Evolving Items Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:39 pm
Weekly updates regarding the EI reports and the EIs that evolve.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:39 pm
Updated 4/10/2009
Kottan Bell, Infernal Spirit, Reve Rouille, Nartian Rock, Diapered Egg, Fremere's Guard, and Nano-C.

Kottan Bell: So far, I'm not a fan of this. The only thing I like about it is that it vaguely reminds me of Kodama. I could be wrong, but it seems like there was some inspiration drawn from them.
Infernal Spirit: It seems as though the Infernal Spirit finished today. I like some of the armor the (I think) final evolution, but as I've stated repeatedly, I'm sick of items that require you to own five of it to enjoy it. All in all, it's had some decent items, and some sometimes good, sometimes iffy art (I don't care for the shading on the capes, but it's still something I could probably use).
Reve Rouille: From what I can see of the MP previews, the items are pretty nice. I think I like the goggles, but I can't tell because of my scarf. The obi/belt seems well done, too.
Nartian Rock: Uhh, this little thing creeps me out. I'm noticing that the headphones very much remind me of Prince from Katamari Damacy, which is neat. The pants have some neat coloring, but other than that, there's not much else I like from this evolution, but the item seems like it could have some promise.
Diapered Egg: Not my cup of tea. But I find it funny that it's not supposed to be a Valentine's Day item, and yet it holds a cupid that looks suspiciously close to our Cupid NPC.
Fremere's Guard: I like the art for this item, if only because of the gem (I have an odd obsession over gems gonk ), but it's still another of those items that you'd need several of. That being said, I do like the headpieces that were given, and the cloth sash as well.
Nano-C: As a Sci-Fi, helmet, and gun fan, I've got to say this update disappointed me. I like the armor that gives the shoulder pads but the shading on the guns makes them seem very flat and lackluster to me. And I don't care for the helmets at all (from what I can see of them, at least). I do think that this will make some of Gaia's sci-fi fans happy though.

[ .NK. ]
Captain

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:40 pm
Reserved.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:09 pm
Interesting that after having an absurdly bad (number-wise, as I loved the Gogh Reed's evolutions) EI report, they shove *another* EI in our faces. stare  

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:35 pm
I'm learning to ignore the Cash Shop announcements. Didn't work too well this time. Right now, I'm telling myself, "It could be $10 and why are you worried about picking it up? You probably can't afford it on the MP anyway." sweatdrop Heck I don't even remember the item's name.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:16 pm
I'm still anxiously awaiting the $.49 EIs (not including the shirt) to show up.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:31 pm
Oh, did I forget to mention that they put this new one out when the Reve hasn't evolved ONCE yet? D<

@jaggedbubbles: I wouldn't mind some of those myself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:35 pm
Ugh, new EI. I don't like it. Doesn't seem worth...whatever it costs because I know it's not $.49. Released entirely too close to the last EI.

Jesus, Gaia.  

[ .NK. ]
Captain

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:21 pm
It's $5 and someone said that the um...armored EI, (I forget the name is, the nothing but armor EI) about to finish so that's why it was released. Still doesn't take away how annoying it is that they keep doing this.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:47 pm
The EI that you're referring to is Infernal Spirit, and I heard the same about it. It's obnoxious that they don't wait until the week AFTER an item finishes before they introduce a new one. =__=;;  

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:53 pm
I suppose that the more EIs they pump into the system, the more they will sell. sweatdrop

I agree that they should time the releases a little better.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:03 pm
I beg to disagree. The LESS often they make these, the more likely people (like me) would feel like buying them, because they wouldn't feel like it's being stuffed down their throats.

Also, in my opinion:
Less updates = Less trips to get Cash cards = More willing to get cash cards if a new item appears

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:18 pm
Siarnaq
I beg to disagree. The LESS often they make these, the more likely people (like me) would feel like buying them, because they wouldn't feel like it's being stuffed down their throats.

Also, in my opinion:
Less updates = Less trips to get Cash cards = More willing to get cash cards if a new item appears

There are always those users that have to have something as soon as it comes out ("First Gen Whores" is what I call them). The more the Cash Shop has first gens, the more they're going to buy. I get a strange feeling that a lot of the revenue from CS items is from that group of individuals.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:18 pm
How long has it been since the CS had a regular item update? Lately it's all EIs and the occasional holiday themed items. I refuse to ever buy an EI with real money but I might be willing to invest in some GC for regular items like the dashing gentleman or bridal sets.  

Nanenna

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:25 pm
Nanenna
How long has it been since the CS had a regular item update? Lately it's all EIs and the occasional holiday themed items. I refuse to ever buy an EI with real money but I might be willing to invest in some GC for regular items like the dashing gentleman or bridal sets.

I've seen things said like this: "These kinds of items don't get us a lot of revenue, so we're not going to put much effort into creating many."
*cough* Inconsiderate cash whores *cough* stare

Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces