Submit

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:35 pm
Kiri'ua paced nervously back and forth. She exhaled with a long suffering sigh. She thought to herself how she must have been gone from her homelands, her pride. She couldn't remember when she left that guards would even patrol this far out of the forest. She remembered the pride being higher up in the mountain. What had changed? Obviously, something huge had gone down while she took to a rogue life which she grew tired of living.

Kiri peered up at the mountain. Would Maua come? Would her sister help her? Would she even want her around anymore? To be honest, Kiri didn't know if any of their kin were alive anymore. Kiri hadn't bothered to maintain any contact with her family when she left. She realized at the moment she had been a rash child. How foolish to just abandon her people into a world she knew nothing of. Now, she was returning to a home she no longer knew anything about.

To exacerbate her already escalating concerns about returning home, she started to feel paranoid. It had been at least a week before or so that she sent a hawk out to here with a word for Maua. Did it make it here? If it did, would Maua have got it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:23 am
It had taken Maua a bit longer to make it out to the edge of the pridelands then it normally did, pregnancy she supposed will do that to you. Part of her wasn't sure why she had come all the way out here - she could have sent Kivuli she supposed but the rest of her wanted to deal with this herself. It wasn't everyday that a sibling returned home - it had been a long time, Maua wasn't sure exactly what she expected from her sister but Kiri was family and despite her sometimes snarky temperament, family did mean something to her.

She would however have something to say about being made to walk all the way through the common area's of the pride lands. Commoners - ugh she'd mingled with more then enough of them for the day as far as she as concerned just from the trip here. As she broke through the trees she finally caught sight of her sisters familiar white and purple hide. Breaking into a jog as she approached and calling out to her sister "Kiri!, Kiri'un!"

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:35 pm
Initially, Kiri was filled with a rush of fun and fond feelings for Maua. She had the instinct to run up and tackle her, batting her paws all over her like they did as children. She stopped short when she got closer to her. She noticed the bulge in her stomach as well as the cautious way Maua had carried herself.

She smiled wide and beamed at her sister. "The gods be blessed! I have come back just in time it may seem. How exciting!!! My sister is with cubs."
Her overflowing excitement was met with some measure of regret. If only she had been here, she wouldn't have had to miss everything. Still, she couldn't help but feel like some good fortune had driven her back home. "You look well. I'm so glad."

Kiri slowly crept up close to her sister. She deeply wanted to snuggle up to her. To rub her face in her sister's neck as though she were giving her a deep embrace. Surely that would be gentle to her sister's pregnant body. Still, she didn't press her space. She waited to see how her sister would respond. She intended to give her the utmost respect. If anyone would help her back into life here, it was Maua.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:25 am
Maua preened a bit as Kiri noticed her pregnancy, having cubs was both exciting and important to the pride and Maua had no trouble playing the part of proud mother to be. It would be nice to have another set of trustworthy eyes around as well she told herself, when the cubs came - and surely family could be considered trustworthy. "Indeed Kivuli and I are expecting, I don't think it will be much longer" She told her sister in a pleased voice, a fond tone in her voice as she mentioned Kivuli whom had been her best friend as cubs and later well.. clearly something more.

Casting her eye over her sister she nodded her head slightly "As do you - it seems life out in the...rogue lands?..suited you well?" Maua wasn't sure if Kiri had found another pride to live in during her time away or if she had just wandered. Wandered among common beasts..ugh how utterly dreadful. "You must be in a hurry to return" she told her sister sincerely, Maua knew she would be hot footing it back if she had to spend more then an afternoon out amidst the mongrels. "And so very much has changed since you left" She continued with a slight motion of her muzzle "It will be a long walk back I'm afraid I no longer move with my usual grace - but it will give us time to catch up"

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am
Kiri's heart swam with happiness that her sister was happy at their meeting. That certainly made doing all of this so much more easier. Even if the other nobles scrutinized her. She had at least one person she could count on. She tried to remember woh this Kivuli was, but if she had any real guess, it was probably the cub who on more than one occassion took her sister away from her. Or as a cub, that was how it felt. She knew as she got older he wasn't taking her away. Certainly, there would be times her sister would wanna play with someone else more than her own litter mate.

"Yes. Well, I am back for good this time. I was never able to fit in out there. I kept trying to figure out why that was. To be honest, I think part of me still always belonged here with this pride. I just couldn't see it. Do you think the King will welcome me back?"

Kiri considered it might be a long walk back up to the mountain top. "I am sorry. I know you might not enjoy the walk through all of this." She motioned to all the commoners she saw scurrying about on the forest floor before her. Well, that was if her sister still considered herself as better than them as she used to.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:52 am
Maua glanced at her sister as she mentioned the King - of course she wouldn't know now would she? She had left when the old cruel Kin was in charge - had been absent through all the upheaval and infighting. That was probably a good thing Maua thought to herself - her sister, well she was a far sight kinder and softer then she was and who knows how she might have come through that mess. Maybe stronger...or hurt. Maua decided not to think about those things and for all she knew her sister wasn't anything like that anymore. It had been quite a while after all.

"The new king seem's quite practical and far kinder then the old" She assured her sister "I doubt he will object to your return" She concluded as she eyes the mongrel beasts in the forest. None of them were bothering her at the moment however and so she couldn't really complain about it. She walking through their part of the pride lands after all - she could only really say something if they wandered up to the mountain which thankfully they rarely did. "It's fine, they're keeping a respectful distance"

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Kiri was quick to follow after her sister. She started to feel some level of surprise at seeing so many of the lions living in the forest. She had remembered their forest would sometimes be the temporary home to some canines, which she hated; or sometimes it had other felines. Still, she couldn't recall ever seeing this many lions.

As she observed them as they moved up towards the mountain, she did notice one thing. Most of these had coats that weren't as lavish in purple as her own or her sister's. This made her curious.

"Sister. If you don't mind my asking, what is your standing here in the pride now?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:25 am
"My standing?" Maua asked as she glanced back at her sister - of course Kiri has left when she was quite young still, before the chaos and arrival of the new king "I'm a noble, as is Kivuli and King willing our cubs as well" They would be of course..they had to be, they had to have at least some purple on their hides, both she and Kivuli were so blessed after all.

"The new King choose to keep the noble class in place for those born with the royal color on thier pelt" She explained after a few moments of silence "Though some of them choose to be nurses and the like as well...good solid noble profession if your into that sort of thing" Maua was not..she couldn't fathom spending her time listening to the whining of the wounded or being near the sickly.

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:23 pm
Her heart was warmed to hear her sister speak this way. She had always knew Maua to be very into her status. It was one of those traits that can at times annoy some lions, but at the same time, it's incredibly refreshing since it helps let lions know some people are consistent. Kiri felt this way completely. She was feeling her bond with her sister returning.

She thought about the idea of the royal choosing to become nurses. What an act of humility that was. She had to admire anyone who took that on of their own free will. On the one hand, Kiri wouldn't want to live down in the forest. What.. with chance of having to daily deal with any dogs at all... Still, she thought that couldn't be too bad a fate. To heal the hurting...

To serve one's people could be a great endeavor. Kiri made a point to tuck that thought away until she had time to talk to the other nobles. She was certain that herself must be a noble too. If Maua was... then Kiri knew she too must be one.

It was uncertain how much time had been passing as they made their way through the trees; her talking with her sister. She just smiled at her sister with a face full of relief. "It sure does feel good to be back. The closer we get... My heart feels like this is the right thing for me. I almost feel like I should have returned sooner."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:39 pm
Maua was rather pleased once they passed through the forest and made their way back to the mountain where she and in her opinion her sister belonged - though she was pretty sure that Kiri wasn't quite as opposed to spending time among the commoners as she was. Well neither was Kivuli and while Maua found that annoying - she wasn't going to hold it against them, even if they were wrong...

"I imagine it does!" She agreed "I couldn't imagine wandering about off the mountain for any length of time" she told her sister with a warm look. As they made their way up the mountain Maua picked up the pace slightly, glad to be home home...not slumming it home. " And I'm sure the King will be more then glad to have another Noble about, I believe there are still some good dens open even"

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 am
Kiri's eyes twinkled with the idea of her own den. Moreover, any den to be exact would suit her fine. She hadn't slept in a den since.... well, since she left the pride. She had always been wandering. She never stayed in one area for more than a few nights.

Then, her thoughts dwelled on her sister's mention of being a noble. The idea of being a noble made her feel slightly ashamed that she had left her pride to begin with. However, she had already gone and already returned. She then began to feel compelled to find a way to repay her disloyalty to her pride. Surely, she would find something she could do here. Even as a noble, she wanted to find a way to 'repay' an intangible debt she felt to her people. She wanted to feel like she was earning back her Noble status.

As they entered the mountain, her eyes began to tear. She forgot how beautiful it was up here. Passing all the lions of purple coats made her heart grow and thump. Her spirit gave a sigh of great relief, and her tears multiplied.

"Oh, Maua, this truly is somewhere I belong. I feel as though the mountain itself has opened up its arms for me; to welcome me home!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:34 am
Maua paused slightly at the tone in her sisters voice - was...was she crying? crap she was...Maua had never been the best at comforting other's and quite honestly she had no idea how to deal crying when it happened, of course these didn't seem to be sad tears, more like happy tears which was even more confusing. Her tail twitched slightly, you know what? it was probably best to just ignore it Maua told herself as she started forward again, I mean its not like shes injured or anything right? Right.

"Of course it welcomes you" She called over her shoulder "This is where you belong - its where you've always belonged,sometimes I expect you don't realize things like that until you loose them for a time" she continued remembering the one large fight she'd had with Kivuli in their youth, for a little while they hadn't spoken and Maua had truly realized how much he meant to her then

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:32 pm
Kiri nodded to herself. That made tons of sense! Perhaps there were many things in life that one could never fully appreciate till they felt the loss or absence of it. Kiri gave her sister an admiring smile. What a wise sister. Kiri just knew that Maua would be the best mom, full of wisdom and good advice.

Kiri gave passing glances to the dens and lions as they made their way. It was then her mind began to wonder. What is the next thing to do? Now that she's made her way back... Should she appear before the King? And, if she did.. how did they do it now? Should she request an audience? Should she see if someone could get him to summon her?

"Maua. I want to do this right you know. What do you think would be the best course of action? Should I ask someone about seeing the King? I'd like to be officially accepted back into the pride. I really wanna find a way to make a contribution to everyone. I feel like I owe them that much... at least..."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:53 am
Maua pondered her sisters question for a few moments before answering - after all it wouldn't do to give her sister ill advice now would it and matters of the court should be carefully though out before acted upon. One little slip up and well..,sometimes it was hard to save face among the nobles when a mistake was made.

Of course this king as far more forgiving then the old one had been and while he showed far to much kindness towards the heathenish creatures below in her opinion (Which was an opinion she would keep safety to herself) - he did seem to be basically a kind sort.

"I think you could just request an audience with him: She finally answered ""Perhaps he can advise you how best to serve the pride"

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Kiri nodded. Yeah. That did seem like a good idea. Kiri wanted to go do this as soon as possible, but her journey back to the pride, journey through the forest, and the journey up onto the mountain had all taken its toll.

She paused for a moment to sit down. She looked around at the lions who roamed the mountain. Then she looked at Maua.

"Sister, would I have to do that before I can get a den? I guess it would make sense. It's just... I feel like I'd much rather embark on that after having myself a good nap. Then, I'd be spry and energetic. I'd be all revved up for a to-do with the king, and afterwards, I can look into whatever role I'll be playing here."

Then, Kiri was overcome with gratitude and adoration for her sister. Her face flushed as her eyes glistened towards her sister. "You... are so wonderful. I can't thank you enough for welcoming me with such open arms. What would I do without you? Only the gods would know what I've managed to do without you all this time! I love you so much sis. I feels so good to be back."

Then, she moved towards her sister to lick the side of her face just barely. She leaned to brush affectionately against her, but then she slowed and waited. Oh yeah.. her babies.

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff