38%  [ 5 ]
Gold....
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Killer Mosquito

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:47 am
I saw a comedian on tv recently. He made the a joke:

"You all of these Christians walking around with crosses.....Do you really think if Jesus came back, he would want to see another cross?"

Points of Discussion:
Do you think it's funny?
Do you agree or disagree?
Do you think it's a little sacreligious?
Any opinions on the joke?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:19 pm
Somethimes I think that we take christianity to seriously. I mean, God created the gift of laughter, why should we not use it?

personaly I thik it's rather funny/  

ioioouiouiouio

rftkfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:40 pm
I hear worst joke every day. We have to have some sense of humor.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:13 pm
Actually it's a pretty lame joke, it's been around too long to be funny anymore. I agree that we need to have a sense of humour about ourselves, but honestly I haven't heard a good Christian joke in ages.

Personally I prefer the fish symbol in my jewellery. Not sure if the point made in the "joke" had anything to do with it or not, just one of those things.  

Catira Norr

chickenlipsRfun2eat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:23 am
weird...
Its a bit... eh?

I dunno, but its some what Insulting. And both lame.

I dunno, even If I were a non christian, I wont be laughing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:26 pm
If you consider the implications beyond simple boorism, it is possible. If I were to save my family from a horrid fate, but get scarred in the process, the scar would remind me of how wonderful my family is, and their worth to me. I would proudly show it off and tell the story of love. So yeah, it's possible.  

Woodlock

Seority

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:36 pm
eh ha, eh ha, eh ha. funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:21 pm
I don't think it's sacreligious in anyway. How could it be? It doesn't speak against God. I agree with chickenlips though, even if I weren't a Christian I just don't think it's that funny to begin with. True... but not funny.  

immanuelkant

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:25 pm
That is a very derogatory "joke" towards Jesus. The message I get from it puts Him in a very bad light.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:48 pm
hot_wheels_turbo_racing
That is a very derogatory "joke" towards Jesus. The message I get from it puts Him in a very bad light.

I think it kind of humanizes Him (though, considering that he was human, this isn;t very far off the mark).  

ioioouiouiouio

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:20 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
I think it kind of humanizes Him

Which is not a good thing. Jesus is God. There are too many people right here on Gaia that try to convince people he was just a normal person.

Cometh The Inquisitor
(though, considering that he was human, this isn;t very far off the mark).

When Jesus was on Earth as a man, he was still fully God. That makes a big difference.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:01 pm
hot_wheels_turbo_racing
Cometh The Inquisitor

Which is not a good thing. Jesus is God. There are too many people right here on Gaia that try to convince people he was just a normal person.

Cometh The Inquisitor

When Jesus was on Earth as a man, he was still fully God. That makes a big difference.

Was He God the whole of His life on Earth? Or after He got baptized? I'm only asking because I've heard it both ways. (I don't mean to get off topic here)  

Curium

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:05 pm
hot_wheels_turbo_racing
Cometh The Inquisitor

Cometh The Inquisitor

Jesus was both fully God and fully man. We know that he felt the normal things that people feel, like fear and trepidation (this is shown to us when Jesus asks His Father if there were any way that his 'cup should pass'). He was just like any other human, except He was invested with all the powers of God.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:15 pm
I think I can lay all this to rest right here.

It's just not funny.

It's not that it's tasteless, or blasphemous, or anything like that. And I like a good Jesus joke as much as the next godless heathen.

But it's just not a good joke. Who wrote this garbage?  

Sinner

Curium

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:15 pm
Yeah, I think this is a very non-funny joke. No offense meant of course. If you wanna hear a funny joke...let me tell you...I've got a funny joke.

There were two muffins sitting in an oven. One muffin looked over at the other and said, "Man it's really hot in here." The other muffin with a shocked look on his face shouted, "AAAAHHHHHH A TALKING MUFFIN!!!" rofl rofl rofl rofl

Maybe it's not really funny either...whatever.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff