Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Contralto in a Corset
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:34 pm
Chat and Carouse here!

gripe about the latest news, whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:43 pm
I hate it when people claim that Mormons aren't Christians. I mean, what with the whole worshiping Jesus part and exhorting people to do good, I would expect it to be pretty obvious how Christian we are or are not.

Also, sorry about the whole Prop 8 deal. Even some liberal Mormons were on that bandwagon, what with the whole being nitpicky about defining marriage et al.

Also also, sorry to the Jews about baptizing Holocaust victims. Our bad. We should've been more careful.

Also to the third power, sorry about Mormons having a stick up our butts. Honestly, we don't have a monopoly on The Truth (R), and the more often we tell ourselves that the more likely we are to actually believe it.

There. I think I just set the tone for the liberalization of Mormonism. W00t!  

Boxy

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:51 pm
I don't agree with my Bishop, Bishop Beckwith and his stance on gay marriage. He may allow it now because he's still in full communion with the main Anglican community but I know he doesn't like it. I just hope that he doesn't break away from the Episcopals and reorganizes with the Southern Conference.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 pm
rmcdra
I don't agree with my Bishop, Bishop Beckwith and his stance on gay marriage. He may allow it now because he's still in full communion with the main Anglican community but I know he doesn't like it. I just hope that he doesn't break away from the Episcopals and reorganizes with the Southern Conference.
Southern... Baptist? neutral

Or is there a Southern Conference of Episcopalians?  

Boxy

Contralto in a Corset
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:01 pm
Hey Boxy, you said you knew me. How'd you remember me?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:06 pm
Militant Christian
From M&R. You'd be surprised how many complete strangers give me guild invites. It's annoying.

Also, you've posted a number of times in the LDS thread. You got gumption, and I appreciate that.  

Boxy

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:07 pm
Boxy
rmcdra

From what I understand there is. The Episcopal Parishes in Texas have reorganized with the Episcopal Churches in South America due to Bishop Robinson being confirmed as a Bishop. He's openly gay and has a partner.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:15 pm
rmcdra
Boxy
rmcdra

From what I understand there is. The Episcopal Parishes in Texas have reorganized with the Episcopal Churches in South America due to Bishop Robinson being confirmed as a Bishop. He's openly gay and has a partner.
Aren't the churches in Africa antsy about gay marriage, too? Are they in the communion, too?  

Boxy

Contralto in a Corset
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:16 pm
Boxy
Militant Christian
From M&R. You'd be surprised how many complete strangers give me guild invites. It's annoying.

Also, you've posted a number of times in the LDS thread. You got gumption, and I appreciate that.
Ah, so you haven't realized I'm Takai, yet? biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:18 pm
Boxy
rmcdra
Boxy
rmcdra

Aren't the churches in Africa antsy about gay marriage, too? Are they in the communion, too?
I just joined a few months ago so I'm not fully in the know of the politics. I was also just confirmed two weeks ago too.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Boxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 pm
Militant Christian
Boxy
Militant Christian

The Bayesian inference was quite high, what with identifying yourself as Brian, formerly SDA, and that your wife was LDS. I also remembered that this was either a mule or your screenname before you became Takai.

Although your questions in the LDS thread threw me off for a while. But now I can say that the inference approaches 100% 4laugh

By the way, I sent you and Dark a letter when I was on my mission. Did it ever make it to your apartment?

And how's the employment situation going on? From last I remembered, you and Dark had a company underway.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:26 pm
Boxy
Militant Christian
Boxy
Militant Christian

The Bayesian inference was quite high, what with identifying yourself as Brian, formerly SDA, and that your wife was LDS. I also remembered that this was either a mule or your screenname before you became Takai.

Although your questions in the LDS thread threw me off for a while. But now I can say that the inference approaches 100% 4laugh

By the way, I sent you and Dark a letter when I was on my mission. Did it ever make it to your apartment?

And how's the employment situation going on? From last I remembered, you and Dark had a company underway.
Still got the letter, actually, though I don't think I was part of that company Dark was making.

How did the questions throw you off?

Contralto in a Corset
Vice Captain

Boxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:36 pm
rmcdra
I just joined a few months ago so I'm not fully in the know of the politics. I was also just confirmed two weeks ago too.
Well, congrats. Didn't you send me a message about my recommendations?

Militant Christian
Still got the letter, actually, though I don't think I was part of that company Dark was making.

How did the questions throw you off?
They were a little... different from how I remembered you. But it's been quite a while since we've actually been slugging it out in the LDS thread -- a year? Two? Four?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:38 pm
Boxy
rmcdra

Yeah I did and I decided. I honestly can agree with the Creeds of my Church and still be a Gnostic.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Boxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:40 pm
rmcdra
Boxy
rmcdra

Yeah I did and I decided. I honestly can agree with the Creeds of my Church and still be a Gnostic.
Congrats again. The Creeds are actually really easy to get along with, so long as you don't go out of your way to be obnoxious with objections.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff