Reply The NFL Guild
Healing is Good. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Terumi Hazama-Sama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:29 pm
About half a year ago, I talked about how in my last game as a highschool fullback, My knees were broken in a double tackle by a pair of linebackers, ruining my chances of ever playing football again, at the level I used to play at, which was leading me to scholarships at multiple schools. the most interesting to me was USC and Washington, because of their proximity to my home in Vancouver, Canada. I'm back to say my knees are healing much better than my doctors thought they would. I require no surgery to pick out shards of old bone, and my body is repairing itself quite well. I'm still having a hard time walking, I use crutches just incase my legs might give out, until I fully heal of course. I figured fellow football fans and perhaps players of the game themselves, and even people who saw my first post back then might like to know how I've been since then, and the answer is great, rehab was cake compared to training camp last season, and I hope to maybe coach a little league team next year either that or I'll do what most people say I should do and try to be a scout for a football team. I'm looking it up at my local pro team, the BC Lions and they seem interested in bringing in some youth to their scouting team. I guess I'm just really glad that football will be in my future, one way or another.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:37 pm
Kickass dude. I'm playing my first year of Football this year as a Freshman at my school for WR. I weight 129 lbs and I ran the shuttle run for my age in about 8-9.75 seconds. I have a vertical jump of 19" if I can remember. And I can run 40 yards in about 5 or 6 seconds. I will hopefully make starting WR this year. I am currently doing weight lifting right now though for Football. But if you can become a Coach, that would be really awesome.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

vegito61283

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:53 pm
Good luck. I will tell you, I can feel your pain. Try playing with a dislocated shoulder all season long. That sucks as well. Well at least till the training and coaching staff find out then pull you out. Mother F'ers. Anyways, good luck and hpe you get at least some of you dream back.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:38 pm
Thanks guys, its nice to know someone out there sympathizes for me, all the people from my high school didnt help at all, they actually blamed me for my team losing that game, one guy actually kicked both my still healing knees... Its not that great of a culture at my school when you lose.  

Terumi Hazama-Sama

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:18 pm
Wow, that injury must have really sucked and made you mad. I've been lucky enough not to have my injuries interfere with my sports teams. I knocked out my knee tendinitis early, and that was about it for me.

Good luck trying to get your career back up.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:20 am
ChainedShadow
Thanks guys, its nice to know someone out there sympathizes for me, all the people from my high school didnt help at all, they actually blamed me for my team losing that game, one guy actually kicked both my still healing knees... Its not that great of a culture at my school when you lose.

That's ******** up. You should go find him and whack up upside the head with one of your crutch's.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

vegito61283

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:11 pm
Well good luck man. Still wish you the best. you should check out my football vids in the Blog thread sometime.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:35 pm
You played Football Vegito?  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

vegito61283

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:14 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

High School, but every single year I ended up with a dislocated shoulder. Was told it was how I played O-Line. When I did some running back as a backup and DE, never had an issue. But to friggin stubborn to stay in the other positions. Was a smaller O-Lineman and a small DE, but was the fastest and strongest. That was about about ten years ago almost. Had a few knee injuries and hid my dislocation for almos thalf the season till the trainer noticed it pop out while I was playing. Then I was pulled. Go figure.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:48 pm
I played for my community team until I got into high school. I played O-line and D-line until I grew a bit taller and thinned out, then I worked on my speed and went to fullback. I miss scoring touchdowns.  

Terumi Hazama-Sama

duelingfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:15 pm
I am sorry you got hurt so bad but i'm glad you are healing up.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 pm
ChainedShadow
I played for my community team until I got into high school. I played O-line and D-line until I grew a bit taller and thinned out, then I worked on my speed and went to fullback. I miss scoring touchdowns.

I miss the position my defensive coach gave me. More like the joker position at times. Because I was smaller and not as fast as the LB's, I was given the opportunity to go in at the LB position for pressure plays and/or known run plays. Miss sacking the QB and blowing up the RB behind the line of scrimmage.  

vegito61283

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:47 pm
Man, all this talk really makes me wish I played football in high school even more. I only really played pickup games. I was very good at soccer, and that's the main sport that I play. It was always in the same season as football though, so I couldn't play both. I would have loved to play linebacker or safety, but I probably wound have end up playing receiver or cornerback.

...damn Fall sports! stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:54 am
Oh my god... After I broke my knees, I didnt even scream or yell, I just stared at my legs, thinking that "this is the end, isnt it?" I felt the pain the day after when I was in the hospital after the pain meds wore off. Hell, I'm on Vicodin right now. Hehe, I feel like House from House M.D  

Terumi Hazama-Sama

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:51 pm
vegito61283
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

High School, but every single year I ended up with a dislocated shoulder. Was told it was how I played O-Line. When I did some running back as a backup and DE, never had an issue. But to friggin stubborn to stay in the other positions. Was a smaller O-Lineman and a small DE, but was the fastest and strongest. That was about about ten years ago almost. Had a few knee injuries and hid my dislocation for almos thalf the season till the trainer noticed it pop out while I was playing. Then I was pulled. Go figure.

I'm tryin' out for Receiver cause I got the height. I'm gonna be a Freshman and I'm 5'8", I can run the 40 yrd dash, drill, thing within about 6 or 7 seconds, and I have a Vertical of I think 18' or 19'.  
The NFL Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff