Reply The NFL Guild
Sickest looking Offensive Lines..2009 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vegito61283

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:57 am
I was listening to the sports radio in my area and the host went down his list of sickest O-Lines in the league this year and got me thinking. Thought this would be a great idea for here.

1. Philadelphia (revamped, better than last year and much much younger)
2. NYG (Best run blocking line in the league and are able to give Eli time)
3. Falcons (they should be much better with new TE and year together)
4. Steelers (SB champ line. Nuff said)
5. SD (banged up and still kept their qb safe into the playoffs)

honorable mention
ravens
colts  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:39 am
vegito61283
I was listening to the sports radio in my area and the host went down his list of sickest O-Lines in the league this year and got me thinking. Thought this would be a great idea for here.

1. Philadelphia (revamped, better than last year and much much younger)
2. NYG (Best run blocking line in the league and are able to give Eli time)
3. Falcons (they should be much better with new TE and year together)
4. Steelers (SB champ line. Nuff said)
5. SD (banged up and still kept their qb safe into the playoffs)

honorable mention
ravens
colts
Ha the Patriots didn't make the list. Where would you put the 49ers O-Line at?  

KTS

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:03 am
I'm happy about the Giants' offensive line. O'Hara, Snee, Diehl, McKenzie, and Seubert anchor a great line that works well together. Getting Beatty in the Draft was also a steal. Hopefully they can continue to be the best blocking line in the NFL, and produce more Pro Bowlers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:40 am
As a former offensive lineman myself, I can say the best thing for a lineman to do is block down field, or run blocking. Look at the team with the #1 run offense, and there my friend is the team with the sickest offensive line, cause that's the team that has linemen who love to man handle their opponents.  

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

vegito61283

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:19 am
Japanese_Green_Tea
As a former offensive lineman myself, I can say the best thing for a lineman to do is block down field, or run blocking. Look at the team with the #1 run offense, and there my friend is the team with the sickest offensive line, cause that's the team that has linemen who love to man handle their opponents.

Going off of last season is why I had NYG number two. I was getting all aspects to the game though together. The best rushing line may also be the worst passing line. Look at the Texans a few years back. One of the best on the ground, but the absolute worst for the pass. I only have Philly up there at number 1 tentavly BECAUSE of the people they picked up and the way they have made progress throughout the offseason getting together and getting healthy. They are tentative for the moment. They may move down a spot or two though as the preseason goes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:05 pm
vegito61283
Japanese_Green_Tea

Going off of last season is why I had NYG number two. I was getting all aspects to the game though together. The best rushing line may also be the worst passing line. Look at the Texans a few years back. One of the best on the ground, but the absolute worst for the pass. I only have Philly up there at number 1 tentavly BECAUSE of the people they picked up and the way they have made progress throughout the offseason getting together and getting healthy. They are tentative for the moment. They may move down a spot or two though as the preseason goes.

The Eagles' offensive line should do well this upcoming season. They are good pass blockers, but they need to improve their short distance run blocking. If I'm not mistaken, they were around the bottom in the league at something like 3rd and 4th down and less than 2 yards. But I'll give you one thing, the Eagles are one hell of a screen pass blocking line. I miss how efficient the Giants used the screen with Tiki Barber. Now they rarely ever use it.  

Dude-LAP

God of the gays

Beloved Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:20 pm
I think the Bronocs have a vastly underrated line ( I am a fan,sue me). They will probably throw the ball less and take a more New England Patriots style to pass blocking thus less sacks. We will also maintain the zone blocking so we will still have a running game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:22 pm
Dude-LAP
vegito61283
Japanese_Green_Tea

The Eagles' offensive line should do well this upcoming season. They are good pass blockers, but they need to improve their short distance run blocking. If I'm not mistaken, they were around the bottom in the league at something like 3rd and 4th down and less than 2 yards. But I'll give you one thing, the Eagles are one hell of a screen pass blocking line. I miss how efficient the Giants used the screen with Tiki Barber. Now they rarely ever use it.

That is why Philly allowed Runyan and Thomas to walk when the season was over. They went out and picked up Stacey Andrews to compliment his brother Shawn and then went and made the trade to pick up Jason Peters. They now have one of the younger and already upper echelon lines in the league. Peters has shown he can run block like there is no tomorrow and with Todd Heremans on that side, there are now two players who can run block on that side. Shawn was always a complete lineman and now he has his brother who also is pretty complete and showed that in Cinci. There are now players all up and down the line who are able to run and pass block. But like I said, I am holding out my final judgement until preseason is over and I see how well they are all playing together and whether or not their health will be an issue.  

vegito61283

CodeRedFed

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:57 am
The steelers line, DEFINATLY didn't get them to the superbowl.
Personally I just thought it was kinda sucky. Big Ben just kinda carried them cause he seems almost impossible to sack. (Being a ravens fan, Ive seen it...Trust me. We were close on almost every play and he broke it or stepped up at the perfect time.)

I gotta agree with the eagles being #1 O line though. They are gonna definatly be in the running this year if injuries dont eat them up.

Wasn't expecting the honorable mention...but hey. I'll take it. XD
Well I guess with a lot of our guys getting healthy and the addition of Oher. We might be pretty decent on the line.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:16 am
CodeRedFed
Personally I just thought it was kinda sucky. Big Ben just kinda carried them cause he seems almost impossible to sack. (Being a ravens fan, Ive seen it...Trust me. We were close on almost every play and he broke it or stepped up at the perfect time.)

I gotta agree with the eagles being #1 O line though. They are gonna definatly be in the running this year if injuries dont eat them up.

Well I guess with a lot of our guys getting healthy and the addition of Oher. We might be pretty decent on the line.

Ben almost impossible to sack? Do you remember how many sacks Philadelphia's Defense had when they played Pittsburgh? I think it was like 10 or 11. So yeah, really hard to sack. LMFAO  

vegito61283

Oreion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:34 am
vegito61283
CodeRedFed

Ben almost impossible to sack? Do you remember how many sacks Philadelphia's Defense had when they played Pittsburgh? I think it was like 10 or 11. So yeah, really hard to sack. LMFAO

That's one game don't judge a team off of one game, excluding Superbowl. I usually don't go crazy about O-line because their just not popular like other positions, but I will say what is up with the Falcons O-line? It's the same line up as two years ago when they were absolute garbage and now their one of the top lines. Conspiracy I say! they didn't want Joey Harrington, Bryon Leftwich, ect, to do good. Fact! Confirmed!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:50 am
vegito61283
CodeRedFed

And your just supporting my point...
That their o-line sucks.
hahaha
Whether he is hard to sack or not...Both our posts show thier o- line isnt top 5.  

CodeRedFed

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Oreion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:01 pm
CodeRedFed
vegito61283
CodeRedFed

And your just supporting my point...
That their o-line sucks.
hahaha
Whether he is hard to sack or not...Both our posts show thier o- line isnt top 5.

And it is hard to sack Big Ben.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:37 pm
CodeRedFed

They did good enough to be up in the SB and keep Ben off his back. They may not be the Steel Curtain of the 70's, but they are good enought to get the job done. Since they did win the SB, they do deserve to be up there.  

vegito61283

Oreion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am
vegito61283
CodeRedFed

They did good enough to be up in the SB and keep Ben off his back. They may not be the Steel Curtain of the 70's, but they are good enought to get the job done. Since they did win the SB, they do deserve to be up there.

(Shakes head in agreement) Yeah they are good enough, their RB looks good so they must be doing something right.  
The NFL Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff