Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which game is better?
  Spirit Tracks
  Phantom Hourglass
View Results

Andykin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:12 am
It seems like Spirit Tracks has been getting a bad rap, but tbh I think I like Spirit Tracks better. I hated how you had to keep going back to the Temple of the Ocean King in PH, that shizz was super redundant, and made the game significantly less fun for me. Still a great game though. What do you guys think?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:20 am
Not sure about the legality of this topic, since it is a vs thread, but it's not about characters.. confused Ah well, it's Zelda so I'd post either way.

I haven't played all of ST yet, but from what I've experienced, I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass a lot more.

Also, you'll probably go back and forth to the Spirit Tower as many times as you go to the Temple of the Ocean King. User Image I think the two-person puzzles are far more annoying than the Temple's timer; I'd rather be rushed than FORCED to take longer because Zelda is an idiot. I wish you could control her like Gongoron instead of having to draw paths everywhere for her.

Cabron the Swan

Andykin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:26 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
Not sure about the legality of this topic, since it is a vs thread, but it's not about characters.. confused Ah well, it's Zelda so I'd post either way.

I haven't played all of ST yet, but from what I've experienced, I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass a lot more.

Also, you'll probably go back and forth to the Spirit Tower as many times as you go to the Temple of the Ocean King. User Image I think the two-person puzzles are far more annoying than the Temple's timer; I'd rather be rushed than FORCED to take longer because Zelda is an idiot. I wish you could control her like Gongoron instead of having to draw paths everywhere for her.

It's been awhile since I've been here so sorry if I've broken any rules sweatdrop

How far are you into the game?

You do go to the Spirit Tower a lot, but you don't go to the same areas every time. In PH it felt like you had to do the same stuff over and over.

I agree though, controlling Zelda does get annoying sometimes  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:34 am
Andykin
Lady Psycho Sexy

It's been awhile since I've been here so sorry if I've broken any rules sweatdrop

How far are you into the game?

You do go to the Spirit Tower a lot, but you don't go to the same areas every time. In PH it felt like you had to do the same stuff over and over.

I agree though, controlling Zelda does get annoying sometimes
I just got the second rail map. Normally I blast through Zelda games, but ST is boring the crap out of me.

True, you don't have to spelunk all the floors this time around, but PH had shortcuts you could take to make the trip shorter. Also, anything timed provides a built-in challenge. Ever made it to floor 13 with all your sand left? It can be done. wink

The rails bug me too. I thought you'd be able to draw your own rails. This system has me going around in circles taking five times as long as I should to get from point A to point B because I'm avoiding killer trains. User Image

Cabron the Swan

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18 am
For dungeon crawling, combat, and most items, I prefer Spirit Tracks.
For overworld travel though, I gotta go with Phantom Hourglass.

Everything takes so friggin' long in ST. Feels to me likes they could have cut the distances almost in half, or at least made a faster train...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:21 am
Combat bugs me too. I'm used to rolling PH style, so sometimes I roll when I want to attack, and attack when I want to roll. -.-  

Cabron the Swan

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:41 am
My only beef with ST is the slow-a** train and the lack of variety when it comes to sidequests. Otherwise, it's a good sequel.

But since getting around is just such a huge pain in the a**, I like PH better.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:47 am
Waynebrizzle
My only beef with ST is the slow-a** train and the lack of variety when it comes to sidequests. Otherwise, it's a good sequel.

I hate how the killer trains are faster than you crying  

5ir Psycho 5exy

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:27 am
5ir Psycho 5exy
Waynebrizzle

I hate how the killer trains are faster than you crying
You'd think the large amount of armor on them would slow them down, but nooooo....  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:05 pm
I love the one poll option XD  

Owwin

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:57 pm
Owwin
I love the one poll option XD
I love how the first post has the opposite opinion of the one poll option.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:38 pm
Omg I had two options when I made it crying
Edit: K fixed

As for overworld travel, I never really felt the need to go ALLL over the map in phantom hourglass, so that part didn't bother me. And plus, eventually you unlock enough of the railmap to go practically anywhere on it. I like unlocking new areas, something about it is just fun xd  

Andykin

Andykin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:42 pm
dragn99

Everything takes so friggin' long in ST. Feels to me likes they could have cut the distances almost in half, or at least made a faster train...

You can warp from place to place though, if you have to. It takes just about as long as the boat did really.

When it comes to the armored evil train things, you can fire at them with your cannon to stop 'em from chasing you, so I didn't mind them as soon as I got the cannon xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:05 pm
Andykin
dragn99

You can warp from place to place though, if you have to. It takes just about as long as the boat did really.

When it comes to the armored evil train things, you can fire at them with your cannon to stop 'em from chasing you, so I didn't mind them as soon as I got the cannon xd
It takes about as long to get to the warp gate as it would to just drive there most of the time.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:09 pm
They're both really good.
I was hungry for more at the end of PH, so I don't mind a similar game.

The only thing I can complain about is that they changed the way you roll, which caused me so much trouble for like 3/4 of the game.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff