RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:34 am
... Says that there is usually only thirteen regenerations of a Time Lord! gonk

It also says that it's possible to have more either naturally or due to something else.

What do you think will happen?
I sincerely hope he will continue regenerating, but I don't know.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:36 pm
I think they mentioned that in the first series but I totally agree. I really hope they keep him going!  

DiscordWhovian

Junior Genius

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100

DVHS1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:43 pm
The episode which establishes this, "The Deadly Assassin", also establishes that there are ways around the limit. Plus they can do whatever they want, so they'll find a way if it suits them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:11 pm
Sorry, I've seen the last series(with Matt Smith) and parts of the first season(With William Hartnell). I'm only at the part with the Daleks at the moment.  

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

DVHS1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:35 pm
Well, Deadly Assassin is with Tom Baker, and the only one not to have any companion, one story or long term. And it's also one of the best ever made.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm
Well, we also have to think about how long each regeneration is going to last. I mean the Tenth regeneration lasted for at least two-three seasons and several specials. I don't think Eleven is going anywhere for a while (knock on wood), so I think that the Doctor will probably be around for a while even if he only has thirteen regenerations.  

Sweetestlittledarling

7,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

Deus Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:25 pm
right since you people across the pond here dont know! but we brits get the info first or the only ones to get the info...but there is a reason why there was a time war, so they can rewrite the fluff!
THE TIME LORDS HAVE BYPASSED THERE LAWS SO THEY CAN HAVE A WINNING CHANCE AGAINST THE ENEMY! WHICH MEANS A TIMELORD HAS MANY REGENERATIONS! BUT THERE WAS A LAW WRITTEN BY LORD RASSILON SO THAT THEY CAN ONLY REGENERATE 12 TIMES SO THE TIMELORDS CANT BE MESSING ABOUT WITH CHEATING DEATH! for crying out loud he wouldn't allow a time lord to have immortality! (well actually he would but in a nasty terrible way! livving as nothing but a statue who can see and hear and do nothing more!) but during the war the time lords thrown out all the law so that they can have a winning hand!
even the tenth doctor said the time lords have now changed into nothing but ruthless people who strive for nothing but to win!

alright alright in simple terms he will be back as always because its a way to replace an actor who wants to play as the doctor!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:25 pm
Doesn't the Doctor regenerate into younger doctors? So it'd sound right for there to be only 13 since it'd be weird to have a teenage doctor, he'd seem to be too young if he regenerated all the way to childhood. It will probably stop to....Im guessing 20? He still has to look mature and the right age to be a time lord.....BUT!!!!! he could start regenerating but only staying in his 20s, just changing into different looks. I'm not sure how far the Doctor will go. But i'm hoping for a very long time biggrin  

ll-Mystic Rhythms-ll

Deus Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:59 am
no actually he can regenerate into older forms as well, as Colin baker was older than Peter Davison, while also the 3rd doctor was portrayed to be older then the second. so i doubt he will turn younger all the time. and he can manipulate his form any other way, but he cant change gender.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:19 pm
And for some reason, lately he can't change ginger. XD  

HoIograph

Questionable Browser

grandaire

Ursine Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:34 pm
He'll always find a way to come back.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:59 am
Well, besides his regenerations, we do have to note that there is always the BBC might drop Doctor who like it was in the 80's to be picked up by a later generation.

But I want to see it all, so the best not.

Anyway, I wanna know how they dropped the limits and how the Doctor may be able to avoid the limits and all the extra tid-bits. We all saw him create a clone by sending his extra regeneration energy into a genetic copy of himself(why can't he just clone another hand and keep it on board, just in case?).

And why is he rendered to only 13 regenerations? Did they explain early on(I haven't seen far back yet, but hey, it -is- a time traveling series), and how would his body be limited? Is that just Time Lord biology kicking in? Because he regeneration seems different. The 10th regeneration had too much energy, leaving him sick and able to grow another hand while the 11th left him starving, suggestion he didn't have enough energy. Can natural selection and evolution kick in and figure out the exact amount of energy required to kick death or does it only act according to damage?

OH SURE, MR. AWESOME TEN CAN GET POISON OUT OF HIS SYSTEM BUT NOT RADIATION. /ragecry

Anyway, there just seems to be so much lack of closure and answers when it comes to the Time Lords which I'm hoping will be explained in the next two seasons since the whole River Song(Her name. It strikes a chord. Is it half-reveling? The doctor's song never ends, like a river, or maybe the river of time or the Ood's song...I just feel like there's gotta be so much more to her...) thing seems to be violently spasming with curious action.

ALSO.... As we saw in Turn Left, Earth can't get along without the Doctor. The Universe, although continually trying to kill him, needs Time Lords. Without Time Lords, and without the Doctor, we're doomed, so to speak. Soooo, I'm really hoping that even if the Doctor does die eventually(as he has said, everything has it's time and everything must come to an end), there's needs to be some sort of Time Lord comeback since it's still a bit early for the Universe to end.

Which leaves one with even more questions about the Parallel world Torchwood, though they may be slightly explainable due to that Universe having it's different energy(Rise of the Cybermen, anyone? 10 gave away 10 yrs of his life there...). Still....I want some more answers and always will.  

Aaya-San

Man-Hungry Fatcat

14,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100

The John Henry Eden

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:04 pm
The Master has had more then thirteen so I am sure they will find a loop hole.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:29 pm
The John Henry Eden
The Master has had more then thirteen so I am sure they will find a loop hole.
There are loop-holes. However, one which the Master used is locked away with the rest of the Time Lords.
But more importantly, the limit's 12 regenerations(13 incarnations). I checked different sources and they all agree on this fact.  

silversonic1

Mega Noob

20,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

The John Henry Eden

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:07 pm
regen info http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Regeneration