Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Nature religions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:25 pm
This is fairly straightforward. I was wondering if y'all can direct me to some nature religions that incorporate animistic beliefs, possibly shamanism (I have no experience with it so I wouldn't know where to begin) and that are not also closed trads. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:21 am
Sophist
I was wondering if y'all can direct me to some nature religions that incorporate animistic beliefs,
Standing Stone comes to mind.
Quote:

possibly shamanism
Are you asking for a generic otherworld system with this?  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:26 am
AHH the thread is going backwards, I'm scared and confused! ninja

www.druidry.org

OBOD, despite the misuse of the term druid, seems ok from my experiences (although I haven't taken the course). They are a nature based spirituality and have otherworldy things in their grades.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:58 am
patch99329

www.druidry.org

OBOD, despite the misuse of the term druid, seems ok from my experiences (although I haven't taken the course). They are a nature based spirituality and have otherworldy things in their grades.

You might want to rethink that.
OBOD demonise intellect and reason.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:02 am
CuAnnan
patch99329

www.druidry.org

Could you elaborate?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:26 am
patch99329
CuAnnan
patch99329

www.druidry.org

Could you elaborate?

Gladly here
Read the thread. It reflects on the nature of OBOD.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:35 am
CuAnnan
patch99329
CuAnnan
patch99329

www.druidry.org

Could you elaborate?

Gladly here

Oh dear. confused
I see your point. xp The stupid is strong in this one.

I often see some real shite on the forums. However I usually put it down to individual ******** with no brain cells to speak of between them. I'm not sure if it means the course itself is bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:40 am
CuAnnan
patch99329
CuAnnan
patch99329

www.druidry.org

Could you elaborate?

Gladly here

Would I be correct in presuming this is par the course in the debates you've had with people who claim this path?  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:42 am
Kuroiban
CuAnnan
patch99329
CuAnnan
patch99329

www.druidry.org

Could you elaborate?

Gladly here

Would I be correct in presuming this is par the course in the debates you've had with people who claim this path?

There are two flavours of response I get.
"Yes, the assumption of the title is wrong and I won't do it any more, but the path works for me" which is fine or "BIG DUMB DUMB, WE'RE THE REINCARNATIONS OF THE ANCIENT DROODZ" or something stupid like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:51 am
CuAnnan
Kuroiban

There are two flavours of response I get.
"Yes, the assumption of the title is wrong and I won't do it any more, but the path works for me" which is fine or "BIG DUMB DUMB, WE'RE THE REINCARNATIONS OF THE ANCIENT DROODZ" or something stupid like that.

Fun. rolleyes

Stuff like this almost makes me hesitant to truly embrace anything that resembles a culture, for fear of someone philosophically taking a dump on it.

I'm trying to make a bit more of a connection towards my Germanic heritage as I'm feeling very connected with the Norse pantheon, ethics, and culture....and it already nauseates me what some people try and do with that kettle of fish....

Anyway, more on topic...

So basically this Faux-Druidic religion wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact that they're claiming a title they've got no business claiming. Gotcha.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:53 am
Kuroiban
So basically this Faux-Druidic religion wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact that they're claiming a title they've got no business claiming. Gotcha.

OBOD are the worst group I've come across.
They claim a direct knowledge connection to the Druids of oldm, that is that they have the understanding those druids did. They claim to be the Druids of old.

With ADF and their ilk, yes. But with OBOD, no.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:56 am
CuAnnan
Kuroiban

OBOD are the worst group I've come across.
They claim a direct knowledge connection to the Druids of oldm, that is that they have the understanding those druids did. They claim to be the Druids of old.

With ADF and their ilk, yes. But with OBOD, no.

Understood.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist
I was wondering if y'all can direct me to some nature religions that incorporate animistic beliefs,
Standing Stone comes to mind.
Quote:

possibly shamanism
Are you asking for a generic otherworld system with this?

Just so everyone knows, I'm asking this for my boyfriend. He believes in something gaia centered, that though every part of nature has its own soul, they are manifestations of nature as a whole entity. Not sure what this is called, maybe pantheism? I'm not sure about his otherworld beliefs. He is very into nature and hunting and really likes the native american beliefs, but since that's a closed tradition I was wondering if there was something close that's open.

I want to comment on the link patch posted and the responses she's gotten, but this whole guild glitch thing is really confusing me, so I'll look into once this has all been cleaned up.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:41 pm
Sophist
He is very into nature and hunting and really likes the native american beliefs, but since that's a closed tradition I was wondering if there was something close that's open.

There's more than one native american culture and not all of them are closed.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:42 pm
CuAnnan
Sophist
He is very into nature and hunting and really likes the native american beliefs, but since that's a closed tradition I was wondering if there was something close that's open.

There's more than one native american culture and not all of them are closed.

Thanks, I didn't know that not all of them were closed. Which are open?

And lemme scratch what I said earlier, apparently after doing some research he's starting to become interested in Celtic Recon. I'll just have to sit back and see where his exploration takes him, but he sounds pretty happy so far. Thanks for all the responses, everyone.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff