Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampires Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:31 pm
Inspired by the "What if Twilight was a religion?" themed thread posted a little while ago.

Do vampires have any specific purpose in a religion?
Do you incorporate vampires into your belief system/religion?

I think vampires are kinda cool from a fiction standpoint. I don't really like the "sexy, seductive" vampire thing, but I really like the depiction in Nosferatu. I don't think they're real, although I think some of the diseases associated (like the allergy to sunlight) exists. Do I think it has a particular place in my belief system? No. I think that if a person wants to drink blood, even on a regular basis, then they are just a person who is choosing to do that act. I do not think they are some kind of supernatural being.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:48 pm
Synnthetika

Depends on the religion.
Quote:

Do I? Hell no. Did my family and ancestors? Yeah... but only so far as to comment on how horrible they are.

Vampires... real vampires (as far as a culturally translated concept can go in English) are the things of nightmares.  

TeaDidikai

scarlet_moon225

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:51 pm
Honestly, i myself do believe in vampires. Just like angels and devils exist. there are good and bad in em tho most are bad. In my religion they exist and they arent the glorified creatures you see in movies like twilight and read in books. And they arent immortal they live and die like everyone else.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:40 pm
scarlet_moon225
Honestly, i myself do believe in vampires.
From where do you draw your understanding of vampires?

Quote:
Just like angels and devils exist.
What do you think an angel or a devil is?
Quote:
there are good and bad in em tho most are bad.
Justification for this assertion?

Quote:
And they arent immortal they live and die like everyone else.
What source does your religion draw from and what makes the creatures vampires?  

TeaDidikai

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:09 pm
I believe there are people out there who believe they are real vampires. I don't think they live the glamorous lifestyle of Hollywood's vampires though. Most of them seem to be down to earth and have as many problems, if not more than the next person.

I"m not sure if vampires have a specific purpose in a religion.

I see vampires as strong hunters in my belief system, working with dark energies and as a connection to the nocturnal.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:51 pm
I have yet to see anything that could justify the existance of vampires, or explain what they would be outside of a fairytale dracula context.

Until then, not a believer xD  

patch99329

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:10 pm
Vampires?

I'd have to take a more orthodox view on actual vampires: Kill 'em with Holy Water!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:04 am
Gho the Girl
Vampires?

I'd have to take a more orthodox view on actual vampires: Kill 'em with Holy Water!

That doesn't work.
You have to drive an ash steak through their heart, cut off their head, pierce their wrists and ankle with iron nails, cut out their tongue and eyes and bury them head first at a cross roads.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:41 am
Synnthetika

I've yet to see one in a religion so I couldn't say.

Quote:

No. Not even as metaphor. I know that LeVayan Satanism uses vampire as a metaphor to describe what Etherism refers to as Those of The Void, which is basically a social parasite, but there's absolutely no usage of anything even resembling the legends (old or revisionist) of vampires within Etherism.

The Void Essences and the Void Aspect eat everything. Blood is just one of many things in the set of everything. XD

Quote:
I think vampires are kinda cool from a fiction standpoint. I don't really like the "sexy, seductive" vampire thing, but I really like the depiction in Nosferatu. I don't think they're real, although I think some of the diseases associated (like the allergy to sunlight) exists. Do I think it has a particular place in my belief system? No. I think that if a person wants to drink blood, even on a regular basis, then they are just a person who is choosing to do that act. I do not think they are some kind of supernatural being.

Fictionally, I tend to operate as though vampires are a type of magic user known as a sanguimancer or blood mage (or the created servants of a blood mage as an attempt to create immortality using their blood magic.)

It's an interesting take on the mythos that I enjoy a lot more than the seducer or immortal whiner.

But if you're asking whether I believe in the vampires of legends? No, not explicitly. I won't eliminate them as a possibility but I have absolutely no evidence (UPG or otherwise) to consider them real.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 pm
xMoonlitShadowsx
I"m not sure if vampires have a specific purpose in a religion.

That would completely depend on the religion.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 pm
Recursive Paradox
No. Not even as metaphor. I know that LeVayan Satanism uses vampire as a metaphor to describe what Etherism refers to as Those of The Void, which is basically a social parasite, but there's absolutely no usage of anything even resembling the legends (old or revisionist) of vampires within Etherism.

While I would agree that, in the vast majority of cases, parasites are social in nature there are one or two per hundred that are not.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 pm
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
Vampires?

That doesn't work.
You have to drive an ash steak through their heart, cut off their head, pierce their wrists and ankle with iron nails, cut out their tongue and eyes and bury them head first at a cross roads.

Does the removal of tongue and eyes occur before or after the removal of the head itself?  

Nines19

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 pm
Nines19
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
Vampires?

That doesn't work.

Does the removal of tongue and eyes occur before or after the removal of the head itself?

My guess? Before the head is removed.

Don't forget to walk a white horse over the grave.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:26 pm
Collowrath
Nines19
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
Vampires?

That doesn't work.

Wow, I'm just gonna stick to aggravated damage.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:28 pm
Collowrath
Nines19
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
Vampires?

That doesn't work.

Scatter some seeds just in case and don't forget the silver in the grave.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff