Submit

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:55 pm
User Image

Cadassi groaned, the incoming storm totally disrupting his mood for the day. He had planned to grab a bite to eat and then sun himself a bit on the beach and think.

Now he couldn't even do that. Stupid weather. Grumbling to himself , he shifted his small backpack a little bit higher on his shoulder and stormed back up the beach.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:42 am
User Image

The incoming storm seemed to have little effect on the beach's other visitor today. Practically skipping from time to time, the young Fae woman's steps were light and she twirled her staff to a song only she could hear.

Not that this day in particular was all that great. However, dad was getting out of the house more, so she was free to return to her own explorations without worrying about him so much...so why not be happy? She always loved exploring. Always something new to see, maybe even new people to meet!

She wasn't a ditzy airhead, really. Far from it. But life had enough things to worry about that when a free day came about, she was determined to make the most of it while she could. Life was too short. It really was.

Her short performance halted suddenly, as something else had captured her attention. Someone else was out and about today? What luck! Picking up her pace, Eudora kicked up the sand beneath her feet. Who was it? Did she know them? Not likely, but hopefully she would soon!

"Hellooooo?" She called out, waving her arm and staff in the air as she neared. Nope, sure didn't look like anyone she knew. In fact, he didn't look much like anyone she'd ever seen before! He seemed to be intent on leaving and didn't seem too happy. Something had to be wrong. "Hi there! What's the matter? Is the water too cold today?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:27 am
Cadassi turned his head sharply to look at the fae waving her arms around. She seemed to be trying to flag him down. Oh gods, what had he done now?

Turned around completely, he walked back, watching her mouth move fractically as she jabbered at him. He wondered if she knew he couldn't hear a word she said. He pulled the earbuds to the little blue ipod , the one he had hidden away in his backpack, out of his ears and he gave her a somewhat friendly smile.

"I'm, sorry. What?" he asked, eyeing her staff curiously. He really needed to get out more.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:34 pm
Eudora blinked in confusion. Of course, she didn't know what the little devices were that the guy had pulled from his ears. All she could tell as that apparently he couldn't hear her well enough. Maybe he was hard of hearing? How sad...

Nearing, she raised her voice and spoke distinctly, hoping that might help. "I'm sorry! I didn't know you couldn't hear me. I asked what was wrong? Is the water too cold today?" She peered at the little bug-like things in his hand. "What are those? What do they do? Do they help you hear? Or do they make it harder?"

Oh Guardians, the questions were flowing almost as fast as they were running through her head. She knew she should probably stop, especially if the poor guy was expected to actually answer any of her questions, but it was just so hard. Like, she couldn't reign in her own curiosity once it started flowing.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:16 am
Cadassi winced as the fae raised her voice. Good lord, why was she shouting? And why was she so close? He could almost lean foward and touch her with his nose. The sudden proximity embarrased the living hell of him. He'd never even been that cose to his caretaker, let alone a young fae his age with a beating stick in her hand. Her chest was practically touching his...

By the time she was done babbling questions at her, Cadassi was a deep purplish pink color. And he still hadn't understood any of her questions, lost as he was in his own internal dilemma. Taking a step back, he tried to sound calm and patient as he asked her to repeat herself again.

"I'm sorry, what?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:36 pm
Eudora frowned again, falling silent. So he couldn't hear. How sad. Had he always been that way? Or had something happened to him? What could have happened to take away his hearing? And what were those little bug things that he'd taken out of his ears? Did they...?

Okay, she was doing it again. Back on track here; the first issue was finding some way to communicate. Glancing around, an idea occurred to her and she started brushing her foot over the sand to flatten a small space. Then, taking her staff, she started writing in the soft sands, waving at the male and pointing to the ground when she finished.

'I'm so sorry. You can't hear?'

She offered a slight, understanding smile. Oh wait...hopefully he could read, right?

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 am
Cadassi, still trying ot push his embarrassing thoughts to the back of his mind, watched curiously as she began to scribble in the sand. When she pulled away and waited, he leaned over to read the sand. Seconds later, he gave the odd little pae one of those 'are you nuts' kind of looks.

There was something seriously wrong with his luck here lately. Figures he's pick up another looney. Then again, if he actually came across a sane person, he might die of shock. Realizing she was still waiting for an answer, he pointed to teh sand and shook his head. "Of course I Can't hear. Can anyone hear that?" he said, refering to the sand writings. Which was what he thought she was talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Growing legitimately frustrated at this point, Eudora smacked her hand against her forehead and mumbled, "...no, not the sand, silly," believing she was talking to herself. "I meant in general."

Sighing to herself, she puzzled over the problem, speaking out loud purely out of habit, since she believed he couldn't hear her anyway. "How are we supposed to communicate then? If you're deaf, that explains why you couldn't hear me earlier. But what's wrong with writing in the sand? I mean, apparently you can read, but that certainly wasn't the question I was asking, so we must have another communication issue dealing with comprehension. Maybe it's something to do with the little ear bugs..." she muttered, attention turning to the odd devices in his hands once more. "Maybe they affect Pae'il logic somehow..."

Without thinking, her train of thought took a deviant path and she tilted her head at the other, not expecting an answer. "You are a Pae'il, right?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:54 pm
Cadassi had trouble keeping up with stream of babble coming out of the pae's mouth. Watching with increasing unease as she continued to talk outloud, he pondered how fast the dark colored pae could run while carrying a large staff. Because he was starting to fear for his safety in light of the increasingly bizare behavior from the young girl in front of him.

Still, it was best to make an effort than no effort at all. So instead, he sat still as a statue and stared at the babbling pae's mouth, trying to comprehend her incessant queastions. Catching a few words here and there, he managed to put tegether most of the conversation. Then he tried to figure out what the hell she was talking about. Only to end up even more confused and very insulted.

"I can hear just fine, thank you." he huffed, folding his arms over his chest in a defensive manner. "And I'm not sure wether or not I'm a pae'il has anything to do with my 'comprehension' problem, as you have so kindly put it. I can comprehend just fine. You're the one who's not making any sense!!" he ended, pointing an accusing finger at her. He choose to leave the "ear bugs" comment alone. He had no desire to find out what that meant.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 pm
Eudora paused, taken by surprise when the male answered her questions at last...at least in such a way that she could tell he could hear her. She probably should have felt embarrassed at realizing he could hear her talking about him only moments ago, but she was fixed on the matter at hand.

"What? You mean, you could hear all along and you let on like you couldn't? That's not very nice!" She pouted, hands on her hips. "Why did you act like you couldn't hear? Is it just 'cause you didn't want to talk to me? You could have just said so. I mean, either one isn't really nice, but you didn't have to lie about it..."

Her wings visibly drooped as she sulked, momentarily saddened by the thought that someone would go as far as an elaborate ruse just to avoid talking to her. Glancing down at the sand with a frown on her face, she muttered, "I just wanted to say hello...not my fault you didn't wanna' talk to me."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm
Cadassi paled at her sudden change in mood. Oh god, he'd upset her. He hadn't meant to upset the poor thing. Rushing foward, he tried to pat on her on the arm. "No. No. It's not that I didn't want to talk, I just couldn't hear you at first cause my I-pod was up so loud." he tried to explain.

"Who wouldn't want to talk to someone so... enthusiastic?" he asked, trying to smile despite the fact he felt like a complete arse. Cadassi was anything but mean and he was slightly put out at the fact that she had accused him of being so.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:30 pm
Eudora's pout seemed to lessen a bit at the admission, and really, it wasn't in her nature to let herself get down, at least not for long. Plus, he said he hadn't meant to be mean, so it must have been an accident. Accidents could happen to anyone.

So, smiling a bit, she reached up and patted his hand on her arm. "It's okay, honest mistake. Plus, I know I can be a bit...overwhelming at times," she muttered in a rare, honest admission. She was trying to overcome it, but really...considering her nature, it was hard, if not nearly impossible. She just couldn't back down once something caught her interest.

Then something he said caught that attention, causing Eudora to blink rapidly at the male.

"Err...what's an 'I-pod?'"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:58 pm
Cadassi gave a small sigh of relief as she perked up again. He hated seeing people upset, expecially if he caused it. Plus, he was just glad she had slowed down and was talking normally again.

"I-pod? Oh umm.. I'm not really sure. I borrowed it from someone who visits the mainland. Best I can reckon, is that it's like a little tape player without the tape. Ummm, wanna see?" he asked, shrugging his backpack off his shoulder and unzipping the pocket.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:00 pm
"Oh yes, I would!" she nodded enthusiastically, clapping her hands twice with a wide smile. Then she quieted a bit with a somewhat amused expression. "Because I have no idea what you were just talking about just now...but I'd like to know!"

When it came to nature and even the world of magic, Eudora could be considered quite knowledgeable, given her history as well as her tendency to question, well...everything. However, she had no experience with anything from off the Isle, and technology wasn't exactly abundant on Telrunya. She was completely lost with this talk of 'players' and 'tape', but maybe if she saw the device up close, it would make more sense.

"You said you were listening to it earlier and it was too loud?" she mused, looking at Cadassi questioningly. "Does it talk to you?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:31 pm
Cadassi gave the pae a strange look. "You don't get out much, do you?" he asked, pulling the small, blue i-pod out of his backpack and laying it in the palm of his hand.

"This... Is called an I-pod." he said, speaking slow and in emphasis. "And yes. I had it almost maxed out in volume, so I couldn't hear a thing. I'm suprised you didn't hear the music yourself. It get's pretty loud." he said, holding the blue peice of technology out for Eudora to see.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff