Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:37 pm
User Image

She'd learnt her lesson, that was for sure. Mzuka'hila didn't want to make Faiz angry anymore - she didn't like it when he was grumpy, and she was fairly certain he didn't like it either. She was going to have to think a lot more before she spoke, as that seemed to be the root of all her problems. She couldn't help it - just was just rather rash, leaping into situations and speaking before she knew the whole story, or before she'd really thought how her words would sound. The number of times she'd said something with one meaning, but her arrangement or use of words had implied another utterly different meaning, were too numerous to count.

So, she'd decided to make it up to him. She wasn't going to Tuliua this time - no, she'd decided to make it a less awkward experience for herself. She'd gone in search of Najiyya instead, preferably without the interference of her sister. Out of the whole harem, Najiyya was the easiest for Mzu to relate to, even if it was only a little. The other two were far too compliant, and far too...too delicate. Whilst that might not be the right word exactly to describe Faeqa, she certainly wasn't as strong a personality as her sister - and that was what impressed Mzu, just a little. A strong personality, that her own stubborn attitude could relate to.

And so, she approached the watering hole, where she hoped the female would be.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:38 pm
Najiyya was mulling. Mulling on that female she and her sister had bumped into a few days before. The poor thing, living in fear all the time, being beaten like that. It made her heart ache and ache all the worse for knowing that she couldn’t do anything.

The bad thing, was, however, that all this mulling had completely driven her off task – she was supposed to be following the small herd and watching where it settled so that the hunt later on that day would be swift and easier than if they didn’t know. Sadly, she’d lost the herd when she’d paused to rest under a tree and since it had been a small group it wasn’t as if they were easy to find, either. They might be food but they also knew how to hide and since they’d known they were being tracked, they probably weren’t going to show themselves anytime soon.

Boy was Fae going to be mad…

She rose onto all fours, shook her fur and turned her head, hoping no one had seen her little time out from work. As of yet she hadn’t gotten into trouble with Faiz, but it would come some day, even she knew that.

Mzuka came to stand in the shade of the trees surrounding the watering hole, looking out and even managing a smile when she spotted the familiar form of the younger sister sitting beside the water. She looked deep in thought, and for a moment the blue lionness found herself wondering what she was thinking about. Faiz, perhaps? A pang of jealousy shot through Mzu before she could help it, but she quickly stilled it and reminded herself that it was all a part of the Ukuucha'Wafalme. She knew that, she'd been brought up that way. This was what Faiz wanted her to understand. He loved them all, and Mzu was fortunate enough for him to love her just a little bit more.

She could've sworn that Naji was supposed to have been tracking the herd the four planned to hunt later in the day, and had assumed that she'd merely be stopping for a drink - not such a deep think as she appeared to be having. As the lionness stood up to leave, Mzu was torn for a moment - she could just walk away. But that wasn't why she was here. And so, with a deep breath she took a step out of the shadows, plastering a smile on her face as she called out, "Najiyya?"

She jumped at the sound of the voice and span round, fearing the wrath of her sister. However, when she realised it was not the orange-pelted female and in fact Mzuka, she relaxed a little, though truly she should have been just as worried. They were all in the same harem after all.

“Mzuka!” She lifted her head and the fur flattened along her neck, easing her into comfortable conversation. “Are you okay?” She wondered then whether the female had been sent to check up on her. Maybe she’d go back and report to Faiz. Oh no! She flattened her ears then, looking sheepish as she fought to find words to explain herself.

“Um, this isn’t what it looks like.”

Well, if Mzuka hadn’t noticed that Naji might not be doing what she was supposed to before, she certainly did now.

Oh, whoops! She hadn't meant to scare the other female - Mzuka felt guilt welling in her, wincing a little at the amount the other jumped. She'd have to remember that in future - don't sneak up on others when trying to start a friendly conversation. She flashed a sincere smile, albeit a small one, though it grew a little wider at the mention of her name. She blinked in mild surprise at the question on how she was, nodding a little dumb-foundedly. "Yes...yes, I'm fine. Thanks...for asking?"

It hadn't been a question she'd been expecting - they actually cared about her wellbeing? Or was it just a polite question to be asked at the beginning of a conversation? Well...in that case she supposed she'd better return it. "...And yourself?"

The flattened ears and muttered excuses only confused the Beybanu more, Mzuka's forehead creasing in a frown for several moments before her eyes sparkling in amusement as realization swept over her, a slight giggle even escaping the females maw. She was giggling a lot more now, and she was glad. Giggling...it made her feel better. "No worries, Naji. Your secret's safe with me."

“That’s good.” She responded. Najiyya was a wild child at times but deep down she cared desperately. She didn’t go out looking for trouble – as her sister seemed to think – it was, in fact, that trouble quite often found her and at the most unsuitable of times, too.

She was about to respond to the question, repeated back at herself, when she realised it’d probably be best to wait and see her reaction. She might be feeling very different if the female was here to give her a smack on the nose, which in all honesty, she deserved.

The other’s reaction startled the white female perhaps more than what a smack across the nose would have done. She was giggling? What was so funny? Oh no…this meant big trouble, didn’t it?

And then…her secret was safe?

She blinked her hazel eyes and her face immediately brightened. “Oh, really? Well then I’m just great! All the better for some company anyway. Are you…are you busy at the moment, Mzuka? If you’re not, I could really appreciate some help. I messed up.”

Najiyya looked surprised at Mzuka's expression, and she found herself feeling a little uncomfortable all of a sudden. Her nose twitched a little, her ears lowering ever-so-slightly as she glanced off to the side. She was acting out of character - she knew it. Usually she was a moody cow, really, but she was making an effort for Faiz. After all, as he'd said - maybe she'd find she actually got on with some of them. But if they'd already accepted her as some horrible witch then it was never going to happen, and she was just going to embarrass herself by...

Oh? The brightened expression on the other's face prompted a bright smile of Mzu's own, something that surprised her as it wasn't forced in the slightest. Was she busy? Mzu shook her head a little hesitantly, forehead furrowing once again, but this time in a more questioning look. "I'm not busy - what help is it you need? I'm sure it's not that bad."

Please don't let it be bad, she prayed.

“Well…” Najiyya trailed. “Hopefully it’s not too bad. I mean, well, I was supposed to be keeping an eye on the herd, for later, and I…I got tired and needed to have a lie down.” Perhaps if she spent more time sleeping and not frolicking around she wouldn’t need these little naps! “And then I accidently fell asleep and the herd…disappeared.” She dipped her head, ashamed. She was such an idiot! She could imagine her sister’s face right now, stern and lecturing, shaking her head with disappointment.

Oh she loved her sister, sure, but she was also a right pain at times, getting on her high and mighty horse like that!

“Soooo anyway I was thinking, two pairs of eyes might be better than one? It’d save me a lecture from Fae and well…we’d get to chat along the way? We don’t really know each other that well really, do we? And we should! I mean, your beybanu. It’s only right.” She nodded matter-of-factly.

“So, what’dya say?”

Not too bad? Mzu's heart fluttered a little with hope, before a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding escaped, a somewhat amused smile flickering across her face. She'd been thinking something terrible - something to do with Faeqa or a male. But no, losing the herd wasn't too bad at all. It shouldn't be too difficult to pick them up again. Tutting loudly, but in a teasing manner, Mzuka took a step forwards to close the gap, so the two could converse more easily.

"I'd be happy to help. I've done the same before, and Faiz wasn't happy. I'll spare you a night of having him grumpy and sulking in the corner of the den." she spoke merrily, nodding. Really...really, Najiyya wasn't that bad at all. Not that she'd tell Faiz that, though - he'd just say 'I told you so!'. "Sounds splendid. D'you want to set off now, or did you want a drink first?"

She hadn't really considered Faiz being grumpy with her, but supposed that was a possiblity too, though she imagined her sister would be more grumpy. Ugh, siblings! She had two people to worry about, now! What a life! Either way it seemed that she and Mzuka had one thing in common - even though it might not be such a great thing. That was enough to seal her as a friend in any case.

She gave a delighted chirp as Mzuka agreed to help and turned in the direction the herd had gone, moving to the female's side so they could walk alongside one another as they went. She loved chatting so this was going to be perfect!

"I'm fine and dandy, but if you want a drink, a few more minutes couldn't hurt, right?" She grinned. "I think they must have headed done there to where the shrubs are, so we at least have a direction. Luckily the things smell so bad it shouldn't take too long...unless they were smart enough to cover the scent or something..." But what was she thinking? These were prey beasts! Food! They didn't have brains.

She laughed and shook her head.

The chirp caught the blue lionness by surprise, Mzuka blinking before smiling sweetly as she approached the water. Now the younger lionness mentioned it, she was actually quite thirsty. Dipping her head she took two, long gulps, wiping excess water off with her paw before standing tall again, taking a place beside the other female and taking the first step towards the woods.

"Let's go, then!"

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:43 am
"Okay! Here we go!" And she headed off at a brisk pace, moving easily across the somewhat rugged terrain. It was clear she loved her home and her duties despite the fact that she messed them up at times. She really didn't mean to be a pain and she was quite willing to try and fix whatever she had done to make things better.

"So, tell me." She continued. "Is Faiz scary when he's mad?" She asked, flicking an ear somewhat nervously. As of yet she hadn't been on the receiving end of any rebuke but she knew it'd happen one day. Might as well be prepared when the time came.

"My old male, he got mad, he hit me sometimes. Not bad. Never left a scar. But boy, was he scary! Even old as he was!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:46 am
The brisk pace the other set surprised Mzuka, but she easily caught up, keeping the pace so she was able to walk beside Najiyya. The other clearly wanted to find the herd again, and Mzu smiled. Naji was a hard-working girl, even if she did act childish at times. Maybe she'd have to mention it to Faiz.

The question caught her off guard, however, Mzuka blinking. She frowned a little at such a personnal statement coming out so soon into the journey, but decided not to mention it, instead offering a reassuring smile. "Faiz would never lay a paw on you, Naji. He'll shout and look angry - and that can be scary. But he'll never hit you."

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:50 am
She pondered on this information, not seeming to realise that she possibly shouldn't be talking about this. Talk now, think later, that was her motto! "You know, in a way, I think it might be worse to just be shouted at, don't you think?"

She tipped her ear. "Whenever I got a clout before, I sort of felt better afterwards. It hurt but...after that I felt like all was forgotten and forgiven, you know? Like the air was cleared? If it was just shouting and angry looks, I'd not know when I'd be forgiven or...or...well, yeah." She trailed, seeming to lose line on her words.

"Either way, I'd best try not to get myself into trouble. Else I'll have Fae to deal with as well! Do you have any siblings, Mzuka?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:54 am
Mzuka found this conversation interesting. It just seemed like such a...personnal thing to be discussing, something perhaps more suited for her sister. Mzuka had been rather uncaring towards the younger lionness, up until now. Her trusting nature was a little worrying, but she brushed it off with a smile. "Oh, he can be pretty scary when he shouts. His eyes narrow and he gets all big."

Mzu tried to keep smiling, despite the oddness of the situation, nodding as the other spoke, all the while keeping her nose and ears focused partially on the herd they were tracking. "Faiz is quite forgiving - he'll tell you off, make sure you've learnt your lesson, and then the water's clear again."

Siblings? Mzu's eyes clouded a moment, her voice noticeably tenser, "I...had a sister."

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:03 am
She imagined in her mind's eye, Faiz with his eyes narrowed, puffed up so he was twice his size. Yes, she imagined it could be quite scary, but she realised Mzuka was right. She doubted Faiz was one to hold grudges and she was more than eager to make up for mistakes. She'd be alright. Everything would be all right.

"Faiz is a good lion." She agreed.

And then she noticed Mzuka's voice change and her ears and head swung round to look at her, surprised and shocked. Had a sister? What did that mean? Had she left? Had they had a huge fight? Was she...dead? She gulped, realising that she'd put her paw straight in it.

Faeqa would kill her.

"Oh, um, I'm sorry." Her ears fell. "I didn't mean to...to bring up a bad subject."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 am
Mzu smiled, glad that she'd helped Najiyya. Faiz was a god lion, she was perfectly right. And unlike...ah, the other Vizier, he wouldn't dare lay a hand on any of them. Mzu'd have something to say if he did! Besides, she doubted he could bring himself to hurt Tuliua, or Najiyya. They were both so young, and so delicate. It would scar them emotionally, and he wouldn't want that.

Naji quickly realized her mistake, aplogising profusely. Whereas usually she may have stormed off growling, Mzuka breathed through her nose, gritting her teeth to relieve her anger instead, allowing her to give a small smile. "It's...no worry. No, you weren't to know. I'd appreciate not taking the subject further, however." She didn't wish to talk about that pathetic excuse for a lionness.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:14 am
Perhaps they'd come onto the topic of the other Vizier at some point. Having just met one of the females of that one's harem, the thought of it still hung heavy in Najiyya's heart and mind. Seeing a female like that...well, it just wasn't right. Not right at all.

She didn't like how it made her feel.

"That's fine." She replied, almost immediately, not wanting to make the other mad in case she left her to seek the herd alone. That wouldn't be any fun!

Talking about the herd, there were tracks there in the mud, just ahead of them, heading into the undergrowth. She paused and scented the air before moving on, pushing her head into the shrubs to try and locate the path they may have used.

"How're your tracking skills, Mzuka?" She asked.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:20 am
Well, at least the other was perfectly happy to drop the something. Mzu would've had to excuse herself if she'd persisted - it was a sour topic she did not wish to talk about at all. Mzuka also spotted the track, lowering her head to take a good long sniff, ears tilting a little before she lifted her head. Nodding to confirm she ahd the scent, she pushed after Najiyya.

"Decent," she admitted, speaking in hushed tones now they were getting closer, "Not the best, but they're good enough."

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:23 am
She smiled. "That's good to hear!" And with that she entered the trees, pushing through the shrubs as she attempted to discover the path that the herd may have taken. If the herd had been big, they would have ploughed through making an easy path for them to follow. As it was, they seemed to have bounded seperately, joining and then parting around the trees.

The tracks went this way and that, making her feel somewhat dizzy. However, the scent was strong and her mouth slathered as she thought of food.

Food would be great right now.

A moment later and she paused, casting an eye back to see where her tracking partner was. That was when she heard it. A cracking sound. A branch, perhaps?

"Did you hear that?" She whispered, keeping her low as quiet as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:29 am
A smile? Mzu couldn't help but smile back, smiling inwardly as well as outwardly as she pushed through the shrubs after her fellow Banu, careful of where she was treading incase she should step on a twig, and alert the herd to the females' presence. Najiyya lead the way, choosing a path for the pair to follow, and it seemed it was working when the scent got stronger. Mzu felt her stomach ache, wanting to taste the food they were coming so close to.

Naji glanced back to her and Mzu smiled lightly, before her own ears twitched at the cracking. She merely nodded at the female's question, indicating forwards with her head. They were through the trees ahead of them, by the sounds of it.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:32 am
Turning in the direction that Mzuka had indicated she instantly lowered herself and moved forward slowly, her belly close to the ground. As far as her hunting and tracking skills went she was strictly average. Her sister was a much keener huntress, able to keep calm and keep her patience. Najiyya could only stay in one place for so long before she started to get fidgety.

Either way, she was doing just fine now!

She found a gap in the undergrowth and slipped through, eager to see what awaited them the other side.

Mzuka had been right. The little herd was there,beyond the trees. They were grazing contentedly, their heads down, but eyes and ears alert. It wouldn't take much to send them fleeing again, that was for sure.

A grin stretched across her face. "There they are. We found them!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:37 am
Mzuka followed suit after the younger, paler lionness, smiling herself as she lowered herself to the ground, practically hugging it as she crept forwards, avoiding any large branches or twigs. She quickly hushed the other gently as she spoke, although a wide smile spread over her face. They'd found them - excellent. Now, they just needed a plan. Indicating with her paws that she was going to circle around the side, she watched for several moments to check the other had understood, before carefully creeping around the trees, until she was closer to the herd. They were doing well.

And so, she just waited for a signal from Naji.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:41 am
Okay, okay. BREATHE!

Still pressed close to the ground, her legs moving slow and sure, she shifted her position a little, sliding off to the side so that the taller grass there would help mask her form. She cast a glance across at Mzuka, sensing the other was ready.

She settled against the ground, the cool grass comforting. Okay, from here it would be a straight charge. The herd would scatter and then Mzuka would leap.

Even as she thought this through some of the herd grew jittery. The largest lifted its head and glanced around, freezing Naji in place. Oops. Careful now.

Settling so her hing legs were curled beneath her, ready to enforce her movement, she made brief eye contact with the beybanu and readied for a pounce.

The pounce came a second later - just as the nervous preybeast returned to grazing. In an instant they scattered. If anything, once they saw Mzuka they'd double back and move closer to the heart of the pride, wearing them out and making future capture easier.

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff