Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Switch and Seme Haven
Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 166 167 168 169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will any one actually be on the side of the goodguys?
probably not
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
not me!
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
my character is too dark
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
being good is sooo not cool, guys
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Why the hell is this so easy to predict???
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:34 pm
It's the year 2069. Some would have thought the world would have progressed in its inventions since years past, but it hasn't. Everything is the way it once was but there is a dirtiness around New York City that gave a sinking feeling that not even the youngest of children were innocent anymore. There were no longer seasons, all times of the year were winter and snow was in abundance everywhere in the world. But no one seemed to notice the absurdity. How could they? Hope had died long ago and even the religious groups were relinquishing their doomed crusades against the immortality that laid heavy in the air. Clubs of every kinda lined chaotically down every block. The blinding lights and deafening music were a way of life that was lived between short spurts of debauchery and finally a few hours of sleep. And it was all punctuated by the cold of the bristling wind that seemed to reach everywhere. Ther was a time when gods were restrained to Mount Olympus, but like the warmth of summer, it was only a pleasant memory. Gods had been roaming the earth for over a decade now, feeling like a Lost Generation of hopeless immortals with nothing to do but disguise themselves as humans. None of the mortals really seemed to notice and if they did, they probably thought that the constant drug using was finally getting to them. But the gods knew something was definitely wrong. They knew it more definitely than the crunch of snow beneath their holy feet. Jupiter had cracked and everything had been shoved away by the violence of the madman above. But now after a year, the gods were beginning to wake up. They were beginning to realize their power in such a world.
They were beginning to realize that they could quite easily push this "world" into the wonder it once was.
...Or into a chaotic oblivion.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:41 pm
Ok..... I finally got it posted.... by the way, the title means "A World Held by the Gods." It's Latin, kiddos!

Rules
1. pm me your character's description and I'll put it at the front page so people who join later don't have to search.
2. follow Gaia rule, I want to see guys in bed just as much as you all do, but do it in pm/email (email would be better so you won't get banned, but I don't know how strict Gaia is)
3. be literate.... other people may not care but I do, and since I made this thread, I'm your master so you better stay on your knees and give some good posts because it makes whoever you are rping with happy to see them and because real life happens in detail. I don't want any Tolkiens, but give us more than a few sentences please.
4. Keep OOC chat to a minimum. we all flirt with each other, but come on...
5. You had better have some fun whether you like it or not, dammit.

Also, when PMing me, use this basic form.... it makes things easier... or just use one of your own, which ever best suits your character:

Name:
Gaia Name:
God/Human/Hero/Other:
Age (if it applies):
Appearance:
Personality:
Distinguishing Marks/Jewelry:
Any Vital History we need know: ((Btw, this is only real important things, but leave your character's mystery and we can find more out about each's history in the rp itself. But if you want to give it all, I don't care))

lack_luster_soul
Crew

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:45 pm
Characters!

Name: Endymion (or "Dymion" for short. )
Gaia Name: Sabyien
Appearence: long black hair, vibrent colbalt eyes. (very much like my avatar,)
Is a very beautiful young man.
Race: Human (?)
Situation:
Since being put to into what was supposed to be an eternal sleep by the moon-goddess, Endymion has retainted his youthful loviness for more then a millenia.
Through events unknown, he has awakened in a time in which he must quickly adapt, for the streets of 2069 New York City are not kind to those innocent to the times. Unfortuntely for Endymion, apon awakening he was taken in by the master of a prestigous and well known house of ill-virtue.
Takeing advantage of the young man's beguiling youth and beauty, He is forced to become the star attraction on the stage.

Name: Apollo
Gaia Name: lack_luster_soul
God/Human/Hero/Other: God of music, healing, prophecy, poetry, the arts, medicine.
Age (if it applies): well, its doesn't apply (looks about 21)
Appearance: He's a tall lanky young man, but leanly built. He has interesting black hair that is cut to have one edgy shorter length for most of the hair at his collarbones, but at random spot, his hair falls in strips to his middle back. This hair has streaks of a faded periwinklish color of blue/violet and other streaks of creamy white. It falls straight and has dark blue ribbons seemingly woven in at spots. His eyes are the same faded light violety blue as the streaks in his hair. his skin is creamy offwhite, matchingthe other streaks of his hair, yet is not unblemished as you will soon find. Everything about him has a sort of liquid sleek edge. Like something that looks so sharp and sleek that you want to holdit even though it will cut you. Mostly dresses in distressed jeans of black fishnetted shirts. All of his clothes are career-oriented, like a casual seduction.
Personality: Very playful and curious, ususally goes past all boundaries, including the limits of personal space. He knows he's doing it but he doesn't care. However, when people prod at him, his reaction is to pull up his casual lies that he has foor his own character and to close up all hope at ever seeinganything more than the stereotypical rocker he makes himself to be.
Distinguishing Marks/Jewelry: has two long light grey feathered angel wings tattooed on his back at his shoulderblades. They stretch down his back. Has a large fresh-looking scar of an "X" over his heart. Wears a long silver chain with a charm of a bow and arrow that reaches his mid abs.
Occupation: Lead singer and guitarist of a rock band, plays some big shows but mostly plays are clubs and bars
Any Vital History we need know: None except that he has a large grudge against Jupiter and that he he hasn't seen his twin sister Diana/Artemis since the gods were banished from Mount Olympus. He has a great deal of history but it will be revealed later on.

Name: Hermes (Mercury, whichever)
Gaia Name: Xanatosgray
God/Human/Hero/Other: Herald of the gods, god of trade and good fortune
Age (if it applies): seems to be in his late 20's, early 30's
Appearance: looks like a ragged hitchhiker, usually in well-worn cargos and long-sleeve knit shirts, a good, heavy leather jacket and he carries around an old, worn out bag that has an innumerable amount of pockets. He has shaggy, dirty-blond hair and grey eyes, high cheekbones and well tanned skin, despite the lack of sun.
Personality: he's an easy going trickster that has a hard time staying still. Wandering from place to place, staying long enough to get bored before moving on. Playful and unassuming, Hermes befriends everyone and hates very few people. As for Jupiter, he hasn't seen him since he cracked, a hard thing for him to take, as they were very close and he just let Jupiter's ways pass without a word.
Distinguishing Marks/Jewelry: None, really besides his tanned skin. He does, however, have a beanie with two wings knit on the sides, a thing which made him laugh enough to buy.
Occupation: None, he's a god and what's more, the god of trade and, as such, has more money than he knows what to do with. But for fun he likes to play whatever instrument comes to hand on street corners.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:27 pm
((uhhhhhhhhhhh... lets get this party started!))
The side door of the club "Pandora's Box" opens noiselessly Apollo nearly stumbles down the back entrance stairs. It was around 11 pm, fairly early to be this exhausted already. The crowds were unnerving in there, sure he loved attention but the overwhelming mass of half-naked bodies forming large white capped waves were beginning to wear against him in the tide. He tilts his head from side to side, getting a few resounding cracks from his neck. He was absolutely covered in sweat and he had a feling most of it wasn't his own. He pushes a few dripping wet locks of hair behind his ears and dug hastily for a cigarette in hisback pocket. He was wearing black leather pants tonight, a bad game plan considering the humid heat that he could still feel radiating from the door behind him. But the blue fishnet shirt made up for some sense of ventilation. Atleast it did before it became totally soaked. He looked like he had been dancing in the rain. He curses, wishing it would rain as the flicker of his lighter illuminated the dark alleyway from its source near his mouth. He watches the tip burn and then the light went out, leaving behind a little orb of sickly orange light. He breathes a sigh filled with smoke. Saturday night at Pandora's Box was just getting started.  

lack_luster_soul
Crew

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:38 pm
Hermes watched Apollo leave the club, a sly smile on his face. When was the last time he had seen his old freind? Far too long if you asked him. He stood, weaving his way easily and gracefully through the crowd to slink quietly down the stairs Apollo had dissappeared through.
"Really, 'pollo," He started, taking the cigarette from his hand and sucking on the end, "one would think that you would be used to such heat."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:08 pm
Apollo's eyes glaze slightly, as a small smirk formd on his lips. He hadn't seen Hermes in quite a while, but that didn't mean he was going to tackle him. His violet eyes roll slightly before they meet Hermes'. He steps close, casually taking back the cigarette and taking a long drag before purring, smoke gently winding into the other god's face, "I live in heat, Hermes, but that doesn't make the cold any less magnificent." He smirks, closing his eyes and falling back against the wall, leaning there and tenderly nursing the cigarette for a moment. His eyes finally sweep back up to Hermes for a moment, "So where have you been. I haven't even seen a shadow of you since Jupi... Well, lets just say that we all saw it coming... I for one kind of like this place... So much indulgence, so much heat... I'm beginning to suspect I'm becoming jaded..." He took a few last looooong drags, burning the cigarette to the butt. He flicks it to the ground in the mass graveyard of trash, flies, cigarette butts, and brownish snow. He scuffs it out with the toe of his boot, looking almost disgusted for a second.  

lack_luster_soul
Crew

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:55 pm
Lounging on a hand rail Hermes looked at his feet, momentarily quiet. "What Jupiter did, I'm sure he had reasons for. As for myself, I've been here and there...you know me, can stay in one place for long," He gave a weak, unconvincing smile.
"And as for you," he said, his smile becoming far more devilish, "you must give yourself more credit. You've been jaded for quite a long time."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:30 pm
It was dark where he slept, the young man smiled in his sleep, he was expecting his etheral visitor soon. Oh, the light touch of her hands on his skin, her kiss....

"Hey! Get up, your on in a few mintues."

The gruff voice woke him out of his pleasent dream. Dymion sat up from the couch
and streched. The youth was dressed in a odd outfit. Black pleather pants that hung very low on his hips, a black long sleeve shirt that cut so high it exposed his pink nipples with their sliver pircings.
Endymion yawned, appearing more cat-like with the cat-ears and tail attached to his coustume.
A big blurly man pushed him roughly towards the door. "Go on, go!"
He resisted the urge to push back, but that would only result in another day without food. Endymion was never beaten, his boss didn't want him bruised before a show and every night he had to perform.
Fixing the black platform boots on his feet, Dymion let one of the girls stainghten his clothing. The girl was drifting her hands over his body, Ohhing and Ahhing over him.
The prize Dancer of the Pandora's Box was a young man of such exqiste beauty he was sometimes mistaken for a girl. The long black hair added to the confusion.
And the make-up too.... He wore black eyeliner, which served only to enhance the color of his eyes.
The boss took a hold of the leash attached to the coller around the youth's neck. Pulling him down the halls and up the stairs to the back stage area. The boss yanked the chain. "You go out there and dance, you hear me? Those kooks out there paid me a lot of money to get in here. And I don't want them dissapointed." he gave Dymion a slap on the bottom before releasing him.
Endymion snorted. "Yeah,yeah ....alright." he stepped up to the stage. under his breath he muttered. "You'r the king-kook you b*****d."  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:35 pm
Apollo's eyes were back on Hermes now, a fixed cold steely gaze. He stepped closer, looking as if he would embrace him for a moment, but his hands stayed in his back pockets. Closer though, it was easier to see he was actually glaring. He stares up at Hermes for a long moment before whispering lightly on the cold air, "If jaded means realizing that life on Olympus was s**t, then I'm as jaded as they come.... You are too... and so were all of them. Especially my sister... You all were just too scared to say anything and if my early exile was punishment for my words, then I am quite glad to be excommunicated..." He turns, walking up the stairs slowly, calm, reserved, as emotionless as his words, he doesn't even look back as he speaks, "Jupiter needed someone to tell him that he wasn't almighty just because he was king.... He just exiled the messenger... So in that, I bet you're pretty glad I was there to get kicked out for you, Little Wings..." He opens the door to the club again and slips inside, pulling the door closed behind him. He walks to the "employees only" area of the club, trying his hardest not simply pummel all the humans in his way. He wasn't mad at Hermes, he had never been mad at him. But he was pissed as all hell at Jupiter and seeing Hermes, who was still sticking up for the fallen king of gods, was not a good reminder of old times. He sighs at the door, letting a little bit of anger fade his his eyes sweep over the club. So many people. There was a dancer onstage now. He watches for a moment, unable to see very well, but definitely able to tell it was a guy. He walks to the bar, ordering straight whiskey. He took the shot with a small grimace before giving one last glance ot the boy on stage and disappearing behind the closed "employees only" door.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:34 pm
He crawled out from the curtian on his hands and knees, to much whiseling and cat-calls. He ignored them, Endymion had gotten used to such things.
Getting up on his feet he half closed his eyes and danced to the primal music. The crowd cheered and howled as he swayed across the stage. Several bills where tossed up to him as he continued dancing.
Endymion was worlds away, dancing allowed him to escape his situation and rememeber much simpler times when he understood the world.
Gods, how he'd like to just go back.
Endymion heard the calls, asking him to take some clothing off. He ignored them, It wasn't in the bosses contract that he strip for this crowd. Only for private customers.
He let a woman touch his swinging tail, teaseing the audiance. The more he teased the more louder they got.
He smiled. more screams sounded.
The music ended. He gave them a bow and quickly walked off stage.
The stage-hands scurried to gather the money tossed up to the stage.
Endymion sighed and sat in a chair in the backstage area. he watched as the boss-man gleee fully stuffed the bills into a backpack to be counted later.
"So, Boss.....do I get a brake tonight?" Dymion asked.
"No, your still booked to do some private shows tonight." The boss said. "Get cleaned up and get upstairs."
Endymion narrowed his eyes. "But you promised that..."
"I didn't promise you anything!" He lied. "Now get back upstairs you gimp!" he roared.
The youth sulked away, as always a bouncer of the club followed him, his eternal bodyguard.  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:56 pm
Hermes stood still as he listened to Apollo and his expression became guarded. Watching him go he thought on the days before they had been forced out, the events that had lead up to Jupiters fall. Hermes was the last to leave the side of his king, and had held onto the delusion that he would get over whatever it was, as he always had done, given time. The casting out of the olympians was hard for them all, but Hermes just felt sad, and somewhat lost, rather than angry, as most of his compatriots had. It had been like watching a great noble staff wither, become feeble in it's advanced age, and die an unnoticed death alone and forgotten.
He looked at the closed door and said sullenly, "Gee, Apollo, nice to see you, too. Doing well? Any word from Diana? Great, nice talking to you..." he turned his back to the door andf took to the snow covered streets, pulling his coat closer around himself.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:39 pm
Apollo's hands were shaking and he could still feel the sting of the alcohol. But there was a different sting in his throat as well. He gulps at it, breathing slowly deeply in and out, trying to find someone to blame for it. Jupiter and Apollo had been close, very close. But that had been a long time before the exile. They always used to take the same side on every issue, and unlike some god, tehy had never let their own feelings get in the way when the ruling of mortals was at hand. Hermes had never really been that way either. It didn't matter, he felt like blaming Hermes. He picks up a lyre, sitting in the corner. His old instrument, the one Hermes has made for him so long ago (hope you don't mind, happened in Greek mythology, but if you want to ignore it, its cool). It had been his first instrument. He had started walking more slowly now, weaving through the back tangles of the vast club. He gazes down at the lyre, trailing fingertips down its neck. Beautiful, so damn beautiful. And it was all his fault. He was about to roll his eyes when he saw something in his periphrial vision. It was the dancing boy, sulking around like an upset cat. And dressed like one too. He couldn't supress the small upturn of his lips. I was cute, in some weird modern manner. He pondered the propose if his shirt, then gave up. The guy was angry, he looked like he probably had good reason. He dug someting from his pocket and waltzed over, quite uninvited. He pats the very large body guard on the shoulder (prolly cuz he couldnt reach to pat his head) like a child and walks to the boy. he holds up a $20 bill. He grins, obviously very amused by him for the moment, "Its a shame they don't let dancers around here keep tips, but that rule technically doesn't count when you aren't on stage... So don't tell anyone, or we'll both be in trouble." He places it calmly in the front of the boy's pants (not in a sexy way, he's more amused than anything, so he treats it like a casual gesture). He runs a hand through the boy's hair and says cheerfully, "Buy yourself some food." He turns and begins to walk away, his mind drifting back to Hermes. The whole situation was deeply troubling to him.  

lack_luster_soul
Crew

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:49 pm
Blinking, Endymion retrived the bill, normaly he would have hidden it. but that man who gave it to him.....His face....
"T-Thank you." he stuuddered out, he wasn't too sure why, but he flet in his bones that he should thank this man for any gifts. The feeling came out of soemthign from his past.....in the temples....

(Ooc: sorry if it's so short. )  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:06 pm
Apollo gives a small glance back at the man's shocked face. Confusing... He would think any dancer would be used to something like that. He stops for a second, staring at him for a moment, watchin his eyes and small movements. He was looking for anything familiar. He felt like he knew him, in fact, he reminded him of someone... But he couldnt quite place whom... His hand grips his lyre tighter and he finally gives a small smile and uses his free hand to make a "waving off" gesture, "No problem..." He waatches one second more before turning and making his way off to the "dressing room" they gave him. It was a funny concept that an alcove barely larger than a bathroom could be a dressing room, but it was away from people. He sinks into the slightly cushioned chair, staring down at the lyre. Atleast alone he didn't have to hide anything. He sits there, angry as hell at Jupiter. For hurting him, for telling Apollo all the the lies he needed to keep him at bay, for pushing him from the mountain first. And especially for not even tryingto contact him. He curses through his teeth, "Damnit Hermes...." It wasn't Hermes' fault, he knew it. But he didn't care. he needed someone close by to blame his scalding hot tears on. He wipes at his cheeks angrily, "Damnit!"
((no problem, my rules are just referring to people who use one sentence posts and do it constantly, I'm not as much of a nazi as I make myself out to be, hehe))  

lack_luster_soul
Crew

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:56 pm
Meandering back to the shabby little apartment he kept, Hermes sent a message on the wind telling Apollo where he was staying. He doubted the charioteer would care, or bother to come find him for that matter, but he was known to be hopeful. It was odd, seeing another immortal, they had been scattered after the banishing and few had even tried to find out where Hermes had gone. Not that he really minded, of course, he knew they viewed him as a foot-licking toady and when he did encounter the rare Olympian he was very often sneered at and treated like something that was found on the bottom of their illustrious shoes.
Upon entering the small living space he conjoured a fire, started a pot of hot cocoa upon it and sat to ponder while the milk heated. He wondered how Dionysus was doing; he always took everything in stride and never really let anything get to him. In fact, he though with an amused smile, he was probably having wilder parties than ever before and living in complete and utter debauchery without the worry of Zeus' disapproving eye on him.  
Switch and Seme Haven

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 166 167 168 169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff