Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I need a suggestion for a purification/banashing Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bones89

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 am
Ok, I would to get a recommendation. In my aunt's house there is a room in which my cousin is staying, there is something bothering her. My aunt and I first believed it to be her just starting to settle in. But for the past couple of nights she has complained about a breathtaking experience. And not the good kind. She said whenever she would look into the mirror of and old beau roe and it felt as if her lungs were getting ready to collapse. I went up stairs to the room to get a "feel" of the room. When I walked past the mirror I looked in to it and I got the same feeling. Like I couldn't breath. I tried walking around the rom some more but I was too light headed to do anything else and when I left the room I felt better.

Now my aunt and I both believe and practice in pagan beliefs and aunt and i wondering what we should do. We have focused on the mirror but we can't figure out what we want to do about it in fear/respect of what we may or may not stir up.

suggestions?  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:36 pm
Has your cousin gone to the doctor to have her chest and throat checked out? And has she tried different pillows? Not being able to breathe is a common effect of sleeping incorrectly or having an illness.

Have you opened the windows and aired it out - and checked for air borne pathogens, like carbon monoxide? Carbon monoxide can be lethal.

What sort of pagans are you all? Pagan is too broad a term to know anything about your beliefs.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

bones89

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:08 pm
Deoridhe
Has your cousin gone to the doctor to have her chest and throat checked out? And has she tried different pillows? Not being able to breathe is a common effect of sleeping incorrectly or having an illness.

Have you opened the windows and aired it out - and checked for air borne pathogens, like carbon monoxide? Carbon monoxide can be lethal.

What sort of pagans are you all? Pagan is too broad a term to know anything about your beliefs.

She recently had a physical she has no asthma or breathing conditions. She just moved in about a month ago, so she has brand new sheets and curtains and stuff. And she changes her sheets regularly and its getting warmer and such so the windows have been opened for a few days to get some circulation in the room. My aunt doesn't have any carbon monoxide detectors but wouldn't she be affected as well being as my aunt lives in the same house?

I am on a standing stone path myself I can't speak for my aunt. I have a general focus on the "standard" ? Not to ofend anyone but I just follow a general consensus on paganism. Again I don't mean to offend anyone I just have my own thing going on. I am just looking for a general idea of what i need to do or look for.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:15 pm
bones89
My aunt doesn't have any carbon monoxide detectors but wouldn't she be affected as well being as my aunt lives in the same house?
That'd depend entirely on the concentration of the stuff, and where it was getting in/leaking from. Could also be mold or mildew in the house as well, and that could easily be centered on one room or location, depending on the rot that's gone on.

Quote:
Not to ofend anyone but I just follow a general consensus on paganism.
Which is what, exactly? The problem with general consensus on this is that it only covers the fact you don't worship God in the Jewish/Muslim/Christian sense. Nothing else.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

bones89

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:53 pm
Ok no joke no lie something is in that room. All three of us experienced something that caused us to leave the room.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:12 pm
bones89
Ok no joke no lie something is in that room. All three of us experienced something that caused us to leave the room.
Sure it isn't just imagination or group hysterics? One person feels oppressed by something they can't see, tells the story to others who latch on and expect the feeling, thereby effectively setting it on themselves as well? Happens frequently in cases like this, to be honest.

And you seem to be getting more edgy the more you think there's something there in your posts alone, likely setting you up for a prime 'experience' like that. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:16 pm
bones89

No one is saying there's nothing in the room. There could very well be mold in the room (for instance, if there was a hole in the siding on an exterior wall, and the insulation inside the wall got wet) which can certainly knock the wind out of you and make you sick.

We also need some details about your world view in order to formulate our answers accordingly. For instance, Slavic folk beliefs have a proscribed system to get rid of things that cause similar symptoms, but a) outside the beings Slavic folklore addresses, it probably isn't useful, and b) cussing at mold doesn't make it go away (if that's what it turned out to be).

Are you Standing Stone? How would you describe your aunt (Standing Stone, "Wiccan," Kemetic, etc)?

In the meantime, I really suggest tearing the room apart in whatever fashion is best without destroying it and trying to find some hard, tangible answers. If it will make you more comfortable, you might try smudging it or something along those lines.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:21 pm
Something like this may be a help in the hunt for mold. They seem to average about $17 USD (and $10 per sample), and mold will cause a lot of that oppressive 'I can't breathe' issue that is going around.

Plus, it could be fatal if left unchecked.

If that kit doesn't do it for you, shop around. But do a home swab and dish test for it. It could save family lives.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:28 pm
Byaggha
Something like this may be a help in the hunt for mold. They seem to average about $17 USD (and $10 per sample), and mold will cause a lot of that oppressive 'I can't breathe' issue that is going around.

We used to have this issue when we first moved into this place, especially in the bathroom and the basement. Lo and behold - MOLD! Everywhere! Now that it's cleaned up everything is fine.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:13 pm
If you don't like the mirror, there are a few generic things you can do that might help.

First, you can just get rid of it. Take it off the wall or cover it with a scarf or repurpose it for something like a photo collection. If you make it yours, then it doesn't matter what's "wrong" with it.

Second, you can just go and wash the mirror. The best way is to just mix some dish soap and water in a bowl, then wash the face of the mirror with a washcloth, then rinse with clean water. Things that are clean are much happier, in general.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:03 pm
bones89

One of the functions this guild serves is in de-fluffing pagans.

One of the most common experiences for pagans is the Mr. Dark story - that is a story where one or all of the members of a group are under attack, or there is a malevolent force, or there is an evil person - and everyone in the group has to band together to fight it. By and large these are harmless, however they are the first consideration of most of the members of the guild when responding to posts about some evil force which is threatening someone.

Besides, it just makes sense to check all of the possible organic causes before going spiritual.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:31 pm
At the risk of overcompensating for my well known cynicism, I am going to go out on a limb and assume you're not another Mr. Dark.

But, before I do that, I would like you to take a look through this guild's history and read every cry for help we've come across. Most of those have been a) people looking for attention, b) people looking for ways to make themselves feel special, c) people with psychological issues, d) people with medical issues or e) trolls.

You've discounted the psychological and medical issues. I'm going to explain just why, if you're a troll, looking for attention or looking for a way to make yourself feel better, what you're doing here is immensely immoral.

Paganism is rife, and I mean rife, with idiots. People who, upon deciding that Christianity isn't for them, have decided that they can make up a religion, dress it in the ridiculous garbs of their preconceptions of old cultures and call it paganism. There are a good number of us that have attempted to prevent this from muddying the water.

If you are a, b or e then you are undermining work that has taken years to bear fruit. It goes well beyond a simple joke at other's expense, you damage the credibility of paganism in and of itself by propogating the myth that all pagans are hysterical empty headed fools.

Now, cynicism aside.
Remove the mirror. Rinse it down with saltwater. Clean it with soap and water. Replace it.

If that doesn't work, call in your denomination's priest.

If you don't have one, ask the local Christian priest to come round and do a house blessing. Tell them that, while you acknowledge that there is probably nothing supernatural afoot that the knowledge that someone who has devoted their life to their God is willing to bless the house will have a spiritual and psychological effect none-the-less.

If that doesn't work, move house.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:34 pm
A note to explain, as simple ritual without explanation is pretty much useless.

Salt is a purificant. Good for what ails you, physically and spiritually (ok, there are times when you don't want to treat an injury with salt, but most of the time).

The act of rubbing it down in salt water is physically and symbollically cleansing it. I'd be hesitant to suggest any kind of energetic work unless you happen to understand the energetic system at play here.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:28 am
CuAnnan

Now, cynicism aside.
Remove the mirror. Rinse it down with saltwater. Clean it with soap and water. Replace it.

I often use an infusion of mugwort, white vinegar or rubbing alcohol and a pinch of salt myself.

I've also painted the backs of mirrors with a white wash and then etched it with symbols to seal it.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

bones89

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:58 am
... Ok, I am going to try ro respond to everything I read.

Mr. Dark - I have read, seen, expierinced Mr. Dark stories. And I was not trying to create one. I know what I felt.

Mold? - It is a great possiblity, it is 50 year old house (?) Part of it anyway. I don't actually live there I just visit.

Imagination/Group hysterics - Another possiblity that I am not going to deny. I don't jump staright into spiritual when something happens in any home I may be in. I started to this thread for two reasons. One: My aunt knows I have a gaia account and knows about this guild. (It un-fluffed her a little bit) So she asked if I would ask. Two: I honestly didn't know where else to look with out getting, well, fluff.

Standing Stone? - I follow a standing stone path, I am still in the process of "getting on my feet." I am still searching with in myself to see if I am even right for this. As far as my aunt is concerned we can go ahead and call her a standing stone. She will call herself different things, "wiccan" being one of them. But she isn't... :/ My cousin believes in spirits but I think that is the extent. She does really follow any set religion.

CuAnnan - First I want to say that I respect you as a person (at least to the extent of this guild and Gaia). I actually appreciated your cynicism. One the main things I was worried about when I posted was looking like a troll. I hope that you think that I am not. Second, we did what you suggested and my aunt said things seemed to have calmed down. They moved my cousin out of that room and closing off the room in question. And finally, thankyou.

Thanks to everyone. I really did not want to look like a troll but like I said I didn't reallt know where else to go with this.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff