Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EllieGrace90

Melodious Detective

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:10 pm
Okay... So....

I am WAY obsessed with stripping... Anyways, one of my "friends" online said that stripping was against her beliefs of the goodness of Wicca.... >.<

I told her I am respecting my body... That I am not a nude stripper... That I have the option to actually keep clothes on... Anyways...

What is your opinion?

Discuss:
What is and isn't right for you versus what is or isn't right for others...

Edit: I am Keeping this short... >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:46 pm
Not that I'm an expert on these things, but I would say
that you should confide in the deities you worship about
the situation.
I don't see why they should have a problem since you are
doing something that you love, and you're doing something
to make you happy.  

Rainy-Desu

3,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Befriended 100

Aiedaile

Beloved Shapeshifter

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:50 am
I'm with Rainy. If it something that you love doing, then I don't think it's a problem. Also, isn't stripping a form of dancing?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:55 am
What exactly does she mean by the "goodness of Wicca"?

There is nothing within "Wicca" that prohibits anyone from doing pretty much whatever they want to. If one looks at the Charge of the Goddess, we see the following, which would indicate that getting naked is in fact appropriate...

And as a sign that ye be really free, ye shall be naked in your rites; And ye shall dance, sing, feast, make music and love, All in my praise.

and

For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.

(bolded by me)

So while it may go against your friends particular morals/ethics (what have you), it is not anything that is against the "teachings" of Wicca.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

EllieGrace90

Melodious Detective

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:25 am
Yes, Stripping is a form of dancing...

Thank you all for the comments....

Sweet, I am not sure exactly what she meant... >.<

Thank you all again for commenting on this!! I was almost sure I would have gotten kicked from the group for posting it... Not sure really why I thought that... But yeah...

I love you all!! (^_^)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:16 pm
I'm neither for nor against. Myself, I would not strip, but that is my own personal moral.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

Moonchild Hachi

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:15 pm
It is really up to the person to do whatever they feel like doing. I wouldn't judge anyone for doing what they feel comfortable with and feels like it's respect towards themselves. And if stripping is what one feels comfortable doing, i am in no place to judge. let them have fun doing it!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:29 pm
ultimately to each there own. if you want to strip in your free-time go do it. whatever makes you happy, As toosweet said, all acts of love and pleasure are the goddess's rituals. Though, personally I wouldn't incorporate stripping into the ritual itself, only because I serve Athena, I don't think she wants that. If you wanted though you could, Perhaps with colored cloths and the dancing to build energy. but as far as Wicca goes, at least as far as I know, I don't think any lines are crossed, unless the stripper is unwilling.  

oceantail

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 pm
Humans were brought to this world naked.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:16 pm
[-Erik-]

Totally agree with this one...
Thank you all again for the advice... Actually, I used to be a "cutter" and since stripping has been a part of my life, I can't cut any more... Ultimately this job has landed me in a recovery setting of aprox 5 months... I used to be the kind to cut everywhere multiple times a day... Now, through this, I am learning to respect myself beyond just the whole morality thing... (^_^)

~C~  

EllieGrace90

Melodious Detective

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:06 pm
Crimen Lacrima
[-Erik-]

Thank you all again for the advice... Actually, I used to be a "cutter" and since stripping has been a part of my life, I can't cut any more... Ultimately this job has landed me in a recovery setting of aprox 5 months... I used to be the kind to cut everywhere multiple times a day... Now, through this, I am learning to respect myself beyond just the whole morality thing... (^_^)

~C~

I'm glad you changed that.

There is nothing more pathetic and sad that somebody who doesn't give the proper care and respect to their own body.

No offense, anyone confused  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:09 pm
[-Erik-]
Crimen Lacrima
[-Erik-]

~C~

I'm glad you changed that.

There is nothing more pathetic and sad that somebody who doesn't give the proper care and respect to their own body.

No offense, anyone confused

Im With You 100% On That One  

Nostalgiacola

Mega Nerd

oceantail

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:18 pm
stripping as you portray it is a much better activity then cutting. According to some schools of thought if you commit suicide in this life, you can't progress to the next one, having not learned the lesson intended in this life. So you wind up living a similar life until you learn the lesson.

(PS I got this from talking to an old, friend of the family on the topic of reincarnation. I have no idea if this is just his idea or an actual dogma.) sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:21 am
oceantail
stripping as you portray it is a much better activity then cutting. According to some schools of thought if you commit suicide in this life, you can't progress to the next one, having not learned the lesson intended in this life. So you wind up living a similar life until you learn the lesson.

(PS I got this from talking to an old, friend of the family on the topic of reincarnation. I have no idea if this is just his idea or an actual dogma.) sweatdrop

I guess no one can be sure about that one.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

J. Dragonhater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:37 pm
As far as Wicca is concerned, 'an it harm none do what thou wilt'. Unless you're using your stripped cloths to strangle someone then you're not harming anyone and it is okay.  
The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff