Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Your ethnicity? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:28 pm
So gals, what's your ethnicity/ethnicities? What are your countries of origin? Just wondering. I think we should all be proud of our heritage smile Though I feel bad because I'm a bit of a mutt, so I have no one heritage to stick to xD

I'm mostly (in this order) Portuguese, German, Italian, Irish and a little bit of other things that i'm not sure of hahaha..

I usually consider myself Portuguese-Italian because that's where my cultural influence comes in. My mom's side is the German-Irish side which is where I get the blonde hair (I dyed it brown) and paler skin (though I still love my olive undertone) but my dad's side is the side that actually has personality coming through xD On my moms side there's NO sign of any cultural significance, at all. Except for the boys name Otto that's been passed down as a middle name from our German Great-Grandfather i think. Other than that, none xD however if we visit my dad's side in Long Island (Portuguese-Italian) there's definitely some culture showing through there, so I like to consider myself more Portuguese-Italian. Though I've been to Germany and I love it there too, so I'm learning German to take more interest in my roots (along with Italian)

What are your ethnicities???? We should all be proud of our heritage.

(PS- Jersey Shore makes me cringe xD Baaad stereotypes even though my cousins from Long Island fit them perfectly. I'm like...... ouch...... hahaha)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:34 pm
I am prodominately Swedish-Finnish, which is incredibly apparent if you look at me because I'm blonde and incredibly pale.
I'm also Cherokee, like a 1/8...which is a lot if you think about it, but the only thing I have to show for that is deep set eyes.

The rest is a mix of Irish, English and German.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

dreamlikediana

Fashionable Cutesmasher

6,275 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:28 pm
The_Brightest_Moon
So gals, what's your ethnicity/ethnicities? What are your countries of origin? Just wondering. I think we should all be proud of our heritage smile Though I feel bad because I'm a bit of a mutt, so I have no one heritage to stick to xD

I'm mostly (in this order) Portuguese, German, Italian, Irish and a little bit of other things that i'm not sure of hahaha..

I usually consider myself Portuguese-Italian because that's where my cultural influence comes in. My mom's side is the German-Irish side which is where I get the blonde hair (I dyed it brown) and paler skin (though I still love my olive undertone) but my dad's side is the side that actually has personality coming through xD On my moms side there's NO sign of any cultural significance, at all. Except for the boys name Otto that's been passed down as a middle name from our German Great-Grandfather i think. Other than that, none xD however if we visit my dad's side in Long Island (Portuguese-Italian) there's definitely some culture showing through there, so I like to consider myself more Portuguese-Italian. Though I've been to Germany and I love it there too, so I'm learning German to take more interest in my roots (along with Italian)

(PS- Jersey Shore makes me cringe xD Baaad stereotypes even though my cousins from Long Island fit them perfectly. I'm like...... ouch...... hahaha)

・・・・・★
─┼──────┼─

And when i think of the future, what lies ahead, and when i don't see myself where i want...

haha your not the only one. i don't feel alone in this thing anymore, cant help who people breed with. i usually call myself a mix breed cuz naturally my parents were born from Poland. but my dad's side of the family is actually from germany and then my mom side is russian, but my great great grandfather married someone japanese so i'm japanese and russian. i have most of the recessive genes. lol.

yay to heritages. i wanna learn more about my family history and make a family tree. it'd be interesting to have.

...my heart drops down to my rib cage passed the locks and keys with it's wings chained up to the bars of my body.
─┼──────┼─
★・・・・・

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:00 pm
I'm a European mutt. =3=

Irish
Scottish
English/Welsh
Swedish
Swiss
Belgian
German
French
Austrian

=3=  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

faretheewell

Eloquent Informer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:03 pm
I'm ethnically Mennonite. Russian Mennonite if you want to be specific about it, which means that my family took Tsarina Catherine the Great's offer to live in Russia, not that I have any Russian heritage. If you go far enough back, my family was most likely Dutch. But we gave up our claims to that heritage when we became Mennonite. My family moved through--and lived in--Prussia for a few generations before settling in Russia.

My father's father's family acted as medics in the Crimean War and part of the colony moved to Crimea after the war was over. It didn't work out quite as well as they had hoped, so a group of them left in the 1860s. They had a falling out on the way, and part of that group went to South America, and the rest of them, including my grandfather's family, went to the US. My great-grandfather then moved his family to Canada to avoid conscription in the World Wars.

The rest of my family stayed in Russia until after the Russian Revolution and ended up coming to Canada as refugees in the 1920s. The Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) was set up by North American Mennonites to provide aid to their families and fellows in Russia. It has grown to a very well-respected humanitarian and development aid organization that operates world-wide.

My mother's mother's family had been farmers near Omsk, Russia. After the revolution, the Mennonite colonies in the area were attacked and persecuted by all sides of the resulting civil war. The Black army caused the most grief in the area where my family lived. They finally packed up and left in 1926. They landed in Quebec and settled in Manitoba.

I'm very proud of my heritage, and am still a practicing Mennonite. I find a lot of meaning in the pacifist beliefs and great humanitarian tradition of the Mennonite church.

Cultural note: Almost 100 years ago the first woman was ordained in Holland. It was in a Mennonite church.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:11 pm
I'm Maltese, (not the dog) French, Indian, and Scottish.

I have my grandfather's eye color and hes pure indian. I have the fine French hair, the large Maltese eyes and strong jaw, and I really don't know what scottish traits I have.  

Matron Mord Sith

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:24 pm
German / Black.
Not sure where my black ancestors are from, and I'm not really concerned about it, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:25 pm
Matron Mord Sith
I'm Maltese, (not the dog) French, Indian, and Scottish.

I have my grandfather's eye color and hes pure indian. I have the fine French hair, the large Maltese eyes and strong jaw, and I really don't know what scottish traits I have.

Haha I can tell sorta (in a good way). there's resemblance. Cool!  

The_Brightest_Moon

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:29 pm
Color mi Amazing
The_Brightest_Moon

・・・・・★
─┼──────┼─

And when i think of the future, what lies ahead, and when i don't see myself where i want...

haha your not the only one. i don't feel alone in this thing anymore, cant help who people breed with. i usually call myself a mix breed cuz naturally my parents were born from Poland. but my dad's side of the family is actually from germany and then my mom side is russian, but my great great grandfather married someone japanese so i'm japanese and russian. i have most of the recessive genes. lol.

yay to heritages. i wanna learn more about my family history and make a family tree. it'd be interesting to have.

...my heart drops down to my rib cage passed the locks and keys with it's wings chained up to the bars of my body.
─┼──────┼─
★・・・・・

Haha thats confusing xD I get watcha mean lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:31 pm
faretheewell
I'm ethnically Mennonite. Russian Mennonite if you want to be specific about it, which means that my family took Tsarina Catherine the Great's offer to live in Russia, not that I have any Russian heritage. If you go far enough back, my family was most likely Dutch. But we gave up our claims to that heritage when we became Mennonite. My family moved through--and lived in--Prussia for a few generations before settling in Russia.

My father's father's family acted as medics in the Crimean War and part of the colony moved to Crimea after the war was over. It didn't work out quite as well as they had hoped, so a group of them left in the 1860s. They had a falling out on the way, and part of that group went to South America, and the rest of them, including my grandfather's family, went to the US. My great-grandfather then moved his family to Canada to avoid conscription in the World Wars.

The rest of my family stayed in Russia until after the Russian Revolution and ended up coming to Canada as refugees in the 1920s. The Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) was set up by North American Mennonites to provide aid to their families and fellows in Russia. It has grown to a very well-respected humanitarian and development aid organization that operates world-wide.

My mother's mother's family had been farmers near Omsk, Russia. After the revolution, the Mennonite colonies in the area were attacked and persecuted by all sides of the resulting civil war. The Black army caused the most grief in the area where my family lived. They finally packed up and left in 1926. They landed in Quebec and settled in Manitoba.

I'm very proud of my heritage, and am still a practicing Mennonite. I find a lot of meaning in the pacifist beliefs and great humanitarian tradition of the Mennonite church.

Cultural note: Almost 100 years ago the first woman was ordained in Holland. It was in a Mennonite church.

wow!! You're lucky you know so much history about your family!!! I just heard family stories from my dad and uncle but that's the most I know :/ That's really cool  

The_Brightest_Moon

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:41 pm
In order I'm
scotts/ irish 1/2
german 1/4
cherokee 1/8
welsh 1/16
english 1/16

these are aproximations but most of my herritage is from the british isles. I also have some stuff I dunno what it is. My dad's mom was adopted in the 50s so all she knows is that she's half Cherokee. My dad's grand dad was a Nazi soldier who fled to America with his family when it came to belief he was plotting the assasination of Hitler. My mom's side of the family came to America during the potatoe famine in Ireland, and Scottland during the 1800. And, my favorate story, in the 1760s a Welsh princess (? not really a princess but daughter to someone in a lower royal position) stowed away in the ship her peasant lover was being shipped to Georgia in(to work off his tax debt he gained for falling in love with royalty). They got married shortly after landing and became revolutionaries. They had 7 kids before he died in the war but she never remarried.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:45 pm
I am a mutt.
I'm mixed with African-American,
French,
German,
Irish,
Japanese (you can't see it though)
English,
Indian,
and a few other things that I can't remember at the moment.  

iDorkosaurous_Rex

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:53 pm
I'm Irish, German, Polish, Dutch and Native American, and maybe French and Austrian. I'm and 8th Native American. I got it from both sides, my mom is an 8th and my dad is a 16th. I'm not sure how it works, but I think I'm an 8th... It shows to, I have high cheeckbones, short stocky stature with a small skeletal frame that is characteristic of my tribe. I don't get sunburned either, I used to when I was little, but my skin just doesn't burn easily. Its a bit darker to, when I get a suntan, its the same color as my ancestors was. Other than that, I look pretty white with my dark blond hair and green eyes! XD Speakng of hair, mine is frizz-proof, thanks again to my Native blood. Seriously, it withstands any wheather without going all crazy! Its really straigt to, even when it gets wet its still sleek. :/ At least I think thats why. We have great hair. My Grandpa isin't bald yet and he's like 60 something! Have you ever seen an entrely bald Native American? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:25 pm
froggymama89
In order I'm
scotts/ irish 1/2
german 1/4
cherokee 1/8
welsh 1/16
english 1/16

these are aproximations but most of my herritage is from the british isles. I also have some stuff I dunno what it is. My dad's mom was adopted in the 50s so all she knows is that she's half Cherokee. My dad's grand dad was a Nazi soldier who fled to America with his family when it came to belief he was plotting the assasination of Hitler. My mom's side of the family came to America during the potatoe famine in Ireland, and Scottland during the 1800. And, my favorate story, in the 1760s a Welsh princess (? not really a princess but daughter to someone in a lower royal position) stowed away in the ship her peasant lover was being shipped to Georgia in(to work off his tax debt he gained for falling in love with royalty). They got married shortly after landing and became revolutionaries. They had 7 kids before he died in the war but she never remarried.

O_o... wow.... maybe she was a Dutchess? Noble? Its so sad that he died in the war >_< happy ending never happen in real life when there's the word 'war' or 'revolutionary' involved  

The_Brightest_Moon

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:28 pm
xXElectric_EmeraldsXx
I'm Irish, German, Polish, Dutch and Native American, and maybe French and Austrian. I'm and 8th Native American. I got it from both sides, my mom is an 8th and my dad is a 16th. I'm not sure how it works, but I think I'm an 8th... It shows to, I have high cheeckbones, short stocky stature with a small skeletal frame that is characteristic of my tribe. I don't get sunburned either, I used to when I was little, but my skin just doesn't burn easily. Its a bit darker to, when I get a suntan, its the same color as my ancestors was. Other than that, I look pretty white with my dark blond hair and green eyes! XD Speakng of hair, mine is frizz-proof, thanks again to my Native blood. Seriously, it withstands any wheather without going all crazy! Its really straigt to, even when it gets wet its still sleek. :/ At least I think thats why. We have great hair. My Grandpa isin't bald yet and he's like 60 something! Have you ever seen an entrely bald Native American? biggrin

Hahaha nice! I have pale olive skin so I never get actually pale. I keep a slight golden glow all year and I love it- in the summer I NEVER burn (I've gotten maybe a total of 5 small sunburns in my entire life, mostly just on my nosebridge) and I get a really deep, natural gold tan by just stepping outside. therefore, I love mediterranian skin xD Though I get the extremely thick and wavy hair that's impossible to get a brush through on some days xD ethnic traits are confuzzling.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff