if it turned scandalous
or something. XD And no one will get kicked out or anything
unless she presses charges.

So, if you and her are on good terms
(like actual friends)
Then go ahead.

If not, make friends first, yeah? then perhaps
you'll get close enough to know her sexuality.
-nod nod-
xxx
User Image

Arr -- k u n

inu_fan77777

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:20 pm
yes but what if she does not like you and you anger her? and she may get you in trouble?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:57 am
Tifey_Lewis
User Image

User Image

A year has passed since I have wanted to do this. My relationship with this particular professor (target) has gone from good to bad, from bad to worse, and from worse to not-so-bad. So it really doesn't matter much (socially) if we don't ever speak again. We also won't be taking anymore classes together.

A few details about the situation:

My target professor is female, and considerably older than me.
She does not know about my feelings, but I'm pretty sure she is slightly aware that they exist.
[edit] University

The point of this topic is to get or find that little "push" of self-confidence on the matter.

REMEMBER: I really want to this, even if it is just to have the experience.

User Image

User Image

I say yes but I dont want you to get in trouble so...  

JovitaTanuwidjaja

RosesandBlood

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm
DO IT!

Even if it's a peck on the cheek, if you want to go for it. It can't hurt right? I would say it's just a kiss but to some (like me) that means a lot. But try for it anyways. I'm rooting for you!  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff