Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jola, being accepted as part of a pride, was trying to get the hang of being a merchant. It seemed easy enough, when in fact there were times it was a little hard to find something to bring back to barter with. Ok, well, since she had been out only twice to far, and one was a failure, it felt like this was going to take more getting used to than she thought.

First, though...she really wanted to find Tamu. Trying to get used to having so many lions around, and being friendly, and just...she felt like she had sort of ignored him. Which she didn't mean to! She just got so caught up in learning and figuring out her place in the middle class.

Sigh. "Where to look?" she asked herself. She was still kind of good at getting lost.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:01 pm
User Image

Wandering rather aimlessly, Tamu seemed very unfocused today. He had since moved further in to the pride, and things were going well, but he couldn't help but be concerned about Jola. He hadn't seen her in a little while, and he was worried that maybe something had happened.

He tried to look on the bright side, to lighten his mood. For one, there was now another cheetah in the pride. Secondly, she was nice, and sweet, and friendly, and....Tamu stopped himself mid-thought. The more he dwelled on how thankful he was to have another cheetah in the pride, the more he started to worry about her.

Focusing more on his surroundings now, Tamu flicked his brown eyes in a few random directions. Wait...was that? Taking in a sharp breath, he could feel the excitement welling in his chest as he layed eyes on a familiar black silhouette.

Polette
Crew

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:38 pm
She glanced around, thinking that she had heard something. Not looking hard enough made it so she hadn't noticed Tamu, and as such she furrowed her brows together, wondering where to start first.

"Hmm, maybe he's working," she thought out loud. "I wish I had something to give him..." but all she had really found were a couple of slightly crumpled feathers. She was going to have to try harder if she wanted to garner at least a little respect with....the lions. If she'd get enough courage to even try to deal with them.

Sighing, she glanced at the ground where her paws tickled the ground. "Probably working. Maybe I need to ask someone..." Someone who could give her 'right/left' directions and not 'north/south' ones, preferably.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:28 pm
His eyes wide with hope and excitement, Tamu felt his heart sink as she apparently didn't see him. Well, that did seem to be something she'd do. Letting out a semi-relieved sigh, Tamu trotted up behind her, a smile on his face.

"Jola~" Peeking around to her face, Tamu chuckled a little to himself. She had seemed so focused and in-thought, it made him feel a little bad for trying to interrupt it. "You look a little....lost?" Grinning at her, he felt a little mean for pointing it out.

"No matter...I'm just glad to see you." Glancing to the side, the words were a little hard to say for some odd reason. Wasn't he excited to see her? It just didn't seem to want to show for some reason.

Polette
Crew

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:11 pm
"T-tamu!" She was surprised that he was suddenly there, when she had feel so strongly that he wasn't anywhere near here. At least, not that close! She released a nervous laugh, letting her nerves calm down a bit from the sudden surprise she had just received.

"Oh, I thought that perhaps you were working somewhere...I guess I should look at my surroundings a bit better, shouldn't I?" Aaahhh yeah. She needed to get better at that.

"I was just looking for you, but of course I got lost," she teased him right back. "Maybe in thought too....um, how are you?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Watching her reaction, Tamu couldn't help but let out a small laugh. There was something so....charming about it. It almost seemed cruel, finding humor in someone else's shock, but Tamu really couldn't help it.

"Oh, I went out a little earlier." Giving her a smile, he thought about his early-morning search - he had found some vibrant feathers, which had really made him happy. "You probably should." Leaning in a little closer in a teasing way, Tamu grinned at Jola. Part of him didn't want her to change, because he loved her reactions.

"You were....looking for me?" Leaning back, he felt almost....embarrassed. Shuffling his paws in the dirt a little, he glanced down, swallowing his nerves. "Oh, I've been good." Smiling, his focus returned to the dark cheetah before him. "Just...you know. Keepin' busy." He chuckled slightly, thinking of his profession. He couldn't have picked a better thing for him to do. "But how are you? I was....worried." His eyes trailed off a little.

Polette
Crew

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:36 pm
Jola wasn't too thrilled that he seemed amused, but he was probably just being playful. She didn't think Tamu had one mean bone in his body. Perhaps just a teasing on here or there, probably in his leg.

She blinked, her grey eyes a little surprised but for a different reason. "Oh, wow, you go out too?" She should have thought about that, since that's how she had crossed paths with him, but she didn't think that he did it too much. She wanted to be the one to help him find stuff. Sigh. She was just going to have to get better at it, and soon! Not for selfish reasons....really.

"Busy is good," she said, not really picking up his embarrassment, though she wondered why he was suddenly so interested in the dirt. Her eyes followed the movement of his paws. "I'm trying to be a good merchant. It's uh...going really...slow right now." She laughed, embarrassed herself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:54 pm
Standing there, Tamu kept his eyes on Jola as she spoke. He always thought it was good practice in paying attention, but he felt a little more....absorbed today.

"Oh, yeah." He smiled at her, kind of happy at her surprise. "For what I do, I find that I travel out a lot, to find lots of special things." He glanced to the side, lowering his voice to a barely audible level. "I found you out there, after all..." And she was special. To him, it was one of the greatest things to have a friendly face here. Well....yeah.

"Busy is nice." Nodding his head, he really wondered what she was like when she wasn't with him. "It can be slow when you first start out." Chuckling to himself, he remembered his first couple tries at finding and making things. It had gone....a little disastrously. "But I just know that you'll get the hang of it really quick. And if you ever need help, I'm always here."

Polette
Crew

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:10 pm
Jola was a bit shocked at his whispered secret, but she quickly recovered and beamed. It was true. In a lot of different ways. She wanted to pounce on him right then and there, but thought that it might be a little much at the moment. So instead she put a little extra bounce in her step as she moved around a bit. Hard to sit still when you were so excited.

"I just worry that I'll never get good at it..." she sighed. "No, yeah, it'll take a while. "I just hope that I can be of help to you. Get you want you need." She smiled. "Not only you, though. You know I'll need to trade with others, but..yeah. Mostly with you."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:27 pm
"Be of help to me?" Tamu's ears perked at the thought. It really would be nice to have her helping, and livening up his day. "Oh, yes, of course." Smiling at her, he felt a little sad at the thought of her trading with others, but he didn't focus too much on it.

"So, um..." For once, he found himself at a loss for words. "....you like it here?" Grinning sheepishly, he really wanted to have something interesting or funny to say, but he found himself quite tonge-tied.

Though, there was some merit in his question. He was the one, after all, who really showed this place to her, and if she didn't like it - well, he'd feel just awful. This was his home now, and he wanted Jola to feel the same way he did about it.

Polette
Crew

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:24 pm
"Yes," she answered softly. She blinked, and look up at him. "I-I mean, I do. It's an adjustment, and I'm still trying...to get over my fear of lions. Mostly everyone is nice here, and I'm learning my way around the place. I'm just a lot more comfortable when I'm around you. I don't know how you survived being the only cheetah here for so long."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:20 pm
"That.....I'm glad." Looking down for a moment, Tamu tried to hide the smile on his face. He knew it must've been so hard for her to be able to come to a pride of all places, with that kind of fear. He had grown up living on good terms with lions near his den, so he found that coming here was almost....natural.

"I think it was just....harder on my own, I guess." Laughing a little, he thought back to his adolescent days, roaming around with no one by his side. His sisters had their own lives, and Tamu had just needed to find a life of his own. "Though I definitely would've preferred meeting someone like you first." Smiling at her, he wondered what it would have been like if they had met before he had come to this pride. He loved this pride, he did, but his own species was something nothing could replace.

Polette
Crew

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:40 am
Jola smiled warmly at Tamu's comment. She flicked her tail behind her, suddenly feeling a surge of happiness, and a bit of forwardness as well.

"Well, we've met now! Let's make the most of it."

Ah. Well, that came out better than she thought it would have.

"Besides, I don't plan on leaving you now."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:20 pm
"So we have." Ears perking up at those words, his mind returned to the present task; he had just returned from searching, hadn't he? That scene seemed so far away now, with Jola standing before him.

"I- you have no idea how happy that makes me." Glancing down for a moment, the words were a little on the quiet side. He was so glad to hear someone finally say that to him, especially her.

"Would you like to help me with me work, then?" Smiling at her, he thought it'd be nice to have a little company while he worked on things. Plus, an extra paw or two couldn't hurt.

Polette
Crew

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:55 am
Jola brightened up with Tamu's words. They were so soft, so gentle, and so perfect. She felt herself feeling a little fluttery from it. She never would have imagined herself in such a position where she felt like she just fit. It may not be where she thought she would live, but the pride was kind, and she felt special being a matching pair to Tamu. Everything was dependent on him, and she was ok with that!

"I would love to help you," she bounced up, ready to be whatever she needed to be with, or for, Tamu.

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff