Would you play a Pokemon MMO.
  Without a doubt!
  Maybe...
  Only if it was Free2Play.
  Yeah... no.
View Results

Evamortte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:15 am
I for the longest time have wished Nintendo would do a Pokemon MMO. I would love to play as a trainer in the Pokemon world filled with other trainers, and for once it actually would be your own adventure instead of the one Nintendo leads you on.
Just imagine being able to go to all the continents and compete in their respective leagues, being able to partake in tourneys, competing with other players in beauty contests, or being able to interact with the world and your pokemon on a deeper level.
I'm not sure if I'd play it with a subscription though, definitely initial purchase and have it supported by aesthetic microtransaction items though.
On the other hand though I'd only play it on PC though, and knowing Nintendo they'd restrict ANY communication to friend codes. :/ That and turn based combat would be a bit of a drag in an MMO. Though a real time pokemon game where you control the pokemon in combat directly would be really sweet.

What are your opinions and ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 am
There's like... a thread about this every month it seems.

And I don't think anyone would oppose the development of a non-grind style Pokemon MMO.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 am
[Kegan]
There's like... a thread about this every month it seems.

And I don't think anyone would oppose the development of a non-grind style Pokemon MMO.
No grind at all? You've crossed the line!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:08 am
hmm... third person behind-trainer veiw, customisable trainers, manga-esque graphics to fit the normal aesthetic... i'd play it!

actually seeing the pokemon rendered in real time around you would be awesome too... im imagining the safari zone.

and what if you were to fight lugia? that would look awesome!  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:15 am
fire - link
hmm... third person behind-trainer veiw, customisable trainers, manga-esque graphics to fit the normal aesthetic... i'd play it!

actually seeing the pokemon rendered in real time around you would be awesome too... im imagining the safari zone.

and what if you were to fight lugia? that would look awesome!
Teams adventures could work like dungeons in FFXI did... (Without all the FFXI style repetitive kill the same thing over and over for 2 months style of leveling) Form a team and head inside the event zone, maybe even NPC style replacements when a person disconnects, like in brawl and L4D.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:13 pm
i think grinding is good in pokemon though, unlike FF, it actually works and it isnt that boring...

i dont know about NPC teams though, or even player teams, but Doubles matches in fully rendered pokemon Stadiums would be pure awesome!

the one thing it DOESNT need though, is a new region... i have had enough of the games and the pokemon getting steadily worse in each new region.

maybe travel between the four regions, since im certain it would have THOUSANDS/MILLIONS of players, they could have all four current mainsteam regions (not almia though, there wasnt anything too special about that...). players could travel between each to get their perfect team.

plus, Teams Rocket/Galactic/Aqua/Magma all in one game? awesome.  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:13 pm
User Image
I would probably only play it if they did it in 2-D. I never really enjoyed the three-dimensional Pokemon instalments; not to mention the sheer graphic lag that would be caused by that many people and their Pokemon online at once. x_X

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:44 pm
fire - link
i think grinding is good in pokemon though, unlike FF, it actually works and it isnt that boring...

i dont know about NPC teams though, or even player teams, but Doubles matches in fully rendered pokemon Stadiums would be pure awesome!

the one thing it DOESNT need though, is a new region... i have had enough of the games and the pokemon getting steadily worse in each new region.

maybe travel between the four regions, since im certain it would have THOUSANDS/MILLIONS of players, they could have all four current mainsteam regions (not almia though, there wasnt anything too special about that...). players could travel between each to get their perfect team.

Think about it, though, when you're playing pokemon, doing all that leveling up, it's designed to pass time, like, in a car or soemthing, as all old handheld games were... but if they made a large scale MMO, it's be a console game... and, honestly, I don't enjoy grinding in pokeemans at all... I like my entertainment sources to not require a greater deal of my tiem donated to the experience just to work. It's dumb, and it's wasteful.

That's why I don't play MMOs in the first place, and why I don't think I'd play it if they did it like that.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:07 pm
[Kegan]
fire - link

Think about it, though, when you're playing pokemon, doing all that leveling up, it's designed to pass time, like, in a car or soemthing, as all old handheld games were... but if they made a large scale MMO, it's be a console game... and, honestly, I don't enjoy grinding in pokeemans at all... I like my entertainment sources to not require a greater deal of my tiem donated to the experience just to work. It's dumb, and it's wasteful.

That's why I don't play MMOs in the first place, and why I don't think I'd play it if they did it like that.

It would benefit from being action oriented, then. Something that requires skill rather than level and max stats.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:10 pm
Ive wanted a Real Time Combat pokemon game since Pokemon Blue.
Still waiting.  

Renkinjutsushi_73

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:04 pm
world of pokemoncraft

that would be the best.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:25 pm
Alade
Ive wanted a Real Time Combat pokemon game since Pokemon Blue.
Still waiting.
Ditto. Me too.

Each pokemon would have some basic physical attack, but you could also have 4 attacks that use PP. Thunder Wave and other paralyzing attacks would be a must.  

Owwin

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:22 pm
Pokemon Rumble needs to go massive.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:07 pm
It could use a kind of hybrid system.

You could still have your trainers, customized, and decorated with various s**t you could earn by doing other s**t.
The battles could take place in a kind of stop,move, attack style, with an encounter based method of bringing you into the battle.

Hell, this game doesn't even have to be about pokemon... It could be a total rip off and it would still work xd .  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Evamortte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:12 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
I would probably only play it if they did it in 2-D. I never really enjoyed the three-dimensional Pokemon instalments; not to mention the sheer graphic lag that would be caused by that many people and their Pokemon online at once. x_X

User Image
The lag wouldn't be too bad if you were restricted to only one pokemon out at a time. It'd dip in the most populated cities, but that goes with any mmo.

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff