Reply Debate and Discussion
I need proof about God for a friend Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guakamori

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:51 pm
I'm in such a perfect/peaceful mood right now - - I just finished talking to one of my friends...

I need proof about God for her...

she said she hasn't been to church since Easter cuz she doesn't really have proof that He's there...

she's my friend and I love her so i want to help her smile i mean - - it's not like she doesn't believe in God... and i think she'll go to Heaven anyways because she's such a good person!... but she thinks it's kinda sad that she hasn't been to Church in a long time...

i have plenty of proof of God in my life, but i can't really just hand that to her... we've never really met in real life - - we've just talked over the internet and stuff... but yeah - - she's still one of my best friends EVER...

anyways - - do any of you guys have any proof that i could give her that God is really there??? (I think she believes in Him, she just isn't 100% sure yet)

it's not like i want to, "save," her like people on here are always saying... i think she's already been saved, and i also think God saves everybody - - not just people who believe in Him... some people never get the opportunity to hear about Him/believe in Him, but they're still really good people... so yeah...

but yeah - - any proof, people??? i want her to feel good about herself 3nodding smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:00 pm
God is taken on faith, not proof. There is no proof, so we must have faith. That's the whole point.  

Sinner

Fierce_Deity12345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:02 pm
Ben-Kun
I'm in such a perfect/peaceful mood right now - - I just finished talking to one of my friends...

I need proof about God for her...

she said she hasn't been to church since Easter cuz she doesn't really have proof that He's there...

she's my friend and I love her so i want to help her smile i mean - - it's not like she doesn't believe in God... and i think she'll go to Heaven anyways because she's such a good person!... but she thinks it's kinda sad that she hasn't been to Church in a long time...

i have plenty of proof of God in my life, but i can't really just hand that to her... we've never really met in real life - - we've just talked over the internet and stuff... but yeah - - she's still one of my best friends EVER...

anyways - - do any of you guys have any proof that i could give her that God is really there??? (I think she believes in Him, she just isn't 100% sure yet)

it's not like i want to, "save," her like people on here are always saying... i think she's already been saved, and i also think God saves everybody - - not just people who believe in Him... some people never get the opportunity to hear about Him/believe in Him, but they're still really good people... so yeah...

but yeah - - any proof, people??? i want her to feel good about herself 3nodding smile

Well, even if you're a good person, you'll still go to hell if you havent given yourself to Jesus. There was a comercial on Trinity Broadcasting, its a christian channel, and there where people talking about Hell being populated by Good and Morale people, but never went to heaven cause they didnt give themselves to god. So it doesnt matter how good you are. And secondly, just have the friewnd go to church with your family and ask the pastor to show her Jesus. When my friend went, when they gave themselves to Jesus, they said "The world isnt as dark a place as it used to be, and i feel this strange, but good sensation." That was GOD. The strange sensation, the 'light' in the world. Thats proof for ya. And just wait for some random miracle to happen. Or, i dont sugest this, take her to a Exorcism. They can be a little creepy, so i dont really think you should, but it shows how God can cast out Evil Spirits residing within a person. Thats proof as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:04 pm
Sinner
God is taken on faith, not proof. There is no proof, so we must have faith. That's the whole point.

True. You cant see air, so you have no proof its there, but you know its there cause you believe it is cause you have faith that it is.  

Fierce_Deity12345

Fierce_Deity12345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:05 pm
Sinner
Fierce_Deity12345
Or, i dont sugest this, take her to a Exorcism. They can be a little creepy, so i dont really think you should, but it shows how God can cast out Evil Spirits residing within a person. Thats proof as well.

rofl
biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:05 pm
Fierce_Deity12345
Sinner

True. You cant see air, so you have no proof its there, but you know its there cause you believe it is cause you have faith that it is.

That's crap. There is proof that air exists. Although we cannot always see air, it has a clear and visible effect on things that we can observe. The existance of air is clearly proven.

God, on the other hand, is not.  

Sinner

Sinner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:06 pm
Fierce_Deity12345
Sinner
Fierce_Deity12345
Or, i dont sugest this, take her to a Exorcism. They can be a little creepy, so i dont really think you should, but it shows how God can cast out Evil Spirits residing within a person. Thats proof as well.

rofl
biggrin

I deleted that since I don't want this to get turned into a debate, but in case you didn't get it, your claim that exorcisms are "proof" is absurd.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:06 pm
Sinner
Fierce_Deity12345
Sinner

That's crap. There is proof that air exists. Although we cannot always see air, it has a clear and visible effect on things that we can observe. The existance of air is clearly proven.

God, on the other hand, is not.

So? It works.  

Fierce_Deity12345

Guakamori

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:07 pm
Sinner

I know that - - but there is proof of God in our lives... i think to notice that proof, though, you have to have faith first...

she's Christian, but just the kind that goes to Church a few times a year... but she's a good person!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:08 pm
Fierce_Deity12345
So? It works.

No, it doesn't work. You were wrong. We do have proof that air exists, but we do not have proof that God exists. There's a huge difference between the two, and your comparison is complete and utter garbage.  

Sinner

Fierce_Deity12345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:08 pm
Sinner
Fierce_Deity12345
Sinner
Fierce_Deity12345

rofl
biggrin

I deleted that since I don't want this to get turned into a debate, but in case you didn't get it, your claim that exorcisms are "proof" is absurd.

I know. Im just dissing you. Hmm. This is proving Ablazed's point..........  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:09 pm
Ben-Kun
Sinner

I know that - - but there is proof of God in our lives... i think to notice that proof, though, you have to have faith first...

she's Christian, but just the kind that goes to Church a few times a year... but she's a good person!

Oh, I see. You're not actually looking for proof. (After all, it isn't proof if you need to have faith first.) You're looking for something inspirational.

Now, that's a completely different subject altogether.  

Sinner

Fierce_Deity12345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:09 pm
Sinner
Fierce_Deity12345
So? It works.

No, it doesn't work. You were wrong. We do have proof that air exists, but we do not have proof that God exists. There's a huge difference between the two, and your comparison is complete and utter garbage.

Think what you want. Miracles happen every day.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:10 pm
Ben-Kun
Sinner

That goes back to my first post. It doesnt matter if shes good or not.  

Fierce_Deity12345

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces