Submit

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:45 pm
So I was wondering since every girl is unique and is born in a different state or country, and has a different culture, why not have a "What is your ethnicity and/or culture?" topic. I hope it is a good topic. It is interesting just to know what other people's ethnicity is. Just because it's fun to now. You can answer either or (Ethnicity or Culture), it don't matter. So:

What is your ethnicity or culture?

My ethnicity is Hispanic/Latina.
Born and race in Texas
My parents are from Mexico
and I truly love to say that I love my culture.
Why?: Because, we love to have fiestas, pinatas,
we have delicious tamales, bunuelos (a tortilla kind of sweet, made only
in Christmas) We are very culture when it comes to holidays, family and
going to church lol. We love family reunions ^^. ( I think most cultures also do)

I personally believe every culture/ethnicity is awesome : ) and I just would love to know what others' ethnicity/culture is like. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:04 pm
My ethnicity is Caucasian, and I'm like a mutt of different breeds.
Born in Kentucky, and raised in Nebraska.
My parents are from America.
My culture is festive. Not a fan of holidays.
Why?: It causes my family to become fake and pretend that they like each other. It's why I like to hide on holidays.
Everything I know seems to be about giving gifts, which I believe should be a festivity year round, dependent on how you feel toward people.

I'm only a fan of things that happen all year round between the cultures. Everything else just seems to be for show.  

TheOneOfName

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:19 pm
It's okay, when things don't go the way we would like. Not all holidays are perfect for me either. My family can be happy at the beginning but then for some reason they are pissed at each other -__- That happens in my family XD... especially with my aunts, it gets really messy, they act so childish. But the thing is I try to look at the positive side, because it's a holiday, and if I can't enjoy it with my aunts then I'll just enjoy it with my cousins and my sisters. And if I can't enjoy it with anybody, I'll just pamper myself. To tell you the truth, i love my family, that's why I love family reunions, but it can get pretty messy sometimes, its okay though. : ) No one is perfect.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm
My ethnicity is Japanese/Caucasian
Born in Italy, raised in Hawaii.
My parents are from Hawaii/Michigan
Culture: Don't know how to explain it -- Hawaii is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.  

drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:28 am
My ethnicity, or my primary ones, are Filipino/African American.
I was born in Hawaii, raised in California.
My mom is from the Philippines and my dad is from Texas.
Because I'm a mix of different races, my family celebrates a lot of different holidays. I don't know how to explain it, but I do love it, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:47 am
My ethnicity is Mutt. Lol. [Peruvian, Japanese, German, Spanish, Turkish]
I suppose Latina would be it xp But I like to say Hispasian now and then. whee
Born in Guatemala and raised in Michigan
My parents are from Peru.
We do celebrate the Holidays and my family have incorporated Thanksgiving.
We have 2 kinds of stuffing, the traditional bread stuffing and a peruvian stuffing called relleno. Mmmm....
I have a big family [over 200 cousins and I've only met like 5] sweatdrop
Only 2 uncles live here in the states. Correction, North America. The rest are spread out in Peru, Mexico, Spain.
I too love different cultures and religions. It's so interesting how the rest of the world celebrate life, holidays, death, birthdays.

Momorgue

22,075 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Tsukuyomi25021

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:38 pm
I'm Caucasian, my ethnicity is mainly English (britain?) and French.
And I'm Canadian.
I've always lived in Canada...
as for celebrations, the only big difference is that we celebrate Thanksgiving in October.
I actually find my "culture" or lack thereof, to be rather boring.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:47 pm
User Image

I'm a mutt.
English, Polish, Irish, Scott, Dutch, Romanian, German, Israeli.

my family is HUGE.
I have relatives all over the world, however we don't have a lot of contact with them.

We don't do anything special.
We celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving like typical Americans.
But we make our food like food from the old countrys. ^^
Like bratts, and yummy coffees, lots of festive teas, We also make matza (sp?) balls. Oh we also love our bourbon. XD

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:00 pm
My ethnicity is Caucasian/Thai.
I was born in North Carolina, still in North Carolina.
My mother was born in Thailand and my dad is from America.
My culture is the typical American celebrations, plus a side of Chinese New Years. Yay for big families that give out cash.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:49 pm
I'm a white Irish-Mexican. :'D
(horribly pale in the winter, veryyy dark in the summer)
Nooot quite Hispanic/Latina enough for scholarships
(1/4)
BUT MY MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME IS HISPANIC!!
DARN YOU STUPID DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS!!!!!
(huffpuff)

I have no culture besides lots and lots of food varieties. O-o
(family get-togethers range from tacos to sushi. Yeah.)
And folky blue grass music. Siiigh.

Oh, and I have a massive family, many of whom are from Mexico..
which confuses my cracker Caucasian friends.
"HOLD THE PHONE. YOU'RE MEXICAN?! But you're so...white!!"
Uuugh.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

kitti kat 28

6,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:00 pm
I am half white (dad) and half hispanic (mom)
On my dad's side there's irish, swedish, andorran, and some other places i can't remember. my dad's family were roamers.

On my mom's there's mexican, argentinan, spanish and italian.

If i don't go out in the sun, I get paler. When I tan, my skin turns olive. However my sisters have paler skin and lighter hair (like my dad). Some ppl don't think my sisters and I are related!

My grandmother used to make tortillas and other spanish/mexican goodies from scratch, but now she has arthritis.

Im born and raised in Texas. I have yet to be north of the Mason-Dixon line. I have a southern accent, but it's not strong unless i'm tired. I didn't know i had an accent till i left the state.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:47 am
heart Sweet ^_^  

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Poetic Pockii

2,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:52 pm
I am Japanese,English [Britain] and Finnish. My mother and her family are from Japan,and my father is from U.K. The Finish part is on my fathers side also. I was born in Kofu,Yakamashi Japan,and lived there until I was in fifth grade before moving to Maine. I have a thick accent and I had a translator until sixth grade since I only knew Japanese. I taught my friends it and from there on out, I spoke English.I'm from a very religious family and I'm proud of it! My family is very small,Only holding thirty seven people...haha!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:10 am
My ethnicity is Scottish/Irish/Mexican (I don't look either of them xD).
Born and raised in Texas, as well.
My dad is from California, mom from Mississippi.

What I hate about being 25% Mexican, is that I can't tell anyone, because if I do, they're all "Speak in Spanish then!", and I don't speak Spanish, so everyone calls me a fake. xD

They Call Me Homewrecker

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:25 am
My ethnicity is Puertorriqueña.
Born in California and raised in Florida.
My parents are from Puerto Rico.

While I love my people's food and culture, I hate the island itself, I don't like mountains, humidity, lack of air conditioners, lack of full pane glass windows (I don't care how storm safe the shutters are, I hate them!), narrow crowded roads, disregard for traffic laws, clustered buildings, narrow hard shores where it's not murky or polluted. burning_eyes

I guess it's ok for a vacation if you stick around San Juan so you won't have to drive (walk or bus) to go someplace nice.

I LOVE Florida! Beautiful beaches, wide open SAFE roads, it's all sea level, trees trees trees, it's just plain beautiful! My attitude also leans a bit towards the redneck side and fried chicken will be the death of me! I also don't speak Spanish and have limited understanding of it, something my extended family finds very disappointing and shameful. (I'm kinda the black sheep, I don't like most of my cousins, aunts, and uncles and they don't like me. One Christmas we had a pot luck dinner at my uncle's house with "traditional" foods, I brought an English pudding I made just to piss off my aunt-in-law and it was one hell of a tasty, good pudding!)

As for the culture, the music is great, especially the "old style" stuff. SAMPLE!

The food is fantastic! Monfongo, Arroz con gandules, coquito, pion, AVOCADOS! 3nodding

Puerto Rico has the best beauty and fashion products at very low prices.

CHRISTMAS!!! No one celebrates Christmas like Puerto Ricans! Celebrations go from Dec. 1st to Jan. 6th!  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff