Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaurak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:00 pm
I was surfing the web, andone way or another, I stumbled upon the following:

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/hpmain.html

As I read the articles, a growing sense of horror seized me. You know those narrow-minded fundies who believe Harry Potter is satanic but most of us have actually never met. These are them. And their message and narrow minded bigotry and blatantly willful misinterpretation of the Potter books are far scarier and more harmful than anything you will find in any of the Harry Potter books.

This has to be a joke....but I don't think it is.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:59 pm
"10 years earlier when Harry's Mom and Dad were psychically murdered by evil Lord Voldemort on Halloween night" Excerpt from the previous site.

Since when did Lord Voldemort use Psychokinesis to murder his victims? Last time I checked Psycho/Telekinetic abilities only manifest through mental conjuration not by means of a wand...  

DagothSelbiath

Pacia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:57 pm
rofl This is really sad... To think somebody has enough spare time and complete lack of a life to dedicate a complete website to the "anti-religousness" of Harry potter has got to be the stupidest obsession I've ever come upon *reads through it just to get a laugh from the completely off ideas*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:36 pm
one of my favorite excerpts:

Retarded website
A. Green -- is Satan's favorite color. Thus, we see that the one fraternity house totally given over to the Black Arts, Slytherin, has adopted green as its color.

since when did we know satan's favorite color? you know this makes harry potter the devils work. along with everytime green is mentioned in the bible. omfg.

i want to read the book about harry potter and pokemon, i love both.  

Baby Phantomhive
Vice Captain

Chibi Slasher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:11 pm
rofl Omg to think someone had this much spare time to creat a site on how "anti-religous" Harry Potter is. Omfg. It's so sad. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:43 pm
majestueux
one of my favorite excerpts:

Retarded website
A. Green -- is Satan's favorite color. Thus, we see that the one fraternity house totally given over to the Black Arts, Slytherin, has adopted green as its color.

since when did we know satan's favorite color? you know this makes harry potter the devils work. along with everytime green is mentioned in the bible. omfg.

i want to read the book about harry potter and pokemon, i love both.
Last time I checked they weren't Frat' houses either. wink That would mean that all the students would have to either be male or have a sex change, and they would all have to be 18 +.  

DagothSelbiath

Pacia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:41 pm
rofl My personal favorite is the part where they compare the anti-religousness of Harry Potter to the Wizard of Oz... I read that and did a double-take! What the heck?!? eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:22 pm
Pacia
rofl My personal favorite is the part where they compare the anti-religousness of Harry Potter to the Wizard of Oz... I read that and did a double-take! What the heck?!? eek
Oh yeah, didn't you hear? Lord Voldemort is no dark wizard. He's really the wicked witch of the west, and Harry Potter is really Dorthy, running around with glossy pink shoes!  

DagothSelbiath

Zaurak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:38 pm
Actually, the site isn't just devoted to Harry Potter. I checked out the rest and it gets even more psycho!

I liked the part where they spelt "Voldemort" "Voldemart."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:00 pm
Zaurak
Actually, the site isn't just devoted to Harry Potter. I checked out the rest and it gets even more psycho!

Thats not a mispelling! Really it's not! Some of us die hard fans are creating a new Super store called Voldemart.  

DagothSelbiath

[Halo]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:19 am
Quote:
Red was the color adopted by the Communists as their official government color. The major reason red is so popular is because Satanism does require human or animal sacrifice, the spilling of blood. Even if a particular coven is not practicing such sacrifice, another coven is practicing it for them.

So now Communists are occult Satanists?

Do they forget that the Christian God once required animal sacrifice?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:25 pm
Quote:
On August 18, 1991, when I was sneaked into a members-only seminar at the House of Theosophy

So, you're bashing Harry Potter's satanic influences, yet you're over here sneaking into seminars?

Heh.

You know, I think this website would give kids more ideas than the books would. All this numerology stuff...Who thinks of these things?

Quote:
Harry and his friends learn how to make drugs, and the glory of taking them

Find me an actual drug reference, and I'll believe you. They had this with it:

Quote:
B. At the end of the book, we see another instance of drug glorification. In order to achieve their goal of the Sorcerer's Stone -- eternal life as explained earlier -- Harry and Hermione have to correctly choose between several bottles full of drug potions, which they are to correctly drink in the right order.

Number one: they weren't drug potions. Potions are not drugs.

Number two: they were only supposed to drink ONE, the one that led them through to the next area. None of them got them high!

This entire website simply takes passages from the book and turns them into something they're not! Now, I can see some of their points, I'm a Christian and do agree with a few of the things they say...but it doesn't make the book evil becuase they make a lot of reference to the number 11, for crying out loud!

Ok, one more I just found that would give children way more ideas than these books ever would:

Quote:
Do you realize Rowling has just made the creator of the Sorcerer's Stone 666 years old? Do you realize what this means? Since the number, '666', is a symbol of Antichrist and his Mark of the Beast [Revelation 13:18] and since Rowling ties this number to the Elixir of Life, Harry Potter is teaching children that the way to achieve eternal life [Elixir of Life] is to obey the Antichrist and take his Mark of the Beast!

What 10-18 year-old reading these books is going to think of this, unless they already know things about the occult? I know I didn't and never would have were it not for this website.  

Spastic waffles

possessed_godness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:48 am
Spastic waffles

Quote:
Harry and his friends learn how to make drugs, and the glory of taking them

Find me an actual drug reference, and I'll believe you. They had this with it:

some people call harry potter POTHEAD
that's the only drug reference i find 3nodding

and since when satan has a GODfather?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:05 pm
DagothSelbiath
Zaurak

Thats not a mispelling! Really it's not! Some of us die hard fans are creating a new Super store called Voldemart.
Hey...I've got the goods. Alleyway behind the wherehouse at eight?

ninja

Spastic waffles

DagothSelbiath

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:05 pm
Spastic waffles
DagothSelbiath
Zaurak

Hey...I've got the goods. Alleyway behind the wherehouse at eight?

ninja

Why yes Madam. Eight would be a most lovely time.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff