Dallas Overload

Fashionable Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:06 pm
Sorry for my Language.
But the Navi is missing so much god forsaken information, which I have found extremely useful.

Rant One:
Hover over Shops. /point proven/
Rant Two:
Color of it
Rant Three:
The bar overlaps the Map pop-up. God.
Rant Four:
Forums. I cant see 'My post', 'Thread subs', or any other s**t.

/endofrant  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:08 pm
Just found this:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/azindex.php  

Dallas Overload

Fashionable Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nanenna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 pm
Dallas Overload

Rant One:
Hover over Shops. /point proven/

The only difference is all the GC stuff on the right side of the pop up, most of the rest were already like that just arranged slightly differently. And it's not like that's all that unexpected that they'd have the GC take up so much space. It's bad, but I don't think it's worth caring about. Your point is only valid if you think that's worth getting worked up over. Plus: trades are now in the shortcuts over by your gold amount which is what I used most of the time to begin with so it's rather convenient for me.

Dallas Overload

Rant Two:
There is no god damnit Main cummunity page. So I am now unable to see the avatars of the week. Thanks Dev's.

The landing pages that happen when you click the words "Home" or "My Gaia" or "Community" haven't changed. I still see the weekly avatar arena winners. This rant is completely invalid.

Dallas Overload

Rant Three:
The bar overlaps the ******** Map pop-up. God.

We can still get the World Map? It has a use? I haven't needed to use the world map since we got the update that made all the shops connected. The only reason to actually use the map was invalidated two updates ago and so was your argument.

Dallas Overload

Rant Four:
Forums. I cant see 'My post', 'Thread subs', or any other s**t. Pfft.

Those are the same place they were last time: shortcuts. And I'll say it again: for me it's what's been most useful lately anyways. So as far as I'm concerned your rants are all just empty whining because you like to whine.

As for the index: that's been there for nearly as long as I can remember. I'm not sure if it was there when I first joined but it's certainly been there since some time in '04, so what does it have to do with a brand new update to a semi-old feature that's completely unconnected to the index?

Anyways, the only issue I have are the missing links, and even then the only one I really care about is the clans. I can't find a convenient to clans in general let alone my clan at all. I'll have to use the link in my sig until they get the kinks worked out. Otherwise this new update is barely changing how I use the navigation bar at all. Perhaps I've just always been using it the way Gaia actually wants us to?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:14 am
It may not annoy you, but it annoys me. A lot of the things I do on Gaia are now more clicks (and hence more waiting) or they aren't available at all. And I HATE the fact that they dropped My Guilds from the shortcuts menu. I'm happy to have single click access to trades again (which they took away last time), but they dropped My Guilds! Aaaarrrrrgh!

I don't mind adjusting to changes when I can understand the reasoning, but this I don't understand. Maybe they'll add more links. Lots more links.

For now, I'm going to have to use bookmarks, which sucks. Who thinks up these changes? Do these people actually use the site? And why is it that the only things that happen around here are new items and cosmetic updates? What about fixing things? Is anything on Gaia ever going to be fixed or improved? It appears that they only care about what things look like, and whether or not it works doesn't enter into it.  

Keiko Dreams

UPC Betsy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Yes, I'm really missing the my guilds link. cry  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:55 am
Thank you Nanenna.
"My eyes have been opened!"
neutral  

Dallas Overload

Fashionable Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nanenna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 am
I don't get why people care about "my guilds" when "guilds" is so much more convenient since they updated it. It has a list of all the guilds you're in and you can actually look and see what activity is going on in a guild before entering without having to load up a whole new page. I went straight to this thread from the "guilds" page without having to load up the guild's home page or the guild's forum page, that's convenient. And most of the rest of the links in the navigation are the same, the only one I've found so far aside from clans that's more clicks is the signature, and I hardly ever mess with mine. I can understand that being inconvenient if you change your sig a lot but that's it. What inconveniences are the rest of you talking about?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:55 pm
I know that several people in SF were complaining about My Posts being taken away from the new nav, and a lot of people apparently navigated using that. =/

Personally, I just don't like the bright blue. It just looks off to me personally.  

UPC Betsy

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:08 pm
I want the my posts/clan directory back. I have to go to my profile to click on the thing to see my posts. Just to get to my clan, I have to click on for guilds, then input clan instead of guild and have to click on my clan. So many damn redirections it's annoying.
And we still don't have an easy access for trades.
The color seems too bright and strange for the whole rest of the page... Like they're trying to blind us.
I really don't like it at all...I saw nothing wrong w/ the previous one besides from not being able to quickly go to trades...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:37 pm
Isn't "My Posts" in the Shortcuts menu at the top of the page? Or am I missing something?  

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Nanenna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:48 pm
Not only is it in your shortcuts, but it's also in the upper right of the forum landing page. Heck, that's where it was before it was put in the navigation bar to begin with, how come no one seems to know this?

Shortcuts *right near where your gold count is* has several useful links: trades, my posts, my latest topics, my inventory, subscribed threads, and subscribed journals. I can understand people forgetting that shortcuts even exist since all of those were in the navigation before, but they weren't always so how did you get to them before?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:47 pm
Nanenna
Not only is it in your shortcuts, but it's also in the upper right of the forum landing page. Heck, that's where it was before it was put in the navigation bar to begin with, how come no one seems to know this?

Shortcuts *right near where your gold count is* has several useful links: trades, my posts, my latest topics, my inventory, subscribed threads, and subscribed journals. I can understand people forgetting that shortcuts even exist since all of those were in the navigation before, but they weren't always so how did you get to them before?

Since the shortcuts are not part of the navigation bar, doesn't that still take away from the navigation bar itself? I like the blue, it's too bad nothing else on Gaia really goes with it though.. It's not currently aesthetically pleasing. Though this will probably change with the forum landing update. I have no real reason to use the navigation bar much anymore. They effectively made it ineffective for me now, if that makes sense. And I have never used the my shortcuts thing in the past, and I am not looking forward to "getting used to it" in the future.

I see no reason why there is so much room to add the CS stuff to the shops tab, but yet still no room to add a trade option. I wish I found that ironic, but I don't.

The user store drop down is still gone, and my guilds is gone now too.. This deleting / moving of crucial links is something I find incredibly annoying.  

Prue

Khaleesi

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:50 pm
I never paid much attention to the shortcuts thing... Now it's finally useful, was that their goal...? rolleyes
I still want the "my clan" button. I'm a vice captain and it's very frustrating either having to search all around for it, or to type in clans instead of guilds.
I still think this was unnecessary...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:59 pm
I'm getting used to the new guild situation - and yes - it is an improvement in my opinion.

I still don't like the lack of other direct links on the menus however. I don't like not having a direct link to my inventory, and would like a direct link to the inventory organizer as well. I liked being able to direct link to the shop I wanted - now it's all through the shops screen, which is pretty but I'd rather just go where I wanted to go.

I'll get used to this, but I'm not happy overall. I want more direct links on the main menus, not less.  

Keiko Dreams

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:30 pm
It's basically forcing you to look at the new stuff. That's what it's there for- For you to look at.
Personally, I don't think they needed to do all that to the layout. Now it's just less functional and more flash. *shrug*

Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff