Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Oh...my...gosh...(Trading Spouses) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NoSuchCreature

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:56 pm
Anyone who happens to have the time, Fox is showing an episode of Trading Spouses at 8-9pm that is, well, "interesting," to say the least.

A hypnotherapist and a devout southern Christian trade family settings. I don't want to imply any hints of people on either cultural side of this, but I think it's worth seeing if you get the chance. whee

EDIT: And let's remember, the little fit of crazy one particular woman goes through is not on behalf of religion, but on behalf of stubborn intolerance. That's what will often drag a perfectly fulfilling faith through the mud.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:43 am
I couldnt even watch. the womans a PIG. a selfish, intolorant pig who needs a one way trip to the looney bin.  

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:27 pm
Deandriea
I couldnt even watch. the womans a PIG. a selfish, intolorant pig who needs a one way trip to the looney bin.

You mean she isnt yet? eek  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:50 pm
Deandriea

I couldn't believe the way she treated that psychic (who had worn a cross since he was 12). And how she had that terrible air of superiority around the end ("In the name of the Lord, I rebuke this!"). I was just glad to see their family was a little more tolerable with peoples' beliefs, or at least decided to keep things civil when they disagreed with their guest (shame that the "guests," the southern mom's friends couldn't do the same, though).

Really goes to show that it's not the religion that creates a poor attitude, it's the person that rationalizes the religion to their interests.  

NoSuchCreature

Something to Replace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:01 pm
I couldn't stop laughing at that woman's missing tooth and how she just went on and on about how "dark sided" he was. It was just crazy!

What would you have done as a member of the man's family?? I wouldn't lose control but I would call the police because of how she was vandalizing that peice of paper (what was that anyway? it must've been important to someone..) and for going insane, overall!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:34 pm
inblood_isoak
I couldn't stop laughing at that woman's missing tooth and how she just went on and on about how "dark sided" he was. It was just crazy!

What would you have done as a member of the man's family?? I wouldn't lose control but I would call the police because of how she was vandalizing that peice of paper (what was that anyway? it must've been important to someone..) and for going insane, overall!

I think that was the letter saying how the hypnotherapist distributed the 50k to her family. She didn't want to have any part of that "dark-sidedness." xd

It really was funny though how she stared at the gargoyles, the laughing Buddha in the garden, and the pentagram guarding every single window in the house. She must have felt like a trapped rat.

And I guess next week she'll "banish" the Boston (sp?) mother from her home among other things?

Oh, and I think they might have given the Boston dad a little too much credit. I heard somewhere like on the morning news they showed behind the scenes footage where the guy gets ticked off and kicks the tv while the Louisianna mom's watching a televangelist's sermon and it shuts it off...then the mom flips out and yells why he did that to a man of god...

That crazy, poorly hygenic woman. Her kids really need to remind her to "love thy neighbor" a little better. neutral  

NoSuchCreature

Yukinoko87

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:58 pm
I absolutly love watching her freak out. I have no idea why, but I keep watching the video on the website over and over cause I just think it's so funny. Maybe that's wrong of me...but damn can that woman throw a hissy fit.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:06 am
Yukinoko87
I absolutly love watching her freak out. I have no idea why, but I keep watching the video on the website over and over cause I just think it's so funny. Maybe that's wrong of me...but damn can that woman throw a hissy fit.

Website? Link please (I live in Australia... I don't think it's on here anymore)? Thanks in advance.  

JewelsSparkle

miserabelle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:21 am
Is that anything like 'Wife Swap' that we have in England?? (two women from the family trade places for a week or so, 'hilarity' ensues omg roffle etc. etc.)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:28 am
eiry
Is that anything like 'Wife Swap' that we have in England?? (two women from the family trade places for a week or so, 'hilarity' ensues omg roffle etc. etc.)
Yep. It's the same thing.

Personally, I found it a lot like watching a train wreck.

I would have liked it better if the family was actually something like a Wiccan family or a group of Recon Pagans.

As far as "other than strict Christians" go, the Unitarian Universalists are pretty mellow. And to be honest, I didn't like the UU Father/husband. He didn't really treat his wife that well in the clips I saw. But hey- every marriage has it's troubles.

As for the "Christian" woman- she made me remember why I believe in birth control and education. To be honest, I have no problem with her actual beliefs- but her behavior towards her hosts were horrible. Same with the way the guests treated the other wife in the Southern Home.  

TeaDidikai

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:19 am
TeaDidikai

I would have liked it better if the family was actually something like a Wiccan family or a group of Recon Pagans.

I'd kill to see that.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:04 pm
Deandriea
TeaDidikai

I'd kill to see that.
i'm always telling my mom if she went on, she'd either get switched with a devote southern baptist, or a morman. (mom is athiest, little sis. is agnostic, i'm eclectic pagan& a witch, dad is a 'non practicing' catholic) oh yeah, that would be funny.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:06 pm
Deandriea
TeaDidikai

I'd kill to see that.
I'm not sure if I would or not.

It's interesting though. On the one hand you have a lot of people feeling very sorry for that "Christian" woman. On the other hand, you have a lot of Christians who are likely upset for how unChristian she acted. Still, you have a lot of pagans up in arms about how the UU Wife was treated.

The joys of editing. I'd hold off on judging them until I saw the unedited run. For all we know, the kids were running around casting spells on her to freak her out.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 pm
TeaDidikai
For all we know, the kids were running around casting spells on her to freak her out.

Which, as I hear, the Louisianna mom will ask them to "give God and Jesus a chance" in the next episode. She really ought to pay more attention to her own kids than them.  

NoSuchCreature

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:08 pm
Sucellus
TeaDidikai
For all we know, the kids were running around casting spells on her to freak her out.

Which, as I hear, the Louisianna mom will ask them to "give God and Jesus a chance" in the next episode. She really ought to pay more attention to her own kids than them.
Actually, I find that well within the bounds of the social experiement.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff