Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Divination - lesson two is up with the assignment Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:45 am
NOTE: This class/discussion is no longer taught/led by a teacher. However, please feel free to read through it and ask any questions that you may have or express any thoughts/opinions you have. Just please don't ask, "Can I join the class?" Because the answer is 'no'. Thank you.

Welcome to my divination class. You can call me Naia. Here's a little information about myself. I've been practicing divination for a while, and seem to have a knack for it. Divination is my passion, and I love learning new forms of it.

Now, I know that there is already a tarot class, so we won't be covering that, or oracle cards (they are very similar to tarot, but also the fact that each deck has a different number of cards and names of cards, etc, makes it hard to actually teach it).

If you have any questions about any type of divination (even ones not in this class) feel free to pm me. If I don't already know the answer, I will do research and get back to you as soon as possible. Also, I will be giving extra credit assignments to individuals. I will, however, post them in the thread, so that if anyone else wants to do them, they may. All extra credit assignments should be sent to me via pm.

Now, I have a few rules for this class. I ask that you read through them regularly in case I change them.
1. Follow gaia ToS and guild rules.
2. Do not post unless I already have you signed up as a member of this class. (You can become a member by filling out the form at the bottom of this post and pming it to me. Please do not post the form in the thread.)
3. I expect you to do the homework that I assign. Please post your homework in this thread, unless I specifically say not to.
4. If you join the class after we've gone on from the first lesson, please read through all the pages (and I mean every post) and do the homework.
5. Ask questions! There's no such thing as a stupid question. I want to interact with you - that's how you'll learn!

Sign-up sheet
Username:
What you would like to be called:
Previous experiences with divination:
Why you want to join this class:
Other: (just tell me about yourself)

Guides on the subject:
Divination  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:47 am
Those who have joined the class:
Beautiful Propaganda
Ephemeral Lazarus
captains bootie
loveblackbutterflies
KillerQueen Bash
Matalina_Mimato
Kyou Nitsune  

goddessnaia

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:06 am
I will post all lessons in document form. The homework I give you will be in thought form, and when you post your homework I would like that to be in thought form as well, unless I say otherwise. At the moment for some reason I can't post in different forms, so you'll just have to look for the lessons. I'll put in bold at the top if it's a lesson or an assignment.

Lesson Plan: (These plans are subject to change, depending on how the classes are going. Also, all the lessons are divided up into their different parts. You will receive homework for each of these parts.)

Divination Part One - Scrying
Lesson one: What is Scrying? How it works, where the visions in the ball/mirror come from.
Lesson two - you and your crystal ball/mirror: Choosing a crystal ball, choosing/creating a mirror, personalizing, purifying, preparing for use, where to keep it, sunlight, charging. (edit: I just combined lessons two and three to make this lesson)
Lesson three - using it: Setting, meditation, concentration, seeing.
Lesson four - interpretation: Past/present/future, symbols, people's roles.

Divination Part Two - Tea Leaves
Lesson one: Types of leaves and procedure
Lesson two - interpretation: Symbols, positions.

Divination Part Three - Runes
Lesson one: What are runes? History of runes, creation, what a runes set consists of, how it works, where the answers come from.
Lesson two - you and your runes: Choosing a set/making a set, cleansing.
Lesson three - spreads: Odin's rune, three rune spread, five rune spread, the runic cross.
Lesson four - interpretation: Rune meanings, face up/face down.

Divination Part Four - Numerology
Lesson one: What is numerology? History, significance of numbers, how it works, where the answers come from.
Lesson two - names: First, middle, last, and nicknames.
Lesson three: Birth dates
Lesson four - charts: Letter correspondences, name chart, birth date chart.
Lesson five - interpretation: Numbers, master numbers, placement.

I'll be adding more lessons soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:25 am
Lesson One

What is scrying?
Well, scrying is a form of divination. It can help tell you about the past, present, and future. But, it is one of the more obscure forms of divination. It’s very hard to decipher the messages that are trying to be conveyed. Sometimes you will see just a picture, sometimes a scene, but it’s difficult to know if it’s from the past, present, or future, and whether or not it actually has to do with you. The tools which are used for scrying can be a black mirror (one that can’t reflect what is in front of it very easily), a stone, a crystal ball, a fire, or even just water.
How does it work?
When you look into the medium that you’re using for scrying, it can bring you into a meditative state of mind. Your mind becomes clear, and then you begin receiving messages in the form of images or scenes that you see. At first, you might not be able to achieve this state of mind, but with practice you can learn. Also, when you first begin, it may be hard to actually focus enough that you can make the images and scenes relate to you – you could be seeing what will happen/has happened/is happening to a complete stranger. So, until you learn to channel the power that gives you the vision, you should not worry too much about what you see.
Where do the visions come from?
There are different theories about where the visions come from, but the one I will be discussing at length will be intuition. When you put yourself into the meditative state, you let your subconscious and your intuition send you clearer messages. ‘Well, then how does my subconscious know all these things?’ you might ask. Every person in the world has the ability to tap into the connections that we have with other people. These connections go beyond what you normally see every day. Your subconscious and intuition help let you receive the messages from this connection, decode them, and send messages back.
In order to learn how to focus your intuition, you need to practice a lot. That is why your first homework assignment will be about intuition. (Yes, I know it’s not divination, but it is very much connected, so I decided that it would be a good idea to talk about intuition.) In the next post you will find this assignment.  

goddessnaia

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:31 am
First Assignment

As I said in the lesson, this assignment is going to be about intuition. All I need you to do is give me as much information about your intuition as you can. Tell me how it works - do you just have feelings, or do you actually see or hear things? - in what settings it works best, when it works best (certain days/times/weeks/etc), etc. Tell me the things that help you use your intuition, and what things block it. It has to be a good sized paragraph, so at least seven sentences.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:13 pm
My intuition usually works later in the night, because I have prophetic dreams often. Usually they're nothing important, but sometimes it's nice to know that I shouldn't do this one thing because it'll turn out badly. Also sometimes I just get a random thought. Like I'll get a thing that says You have 1 new Private Message! and I'll think "oh, it's from my cousin" and it is. That doesn't happen to often though, because I'm just starting to learn how to notice my intuition. I'm not all that experienced with it yet.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:42 am
Beautiful Propaganda
My intuition usually works later in the night, because I have prophetic dreams often. Usually they're nothing important, but sometimes it's nice to know that I shouldn't do this one thing because it'll turn out badly. Also sometimes I just get a random thought. Like I'll get a thing that says You have 1 new Private Message! and I'll think "oh, it's from my cousin" and it is. That doesn't happen to often though, because I'm just starting to learn how to notice my intuition. I'm not all that experienced with it yet.

Very good, but I did say that I want at least seven sentences. You've given me some information, but I'm sure that you could come up with two more sentences about it.
On the other hand, knowing when your intuition works best, and how you hear it, is a very good thing. Now, maybe for the two extra sentences you could explain why you think that your intuition works best through dreams.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:23 am
Ah.. I have issues with intuition. I sometimes come across a word(newspaper, ect. ect,) and hear it at the same time, and it usualy has a profound meaning and effect on the day. I can sence when someone close to me is in pain but that's mosre telepathic than divinatory. I sometimes get random unexpected or unprovoked thoughts of importance about something. Like the feeling of something important, but they are not too powerful and far between. I really am not that intuitive. Haha, 8 sentances, Win. ^^  

iy8970970607

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:08 pm
Ephemeral Lazarus
Ah.. I have issues with intuition. I sometimes come across a word(newspaper, ect. ect,) and hear it at the same time, and it usualy has a profound meaning and effect on the day. I can sence when someone close to me is in pain but that's mosre telepathic than divinatory. I sometimes get random unexpected or unprovoked thoughts of importance about something. Like the feeling of something important, but they are not too powerful and far between. I really am not that intuitive. Haha, 8 sentances, Win. ^^

Hm... Well, it's very good that you did the required number of sentences. As for the feeling if someone is in pain, that's actually empathy. Empathy is where you can feel or notice someone's feelings, rather than hearing or knowing their thoughts. Now, since you claim to not be very intuitive, I'm going to give you some extra credit work to help you enhance your ability to listen to your intuition. Notice how I said listen to your intuition, rather than enhance it. Your intuition is there, you just don't know how to access it.
For your extra credit, I would like you to create a place where your intuition is free to speak to you. How you do this is by imagining it. Create every little detail you can think of. Some people use real places - their room, for example - though I have found that places you create work better. It can be any type of room, with anything in it, as long as you create it for your intuition. Imagine that your intuition is a person, and figure out what kind of room it would live in, then create it. When ever you need to use your intuition, just "go" to that room. Try this a few times, and if it doesn't work, post here and I'll give you different ways to find and listen to your intuition.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:45 pm
I'm not sure exactly why it works best in dreams. I've heard that when you sleep, your mind taps into something like a collective mind, maybe that's it?
Or I just ignore/don't hear my intuition during the day so I dream about it instead because I pay attention to my dreams more than random thoughts during the day. The second one sounds more like me, I have a habit of ignoring stuff without trying >.<  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:02 pm
Beautiful Propaganda
I'm not sure exactly why it works best in dreams. I've heard that when you sleep, your mind taps into something like a collective mind, maybe that's it?
Or I just ignore/don't hear my intuition during the day so I dream about it instead because I pay attention to my dreams more than random thoughts during the day. The second one sounds more like me, I have a habit of ignoring stuff without trying >.<

I believe that it's a combination of both. Yes, your subconscious and intuition are easier to access through dreams, but that doesn't prevent you from using your intuition when you're awake. I'm going to give you the option of doing the same extra credit work as Lazarus. I think it would really help you access your intuition better without having to sleep.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:43 pm
goddessnaia
Ephemeral Lazarus

Hm... Well, it's very good that you did the required number of sentences. As for the feeling if someone is in pain, that's actually empathy. Empathy is where you can feel or notice someone's feelings, rather than hearing or knowing their thoughts. Now, since you claim to not be very intuitive, I'm going to give you some extra credit work to help you enhance your ability to listen to your intuition. Notice how I said listen to your intuition, rather than enhance it. Your intuition is there, you just don't know how to access it.
For your extra credit, I would like you to create a place where your intuition is free to speak to you. How you do this is by imagining it. Create every little detail you can think of. Some people use real places - their room, for example - though I have found that places you create work better. It can be any type of room, with anything in it, as long as you create it for your intuition. Imagine that your intuition is a person, and figure out what kind of room it would live in, then create it. When ever you need to use your intuition, just "go" to that room. Try this a few times, and if it doesn't work, post here and I'll give you different ways to find and listen to your intuition.

I do have empathic tendancies now and again.. heh.
I really don't know what inuition is.  

iy8970970607

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:13 am
Ephemeral Lazarus

Intuition is when you know or can sense something without actually having any proof (meaning that you can't prove it except from just knowing). If you want, I can go more in depth with this.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:49 am
goddessnaia
Ephemeral Lazarus

Intuition is when you know or can sense something without actually having any proof (meaning that you can't prove it except from just knowing). If you want, I can go more in depth with this.

oh. You mean precognition.. wow... XD

I know what you're talking about then.

i even have a few exercizes for it... XD  

iy8970970607

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:24 am
Ephemeral Lazarus
goddessnaia
Ephemeral Lazarus

oh. You mean precognition.. wow... XD

I know what you're talking about then.

i even have a few exercizes for it... XD

Actually, I meant intuition... Precognition is when you know something before it happens. What I'm talking about is when you know something without any proof... Meaning, for example, and a very simple one at that, when your friend tells you something, but you know it's a lie. You don't have any proof, and they're not giving any signs - you just know.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games